The Path to Carcosa

Investigators set out to save Arkham by defeating an Ancient One who is attempting to break into this world through gates in other dimensions.

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: The Path to Carcosa

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Mythos Phase

4 vs. 2 chaos token tentacles ; FAIL take 2 horror

Withers grabs hold of a rusty radiator because the wall opposite seems to be closing in, and then the radiator itself pushes him forwards, inch by inch, he's going to be squashed for sure! He cries out, cradling his head as he collapses; one second, two pass by, and he doesn't feel the expected cracking of his bones. He peers confusedly, from where he's sprawled upon the dirty floor tiles, down the hall but all seems as it should? He picks himself up and self-consciously brushes his knees.

Harrigan Image
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Mythos Phase

Suddenly, one of the patients in the yard rushes at Mark, screaming "Get out of my head!" He wraps his hands around Mark's neck and starts to throttle him, until Mark knocks him back with a well-placed punch.
OOC,Take 1 damage. Draw 1 card. Deal 1 damage to Maniac. We now have four clues between us (two each). If you can get two more in the Mess Hall with the Fingerprint Kit, we'll have six, and we can spend them as a group and advance the act. I think you should go first, especially since I probably won't be able to post until tomorrow evening. I can handle the Maniac. It's a good thing he came after me and not you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Investigator Phase

Action 1: Move to Image

Action 2: Investigate using Fingerprint Kit, spending 1 supply (3/3) 5 +1 vs. 2 chaos token -2 ; success! Gain 2 clues

Action 3: Investigate 5 vs. 2 chaos token skull (-1) ; success! Gain 1 clue and Victory 1

Withers enters the Mess Hall and begins investigating; he uses up his remaining fingerprint powder, but successfully discovers somethings of interest beneath a plate of half-eaten bolognaise. He decides to do extra searching and this time discovers a curious pearl-backed cockroach.

So that's 7 clues now!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Nicely done! 8-) Let's advance the act now before I take my turn, so that we know what we have to do. How about you spend 5 clues and I spend 1? It's not so easy for me to gain clues as it is for you, and we may need to discard them for various purposes. [img]https://arkhamdb.com/bundles/cards/03163b.jpg[/img] I suggest you take the Intellect (4) test. If that doesn't work, I'll try to intimidate her. I'd rather not take the keys by force if we can help it. [b]Dr. Mintz[/b] is in the Carolyn Fern novella. He's not a nice man!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Okay

Intimidate away... Ah, to advance the act does't require an action, so 5 vs. 4 chaos token -1 ; success!

Withers affects a limp. "War wound playing up again" he gasps to the nurse "Philippines '99. I don't suppose Dr. Mintz has medical training, does he?"

"Oh! let me take a look" says the battle-axe.

"Dr. Mintz?" he pursues.

The nurse reluctantly hands over the key to the basement. "Maybe it'd be best to see the Doctor."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Investigator Phase

The madman rushes at Mark again, shrugging off the injury. He has to shoot him in the chest, but still the man does not fall. Finally, he clubs the guy over the head with his pistol and drops him. Then he beats a hasty retreat.
OOC,Well done! You'll have to discard two cards for investigating successfully twice in the Mess Hall if you haven't already done it. Action 1: Activate .45 Automatic, spending 1 ammo. Fight Maniac (Combat 5 + 1[.45 Automatic] = 6 vs. 3): [spoiler]1: +1 2: +1 3: 0 4: 0 5: 0 6: -1 7: -1 8: -1 9: -2 10: -2 11: -2 12: skull 13: skull 14: cultist 15: cultist 16: tentacles 17: elder sign[/spoiler] [dice]0[/dice] -2, success! Maniac takes 2 damage. Action 2: Fight Maniac (Combat 5 vs. 3): [dice]1[/dice] -2, success! Maniac takes 1 damage and is defeated. Action 3: Move to Asylum Halls: Western Patient Wing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

No I didn’t discard, so I‘ll do that now
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Upkeep Phase

Draw card (Logical Reasoning) and gain 1 resource (4)

New revealed card Image

Nurse Adkins hands a weighty tome to Withers. "Give this to Dr. Mintz when you see him" and, after a perceptible pause, she adds "please."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Upkeep Phase

Mark prepares to head for the basement now that they have the keys.
OOC,Draw 1 card and gain 1 resource.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 4 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom (1/7)

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Discard Fingerprint Kit

The wood case containing his Fingerprint Kit becomes spongy, like it's rotten with decay, he drops it in disgust and then scuffs it under a table.

Harrigan Image Image
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 4 Mythos Phase

A pair of burly orderlies burst out of the yard in pursuit of Mark and wrap their arms around him. "That's far enough, mister!" says one of them. "You can't go around assaulting your fellow patients!"

"But he attacked me!" insists Mark. "And I'm not a patient, I'm a visitor!"

"Nice try," says the other orderly. "We've had more than one patient try to escape that way."

Mark struggles, but they soon have him wrapped up in a straitjacket, after which they return to the yard. At least they hadn't found his gun, as he had put it away,
OOC,Ouch! At least I don't lose the gun permanently, but I wasted the resources I spent putting it into play. If I play it again after I get out of this thing, I'll have my ammo back, but I'd rather play the Shotgun I drew later. Unfortunately, I'm a resource short. I also have nine cards in my hand (soon to be ten), which means I'll lose something if I don't unload two cards this turn. I think you should go first, as I won't be doing much this turn (and possibly not next turn either), and you'll be able to post before I can tomorrow night.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

MAP

Image -> AH (W) -> INFIRMARY [ Victory 1 ] -> BASEMENT HALL

Image -> ASYLUM HALLS (EAST) -> ?

Image [ Harrigan ] -> AH (E) -> MESS HALL -> YARD

Image [ Withers Victory 1 ] -> ASYLUM HALLS (WEST) -> KITCHEN

Image [ 1 clue ] -> ASYLUM HALLS (WEST) -> ?

Yeah, maybe those card draws weren't too bad after all, just wasted our time. Right, Withers will head for the basement.

Turn 4 Investigator Phase

Action 1: Move to Asylum Halls (West)

Withers meets up with Harrigan, but before he greets him with a halloo! he notes a strange constriction about his torso and utters "Huh?" it's a straitjacket. He busies himself unbuckling its straps.

"What the hell happened to you?

"I've got the keys to the basement. I'm going there now, catch up with me when you can."

Action 2: Move to Image

Patient Confinement 1 2 3 4

Action 3: Investigate Basement Hall. 5 vs. 4 chaos token skull (-1) ; success! Gain 1 clue

Fast play Image Gain 1 clue and Victory 1

Looked at the map just now and realised that Withers should’ve moved to Asylum Halls (east), so I’ll put off his 3rd action above.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 4 Investigator Phase

Mark hobbles after Norman, but the straitjacket is slowing him down.
OOC,You actually probably could have removed my straitjacket, but it would have taken you two actions. Better that you get into the basement and start looking for [b]Daniel[/b]. I want to keep from losing cards, and I want to get my Shotgun into play, so I'll wait until next to turn to do that when I'll have 5 resources and hope that I don't get ambushed again. Actions 1 and 2: Discard Whispers in your Head (Doubt) Action 3: Move to Asylum Halls: Eastern Patient Wing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 4 Upkeep Phase

Draw card (Medical Texts) and gain 1 resource (5)

Revealed card Image

Withers wrinkles his nose, the noisome odour of old urine drifts from a collection of kidney dishes, but amongst them he notices a glass bottle containing something a little unusual...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 4 Upkeep Phase

Mark struggles with the straitjacket.
OOC,Draw 1 card and gain 1 resource. Discard .32 Colt.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 5 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom (2/7)

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Image Asylum Halls (east)

A cackle echoes in the hall. Withers, in the basement, cranes his neck round and peers into the dark behind him, afraid that there's only one way back and dreading what might be loose above.

Harrigan Image
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Ouch! :shock: I can't afford to go crazy. It'll cost me 2 horror to kill him, more if I get tentacles. I don't suppose you can do anything about him? Otherwise, I'll try to evade him and run downstairs. At least he's not a Hunter. Either way, I think you should go first.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

‘Cos of a Treachery card in my hand Withers can’t fight Lunatics, he can heal 2 horror though, so Harrigan first? Also those cells will contain monsters, I reckon, and that will need some firepower, so Withers should wait for Harrigan to join him.

Return to “Arkham Horror”