All

Moderator: kabukiman

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: All

Post by Mr. Handy »

Patrick looks around for a hiding place for everyone while he answers the phone. "Hello?" he says quietly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

-Here Vance! One of the students told me they would be company. I'm lefting everyone here, and I'm running to the camp. Should be there in 15 minutes. Talked with the other merc, he is also on is way.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Eight armed men have arrived by helicopter and taken over the camp," says Patrick. "I'm with a couple of the guys who can fight in the hills north of camp, and we've got the girls with us to keep them safe. Four of the men split off and they're heading north, but I don't think they've spotted us. They're either heading for the mounds or the city. You may want to avoid them on your way back. We can regroup and then come up with a plan."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Ok, I'l try to be careful.
The men continue to north. After some time, you see Vance, a little tired
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good to see you," says Patrick. "Now's the best time to do something, while their forces are split. There are four men in the camp now, and the other four have gone off to the north. I have a gun and know how to use it, but you and the mercenaries have the combat experience. I fought off their attack in the matrix, but this is the first time I've been in a battle in the real world. Have you got a plan?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Can you tell us more about them? Did their attack in the matrix give any clues about them?

I'm more of a close-quarters fighter. I think we should attack the ones in the camp fast and take their helicopter, then use it to go after the four headed north. If the girls don't want to fight, they should look out to make sure the four that went north are not coming back," Vance says quickly but calmly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I tracked the runners who attacked in the matrix back to Detroit," says Patrick, "so they're not part of this crew, but they both work for the same people. They timed their attacks to happen at around the same time. I got an anonymous warning online shortly before the attacks came. Whoever warned me had an avatar of a blurred figure of an old man. Those are very hard to come by. He had been monitoring a corporation he didn't name when he stumbled across information about the attacks and decided to warn me. He said they were trying to cross boundaries man wasn't supposed to, and he said they would attack both in the matrix and the real world. One of the attackers had a lizard avatar, and he was using a stealthed demon program, but stealth doesn't hide you from other runners. I caught him outside the datawall and took him down with my beta flatline. He's going to need a new cybermodem now. Then I saw that the datawall had been breached, and I found the second runner inside trying to crack the encryption on our site's files. I flatlined that one too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Some time latter the other mer from the city arrives. With all the group together, you decide then to attack the camp. How do you do that?
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Vance makes sure he has his combat helmet on and weapons ready.
"Ideally, we could sneak into the camp and take out each man one at a time, but they probably were smart enough to post a lookout. Who has the longest range weapon? Really, our only option is to approach the camp until we see the lookout and have the range, then try to shoot him before he calls the others. If the lookout misses us, we'll be in luck. If not, we'll want to scatter as fast as possible, because it will be a straight shootout. There isn't a lot to work with tactically here - snow forts just don't do much against bullets. "
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Okay," says Patrick. "Let's see if we can find and take down the lookout first. I'm not very good at sneaking around, but maybe I can spot him. Your crossbow may have the best range unless someone has a rifle, and best of all, it's silent." He checks his pistol and makes sure it's fully loaded. "The lookout might have tried to occupy high ground, so we should check these hills first. Does anyone here know of any other good vantage points on the camp and surrounding area besides the hills?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

The camp is in low ground, and the sentinels are perfecly visible in the camp. They are all together, but are not paying attention, they are speaking (screaming) with several teachers.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We can't do much while they're all together with potential hostages," says Patrick. "We need some kind of diversion that will get one or two of them to split off and go somewhere else where we can ambush them, but not the sort that would make them suspicious. Any ideas?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Well, we could await that the other group returns, ambush them, and pretend we are members of that group- says one of the merc.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"If we ambush the other group near here," says Patrick, "the four in the camp would hear the noise of battle. Then we'd have to contend with all eight of them at once. But we could try to follow the trail of the four who left the camp and try to catch them with their guard down. Once we take care of them, we can impersonate them and return to the camp."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-That seems even better. So let's follow them?
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: So?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm ready to follow them; it was my idea, after all. I'm just waiting for [b]Vance[/b] to say if he agrees.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: I'l NPC him, so yes, he agree ;)

After walking a bit, you arrive at the city. You are already inside, when you hear some voices in a street near (you don't know the voices, but they speak in english).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Patrick takes cover behind a building and tries to make out what the voices are saying.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Faster! Where is that temple and all the gold you said it was there? (unknow voice)
-By this way, you will see, there is an altar with lot's of jewels and gold, all you have to do is enter in that room (you recognize as one of the teachers).

Return to “Chapter 2”