IC-Chapter 2-Did You Ever Have a Dream?(Bill/Barney/Yeager)

July 1969 - a time of great turmoil. America is deeply embroiled in a hot war in Vietnam and a cold war with the Soviet Union, while on the homefront there is tremendous unrest as the culture undergoes radical changes. While astronauts Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins are on their way to a date with destiny aboard Apollo 11, life on Earth is becoming more and more confusing. Defenders of established traditions are fighting an increasingly losing battle against those who want change. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll are becoming more prevalent, and the threat of nuclear annihilation hangs over the planet like a shroud.

July 2009 - a time of great turmoil. America is deeply embroiled in wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, while on the homefront there is tremendous political division and the economy is in dire shape. A new president promises change, but can he possibly live up to lofty expectations? Crime has worsened with the economic situation, the scourge of drugs ruins countless lives, and the threat of another terrorist attack looms always in the background.

Strange events are happening that link these times together, and a handful of people find themselves caught up in them. Will they figure out what's going on before they lose their minds - or their heads?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Chapter 2-Did You Ever Have a Dream?(Bill/Barney/Yeager)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Van Pelt Library, University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2:20 PM - Friday, July 18, 1969

As Barney was in the final stages of his research, he noticed Bill Johns and John Yeager across the room as they were finishing up their own work. Bill noticed Barney as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: IC-Chapter 2-Did You Ever Have a Dream?(Bill/Barney/Yeag

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,fyi - incase it slipped your mind, the last stage of my research was finding out if Dr. Anderson's assistant had any history to speak of.
Barney waved from across the room to Bill. His toothy smile exhibited his ugly teeth quite nicely.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

Bill was surprised to see Barney in the library but did his best to hide it. He raised a hand in welcome, saying quietly to Yeager, "That's the guy I told you about..."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah," replied Yeager, "I recognize him. He's that Brit, Braithwaite. He was at headquarters last night, visiting the Anderson kid. Just the fellow we need to talk to." He waved to Barney as well and spoke a little louder, though still fairly quiet - it was a library, after all. "Mr. Braithwaite, fancy meeting you here. I thought you had to catch a flight back to England last night."
OOC,Yes, I remember. This meeting happens before you can start on your second research topic, and indeed before you've quite finished the first.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Barney smiled and shook his head, "And miss all the excitement? No way man." He approached closer so they could speak without being overheard. "I was just killing some time. Dr. Anderson has agreed to keep me as a stand-in, in case some of the other test subjects don't show. I am supposed to be there later tonight to find out one way or another." He looked at John and addd, "I wanted you to know."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill glanced at Yeager. "Do we know anyone else who's due to be there? We could stack the odds in our favour..."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Only what we spoke about earlier," said Yeager. He looked over at Barney. "How did you get involved in all this in the first place?"
Bill Johns,[b]Bill[/b] knew that his and [b]Mary[/b]'s younger selves would be in the experiment, as that's where they had met. He also knew that [b]Harry Sawyer[/b] would be there undercover. Come to think of it, [b]Barney[/b] seemed vaguely familiar too, so it was possible that he had been there.
Barney Brainstorm,[b]Barney[/b] knew that [b]Kathleen[/b] and [b]Maxine[/b] were also signed up for the experiment.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"It's been a pretty crazy past couple of days," Barney explained. "We were all sitting in a bar when Dr. Anderson's son was arrested. Curiousity got the better of some of us, myself included. I know two others who are attending. I can't speak for them personally, but I could probably arrange a meeting so you could talk to them - provided I can find them before the experiments begin."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yeager raised an eyebrow. "Yes, that would help," he said. "What are their names, and where do they live?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Kathleen and Maxine," Barney responded. "Best if I set up the meeting than you just go barging into their house..." he took a glance at Bill. "I don't want them to think I'm some sort of narc."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good point," said Yeager. "Good thing we're in plainclothes then. We'll still need their last names and addresses so we can check on their backgrounds."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Barney shrugged. If he knew their last name, he wasn't telling.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, try to find out when you talk to them," said Yeager.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"You don't want to think of this as being a narc," said Bill. "Anderson's could be putting people at risk - you're helping us to make sure that doesn't happen."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"I don't mind volunteering to help because I am curious, but when you ask me to draft my friends into your service, I have a little problem with it. The same thing could be said for any drug dealer," Barney retorted. "The people I interact with are very touchy about siding with the police - a lot of sore feelings there due to ... well, a difference of opinions among other things. I'm not convinced there is anything harmful about what Dr. Anderson is doing, and I haven't seen really anything concrete that supports that assumption." He shrugged and added, "Sure, his son was peddling the experimental drugs on the street, but that really doesn't make Dr. Anderson a bad man.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"You're right," said Bill, "The actions of his son don't make Dr. Anderson a bad man. We do know that he's mixed up with some shady characters though, which is why we're investigating him." He smiled wryly, "Contrary to what you might have been told, we don't just pick on people at random!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Right," said Yeager with a grin. "When we pick on someone, it's for a damn good reason!"
OOC,[b]Bill[/b], please don't forget that you haven't yet rolled for your skill increases.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Barney laughed... and shook his head. "I'm sure you went well out of your way to investigate my background before you broke into my home and recruited my help." The British man started turning about, saying as he was heading out, "When you decide to start treating us civilians like people rather than objects for your manipulation, let me know."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Broke into your..." said Yeager, confused. He glanced over at Bill. "What's he talking about?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"A bit of a misunderstanding," said Bill sheepishly, holding up his hands by way of apology. "I thought Barney was heading back to England, so I wasn't expecting anyone to be there - I didn't even realise it was his home, I thought it was an office."

Return to “Space Oddity”