The Groovy Psychedelic Chit-Chat Lounge

July 1969 - a time of great turmoil. America is deeply embroiled in a hot war in Vietnam and a cold war with the Soviet Union, while on the homefront there is tremendous unrest as the culture undergoes radical changes. While astronauts Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins are on their way to a date with destiny aboard Apollo 11, life on Earth is becoming more and more confusing. Defenders of established traditions are fighting an increasingly losing battle against those who want change. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll are becoming more prevalent, and the threat of nuclear annihilation hangs over the planet like a shroud.

July 2009 - a time of great turmoil. America is deeply embroiled in wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, while on the homefront there is tremendous political division and the economy is in dire shape. A new president promises change, but can he possibly live up to lofty expectations? Crime has worsened with the economic situation, the scourge of drugs ruins countless lives, and the threat of another terrorist attack looms always in the background.

Strange events are happening that link these times together, and a handful of people find themselves caught up in them. Will they figure out what's going on before they lose their minds - or their heads?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: The Groovy Psychedelic Chit-Chat Lounge

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm sorry, but the update is going to have to wait another day.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Midnightlight
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by Midnightlight »

Mr. Handy wrote:I'm sorry, but the update is going to have to wait another day.
It's ok. I'm pretty sure we can all wait. =)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks for understanding! I'm afraid it won't be tonight either, as I need sleep, but at least I'll have a chance to on the weekend and should be able to post in the next 12 or so hours.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Midnightlight
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Midnightlight »

Mr. Handy wrote:Thanks for understanding! I'm afraid it won't be tonight either, as I need sleep, but at least I'll have a chance to on the weekend and should be able to post in the next 12 or so hours.

Psshh. Don't worry so much. It's nice to know though.
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by TheAlchemist »

I've been internet-less for a while, I'm in a computer lab at university actually, working on a project, I'll be back later.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks for letting me know, but don't worry about it and take as long as you need. You're in a thread by yourself and ahead of the other characters anyway.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by masonstone »

I need to clear up a few points which I'm unclear on.
Is it ok for my character to have his own house or is he living in rented student accomodation?
Also is it possible for him to own a car and if so do you have any models from that era which might be suitable?
I'd like to have my character aware of the Black Panthers and their more well known members but not actually associate with them too much or would that need to change due to plot?

what I think is going to happen is that my character will return to his home, call the number that he has noted down and then if all seems normal he will go back out into the city to a bar for a drink. If all does not seem normal or something happens on the way home or to the bar then this will obviously change. If he does arrive at the bar then he'll probably get very drunk.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, as I said in the Character Creation and Discussion thread, you can have your own house and a car. At this point the 1970 models would probably only just be coming out, so you're unlikely to have one of them, but anything from 1969 or earlier is fine. What kind of car you drive will largely depend on your style, though I assume you want a car that makes you look rich. You couldn't afford a Rolls Royce or the like, but there are some classy cars that you could afford. If you want a British car, the Jaguar E-Type might be a good choice. The Porsche 912 is a nice one too. If you want a muscle car, you might be interested in the Pontiac GTO.

It's perfectly fine for you to know some of the local Black Panthers, and it would fit in with the plot.

I'll update your thread now with happens at your home, and you can decide what to do from there. You might want to eat dinner at home before you head out to the bar, but it's up to you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by masonstone »

thanks for that, I think I will go for the E-Type.

Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

About cars - I have no idea what sort of car Jerome might drive.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You'd know his personality better than I would. Whatever kind of car he'd drive, it would be customized so he could operate the brakes and accelerator without the use of his legs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by TheAlchemist »

Still internetless. Hopefully I can get on again sometime tonight. More importantly, hopefully my internet will start working again. In a university computer lab right now.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I hope you can get it fixed soon too, but don't worry about it. Your thread can proceed at its own pace independently of anyone else.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by TheAlchemist »

Hopefully my posting will now return to its regular levels, providing the internet service holds out.
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by masonstone »

I'm just posting to give you the reason why I have not been able to post for ages and probably will not be able to post for several more days, if not weeks.

Recently I was involved in a car crash while walking home from school and I have been in hospital for the past three weeks. I'm still in plaster and using crutches but other than that I'm ok. Luckily the occupants of the cars escaped with minor injuries and no other pedestrians were injured.

Midnightlight
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Midnightlight »

masonstone wrote:I'm just posting to give you the reason why I have not been able to post for ages and probably will not be able to post for several more days, if not weeks.

Recently I was involved in a car crash while walking home from school and I have been in hospital for the past three weeks. I'm still in plaster and using crutches but other than that I'm ok. Luckily the occupants of the cars escaped with minor injuries and no other pedestrians were injured.
Oh man, that's horrible. I'm glad you're alive! And happy that no one else is hurt that bad either! Get better soon!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, masonstone! Thank God it wasn't worse, and I'm glad you're on the mend. Don't worry if you can't post. I can NPC Markus for as long as you need. I'll be absent anyway for a couple weeks in early November, as I'm going on a vacation to London, and I'll be posting less frequently in late November, as I'm going to be moving then.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Not sure if this is the place to discuss this but...

As if my life was not crazy enough and bound to get more crazy in the next month or so...I am thinking of starting a one shot theatre game on this board.

This is the plot idea:

Late October 2009: With the Chicago White Sox and the St. Louis Cardinals prepared to duel in the World Series (yes this is called alternate history folks), the city of Peoria, IL has become a gathering place for fans and reporters wanting cheap hotels within traveling distance of both cities. Most of the city supports this idea and the City Council, Mayor, and City Manager love the ink they are getting in the national press....except for one small itty bitty problem. Meet Dr. Henry Stevenson who is a fan of the occult and a famous writer, famous enough to have had some of his books on the New York Times Best Selling list in the recent past. Most of the time the city goverment is proud of this man but in recent months Dr. Stevenson has began to show signs of madness. Since his wife recently passed he has began to write and speak about the many ghosts and spirits that inhabit Peoria. The city goverment has ignored him but now with the national press it appeares that Dr. Stevenson has a huge microphone. So to shut him up, they have agreed to give him full reign of the city on one night from 7PM to 7AM to prove that the city is indeed haunted. Dr. Stevenson has put out a call for others to join him on this quest. Do you have what it takes to spend the night in some of the cities most whispered areas, places that adults have for generations told you to ignore and that sometimes late at night lights are seen and cries in the dark are heard? Join Dr. Stevenson for this adventure if you are brave enough and sign up on the game idea thread.

I will let players make their own characters if they wish or at least give me ideas and backgrounds for characters if they wish me to roll them up.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm going to be going on vacation for two weeks starting tomorrow, though I may still be able to post some earlier on Tuesday before I leave. After that, I doubt I'll be able to post again until the 17th. Everyone whose games I'm in is also playing in one or both of my games, so you'll know that I'll be absent from your own games as well during that time. Please make sure you've posted in your threads by the time I get back if you haven't already so that I can update soon afterwards.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm still getting caught up on many things and I'm very busy, so I haven't been able to update this game yet. I'll be away at a local convention this weekend, but I hope I'll be able to update on Sunday night. In the meantime, if you haven't posted so far, please do so.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Space Oddity”