Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: The Gathering

Post by Tabs »

Turn 6 Investigation Phase

Action 1: Fight the Ghoul Minion. Strength 3 +1[Lita] Mythos token [dice]0[/dice] [-1] vs. 2

Success! damage 1 +1[Lita], defeated.

Action 2 and 3: gain 1 resource.

Action 4: play Dynamite Blast; Ghoul Priest suffers 3 damage [6/10].

Skids lobbed the dynamite stick into the hallway. The explosion, followed by a howl of pain, were deafening.

"I guess it didn't like that!" he remarked. Daisy and her new chum Lita started for the hallway, Skids held up his hand and wondered: "Are you sure, Miss Walker? It'll come to us..."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 6 Investigation Phase
"We must!" insists Lita, leading the way back into the hallway as she brandishes her torch. "We cannot let it escape! It's almost dead! Follow me, both of you!"

Daisy, inspired by her example, rushes forward as she grips her knife with white knuckles.
OOC,Actually, Hyperawareness doesn't really help me. I'd blow three resources just to get what I'd get for free by committing the card even if one of those tests happens. I'll just collect more resources instead in case I draw something awesome and then move to the Hallway. Action 1: Gain 1 resource Action 2: Gain 1 resource Action 3: Move to Hallway
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 6 Enemy Phase

The Ghoul Priest inflicts 2 damage and 2 horror on Lita.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 6 Upkeep Phase

Skids: Image and gain 1 resource.

Daisy: Image and gain 1 resource.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 6 Enemy Phase
Lita charges forward, waving her torch. The monster mauls her badly, but she remains standing, full of determination.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 7 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [4/7].

Skids: Image

Daisy: Image
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 7 Mythos Phase
Another of the horrifying creatures emerges from the darkness below and creeps up behind Daisy, and she finds hreself surrounded. "Help!" she screams.
OOC,There are 5 Doom tokens now, not 4. Ancient Evils raised it to 4 last turn. We're still in excellent shape, though. There's nothing to stop you from collecting two resources, moving to the Hallway, and attempting to Backstab the Ghoul Priest and finish it, with help from my Manual Dexterity. You won't have a spare action to engage it, but that's okay. Even if you miss (only on a -3, -4, or tentacles), I can survive the 4 damage (barely), and you can survive the Retaliate ability. Alternatively, you can commit Unexpected Courage along with Manual Dexterity and only miss on tentacles, which I think is better. Then you can help me out with Physical Training when I attack if you miss. In the event you miss, I'll need Unexpected Courage or Physical Training from you in order to have a good chance of hitting the Ghoul Priest with the Knife for 3 damage. Then I could use one of your Will cards along with my Old Book of Lore to cast Blinding Light on the Ghoul Priest for the last point to finish it. I may go down in the process if I get a result that causes me damage (or [b]Lita[/b] may have to take the hit and go down instead), but as long as I knock the Ghoul Priest down to 0 or 1 HP, you have a good chance of pulling through without me. Hopefully it won't come to that, however.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Yes, doom [5/7]. I'll post Skids's actions tomorrow.  
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 7 Investigation Phase

Action 1 and 2: gain 1 resource [Skids now has 3].

Action 3: move to the Hallway.

Action 4: play Backstab. Agility 4 +2[Manual Dexterity] Mythos token [dice]0[/dice] [0] vs. 4

Success! Damage 1 +1[Lita] +2[Backstab], Ghoul Priest defeated [10/10].

"Help!" cried the librarian.

Skids raced into the Hallway. Daisy was cornered by a blasphemy and Lita, Lita's wrists were gripped by a masked terror, pinning her down against the stairs; its engorged phallus, covered in rot and tipped by an abscess, wavered between her thighs. Skids had absolutely no compunction in stabbing it between the shoulder blades, Lita, too, jerked her shin and smacked against stretched glands. It reared-up with an orgasmic spasm, then collapsed on the dirt floor.

OOC:   Let's decide together. I'd favour the resolution which you haven't read before (I've read 'em both).  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 7 Investigation Phase
The creature menacing Daisy pins her against the wall, its claws shredding her clothes. She screams again when it wrenches her legs apart. Then the masked monster falls, and the one gripping Daisy suddenly releases her and flees down the stairs. Weeping profusely, she runs to Skids and throws her arms around him, pressing her face into his shoulder. "Burn this place," she chokes out between sobs. "Burn it to the ground!"
OOC,Nicely done! The resolution I chose when I played was the first one, but I did glance at the other one afterwards. I don't know the consequences of burning the house or not in later scenarios, but I think we'll be much better off in them if we burn it. The house doesn't get burned when you fail to resolve the scenario (which happened the first time I tried it), so that would probably make things harder later.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Resolution 1: You nod and allow the red-haired woman to set the walls and floor of your house ablaze. The fire spreads quickly, and you run out the front door to avoid being caught in the inferno. From the sidewalk, you watch as everything you own is consumed by the flames. "Come with me," the woman says. "You must be told of the threat that lurks below. Alone, we are surely doomed... but together, we can stop it."

In your campaign log, record that your house burned to the ground.
The lead investigator earns the Lita Chantler card and may include it in his or her deck. This card does not count toward that investigator's deck size.
The lead investigator suffers 1 mental trauma from watching his or her home become a smoldering ruin.
Each investigator earns experience equal to the Victory X value of each card in the victory display (remember to add eligible locations to the victory display). Each investigator earns 2 bonus experience as he or she gains insight into the hidden world of the Mythos.
OOC:   2 experience +1[attic] +2[Ghoul Priest] =4 to upgrade our decks.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Don't we each get 5 experience points, not 4?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

:)

Skids: ImageImage

Seeker: Encyclopedia [2],Cryptic Research [4], Magnifying Glass [1], Disc of Itzama [2]; Mystic: Blinding Light [2], Mind Wipe [1]. Check them out at arkhamdb.com
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Nice choices! I can just look through the cards in my copy of the game, but I don't have time to do it tonight. This weekend I can go through them, choose my new cards, and decide what gets replaced if they're not straight upgrades. There are also neutral cards available to buy (such as the Elder Sign).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Off the top of my head there is Elder Sign and Bullet Proof Vest, both cost 4 experience. Oh, one can keep experience for another scenario as well.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

They both cost 3 experience. Those are good for vulnerable characters, but I'll probably take the Disc of Itzamna, Blinding Light (upgrade), and Mind Wipe. I'm just not sure which cards to replace with the ones that aren't upgrades.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I've had a change of heart. I'm gonna ditch the upgraded Beat Cop, keeping the 2 experience and aiming to purchase Elder Sign Amulet next scenario... But I am adding Sure Gamble which replaces Skids's original Beat Cop--I figured that it's an ally and so is Lita and de Luca and may be unwanted.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Now that I think about it, I may want to take the Bulletproof Vest along with the Disc.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

I'm guessing I'm not allowed to remove weaknesses from my deck, so I'll replace one copy of Perception (my Intellect is quite high already) and Research Librarian (not as useful as it might seem).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I like Disc of Itzama and the Vest; good choices!

Return to “The Night of the Zealot & Carnival of Horrors”