All

Moderator: kabukiman

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: All

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,A couple of the posts in Channel 54 have the days of the week incorrect, I've noticed. Two dates a week apart are given different days of the week. August 12, 2030 is a Monday, but August 13 and August 20 are Tuesdays.
"I'd like to see the ruins," says Patrick. "I have to admit, I am curious about them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: I used the first time a perpetual calendar, but never found it again. Thanks anyway.
-About the spirits? You see, the Inuits believe that land have spirits and they demand that a study is made before any work to see if they are not disturb. Seems that vice-director was a bit offensive abouth their believes. You may both come. Mr Vance, I'm not expecting pirates or anything, but we never know. And Mr Lee, you will send all the data that we will collect in the place to the university. Just to have the board happy.
The group will be made by Professor Derby and Ling and two students.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"If the other mercenaries are here, then it should be fine for me to join the scouts. You can work with them to set up an easily defensable base. "
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You're welcome. I probably wouldn't have noticed, but I had just seen a question in another game that takes place in 2011 about what day of the week the current date was. You can also get the day of the week for any date from 1900-2099 by using the built-in calendar if you have Windows Vista (I'm not sure if XP can do this). If you bring up the dialog box that lets you set the current date and time (by clicking the clock on the bottom right), you can then click on the date and zoom the display out from a single month to a year of months, then a decade of years, and then a century of decades. From there you can zoom back in on any given month. If you hit ESC when you're done, you can exit without actually changing the system date. That's how I figured out what day of the week it was supposed to be. Also, once you have one date, you can use it as a point of reference to calculate nearby dates.
"Yes, of course I'll send back our findings to the university," says Patrick. "By the time we return, the base should be set up, and then I can jack in somewhere with my deck."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Thanks!

The small group starts the walk. In the snow it's more dificult to march, and in many places the snow and ice is half melted. After an hour, you start to see shapes of buildings isolated, and very quickly a wall and a city. The city must had been completly covert by ice for a long time. And it was very big.
-What is this? Ling, do you want to risk to enter the city?

You can both make a History roll and a natural history roll.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Patrick looks at the ruins in awe. He doesn't know much about the Inuit or Vikings, but this city seems far too big to have been constructed by either civilization. He can't tell all that much from the surrounding wilderness either.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Vanceponders history and realizes something, but his limited knowledge of natural history does not help him.

"I'm just security, not an archaeologist like you guys are, but I know that entering the city could disturb the arrangement of things and destroy evidence of its inhabitants. Both from a security perspective and a research one, I think it would be better to have a good look from the outside, and maybe walk around it, before beginning a methodical analysis."

As Vance puts an ordinary arrow in his bow, he takes a thorough look around at the terrain.

OOC: I'm assuming that Vance wears his helmet when not in the archaeological camp, so he doesn't have to put it on now.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-We know that-says Professor Derby- we are not amateurs!
Vance notice that this place is not Viking. The walls are too big, and the area covered is of several miles. And its impossible to be Inuit. So this is a new civilization, never heard before.
Professor Ling notice something and says:
-There! In the wall, there are some carvings.
You all come close. The pictures are quite stylized. To believe the images, the inhabitants were tender, and would have large straight noses and long earlobes. And they are not Inuit.
Professor Derby says then:
-Let's return to the camp. We will return tomorrow as soon everything is settled in our camp.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Okay, let's head back," says Patrick. "This is huge. It doesn't look like this place was constructed by either the Inuit or the Vikings, but by some other unknown civilization. I'm sure the university will be very interested to hear about this."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"You might take some first pictures to send back," Vance says to Patrick. He heads back with the group.

OOC: What exactly do you mean by "tender"? Did they look soft?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Patrick nods and uses his phone to take pictures of the ruins and carvings from various angles.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: They looked graceful, with no images of strong warriors.
After some time you return to the camp.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Vance surveys the progress, trying to understand the layout of the camp. He knows this is a research expedition, but he was hired for security, so he is going to try to make the best arguments he can for a more secure layout.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Patrick jacks into the Net. Before he sends the pictures and data back to the university, he checks the cybersite's security to make sure there haven't been any breaches.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Everything seems normal for now (well, you hear thye students talking in their tents all very excited). You all sleep well (but several students awake with a tired look and receive a reprimend from the teatchers). Next day, you take a quick breakfast, and then much of the group will return to the city. Only the the chemists and two securities will stay. As soon as you arrived at the city, two groups are formed: one will explore the outskirts of the city to see some mounds, the other in the city itself. In what group do you want to be (you can stay together or divide).
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Given that this is a horror RPG and that we are exploring a mysterious city probably built by an unknown race...yep, time to split up.

"The city might be a bit odd, but now I wonder..." begins Vance, "if the people in the city were as soft as their art portrays them, perhaps some other people were actually helping them to survive, some people linked to the mounds. And if we get attacked by pirates or any other human agency, the attack will surely come from outside the city. So maybe I would be best staying outside. On the other hand, going into the city itself is very tempting, and as the most mysterious thing here it feels like the most dangerous. At least we can stay constantly in touch by phone and camera. Maybe I could go with the outside group, and be ready to rush in to your rescue if you wind up in a predicament inside?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right," says Patrick. "I am interested in seeing this city in closer detail. And if you get in trouble, maybe I can come rescue you," he adds with a chuckle.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I never know...well, let's go."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Ok, then- says professor Derby- Since digging is my love, I will go to a mound with some students and Su. Laurence, you will take the rest and try to see if you recognize the architecture. Since we are in the open and it will take some time to enter the place, I'l take Mr Vance; you will have Lee, so he may take all photos and send them to the Miskatonik.
Patrick go to "The nameless city". Vance, go to "The Mound" (I don't have much imagination for names!).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Patrick returns to the others. "Our security is intact, and I've just transmitted the data regarding our discoveries back to the university," he reports.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 2”