All

Moderator: kabukiman

Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Re: All

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I waited to look at the pictures until returning to camp. Shall we do it now?" Vance says.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Okay, if you want," said Patrick, "but remember my warning. You might want to sit down first, and I hope you haven't eaten recently." He makes the pictures and video available to Vance. "I'll take a look at the skull you found, but I'm no biologist."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"We can leave the science to the scientists. Professor, you wanted to see?"

Vance looks at the pictures before the film. He waits for the professor to sit down, but he remains standing himself. It has been long enough since breakfast.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

You see image of a dark room and grotesque statue, that seems huge: it seems some kind of toad/bat, with a big bellied, but with short fur and closed globular eyes.
Make a sanity roll: if you fail, lose 1 sanity point; no loss if you fail.
Then, you see some pool of dark water starting to form in vaguely human form, just like in some bad movie, but for some reason it affects you.
Make a sanity roll: if failed, lose 1d4, if passed, lose 1 point.

OOC: I presume, that Patrick doesn't look at the pictures, right? :lol:
OOC2: What is wrong with invisible castle? Its very rare now to find it working!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's right, [b]Patrick[/b] isn't looking at the pictures. He's already seen the real thing, anyway. :P Invisible Castle has been down again for the last couple of days. I'm not sure why it keeps going down so often.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

OOC,If I can't get on to a working IC page today, I'll roll at home and post the results.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC,Yes, it's better, IC only works randomly
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

OOC,http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2338191/ (San roll passed at 45) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2338192/ (San roll failed at 82) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2338193/ (1 point San loss)
Vance isn't affected by the odd-looking statue, but when he sees the puddle, he gets a strange feeling.

"That looks much more...real...than it should. If it wasn't a trick, then what could have happened?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I have no idea," says Patrick. "I've never seen or heard of anything like it. Seems like something out of some science fiction story. Maybe it's some sort of genetically engineered lifeform? They're doing all sorts of interesting things with genetics these days, and I was just doing research on those genetics corporations before we came here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

The professor is looking at that with a strange look.
-That reminds me something- he says in a very low voice- something I read once. But it cannot remember what.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Try to remember, if you can," says Patrick. "It could be important. Do you recall anything about it? Does the phrase 'the sleeper of N'Kai' mean anything to you?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Maybe we could search the university files? If the phrase appears in any scholarly text, reference material, or work of literature, Miskatonic might have a copy," Vance suggests.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's a good idea," says Patrick. "I could look around online and see if I can learn anything about it there. I heard the name from the voice that spoke into my mind, which claimed to be the servant of the sleeper of N'kai. I'm not aware of any technology that could cause that effect. I don't know if anyone else heard the voice too and didn't report it, or if it was just me. If the latter, then your suggestion that something interfaced with my cyberjack is the most logical explanation."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-But what explanation we will give to the rest of the group? And it's better not to tell anything to the university for now about the creature. I will sugest that tomorrow the team who goes to the city, avoids the temple. The creature wasn't hostile, if there was really a creature and it wasn't a some scheme to make you runn. Our two chemist will make all the analyses they can, but we will send all data we have to the university, including some photos of the symbol. Maybe someone has already arrived here and has mounted this circus to let us afraid, and explore the place.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right, sounds good to me," says Patrick. "I'll see what I can learn on the Net."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Well, don't work until late. We need to go to bed early becausae tomorow will be a long journey. And now it's time to eat something
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I'm not so sure that's a good idea," Vance says.

"If we just try to avoid the dangers, then we'll always be in danger. The best defense is a good offense. If there is a hostile creature, it could stalk us through the city and attack when we least expect it to. We would be safest encountering it in a temple that has already been explored, where we will be completely prepared, will know where it is, and could even have the element of surprise. At the very least, we need to learn more about the creature, because the worst dangers are the ones we don't understand.

If it was just a scheme, then that would be all the more reason to go back. If a modern crew set it up, it means they are protecting something they don't want us to find, which means it is probably something we would very much like to find. For all I know, the city builders designed some elaborate trick of the light, in which case the scary creature is actually an important find."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-That's an idea. But Mr Vance, we are not professional soldiers and that could be dangerous. Of course it would be excelent if you could catch the creature to be examined, but it isn't worth the risk of losing you.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, we do need to know what exactly we saw before we even think of going back into the temple," says Patrick. "It didn't leave the temple to pursue us, but I don't know whether it can't leave or it simply chose not to do so. Online is probably the best place to find information way out here. I can look around discreetly later and see what I can find. For now, let's eat."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I appreciate your need for safety, professor, but in that case perhaps we had better avoid the city altogether until we feel that we know enough about the creature to confront it. Perhaps we can focus on the mounds until our research pays off.

Its your decision in the end."

Return to “Chapter 2”