Tristan's Choice

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Tristan's Choice

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tristan remembers the red eyed shape shifting monsters that attacked and sunk his Dragon Boat "The Ice Crusher." There were no lemmings among them. Mostly Polar bears and blood thirsty whales. The sea was colored red with the blood of his kinsmen as the red eyed devils tore Tristan's crew apart.

The red eyed lemming freezes as Tristan approches.

ooc - spot hidden. If you fail, continue to post as if I didn't mention anything. If you pass, please just post your roll.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Voodoo »

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tristan spots a dark Norse Rune burned into the shoulder of the red-eyed lemming. He is certain that the rune means Loki.

Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Noticing the Mark of Loki upon the beast, Tristan never the less decides to continue towards it in hopes of capturing one alive.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The small furry white lemming with glowing red eyes speaks calmly to Tristan.

You are of Asgard are you not? A son of Odin? You were not born of the frozen rain?
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

While momentarily taken aback by the strange entity before him, Tristan calmly addresses the small lemming, "Aye creature, tis true our divine lords do dwell in the realm of Asgard. But what pray tell are you? What kind of creature has the manner of a beast but the tongue of man?"
ooc,Go figure I would be the one to get the talking lemming lol, This is getting pretty good.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

I am Ijiraat and I am no beast! We Ijiraat lived here on this heartless island, watching over Sedna's spawn for as long as the goddess could remember. My name is Figgsolandamon and I am honored to meet you son of Odin.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"Pardon my manners as I meant you no disrespect. My name is Tristan and I am honored as well to meet you. My group was attacked earlier by things that shared your unique eye coloring but had an entirely different form, Would those happen to be related to the Ijiraat in some way? Also how do you come to speak the tongue of the Vikings?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Language is something my people do not concern ourselves with... We speak and you hear what you wish... From my experience, that is common with most mortal creatures.

The white lemming takes a moment to run his paws along his whiskers, shivering with delight or the cold… Tristan could not be sure… It was colder than a Valkyrie’s heart on the plains of Helluland.

Figgsolandamon continues.

The Ijiraats that sunk your giant sized kayak still believe in the old ways. They blindly follow Sedna wherever she wills. Apparently she willed your vessel to the bottom of the sea, the old tyrant.

Tristan can hear the disdain Figgsolandamon feels towards the goddess Sedna with every spiteful word the lemming says.

There are others like me who have been promised an after-life and serve Sedna no more. We watched with too few numbers to help, as Sedna's Ijiraats slaughtered your men. So few of your men escaped to shore… A pity, but better this way I think. They are all in Valhalla now. So will I one day, if I prove myself worthy.

Though… if memory serves… There were 6 sons of Odin who were taken from the bloody waters….. To the moutains I beleive. Sedna laid her fingerless hands on each of them. Quite a gift! Quite a gift!
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

What is this gift you speak of? and can you perchance lead me to were my companions were taken? We seem to have found ourselves in need of some allies in this land and you seem to be exactly what we need. It must be the will of Odin.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

I may be able to lead you to your comrades Tristan.. son of Odin. Though I will not show myself in front of your Captain or your comrades. I have seen their minds and they will not have me. Your Captain Gunharr has seen the abyss of Sedna's deep blue sea and the cruelty of her black heart. Sedna's gifts are seldom kind and often cruel. Gunharr beleives he has been blessed by Loki... much like myself. But Sedna will try to lead you away from what you seek. She will lead you to ruin Tristan Odin's son.

The lemming steps closer to Tristan, shaking the snow off his fur.

Your friends were different.... Sedna gave them something... special. A gift she only gives to those...

Figgsolandamon struggles with the word.

Skraeling.. women she sees fit to bless with Shamanhood.

But Sedna held each of your Viking friends in her arms as they succombed to suffocation beneath the waves. They have been touched by magic and fortune will be with them while they remain in her domain. None, save the Shaman, have touched the godess since she came to this island. Sedna even allowed one of your men to touch her hair with his flesh. He is gifted now. In ways you cannot begin to understand.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

You know of what we seek here in your lands? I followed my Captain when he was a counted amongst the living but...Now im not sure of him anymore. He seems more a corrupted thing now, Though I still seek that which we have come for I do not think my path lies with him. I have a wounded companion, Is there anything you can do to help him for I fear he will soon die if left to my meager healing skills. Perhaps we can travel together after my companion has been seen to.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Yes! You seek the rune! I would find it an honor to quest with you Tristan Odin's Son, but you cannot abandon your Captain now. There is one amongst his men that must reach the mountain. The rune could be lost forever in Odin's well if he does not reach it. I had hoped to convince you to hide me so I may lead you where you need to be. Your Skraeling and his knife are lost to you now. You have no way to find the mountain. I will guide you... and you will guide them.

But you must make a choice Tristan...
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

I will gladly take you and keep you with me and keep you hidden. Who is it in that group who must reach the mountain as I will have to be especially protective of them and what is the choice I must make?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

I am sorry Tristan Odin's Son. I cannot say as to whom has been chosen... There are others... and my people will ensure they play their part, but to tell you such a thing would unravel the fabric of destiny itself. Not to make so dramatic a point!

The lemming Figgsolandamon stares at Olaf, who barely conscious, has been watching the exchange from afar with wide terrified eyes.

Your choice Tristan Odin's son. You must leave him behind.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

WHY!! why must Olaf be sacrificed? Is there not some way to save him, He is a strong warrior and I fear he will be needed even more moving forward. Not to sound untrusting but I believe now is the time for you to tell me everything you can speak of. If I am to embroil myself in the games of gods then I have need of reasons. I will believe that some things can not be told but surely you haven't told me everything you can.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tristan spots another glint of light bouncing off some armor in the distance through the failing sunlight.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

It appears explanations will have to wait for later as we're likely to have quests soon. Come and let us get you hidden and try to make you comfortable, our travels shall be hard and I don't want you crushed.

Tristan moves to pick the Injiraat up to hide him in his gear.

Wait a moment, Something feels wrong about this.

Looking to Olaf and then back to the metallic glint in the distance.

Why is Olaf to be sacrificed? And do you know what that glint in the distance is?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Qallupilluk are near. They will cloud your mind with false hope in attempt to lead you away from what they desire most. Your people bring no children... their usual prey. Sedna has no doubt set them loose onto you. They rarely gather in these sort of numbers.

The Ijiraat lemming smells the air disapprovingly.

Sniff! Sniff! It would appear that they desire your friend Olaf Odin's son This is why he must be sacrficed. You must choose Tristan Odin's son. Your friend or your destiny. I am sure they would accept your blood as sacrifice to Sedna as well though then they would return to devour your friend Olaf Odin's son.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Very well Figg you have made your point. As much as I do not like this we should get moving. Come let us get you settled and be on our way.

Return to “Chapter 4 : Spirit and Scramasax”