Midnight Masks

Moderator: Tabs

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Midnight Masks

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Sounds like a good plan. Skulls will be -0 right now, so one of them would succeed, and you wouldn't even need to use Sure Gamble. This will only fail on tentacles, which is the best for which we can hope. If it works, we'll be a third of the way done already, as long as the Acolyte counts as a "unique Cultist." The .41 Derringer is not displayed in your Discards button.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Turn 2 Investigation Phase

Action 1: gain 1 resource.

Action 2: move to St. Mary's Hospital.

Action 3: evade Ruth Turner. Agility 4 +1[Pickpocketing] vs. 5 Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] [-2] play Sure Gamble and spend 2 resources, token changes to +2. Success.
OOC:   I'm sure that the Acolyte counts toward our search for 6 unique cultists.  
St. Mary's Hospital is a large building; Skids's hope of finding the mortician in the warren of rooms took a nasty dent. He wandered inside, staring up at the list of departments: Paediatric, Chiropractic, Surgery, Basement... "ah," he thought, "she must be down there in the basement, where else?"

He "accidentally" bumped into a fat man in white coat, removing the name tag at the same time.

"Can I access the Mortuary?" said Skids to a sullen-looking youth. "I'm Dr. Roxas," and he fingered the tag pinned to the shirt. The youth pressed a switch, there was a buzzing sound and a click, which came from the door he guarded.

Skids entered a white-tiled laboratory, or dissecting room. The mortician looked up from a cadaver, the apron she wore was smeared in red stuff, her expression changed to one of impatient question.

"Ruth Turner?" said Skids.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 2 Upkeep Phase

Skids: Image and gain 1 resource.

Daisy: Image and gain 1 resource.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Your card is great, and it will be very useful later for blasting a cultist that's too tough to fight directly, I'm sure. Mine, not so much.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [2/6].

Skids: Image

Revelation: Agility 4 vs. 4

[dice]0[/dice] [-2] Take 1 damage and 1 horror and move to Rivertown.

A shroud of darkness enveloped Skids. Did he lose consciousness? Whatever, next he heard a rhythmic beat, flap, flap, flap... and then a looseness in his limbs but a clamp-like sensation on his shoulders. Was he falling?... he opened his eyes. To his horror he found himself dangling above Arkham, being borne through the evening sky. Again, he lost consciousness. He came round, aware of the river, bubbling and rippling, near to where he lay.

Daisy: Image
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Mythos Phase

Daisy walks down the rainy street, sensing a presence behind her. Glancing back, she sees a shadowy figure. A searing pain suddenly shoots through her head, which she clutches in agony as her vision swims and she gets dizzy.
OOC,2 damage taken. On my turn, I plan to use my free action on the Necornomicon, activate Ma's Boarding House to draw [b]Dr. Chirstopher Milan[/b], move to St. Mary's, and get healed. I hate to waste a point of healing, as I'm only down by 2, but I can't go around this low on health either. I think you should go first this time, just in case something happens on your turn that requires my attention. None of my planned actions have any random outcomes, but yours might.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Investigation Phase

OOC:   I've got Leo in my hand, but Skids only has 3 resources, to increase these I shall stick around Rivertown for this turn.  
Action 1: play Burglary.

Action 2: exhaust Burglary: Investigate Rivertown. Intellect 3 vs. 1 Mythos token [dice]0[/dice] [-1] gain 3 resources.

Action 3: play Leo de Luca.

Action 4: gain 1 resource.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Inveetigation Phase

Daisy leafs through one of her books of arcane knowledge, shuddering as the text warps her mind. She then goes inside Ma's Boarding House, where Dr. Milan Chirstopher has just finished dinner. "Miss Walker," he says, "I'm glad to see that you're all right. I called the fire department when I saw that that house was burning. Are you all right?"

"To be honest, I'm not feeling so well," says Daisy. "Can you please come with me to the hospital?"

"Of course." Dr. Milan offers her his arm and helps her to St. Mary's, where she receives expert treatment.
OOC,Free Action: Activate Necronomicon to move 1 horror from it to myself Action 1: Activate Southside to draw [b]Dr. Milan Christopher[/b] Action 2: Move to St. Mary's Hospital Action 3: Active St. Mary's Hospital to heal 3 damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Upkeep Phase

OOC:   How fab are these cards!  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Oh, nice! Where was that Ward of Protection last turn?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 4 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [3/6].

OOC:   Nuts! I wanted to use Burglary next turn.  

Image 1 doom.
OOC:   Where to place Acolyte? Rivertown is connected everywhere except St. Mary's, Northside and Downtown; if Skids is to kill it he needs a weapon, what he has in hand is too valuable... maybe use Daisy's Old Book?  
Rivertown [Obscuring Fog] SKIDS <-> Southside, Miskatonic U., Graveyard, Easttown.

Downtown <-> Northside, Easttown.

St. Mary's [2 clues] DAISY <-> Miskatonic U., Southside [Locked Door].

Northside <-> Miskatonic U., Downtown.
OOC:   OR leave Acolyte for now, Daisy to gather clues, Skids to unlock Easttown?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Since the Acolyte has to spawn on an empty location, we probably can't spawn it where either of us are. Can we spawn it in Southside? We're done there (unless you ever want to go back for [b]Lita[/b]), so as long as it counts as empty even with a Locked Door, that sounds ideal. I wouldn't want to waste my Ward of Protection or Disc of Itzamna of Blinding Light on a mere Acolyte. You don't have to kill it this turn, as the agenda won't advance next turn unless another one spawns, but if you can it might help.I wouldn't waste any of the cards in your hand to do it, though. We should spawn the Acolyte from the deck rather than the discard pile if we have the option. This turn I plan to use the Necronomicon with my free action and then use it again with my first action to get rid of it before I make any chaos bag draws. Then I can start hunting for clues. You should probably go first again in case I need to do something in response to anything unexpected that happens on your turn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Acolyte to Southside.

Turn 4 Investigation Phase

Action 1: move to Easttown.

ImageImage 2 Clues.

Action 2: Investigate--Intellect 3 vs. 2, Mythos token [dice]0[/dice] [Cultist -2. Place 1 doom on the nearest Cultist.] Fail and Acolyte in Southside now has 2 doom--oops!

Action 3: Investigate--Intellect 3 vs. 2, Mythos token [dice]1[/dice] [-1] Success, gain 1 Clue.

Action 4: Investigate--Intellect 3 vs. 2, Mythos token [dice]2[/dice] [-1] Success, gain 1 Clue.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Nuts! It would be hard for me to kill that Acolyte this turn. I can't equip the Knife until I get rid of the Necronomicon, and then I won't have enough actions left to fight. I could try using Blinding Light, but there's a very good chance I would fail. Do you think I should just stick with my original plan and try to grab the clues?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   I think stick to your plan; get rid of Necronomicon and gather those Clues.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 4 Inveetigation Phase

Daisy finishes leafing through the horrid book and throws it away in disgust. Then she searches St. Mary's Hospital for information that will help her locate other members of the cult. She finds some helpful leads in Ruth Turner's locker and abandoned purse.
OOC,Free Action: Activate Necronomicon to move 1 horror from it to myself Action 1: Activate Necronomicon to move 1 horror from it to myself. Necronomicon discarded. Action 2: Investigate: Intellect 5 vs. Shroud 2: [dice]0[/dice] Success! 1 clue gained. Action 3: Investigate: Intellect 5 vs. Shroud 2: [dice]1[/dice] Success! 1 clue gained.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 4 Upkeep Phase

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rivertown [Obscuring Fog] <-> Southside, Miskatonic U., Graveyard, Easttown.

Downtown <-> Northside, Easttown SKIDS.

St. Mary's DAISY <-> Miskatonic U., Southside [Locked Door, Acolyte with 2 doom].

Northside <-> Miskatonic U., Downtown.

Turn 5 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [4/6] +2[Acolyte].

Advance the agenda...

OOC:   Engaged with Skids. He could Evade and use Sneak Attack, Move, and then throw 2 sticks of dynamite. :)  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That sounds good to me, though it will take a few turns to amass enough resources to do all that. Backstab plus Unexpected Courage could replace the second Dynamite Blast for a finishing move to save resources, as long as you're not unlucky. I guess you should go first. After you use your Sneak Attack and flee, you can use Burglary to get more resources. On my turn, I can spend our clues to reveal the next cultist as long as you manage to evade successfully and you think it's a good idea. I' can meet up with you in Rivertown to use the book and get you another card out of your top three. I'll also want to play something of my own to avoid losing cards.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Resources--I forgot about those... Oh, here's our encounter.  

He takes 2 damage.

OOC:   Oh dear!  

Return to “The Night of the Zealot & Carnival of Horrors”