Ogtuk-Luk - Loyal Protector

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Ogtuk-Luk - Loyal Protector

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ogtuk-luk watches over his unconscious friends with a vigilance only the Shaman Protector could provide. Yuralria, Unulaq and the Norseman Thorrin lie motionless on the floor of the Shaman's Hut. A low lit fire crackles above the silence...

Unulaq knows something about the spirit world. His old Shaman, Aglakti, had taught him what he needed to know. He could never rouse her. This was important. It was up to the Shaman to find her way home. Through her own magics granted to her by the goddess Sedna, Yuralria must find her own way back to her people or offend the god and risk banishment from the Spirit World. Ogtuk-luk's was responsible for her physical body. To make sure that none defiled or harmed her while she journeyerd the confusing lands of the Spirit World.

Unulaq and Thorrin were less closely bound to the place. They were visitors and if necessary, they could be pulled back by force. Aglakti had taught him this trick. There was only one thing that could bring them back.... Fire!

As Ogtuk-Luk pondered the lessons he had learned, the flap to Yuralria's tent fluttered slightly.

ooc- Spot Hidden roll please.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Re: Ogtuk-Luk - Loyal Protector

Post by ryansommer »

Ogtuk-Luk sat at the fire in quiet medetation: his senses sharp. Honed through years of training and practice; Oktug-Luk was aware of all around him.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ogtuk-Luk spots a small white Fox poke his nose into the tent. He recognizes the fox as the pet of the Thule Boy Torngusac. The Fox freezes when Ogtuk-Luk spots him and then sniffs the ground. He takes a cautious step forward towards the fire. '
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ogtuk-Luk looks to the fox, but makes not other moves. Gently he says: "Come in, friend. Warm yourself. Torngusac, you may enter too, if you are out there"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The arctic Fox seems very receptive to the Shaman protector's invitation and slowly enters, dragging his bushy tail along the wall as he begins to circle the inside perimeter of the Hut. Torngusac does not answer.

The Fox looks around the Shaman's hut and then back to Ogtuk-Luk.

ooc - Spot Hidden again please.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ogtuk-Luk watches the fox intently and notices something.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ogtuk-Luk spots the fox's eyes as he quickly scans the room. They are bright red.

The Fox notices this and holds Ogtuk-Luk's gaze quizically.

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

[OOC: As I recall, this means he has been possessed by evil, correct?]
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OOC, maybe we should get this straight before we continue. No worries though. It's been a little confusing. Here is what you know of the Ijiraat. Normally the Ijiraat have been a peaceful creature of myth. Just like humans there are good ones and bad ones. In the stories Ogtuk-Luk remembers from his childhood, most are good. All of the Ijiraat have the ability to shape changer into any actic animal. They are not possessed or evil. They are Inuit spirits, able to cross over to the Spirit World and back as they please.

See link

http://callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.p ... b6c#p31795

However in the past few days, The Dorset people have had actual encounters with the Ijiraat and none have been friendly. All of the Ijiraat they have encountered have had a Viking symbol carved onto their bellies. The symbol stands for Loki. The Viking trickster god. Thorrin (The Viking Unulaq and Tornuaq found washed up on the shores of Baffin island) has told you that Loki is bad.

Does that clear things up a bit. Either way its good that you play slightly confused cuz your memeory of the Ijiraat fades over time if you don't speak of the event often. This is why stories are told. :D
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Ijiraat, you are welcome to share my fire so long as your intentions are peaceful." Ogtuk-Luk says calmly as he motions for the animal to an open space near the fire, but away from the Shaman's body. Ogtuk-Luk moves closer to the body; taking his spear into his hands. "In recent days, your kind have been tainted by the white men's god, Loki. Many have been attacked by these tainted Ijiraat. I mean you no disrespect, spirit, but please show me that you do not bear the mark of Loki."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Ijiraat Fox grins and lies down next to the fire, groaning like an old woman after a hard day skinning seals. It turns playfully and almost seductively over onto its back giving Ogtuk-Luk a full view of it's underbelly. The Fox looks coyly at Ogtuk-Luk and addresses the Shaman Protector in an old Inuit woman's voice.

You were certainly raised right young child of the frozen rain. So polite and understanding. Are you satisfied?

Ogtuk-luk sees no rune carved onto the little Fox
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Yes, Wise One" Ogtuk-luk said, "I am satisfied. With all that has happened recently, I must be as dilligent a I can be in my duties. We need our Shaman more than ever. Please understand" Ogtuk-Luk bowed his head in respect and set his spear down at his side. "I am honored to share my fire with you, wise one. Do you have insight Ito this Loki spirit that corrupts your brethren?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Fox hisses reflexively as Ogtuk-Luk speaks the name Loki.

Please young one. Do not speak his name. Words give power to those whose tales survive the test of time. I do not know why this old god has returned to our island. All that I know is that his people have hurt those I care for dearly in his name.

My name is Kadzit..

The Fox then looks to the Shaman and approaches her slowly.

She is not here is she Protector? I recognize her breathing. My dearest friend breathed in much the same way when she visited the spirit realm. Did she take the others with her? Even the Norseman then heh? Many will fear a whiteman returning to the Spirit World...

Kadzit brushes up against Ogtuk-Luk's leg as he moves closer to the unconscious Yuralria.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"My appoligies, wise Kadzit" Ogtuk-Luk said, "That name shall never be spoken again lest we empower and allow it to suvive. Your name, Kadzit and that of all Ijiraat shall be spoken at all fires for your power will surely be needed in the coming days."
Looking to the three forms on the floor of the tent: "You are correct, Kadzit. Yuralria and the others are in the spirit world. I pray for her return as I protect her body from harm. Yuralria seeks answers from the spirit world on how our people can survive the coming invasion."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- Spot Hidden check.

The Fox nods.

Yes... The Spirit World holds answers to a great many questions if you know where to look and whom to ask.

Kadzit moves closer to Ogtuk-luk curling her furry body around the Shaman Protector's legs speaking casually in her new position of comfort.

The Norse white devils have their own magic now. Until so recently, their magic could not penetrate the barrier that separates this world from the next. It seems that The Vikings have domain over Sedna's realm once more.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ogtuk-Luk notices Unulaq stir. Taking a closer look he notices the Dorset Hunter is swetting profusely. Unulaq mumbles.

Yuralria... Run!!
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"They are in danger" Ogtuk-Luk says. "Could it be that the Ijiraat who have been tainted can pass to the spirit world? Kadzit, can you help Yuralria?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The spirit world is a dangerous place child... and vast in its size and complexity. I could enter, but it would be like finding a single flake of snow on a mountain side. I am no help to your Shaman. If Yuralria is in danger, she must find her way back to the beginning of her spirit quest. So is the Shaman's way.

Kadzit walks calmly over to Unulaq and sniffs him.

This one, however, can be taken from there by force if need be. By... Fire.

Yuralira and Thorrin soon begin to stir as well. Beads of swet drip from their faces.

Yuralria shouts

"No, please....I can't lose it. It means everything to me!"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Yuralria is in danger." Ogtuk-Luk says with concern. "If she is to make it back to us, she'll need all the help she can get. I will leave the others to help her in her journey." Ogtuk-Luk gathers up his spear and stands over Yuralria in a protective stance. "If she is being attacked in the spirit world, they could try to attack her body here as well. Be on guard Kadzit"

Return to “Chapter 4 : Spirit and Scramasax”