Moderator: Tabs

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: The Gathering

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 2 Investigation Phase
Daisy finishes perusing the ancient tome Dr. Chirstopher had discovered in the study. With a shudder, she throws it away. Taking out her flashlight, she leads him down the stairs into the darkened cellar. Even with the light, she still stubs her toe on something. She looks around in alarm at the unusual, chilly surroundings.
OOC,But are you allowed to actually look through your face-down deck for a card to discard? I haven't played Arkham Horror since then too, and I'd like to play it again as well. I never did play with the revised version of Curse of the Dark Pharaoh, and I'd like to try combining various expansions with Miskatonic Horror. Then there's my absolutely insane idea of playing with all of the expansions at once. Free Action: Activate Necronomicon. 1 horror removed from Necronomicon. 1 horror taken. Action 1: Activate Necronomicon. 1 horror removed from Necronomicon. 1 horror taken. Necronomicon discarded. Action 2: Play Flashlight, spending 2 Resources. Action 3: Move to Cellar. 1 damage taken.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Let's come to an agreement between ourselves; BGG forums can be a bottomless pit. EDIT: I just read "Crypt Chill mentions discarding a card you control -- you do control all the cards in your hand, deck, discard etc. but Crypt Chill can not apply its effect to any of those areas as they're considered out of play"; so I'll replace Leo and discard Burglary. Can I have the action again that I spent on Burglary?  
ooc,AH board game pbp... maybe. I s'pose I could use Arkham Horror wiki for the cards?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, that makes sense. If you get rid of Burglary, then you'd do something else with that Action instead. I'm beginning to wonder if [b]Daisy[/b]'s Elder Sign effect really does count cards in my entire deck, including those that aren't visible. Maybe I should have only drawn 1 card (the Necronomicon) instead of 3, and the other two should still be on top of my deck waiting to be drawn next. Arkham Horror pbp would be fun again. I was also thinking of playing solo with my own copy (I have it and all the expansions), but it will probably be ages before I get to it with my backlog.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   What niggles at me is why Crypt Chill doesn't say "discard 1 asset in play"; but maybe one cannot discard a card unless it is in play... Anyway, I still think Daisy's Elder Sign effect stands as we decided--Skids gets +2 and 2 resources, Daisy gets +0 and draws 1 or more cards depending on what's in her library.  

Action: Investigate 3 Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] (-2) vs. 1

Gain 1 Clue.

Upkeep Phase

1 resource and Image--hey!

Daisy: 1 resource and Image
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Nice! You could actually play him next turn with the resources you have. And Manual Dexterity is great for me! I may need to evade something or avoid Grasping Hands.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [3/3].

Skids would be down to 3 sanity, so I would choose 1 card at random... Do you disagree?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I definitely agree. You'll need that Sanity later. Let's just hope you don't lose [b]de Luca[/b],
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Skids discards Unexpected Courage and Daisy discards Perception.

Skids Image

"Rats! Why did it have to be rats?"

Daisy Image
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Mythos Phase
Daisy is horrified to see a swam of rats rushing towards her from one of the many tunnels inexplicably in this cellar.
OOC,That could have been a lot worse. Rats are one of the few enemies we can actually beat, and Perception is probably the one card in my hand I can most afford to lose (though it would have been nice to have at the end for parleying with [b]Lita[/b]). This turn I plan to fight the rats and, if I have any Actions left, use the Flashlight to start finding Clues. I could also play my Medical Texts and then use them for free, but it's more important that I find at least two Clues down here fast before something I can't handle pops up here. Do you want to go first, or should I?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Investigation Phase

Action 1: Fight. Strength 3 Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] [-4] vs. 1

Action 2: Fight. Strength 3 Chaos token [dice]1[/dice] [0] vs. 1

Junk and crap, which was littered around the attic, was thrust into the hole by the ex-con; "It must be the rats' nest," thought Skids. Too late. Several of the vermin had got out and raced to and fro, trying to bite him with wicked-looking rabbit fangs. He performed a hornpipe dance avoiding them, and trod on the back of a real beastie, snapping its spine with a satisfying crack; the others scurried away.

Action 3: Play Leo de Luca, pay 6 resources.

Action 4: Investigate. Lore 3 Chaos token [dice]2[/dice] [tablet -2] vs. 1

Gain 1 Clue [3/4 from the Attic].
OOC:   Good luck, Daisy!  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Investigation Phase
Daisy shrieks as the rats rush her and start to crawl up her legs. She kicks and stomps them mercilessly, and soon there is nothing left of them but a bloody mess.
OOC,Action 1: Fight Swarm of Rats (Combat 2 vs. Swarm of Rats' Fight 1): [dice]0[/dice] Success! Swam of Rats discarded. 3 cards drawn due to Elder Sign. I'll wait to see what those are before I take my remaining Actions.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ImageImageImage
OOC:   Cool!  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Investigation Phase
On a hunch, Daisy examines the ice. "This may be just the stuff to destroy that heat barrier," she says. "All we need is a container to put it in."
OOC,Fast Action: Spend 2 resources to play Working a Hunch. 1 clue gained from Cellar. Action 2: Activate Flashlight. 1 supply spent. Intellect roll(5 + 1[[b]Dr. Milan Christopher[/b]] = 6) vs. (4 - 2[Flashlight] = 2 Shroud): [dice]0[/dice] Success (thanks to the Flashlight)! One clue gained. 1 resource gained from [b]Dr. Milan Christopher[/b]. Action 3: Play Medical Texts. 2 resources spent. Free Action: Activate Medical Texts. Intellect roll(5 + 1[[b]Dr. Milan Christopher[/b]] = 6) vs. 2 Difficulty: [dice]1[/dice] Success! 1 damage healed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Amazing phase, that's 5 actions played! One thing, Medical Texts s/be in your investigator's PLAY area.  
Skids: gain 1 resource and Image

Daisy: gain 1 resource and Image
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yeah, that was awesome! I'm lucky I got Working a Hunch. Those are some nice cards for us. They'll help against the Ghoul Priest. With the Knife and Lita Chantler, I' may actually be able to help in the fight. I forgot to move the Medical Texts, but I've done it now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3, Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [1/7]

Skids: Image

Revelation. Agility 4 Chaos [dice]0[/dice] [-1] vs. 3

Daisy: Image
OOC:   When you make the Willpower test I have a +2 skill card.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Thanks! I'll use Fearless too, to increase my odds and heal one horror. You should go first this turn and try to get that last Clue in the Attic, then go down to the Hallway. If for some reason you can't get it in four actions, I'll try to find another one in the Cellar before going back upstairs (which takes two actions), but I'd prefer to have a spare action to ready my Knife and ditch my Flashlight.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Action Phase

Action 1: Investigate. Intellect 3 Chaos [dice]0[/dice] [-1] vs. 1

Gain 1 Clue [4/4] and Attic added to our Victory Display.

Action 2 and 3: gain 1 resource.

Action 4: move to the Hallway.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 4 Investigation Phase
Daisy hears a strange gibbering, meeping sound coming from the tunnels. It's hard to tell which one due to the echoes, and it sounds like it's coming from all of them at once. Terrified, she stands frozen in place for a moment. Then she scoops up a double armful of ice and runs upstairs, where she sees that Skids has come down with a barrel from the attic. "Perfect!" she says, dumping the ice in it. "If we throw this at the barrier, that might get rid of it." She drops her flashlight and pulls out a knife.
OOC,I hadn't realized that you needed to clear all clues from a location to score its victory points, but I don't think I should bother getting the other two down here, even though I could with the Flashlight. We've lucked out in the encounters so far, and they're only going to get harder. Let's just get to the endgame as fast as possible. Action 1: wasted Action 2: Move to Hallway Action 3: Play Knife. 1 resource spent. Flashlight discarded. Will roll (3 + 2[Guts] + 1[Fearless] = 6 dice vs. 3): [dice]0[/dice] Success! Frozen in Fear discarded. 1 horror healed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Guts skill test was successful, draw 1 card.

OOC:   I presume that's correct, Skids's card although it was Daisy's skill test? EDIT: I just read that this is correct on arkhamdb.com  

Return to “The Night of the Zealot & Carnival of Horrors”