Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: The Dunwich Legacy

Post by Tabs »

Mythos Phase 9

Place 1 doom on the agenda 2/2.

The Experiment moves to Miskatonic Quad.

Sefina draws Image Sefina has fewest cards.

Wendy draws Image
OOC:   I hate those birds!  
Map MP8

Orne Library [1 clue] -> Miskatonic Quad -> Humanities Building

Miskatonic Quad [The Experiment, Whippoorwill, Whippoorwill]-> Orne Library -> Science Building -> Humanities Building -> Student Union -> Administration Building

Science Building -> Alchemy Labs (SB only, locked)] -> Miskatonic Quad

Humanities Building [2 clues, Thrall] -> Miskatonic Quad -> Orne Library

Student Union [Wendy, "Jazz," Sefina, Yithian Observer, Whippoorwill] -> Dormitories (SU only, locked)] -> Miskatonic Quad

Administration Building [ Yithian Observer(2 damage)] -> Faculty Offices (AB only, unlocked)] -> Miskatonic Quad

To advance act "complete an objective." Doom 0/2

OOC:   Hmmm. Wendy and "Jazz" to move to the Dormitories, and...  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, that's the best move. Once you enter the Dormitories, you'll be able to see what the Objective is and will have two actions to try to achieve it. Then I can use Stealth to try to evade the Yithian and follow you in, which will leave me two actions if I'm successful. Next turn a Whippoorwill will move in there, so hopefully we'll be able to win quickly. The turn after that, two more will follow, which will make things almost impossible unless one of us steps out into the Student Union to keep them busy, but the Experiment should arrive there at around that time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Investigator Phase 8

Action 1: Move to the Dormitories.

ImageImage 6 clues

Action 2: Investigate.

Intellect 3 +1[Sneak Attack] vs. 1, chaos token [dice]0[/dice] skull (-1); success, gain 1 clue.

Action 3: Investigate.

Intellect 3 +2[Wendy's Amulet] vs. 1, chaos token [dice]1[/dice] cultist (-1); success, gain 1 clue.

Wendy peeped over a mattress she was searching underneath and said: "Mr. "Jazz," you've sure done a grand job with the dorms--cleaning and tidying, I mean."

"Why thank you, miss," he said. Then he asked: "Just what is it exactly that we are searching for?"

"Exactly?" Well, that would make things too easy..." She held aloft a crumpled tissue which she had discovered, and she looked questioningly at "Jazz."

"I wouldn't touch that if I were you," he said.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 8 Investigator Phase

Sefina finds herself facing another giant cone-shaped being, but she manages to slip away without it noticing and follows Wendy into the dormitories. "We're looking for students," says Sefina, "so we can tell them to get out of here before they all get killed!" She goes around knocking on various doors. "Everyone, get out of here as fast as you can. There's a...fire!" That sounded more believable than a monster.
OOC,Nicely done! Action 1: Activate and exhaust Stealth. Evade check (Agility 4 -1[Whippoorwill] = 3 vs. 3[Yithian Observer] -2[Stealth] = 1): [dice]0[/dice] -2. Success! [b]Sefina[/b] is no longer engaged by Yithian Observer. Action 2: Move to Dormitories Action 3: Investigate (Intellect 2 vs. 1[Dormitories]): [dice]1[/dice] Tentacles. Automatic failure. Action 4: Investigate (Intellect 2 vs. 1[Dormitories]): [dice]2[/dice] +1. Success! 1 clue gained.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Enemy Phase 8

Whippoorwill moves to the Dormitories. Whippoorwills move to the Student Union.

Upkeep Phase 8

Ready Stealth.

Sefina draws Image and gains 1 resource.

Wendy draws Image and gains 1 resource.

Mythos Phase 9

Place 1 doom on the agenda (1/2).

Sefina draws Image

Wendy draws Image

Will 4 -1[Whippoorwill] vs. 2, chaos token [dice]0[/dice] cultist (-1); success.
OOC:   We need 3 more clues. Kill the Whippoorwill first?--Wendy could trigger Scrapper, spend resources, and guarantee a kill...  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, that's a good idea. That will leave us six actions to find three clues, which we should be able to do. You've got a higher Intellect score, but I also have cards I can commit for a boost. Between us, we should be able to succeed. Even if we don't, there are other cards that can let us finish it next turn even with two Whippoorwills in the location. (Flashlight, Drawn to the Flame).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Investigator Phase 9

Action 1: Fight Whippoorwill.

Strength 1 -1[Whipppoorwill] +6[trigger Scrapper (spend 6 resources)] vs. 2, chaos token [dice]0[/dice] -2; success! Whippoorwill killed.

Action 2: Investigate Dormitories.

Intellect 3 vs. 1, chaos token [dice]1[/dice] cultist (-1); success! 1 clue gained.

Action 3: Investigate Dormitories.

Intellect 3 vs. 1, chaos token [dice]2[/dice] -3; success! 1 clue gained.

Wendy threw a pillow up into the rafters of the dorm aimed at the horrendously annoying whippoorwill. The birds seemed to infest the university and dogged their every move. The pillow struck, and the bird fell to the floor. Wendy rushed to the spot, only to be confronted by a broken winged creature, circling round and round--it was quite pathetic really. The little girl began to cry.

"Jazz" came over to her, his mop at the ready to deal with any nastiness.

"Bastard thing," he said succinctly, and he stepped upon the whippoorwill.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That last chaos bag draw of -3 is a failure, as you need -2 or higher. However, you can use your special ability to discard an Emergency Cache and redraw.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Action 3: Wendy's ability: Discard a card to redraw. Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] -4; failure again. :(
OOC:   So that's 4 clues total.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 9 Investigator Phase

Sefina goes from room to room. It takes a long time, but eventually she finds everyone and leads them out in an organized fashion. The male students are only too eager to follow her.
OOC,Action 1: Investigate (Intellect 2 vs. 1[Dormitories]): [dice]0[/dice] +1. Success! 1 clue gained. Action 2: Investigate (Intellect 2 + 2[Unexpected Courage] = 4 vs. 1[Dormitories]): [dice]1[/dice] Tentacles. Automatic failure. Action 3: Investigate (Intellect 2 + 1[Scrying] = 3 vs. 1[Dormitories]): [dice]2[/dice] -3. Failure. Action 4: Investigate (Intellect 2 + 1[Dr. Francis Morgan] = 3 vs. 1[Dormitories]): [dice]3[/dice] -1. Success! 1 clue and 1 Victory point gained. 6 clues spent as a group. Resolution R2.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Well done!  
Resolution 2: You pull each of the dormitory’s fire alarms and usher the students out of the building’s north exit, hoping to make your way off campus. Many of the students are confused and exhausted, but you believe any attempt to explain the situation will do more harm than good. Minutes later, a terrible screech echoes across the campus, piercing and shrill. You tell the students to wait and head back to the dormitories to investigate. Oddly, you find no trace of the strange creature—a prospect that worries you more than it relieves you. You hurry to the faculty offices to find Professor Rice, but there is no sign of him anywhere.

Æ In your Campaign Log, record that Professor Warren Rice was kidnapped.
Æ In your Campaign Log, record that the students were rescued.
Æ Each investigator earns experience equal to the Victory X value of each card in the victory display.
OOC:   That's 1 measly victory point!  
Æ If this is the first scenario of the campaign, proceed to Scenario I–B: The House Always Wins. Otherwise, proceed to Interlude I: Armitage’s Fate.

Interlude I: Armitage’s Fate
Check Campaign Log. If the investigators were unconscious for several hours: Read Armitage’s Fate 1.
Otherwise, skip to Armitage’s Fate 2.

Armitage’s Fate 2: When you arrive at Dr. Armitage’s home in Southside, you find him sitting at his desk, pale-faced and sweating with worry. He is grateful to you for searching for his colleagues, but he doesn’t look relieved. With a long pause, he straightens his glasses and explains:
“I’m afraid I must apologize. There’s something I didn’t mention to you earlier.” Dr. Armitage then spins a tale you would scarcely believe had it not been for your harrowing experiences earlier that night...

Æ In your Campaign Log, record that the investigators rescued Dr. Henry Armitage. Any one investigator may choose to add Dr. Henry Armitage to his or her deck. This card does not count toward that investigator’s deck size.

Æ The story continues in Scenario II: The Miskatonic Museum.
OOC:   Who will add Armitage to their deck? Wendy would find the extra resources useful...  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Thanks! Yes, you should take him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Here's our upgraded deck with 1 XP available to spend.

Sefina: https://arkhamdb.com/deck/view/126716

Wendy: https://arkhamdb.com/deck/view/126717

I've spent it already.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That is a good one! Ill take Lockpicks as well, swapping out Fearless.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Sefina's upgraded deck: https://arkhamdb.com/deck/view/126716

I'd like to take a short break and start The Miskatonic Museum on the weekend.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Sounds good to me.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

THE MISKATONIC MUSEUM

Sefina's opening hand Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
OOC:   5 Event cards this time!  
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Wendy's opening hand Image Image Image Image Image
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Sweet! I put Ward of Protection, Emergency Cache, Blinding Light, Elusive, and Drawn to the Flame under my card and kept the other eight in my hand.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

The Miskatonic Museum

Several months ago, Armitage and his colleagues stopped a rampaging horror from tearing through Dunwich, a backwater town several hours north and west of Arkham. At first you imagine this beast as a rabid bear, or worse, but the professor’s description of the creature paints a different picture.

It all began when a man named Wilbur Whateley entered the Orne Library looking for Olaus Wormius’s Latin translation of a book called the Necronomicon. Wilbur already possessed a beaten-up English translation by Dr. John Dee, but it was insufficient for his purposes. Armitage turned the man away, fearing what use the strange man had for the book. Whateley returned in secret, hoping to steal the book, but was attacked by a hound guarding the university. Armitage, Rice, and Morgan later discovered Whateley’s body. A description of the foul corpse—semi-anthropomorphic and covered in fur, with a leathery hide and greenish-grey tentacles—causes you to question whether or not Whateley was truly human.

Check Campaign Log. If Dr. Henry Armitage was kidnapped: Proceed to Part 1.If the investigators rescued Dr. Henry Ermitage: Skip to Part 2.

Part 2: “My colleagues and I were quick to put the ordeal behind us,” Armitage says with a sigh. “But it seems that things haven’t fully resolved themselves. I’ll tell you the rest later, but for now, it is imperative that we get our hands on that copy of the Necronomicon. If my instincts are correct, the assailants you’ve encountered will be searching for it. After all that transpired, I didn’t feel safe keeping it at the library, so I brought it to my good friend, Harold Walsted. He is the current curator of the Miskatonic Museum. I thought it would be safe in the museum’s Restricted Hall, but now I’m not so sure. You must retrieve it at all costs! I fear terribly what they could do with the rites contained in its pages...”

Return to “The Dunwich Legacy”