Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: The Gathering

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Upkeep Phase

Skids gains 1 resource and Image

Daisy gains 1 resource and Image

"I got one too," gloated Skids, performing tricks with the blade which he had perfected in sing sing; he looked shyly at Daisy, "I'd much too much time for this kinda thing."

The Ghoul Priest engages Skids.
OOC:   I'll post the other cards tomorrow.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Nice! Playing the Switchblade is a fast action too, so not only can you do it without spending an action, but it also doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity. I like mine too. I should probably go first next turn. That way I can move to the Parlor and parley with [b]Lita[/b] so that you get the bonus damage on your turn. I'll also be out of range of any dynamite you decide to throw.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   FAQ: https://arkhamdb.com/find?q=lita&sort=n ... &decks=all

What to do, what to do for Skids? How about he Evade, then Move to the Parlor, throw Dynamite and gain a resource?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Sounds good, but don't we need to draw encounter cards for the Mythos Phase first? We may both need to evade.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 4 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [1/7].

Skids Image

Daisy Image
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The agenda should have two doom now (it had one last turn). It's a good thing I didn't stay in the Cellar looking for those last Clues! We're in pretty good shape now. When you evade on your turn, I'll commit Manual Dexterity towards that test. If your first attempt fails, I'll commit Research Librarian for the second. Will test (3 + 2[Daisy's Tote Bag] = 5 vs. difficulty 4): [dice]0[/dice] Success!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Place 1 doom on the agenda [2/7]
OOC:   Thanks.  
Turn 5 Investigation Phase

Action 1: Evade. Agility 4 +2[Daisy's Manual Dexterity] Mythos [dice]0[/dice] [skull -1] vs. 4

Success! and Daisy draws Image

Action 2: Move
OOC:   ...oh, shit! Daisy needs move first or she'll get caught in the dynamite explosion, but if so she can't help out with Skids's skill test. :(  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 5 Investigation Phase
Daisy flees in terror into the parlor when she sees the hideous monstrosity come after them, where she runs into a redheaded woman carrying a lit torch. "You fools!" the stranger cried. "The evil was contained, and you've just set it loose!"

"I'm sorry," says Daisy, "but we were trapped in there with it, and that barrier was blocking our only way out! Please, if we work together, we can defeat it."

The woman's tone lightened. "I'm the one who's sorry. I hadn't realized there was anyone in there when I placed the barrier. My name's Lita Chantler."

"I'm Daisy Walker, and that's Skids O'Toole." She glances worriedly back into the hall.

"What should I do?" asks Dr. Milan.

"Run and get help!"

The doctor took off through the open front door.
OOC,I'd known I'd have to go first anyway because of the Dynamite. Aside from that, the Ghoul Priest would automatically engage me if you left the room while I was still there. I should have just taken my turn last night, but I wasn't thinking. I'd forgotten you had to be in the same room to commit a card to another investigator. In that case, your best bet is to just Move to the Parlor and take the hit, then throw the Dynamite for 3 damage and grab two resources on your turn. It's a Hunter, so it'll follow us there, and then we'll have seven actions to deal with it and hopefully kill it next turn. You'll be able to Backstab it for 4 damage (maybe 5 if you can use it in conjunction with the Switchblade), and my Manual Dexterity will help you with that attack. You can also commit the Switchblade for the Agility if you can't use its ability with Backstab. Then we should be able to finish it. I'll also be able to heal 1 damage you've taken for free with my Medical Texts on my turn. Or, since my next draw is the Old Book of Lore, I can equip that next turn and use it for free to get a card of my choice out of the next three into my hand. Action 1: Move to Parlor Action 2: Parley with [b]Lita Chantler[/b] Intellect roll (5 + 1[[b]Dr. Christopher Milan[/b]] +1[Scrying] = 7 dice vs. 4): [dice]0[/dice] Success! [b]Dr. Chirstopher Milan[/b] discarded. [b]Lita Chantler[/b] enters play under my control. Action 3: Gain 1 resource
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Skids needs to evade or the Ghoul gets an attack of opportunity and will attack him again during the enemy phase, which will drive him insane. I'm gonna cheat by committing Backstab to his skill test.  
Action 2: move to the Parlor.

Action 3: play Dynamite Blast, Ghoul takes 3 damage [3/10].

Action 4: gain 1 resource.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Don't do that! :o We need Backstab to have any chance of defeating the Ghoul Priest. If you had to commit a card, it should be the Switchblade, but you don't even need to do that, and you'll need to commit the Switchblade when you use Backstab. You have 5 Sanity, so you can get hit twice and still survive.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Ah! but Skids currently only has 4 sanity and 2 resources. So Switchblade?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It's better to give up the Switchblade than Backstab, but you don't have to do either. Your investigator post says that you currently have 5 Sanity, not 4. You started with 6, and you took 1 horror for entering the Attic. Did you lose another somewhere? If not, you can take two hits and keep both cards. That way you can commit Switchblade to your Backstab attack along with my Manual Dexterity to maximize your chances. If the Backstab misses, we'll probably have to resign. You have two resources now, but if you move instead of spending an action to evade, you can gain another one. You'll also get a resource during Upkeep, so you can use Backstab next turn no matter what (as long as you get through the Mythos phase without losing it).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Weird! 5 sanity it is.  
Investigation Phase

Action 1: move [attacked by Ghoul].

Action 2: play Dynamite Blast, Ghoul takes 3 damage [3/10].

Action 3 and 4: gain 2 resources.

Enemy Phase

Ghoul Priest attacks Skids in the Parlor.

Upkeep Phase
OOC:   ...oh. Now I see that the Ghoul follows Skids to the Parlor, therefore Daisy and Lita would be caught in the Dynamite Blast.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, we're fine. The Dynamite Blast went off during your turn, and we were all in the Parlor while the Ghoul Priest was in the Hallway. It only moved to the Parlor afterwards, during the Enemy Phase. If you're thinking about using the second Dynamite Blast, don't worry about it. You probably won't have enough resources to use it anyway, and Backstab causes more damage. You can do 4 damage with it, and I can do 3 damage with the Knife if I manage to hit. If that doesn't work, the second Dynamite Blast could do the job on the following turn if you're lucky enough to get an Emergency Cache or two. Also, don't forget to put Backstab back in your hand.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   The Ghoul is in Skids's threat area so it moves with him. The only way to leave it is to evade.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Oh, I hadn't known that rule. In that case, you'll have to use your first action to evade and commit the Switchblade. Your second action is then to move, your third is to use the Dynamite Blast, and for your fourth action you gain one resource, not two. This means you only get hit once, during the Enemy Phase. You'll only have two resources, but you'll gain a third during the Upkeep Phase and still be able to use Backstab next turn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 5 Upkeep Phase

Ready Ghoul Priest [in Hallway].

Skids: Image--lovely--and gain 1 resource.

Daisy: Image and gain 1 resource.

Turn 6 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [3/7].

Skids: Image--not so lovely.

Daisy: Image--place 1 doom on agenda [4/7].
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The Ghoul Priest still hit you once, during the Enemy Phase. Since it's a Hunter, it did follow us into the Parlor, which is exactly where we want it. I think we're in a good position now, especially with Unexpected Courage, and the Ghoul Minion isn't that bad. With [b]Lita[/b], it can be killed in a single hit. Both of us are effectively at Combat 4, so either of us could do it with normal attacks. It may not be necessary, but you have plenty of actions. You need to reserve one to attack the Ghoul Priest with the Backstab, which will do 4 damage (+2 from Backstab, +1 from [b]Lita[/b]). I'll use Manual Dexterity to help you, which will raise your effective Combat to 6, so you'll only miss on a -3, -4, or tentacles. That will knock it down to 3 health as long as you hit. To maximize our chances, you should save Unexpected Courage for my turn. I can use my Knife's stronger attack (discarding it in the process) to do 3 damage on my turn, finishing off the Ghoul Priest as long as I hit. I'll effectively have Combat 5 with that action, and Unexpected Courage will raise that to 7, meaning I'll only fail on a -4 or tentacles.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   The Ghoul Priest exhausted when Skids evaded it, so it cannot hunt until ready (Upkeep Phase). No attack on Skids, but it is still in the Hallway. If Skids kills the Ghoul Minion first action, he could gain 2 resources, then throw his second stick of dynamite?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That won't leave you with enough resources for the Backstab, but you might be able to get them next turn, and automatic damage is awesome. I say go for it! If you take more than one action to kill the Ghoul Minion, though, just collect as many resources as you can after killing it in hopes of using it later (even if it hits us too). If you are able to use the Dynamite Blast, we'll only need 4 more damage, and either of us can do it. I'll play Hyperawareness, move to the Hallway, and collect a resource after your turn. [b]Lita[/b] can survive a hit from the Ghoul Priest. As long as you don't draw an enemy or a card that costs you an action next Mythos phase, next turn you can collect two resources (plus a third you gain from Upkeep), move to the Hallway, and Backstab. If that fails, I can engage, attack with my Knife for 3 damage, and then use Blinding Light for the final point.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “The Night of the Zealot & Carnival of Horrors”