Tristan's Choice

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Tristan's Choice

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The lemming bares his teeth and Tristan is sure the Ijitaat rodent is smiling.

Figg! I enjoy that.... It rattles my teeth... You live up to your name Tristan Odin's son. The call of destiny calls louder to the Vikings than to other mortals. Your comrade may die this night, but your name will be sung in the halls of Valhalla from this moment forth.

Tristan hears Olaf groan as he walks away with Figgsolandamon scampering through the snow beside him.

w....ait....... Trist....

His voice is weak and hopeful.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Voodoo »

"I am sorry, Brother" Tristan sadly mutters to himself. Looking to Figg, "Come little one, Lead the way, Let us be about this godly business. While it may be necessary, there is no honor in leaving a comrade behind. I would not tarry here any longer to be faced with my shame."

Before losing sight of him Tristan stops and turns back towards where Olaf lay, "I WILL RAIN VENGEANCE DOWN UPON THOSE THAT MAKE THIS NECESSARY, I PROMISE YOU!"

Tristan turns back and continues on solemnly
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tristan continues on with Figg guiding the Viking mountaineer through the dark. Soon after he leaves Olaf he hears the inevitable final cry of a man having his inards torn and eaten alive. The screaming quickly fades away as Olaf finally dies.

The two continue across the snowy plains. Soon, Tristan hears the continued screams of Olaf behind him.

HELP MEEEE! AAAAAAGGAGAAGGAGAHH!

Tristan knows that Olaf was well out of ear shot but he can't help but think that the creatures are dragging him behind.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"Who do you work for little one? You seem to be well versed in our mission so I can't help but think you have a master giving orders." Tristan trudges on while talking casting his sight about him to pick up any clues to his location.
If its needed,Spot Hidden roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2341396/ it was a success
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tristan looks back but sees nothing. Every so often he sees that familiar glint come from a different direction. The sun had set now and the glint should certainly have not been there. There was just no light to reflect off the metal of the armor tristan had thought he was seeing. Olaf's voice continued to wail off in the distance. Sometimes the painful screaming was beside him and sometimes behind... but always it was there.

ooc- Sanity check to see how your nerves are handling the screamin. Please act accordingly. No sanity loss for a failed check. A failed check simpley means that Tristan is not acting like himself in the face of this particular horror. At your discretion on how you would play such a break in character of course.

As Tristan's head jerks from side to side, his eyes following the sounds and sight around him, Figg reamains calm and quietly pushes the two forward.

Hurry! Ignore everything but the sound of my voice Tristan Odin's Son. The Qallupilluk can make you hear and see what they want. They will try to lure you into their trap.

Then Figg answers Tristan's question.

I work for my people... The Ijiraat. We serve the gods of Asgard. Loki himself has promised us deliverance from this cold and soul-less place if we help.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Sanity Roll,it was 13, IC is down for me.
Where are we heading little one? Tell me more of this destiny you have seen for me.

As they continue forward Tristan can't help but draw his sword to sooth his nerves. While the eerie voices are unnerving Tristan is able to keep his wits about him.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The lemming pushes Tristan on.

We are heading back to your people Tristan Odin's son. But first there is something I wish to show you!

Tristan sees black scaley figures off in the distance, following him and Figg through the snow. Olaf's voice cries out through the wind.

Triiiiiiiiistan! Myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Leg Hurts so much! Please heeeeeeeeelp meeeeeee!
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

We must make haste as we have company approaching that doubtfully means us well.
ooc,How many of them and how close?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc,There are four or five... Two to your far left and two to three trailing behind. The way to the right is clear. They obviously do not want you turning East. Figg is leading you North West.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Tristan keeps moving after Figg, "They don't appear to want us going east. What are they trying to keep us from?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Your friends I imagine! The Ijiraat and the Quallipuk have an agreement. No blood has been spilled for centuries. Though in these desperate time I would not wish to anger them for whatever purpose they are carrying out for the godess. We will allow them to herd us for a while before we attempt to break away and find your people.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Then we press on I suppose. I must say I don't much like having these things at our backs though. How much farther to were you a leading me?

Tristan presses on despite the creatures following.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The odd couple of Viking and talking Lemming travel on for a short while. When it is clear that Tristan and Figg have no intention of turning west, the black scaled creatures give them a wider birth, seemingly losing interest in the pair.

After an hour or so of walking in the snow, the lemming stops.

We are here...

Tristan cannot see much of anything of great interest. The land is still flat and rocky. There are a few larger flatenned stones standing 4-5 feet high above the snow. He notices a river that runs east. It is completely thawed which is definitely odd for this time of year in the arctic.

ooc- INTx5 roll please
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tristan is certain that in terrain like that of Helluland, where a small system of mountains, surrounded by flat tundra and ocean, a river should always run from the mountains to the sea. This river is doing no such thing. Not only should the river be frozen at these temperatures, but it is running the wrong way. From the sea, up into the mountains.

ooc- roll one 1d10 and add to your navigation skill for the critical INT check.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Nav bonus roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2348330/]10[/url]
"Why is this river acting so strange and what does it have to do with our quest?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Our gods will the river into the mountains... To Asgard! They will drain the very life blood from Sedna and we will destroy our enemies when they are weak. What this river has to with our quest, I do not know. Such things are quite above me Tristan Son of Odin. For now take Solace in the fact that your gods now have dominion over this island once again.

Tristan watches as a massive Walrus jumps out of the river just 30 feet ahead of them, flopping on the ice and skidding to a hault with alarming dexterity and control. It turns and looks directly at Tristan. The Walrus' eyes flash red before it scurries under a narrow opening at the base of the massive flat stones.

Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"It seems almost like it wants us to follow. Let us see where it may lead." Tristan starts to approach with his sword drawn scanning the area for signs of a trap.
Spot hidden roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2348355/]3, IC seems to love me today[/url]
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Figg doesn't say a word and follows Tristan as he approaches the flat rocks. Above in the artic sky, Tristan spot three large snow owls circling the area. As he gets closer, the Viking mountaineer sees that the hole leading under the rocks is quite large. Below he sees the flickering of torchlight and hears a low humming sound.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Tristan Proceeds down the hole. As he goes he attempt to be as silent and invisible as possible.
Sneak,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2349683/]success[/url]
Hide,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2349685/]success[/url]

Return to “Chapter 4 : Spirit and Scramasax”