All

Moderator: kabukiman

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: All

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Well, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2174065/]that didn't work[/url]. I really don't want to pay my own money for a better codegate for the university, and I definitely don't want to owe anyone a favor. Maybe I can try again later on in the expedition. I'll go ahead with my plan from earlier. Of the university's $1200 buget, $700 will go for a Bloodhound, $285 for a beta Flatline, and $140 for a Filelocker. This totals $1125, leaving $75 in the budget. For myself, I'll buy a Replicator program for $320 and some extra warm clothes for $50. This leaves me with $45 of my own money.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Vance heads off to buy some lunch. He doesn't have a lot to do until the expedition leaves.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Ok, the meeting is over. Patrick can buy all those programmes online (using the the proper autorizations from the university) and you can both eat something. Anything else to do, before going to the expedition?
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Vance was going to buy that helmet. He was also thinking about getting some explosive arrows for his bow.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Patrick makes the purchases he had planned and installs the programs. If he has time, he'll look around on the Net discreetly to see if anyone else is interested in the expedition. He won't ask any questions about it, as he doesn't want to draw attention to it if there isn't any already, but he'll try to find out if anyone else has been looking into it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Vance: make a bargain roll (to get a better price).
Patrick: make a system knowlege roll.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Unfortunately, Patrick doesn't know where to look, other than The Place.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Ok, then to Greenland if you agree.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Off to Greenland, then. Vance spends large portions of the trip softly humming an old song about "the land that's never green".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, I'm ready too. [b]Patrick[/b] will be wasting his time trying in vain to make a better Codegate.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Each crossbow explosive bolt costs 50 dollars (yoy didn't find any cheaper), and they come in packages of 3, so it's 150$.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Alright, I'll buy one package.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

The plane takes off. You get some time to meet the others members of the expedition. There are 2 different opinions about what they will find: one that it is a lost Viking city (even if there weren’t any references to such a northern city); the other is that a Inuit place (but no remains of any city builded by the Inuit were ever found).

Professors
Thomas Derby (Age 51): Archaeologist and leader of the expedition, (main field: Mayan civilizations, but also studies north American sites since it’s easier to find funds). He thinks that the remains must be probably Viking.

Belinda Mirel (Age 27 and very pretty): From the gender equality section. Everybody dislikes, since to create her section, several other teachers loose their jobs. Doesn’t have a clear idea about the expedition, but will try to find proofs that the city was:
1 A mysogenist/machist society, and that was the reason it was abandoned
2 It was a pacifist/matriarchal society that explains why they survived in such harsh conditions.

Sun Ling (Age 32): Only member of the anthropology department (her other 2 colleagues lost their jobs to create the Gender and equality section; she hates Belinda (who she sees as a fraud). She knows several Inuit dialects, and defends that the city must be the remains of a Inuit civilization (or proto-Inuit. She is dating Laurence (everybody knows, but they are keeping the thing private).

Laurence Mathieu (Age 37): Medieval History Section. Advocates that the remains must be Viking, since the Inuit were too primitives.

Christian Roderick (Age 55, Afro-American): Chemistry department, he will make all the tests. Doesn’t care much of what civilization are the remains but is all happy to work.

Ten students are also going.
Claire, Johnny, Tanaka, Carlos, Ali, George, Anne, Tobias are doing the dig (they are students of archaeology and history; they all believe its Viking, except Tobias that thinks that it is a extraterrestrial civilization). For them it’s a golden opportunity to make a real important research
Mark is a student of history, but came with Belinda Morel. He is trying to write an essay about the subject.
Mary is a student of chemistry. She thinks that the expedition is a waste of money, but it’s probably her best chance to impress the department and get a job.

OOC: If you are interested to get more info about the subject:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Greenland
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Vance likes the Viking idea, but for the moment he listens with interest to the scholarly debate without making any motions to join it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,For plenty more about Inuits and Vikings in Greenland, you should check out DSIGFUSS's game, [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=74]Helluland[/url]
Patrick keeps an open mind about the origin of the ruins, as he hasn't even seen them yet and it wouldn't be scientific to make up one's mind before examining the evidence. He wouldn't be surprised if everyone turns out to be at least partially wrong, however.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

After several hours, you arrive at the Greenland. First you see only the Ocean, a huge blue. Then Grrenland. The landscape is actually of grey colour. The airport is in Kangerlussuaq, several miles north of Nuuk (the capital). You stayed in a Hotel in the first night to have some sleep (and more important, to finish to buy supplies). With some delays, you leave after 3 days. You use helicopters (it would take too much time to use trucks, since the place is several thousands of km with no roads). This voyage is even more disconfortable, but you are so tired that you all sleep. Finally, the helicopters land. You are 3 Km south of the ruins (the best place to helicopters land). The dominant colour is white, and there is a gentle breeze (the temperature is about 5ºC). You unpack all the cargo, and Professor Derby turns to you and say:
-Well, here we are! I want a small group to scout the ruins but the rest will be here mounting hour base. Any volunteers to go?
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

In the cold, Vance's speech is more succint.

"Do you want me to try to fortify the base? Otherwise I'll volunteer to guard the scouts."
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"By the way," he suddenly asks, "what is the deal with the natural spirits of Greenland? Channel 54 says they seem to have some political clout. Anyone done some research on them?"
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"By the way," he suddenly asks, "what is the deal with the natural spirits of Greenland? Channel 54 says they seem to have some political clout. Anyone done some research on them?"

Return to “Chapter 2”