All

Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

All

Post by kabukiman »

You travel without incidents. At the end, you are quite hungry- in cheap class, they don't serve any food. The aeroport is several miles at north of Arkhan. It's a medium size city- less than one million of inhabitants, with several high tech companies. You take the metro, and arrive at the Miskatonic University. The buildings are quite ancient, probably XIX century, but in very good shape. With some help, you arrive at the office where the meeting is suppose to happen: the complicated name, is the modern (and political correct) name of the department of history.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: All

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I hope they have food at the meeting," says Patrick to Vance as they reach the office. "I'm starved." When Vance is ready, he walks inside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

A secretary brings you inside. You see 4 different men. One is older (about 60's) with glasses (a very rare thing nowadays), thin built, gray hair and pale; 2 others are about 40, strongly built with a very skin that show they get a lot of air; the last one is much younger, barely 30 with a very shy look.
-Yes gentleman?- asks the older.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Hello, I'm Patrick Henry Lee," says Patrick. "My friend Vance and I are here to work for the expedition."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-In the expedition? In what roles? You are not teachers or students... Oh! The mercenaries! Funny, you don't like thugs. That's better. I presume you know all the conditions and objectives?
-Sir, I doubt they know anything- says one of the man with 40's- we didn't give much details to keep the secrecy.
-Right! Could you speak a bit of you before I explain you a little more?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I come from Virginia originally," says Patrick, "but I stayed in California after I graduated from CalTech with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science. I've always been good with computers, and I've got my own deck and programs. I'm also a very good driver, and I know a bit about American history. I can do research the old fashioned way as well as online. While Vance here is much better at fighting than I am, I'm fully capable of defending myself."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-The computer expert! I remember now we ask one. And you mister?-He asks to Vance.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

OOC: I'm putting all five of Vance's points into handgun.

Vance looks at the professor.

"You don't recognize me? I'm not surprised. Like my computer friend here, I do hacking, just not the same type."

He swings his axe up between himself and the professor, then sets it on the ground and leans against it with one hand.

"I also stab thing, shoot things, and punch things," he explains.

"Do you see the irony? I spent a year here at your very own institute, and all I got were worthless high marks when no one could find the money to send me to a second year. I go scorn the works of the mind, kill people in California, fight until it is all I can do, and now you want to pay me to accompany you. Yep, I'm the mercenary thug you want. And if you want to test me before you hire me, I can prove my combat abilities at any time."

Like Patrick, Vance is actually thinking about food, but he is not going to let on to the college profs.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

They look suprised at you.
-You were a student of archaeolog or Historyy? Strange, I don't remember you. What was your mainfield? Egypt? Meso-America? Classical or Medieval History?
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I only spent a year, and I did not declare a major. I took a few history courses - you might be able to find me in your records. But that's all in the past now. I've spent the last few years of my life as a solo in Night City, and that is why I am here now. I'm a bit curious why you plan to hire guards on your archaeological expedition, although it is a smart move - the world is dangerous beyond the ivory tower..."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Hum, I remember now. We lost several promissing students and were forced to canceled all the archaeological campaigns for 3 years. Now, to avoid that, we only accept the help of the corporation if they give us the funds for the full time. And we have special conditions for ancient students.
-Sir, I think it's better that we keep focus in the subject.

-Oh? Ok, then. Well, you all know that the modifications of the planet temperature are a disaster for the envirament and the planet and all those things. But sometimes, good things happen. You see, with the melting of the ice, it was discovered that in Greenland some ruins were discovered in the far north. They must be Viking of course, since it doubtful that the Inuit could have done such complex buildings, but we need to send a group to be sure. Its an amazing discovery. With the extintion of the polar bear, the only problem will be the wild dogs who can be a true nuisance, and maybe pirates.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That does sound interesting," says Patrick. "Why would pirates be up in northern Greenland? Aside from these ruins, is there anything up there worth plundering?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-There are aquatic farms and and oil platforms. So, we will leave soon, since the preparation of the expedition is already finished.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I can probably take any thug, some wild dogs, or even a handful of criminals by myself, but if you think we might encounter a dozen pirates, then perhaps you should hire some additional mercenaries," Vance says.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-We did. We have a contract we four other mercenaries. And the groups of pirates operating there are very small-, so they should't pose a problem. Anything else you want to know?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Has word of this discovery leaked out?" asks Patrick. "Is there any chance we'll have to contend with rival expeditions?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-It could be, there is always some official who can be bribed. But no expedition can be made legally, we have receive the rigths, and I doubt that it could be made so quickly, it would demand an huge amount of money.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I see. Who are the other four you've hired, and when do we meet them?" asks Patrick.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-We have already meet them. They are mercenaries like you, and you should meet them tomorow in ther plane. Anything else?
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"When do we get paid? Before, after, or during? Other than that, I'm ready," says Vance, who is thinking of where to eat.

Return to “Chapter 2”