The Path to Carcosa

Investigators set out to save Arkham by defeating an Ancient One who is attempting to break into this world through gates in other dimensions.

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: The Path to Carcosa

Post by Tabs »

Turn 6 Mythos Phase

Image 1 doom + 3 doom on Agent ...advance...

TO BE CONTINUED
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Withers Image spawns at Historical Library

Harrigan Image

Image Image

So...if Harrigan exhausts Peabody and chooses Hidden Library, Withers can slip in via a Passageway location? Just checked and at the mo. the two 3rd floor locations have the Passageway trait
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The Fanatic should spawn in the Hidden Library, which has 6 clues, not the Historical Library. I don't know if you still want to go there this turn given that, but you can also get to the third floor locations. If you do, I have one action to spare this turn, as I can no longer take down the Agent of the King. Please let me know if you still want me to open the Passageway. If you do, I'll go first and do it. I hadn't realized that the third floor locations had them, or I'd have stayed in the office. I thought I had to go all the way down the stairs, but I could have opened a door from there. It's too late now, though. At least I can later get back up there quickly. If you're planning to get more than one clue this turn, please let me know. I need to know which way the Agent of the King will move so I can hunt him down.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

The Fanatic, yes spawn in Hidden Library

One FAQ I read says that once in the Hidden Library we’re safe from Hunter monsters...so let’s both go there the turn after next. This turn Withers can escape to the 3rd floor using Mists, and he’ll be safe there because in the Enemy Phase the Agent ‘ll move to the 2nd floor Hallway

Harrigan first?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 6 Investigator Phase

Mr. Peabody tells Mark about some of the secret passageways in this building, including one in the museum downstairs.
OOC,I don't think we're safe in there. Hidden Library has Passageway while enemies are moving, so Hunters can still follow us there if they reach the third floor. I plan to kill Agent of the King next turn anyway, but I planned to kill him this turn, and that didn't work out for me. I'd have been able to do it if I had remained in [b]Peabody[/b]'s Office. If you have an action to spare between Mists and moving to the third floor, you can investigate. You can even get both clues in the Historical Museum with the Fingerprint Kit, which will help. Agent of the King will then move toward you into the Historical Museum in that case, but then the passageway will close behind you and he'll have to turn around and take the stairs. If he does that, I won't be able to kill him next turn, but that's all right. It'll take him so long to reach the Hidden Library anyway that it doesn't matter, and it frees me up to do other things. Action 1: Activate and exhaust [b]Mr. Peabody[/b], choosing Historical Museum. Historical Museum gains -1 Shroud and Passageway until he readies. Actions 2 and 3: Activate Whispers in Your Head (Dread). Discard it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Ahh! I puzzled over that “Hidden Library gains Passageway whilst enemies are moving” and how our investigators would find it--that was before I reread Mr. Peabody's card

...I’m losing track of what’s to be done... Don’t forget I’ve got Worst Nightmare to Evade too, also Hunter monsters attack after they've moved

Turn 6 Investigator Phase

Action 1 Evade Image cast Mists of R'yleh, spending 1 charge (2) 4 +3 vs. 2 chaos token -2 ; success! move to Entry Hall

Action 2 Evade Image cast Mists of R'yleh, spending 1 charge (1) 4 +3 vs. 2 chaos token squid -2 ; success! but discard card (Trench Coat) move to Quiet Halls 2nd floor

Action 3 Move to Quiet Halls 3rd floor

At the top of the stairs Withers makes a welcome discovery

"Mr. Harrigan!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 6 Upkeep Phase

"I'm over here!" calls Mark from the hallway.
OOC,I think there's been a mistake. You can't evade and move in the same action. You would have to spend the first two actions evading and the third moving. Fortunately, I opened up a passageway for you on my turn so you could escape. All locations with Passageway are connected to each other, so you can move directly from the Historical Museum to either [b]Peabody[/b]'s Office or the Historical Library, next to me. I recommend the office, as I can move in there on my turn and [b]Peabody[/b] can help you find the clues with your actions, provided nothing else gets in the way. Agent of the King and Your Worst Nightmare will lose the Enemy Phase, as they are exhausted. They'll ready on the Upkeep Phase, but at the same time so will [b]Mr. Peabody[/b], and the Passageway will close behind you. It will take them a further four turns to reach the office, and by then we should be in the Hidden Library and probably have already advanced the act. Draw 1 card and gain 1 resource.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Oh I see, by using the Passageway...yes, okay. However Mists allows Withers to move after evading so what he did is legal

Once in the Hidden Library he can quickly hoover up those clues using Fingerprint Kit, and we'll get those 2 victory points! I'm sorry that Harrigan wasted his actions but I really didn't follow what you intended--maybe Harrigan can redo that action? anyway both monsters are now exhausted

Turn 6 Enemy Phase

Your Worst Nightmare exhausted

Agent Of the King exhausted

Turn 6 Upkeep Phase

Withers draws 1 card (Dr. Milan) and gains 1 resource

Revealed card Image
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Oh, I didn't know about that ability of Mists. Still, if we're going to redo actions, I think it would be better to redo your second and third actions. It will work out better for us, and I went first, after all. Had we been around a table, I could have made my intentions more clear before you proceeded with your actions. If you remain in the Historical Museum after using Mists the first time, you can then investigate using the Fingerprint Kit to get the two clues, giving us a total of three, as your second action. You can just use the chaos bag draw you would have used for your second activation of Mists, and you get to keep the Trench Coat as well. Then for your third action, you can move through the Passageway to [b]Peabody[/b]'s office. Alternatively, you can go through the Passageway as part of your first action and still have two actions left at your destination. However, I think it's better to get the clues now. We want to advance the act before the agenda advances again, or there will probably be really bad consequences. Next turn I should be able to join you, and the turn after we can go to the Hidden Library and advance the act. If we wait longer, doom can pile up pretty quickly. We're already at 1/4. I don't think we can count on getting all six clues in the Hidden Library, as the Fingerprint Kit has limited uses, and it would take a while to collect them all, but if we still have the opportunity to investigate after advancing the act, we can do it then. If you get the two clues and we have three between us, next turn you should be able to get the three remaining clues in [b]Peabody[/b]'s Office, bringing us to the six we need. I can move in there to reduce the Shroud by 2, and I can reduce it by 1 more if I activate [b]Peabody[/b]. If you'd rather let your actions stand, I guess I can play First Aid to replace my first action, but I really think it's better the other way. The Agent of the King will also move to the Historical Museum if you go through the Passageway with one or more clues, which would then close, leaving him several turns away from us.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

So Evade using Mists Your Worst Nightmare, Investigate using Fingerprint Kit--2 clues, and Move to Peabody's Office
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, that's right.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

MAP

Image [Your Worst Nightmare Agent of the King]

Image [2 clues]

Second Floor -> yellow circle

Second Floor -> yellow circle

Image [Harrigan]

Image [3 clues Withers]

Image [4 clues]

Image [5 clues Fanatic + 1 doom]

Quickly check the clue count
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Everything looks correct to me, except that there should only be 5 clues in the Hidden Library, as the Fanatic picked one up when it spawned. You now have 2 clues, and I have 1. Also, Fanatic has 1 doom, as the clue flipped over.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Edited

Turn 7 Mythos Phase

Image 1 doom on the Fanatic

Withers has 6 health, 8 sanity, 2 clues, and 4 resources
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

WithersImage Hidden Library

Harrigan ImageImage
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That locked door is a pain, but I can break it down later if it's necessary. It'll just slow us down. However, we can get 6 clues before even setting foot in the library. I'll add a doom to the agenda. We need all the clues we can get, and this won't advance the agenda immediately. I think I should go first. I can enter the office to reduce the Shroud to 2. That should be good enough for you to find all three clues remaining there, though I could always use [b]Mr. Peabody[/b] on his own office to drop its Shroud to 1. I don't think it's needed, though, which leaves me a couple more actions to gear up for next turn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Okay
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 7 Investigator Phase

Mark hurries back into the office with Mr. Peabody in tow. "It's good to see you're all right, Mr. WIthers," he says. "I see you've found one of the hidden passageways. Mr. Peabody here is the curator."

"There are other passages, including one leading to the hidden library you're seeking," said Peabody. "I'll show you the way there once you have everything you need from my office."
OOC,Action 1: Move to [b]Peabody[/b]'s Office. Action 2: Play Elder Sign Amulet, spending 2 resources. Action 3: Play First Aid, spending 2 resources.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 7 Investigator Phase

Action 1 Investigate Image using Fieldwork (final supply) 5 +1 +1 [Dr. Milan] vs. 4 chaos token -1 ; success! discover 2 clues and gain 1 resource

Action 2 Investigate Image 5 +1 [Dr. Milan] vs. 4 chaos token skull (-1) ; success! discover 1 clue and gain 1 resource

Withers has 5 clues now, and Harrigan 1? so advance the agenda? Oh right, we need to enter the Hidden Library first Image

Fast play Image that's 4 resources. I already have 6, you can have 'em if you wish

Action 3 Play Image spending 4 resources

"Looks like this office is cleared out, he-he" laughs Withers, patting his clue-filled jacket pockets "Now, to the Hidden Library!'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 7 Enemy Phase

Footsteps can be heard in the distance downstairs.
OOC,Your Worst Nightmare and Agent of the King move to Entry Hall.
Turn 7 Upkeep Phase

"I'll go first," says Mark, "in case there's trouble." He readies his shotgun.
OOC,Thanks, I could use the resources! Next turn I'll have to go first and open the passageway to the Hidden Library, then go through it and take down the Fanatic, provided the encounter cards don't interfere. Once you follow me, we can advance the act. Draw 1 card and gain 1 resource.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Arkham Horror”