Ogtuk-Luk - Loyal Protector

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Re: Ogtuk-Luk - Loyal Protector

Post by ryansommer »

Ogtuk-Luk picks up his spear with one hand and a burning stick from the fire with the other. He takes the stick whos tip burn bright read with embers and moves it towards the black streaks on Unulaq's chest. He watches for a reaction as me moves the glowing ember at the end of the stick closer to the black streaks. Eventually, he makes brief contact with the black.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Unulaq awakens suddenly in front of Ogtu-luk, his eyes wide with terror.

He calls out.

Thorrin!
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Unulaq!" Ogtuk-luk says. "What happened? Tell me what went on in the spirit world. What of our shaman?!"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq sat up and his hand went to his chest, his eyes went to the burning stick in Ogtuk-Luk's hands. "What did you do?" he asked wide-eyed and nervously. "Nanook ... he was there, corrupted - the big black bear, and we were about to calm him to help him."

His hand brushed through his hair as he looked away worried. "I hope they're ok."

He looked at a distant point beyond the confines of the structure they were within as he tries to grasp what he had just beheld. "I sang with Thorrin, a powerful magic... and I saw ... Valhalla." He shook his head in disbelief.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ooc: is there any way to allow him to reenter the spirit world?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: Depends, you see any other Shamans around here?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

When Unulaq looks down at the burn on his chest he sees three long black claw marks. The black shifts strangely before Unulaq's eyes like a blot of ink suspended in water. They cause him no pain at tthe moment... The only pain comes from the burn Ogtuk-luk had given the Dorset hunter to wake him from the spirit world.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ogtuk-luk yells out for Kadzit: "Kadzit, come back. We must return this man to the spirit world."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq rubs his hand across the claw marks and lifted an eyebrow curiously. "What manner of illness is this? Wait... this seems bad, but could be a good thing. We must find a cure for this blackness before I go back. If I can cleanse myself somehow, then we could bring back Nanook from his corruption."

He stood up and looked back to Ogtuk-Luk. "What is done is done. Perhaps it was Sedna's will to bring me back this way. Sending me back will do no good. It was a long walk to the point where we were. I would never get back in time."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"How can we cure you of this blackness?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq didn't know the answer to that question. It wasn't a physical injury, but a spiritual one. "We will have to ask a Shaman, or we could ask the Elders, maybe on of them have experienced this before."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"This is bad news indeed." Ogtuk-luk says. "I am afraid I have failed as protector. Let us pray she can make it back to us safely."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As Ogtuk-luk and Unulaq discuss their plains and failed endevours, Thorrin begins to stir in his sleep. The cloth shirt he wears tares suddenly and a familiar claw shaped black streak appears over Thorrin's right shoulder. The blackness imediately begins to take root in Thorrin's skin shifting and roping about like some dark sea creature.

Sleeping next to Yuralria, Thorrin winces in pain and instinctively reaches for his wounded shoulder. He mumbles something in Norse. Unulaq hears his name somewhere amongst the Norse mumbling. He hears Tornuaq's name as well.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq knelt down beside Thorin, "We should wake him before Nanook gets the better of him. Can you do to him what you did to me?" he asked looking up to Ogtuk-Luk.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"I am not sure waking him is hte best thing for Yuralria. Just as you said, the three of you were engaged in battle with Nanook and removing you from that battle was a bad thing." Ogtuk-luk says. "While I am here to protect Yuralria's body while on the 'other' side, Tornuaq can protect her spirit while other there."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq shook his head and frowned, "You misunderstand the situation. Yuralria was not there. Thorrin an me, the blue lady, many shadow people, and Nanook. I don't know where Yuralria went to, but I suppose she is safe whereever she happened off to."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"What happened to Yuralria? When did you get separated?" Ogtuk-luk says. He grabs another embered stick from the fire. "I used this, to awake you" he says, holding up the stick.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq nodded, understanding and grabbed for another hot-ended stick to try to stir Thorrin before it was too late as he related a brief recap of the story from the other side. "We came upon a cave, coated in black as if something massive and oozing black had squeezed in. We followed and soon found many of these spears with special red-colored stones. Yuralria feared a Shaman hunter was in the cave so I left her with Thorrin to head forward into the cave and search. When I found Nanook, the great white bear, he was covered in black oozing foulness - corrupted the shadow people said. He was not himself and smelled Yuralria I think... so he started charging out the way I came. The blue-skinned lady and myself gave chase, but were too slow. We were cut off by shadow people who thought we were evil, for we sought to care for Nanook and he was clearly acting evil. After we convinced them to hold opposition until we handled Nanook, I continued running and did not make it to Yuralria and Thorrin before she had already disappeared. She must have been there only moments before, for I heard her say something... but it was cut short. Thorrin remained behind and helped me with Nanook by singing some Norse song magic. I joined in and it seemed to be working - just before you woke me up. That left Thorrin alone with Nanook... he is no challenge for the great bear by himself."

Unalaq jabbed at Thorrin's skin with the burning stick in hopes of waking the Norse man up.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As the hot embers touch Thorrin's skin, the Viking bard wakes just as suddenly and disorientated as Unulaq had.

He reaches for Unulaq and embraces him, shouting in his native tongue. Unulaq cannot understand, but the feeling of relief and fear shines through with every foreign word.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq smiled and clapped his hand on the Norse man's shoulder, relieved as well. He held up a forefinger between them and then pointed to the black markings on his shoulder. He asks, knowing he wouldn't be understood, "Have you seen this before?" Unalaq then exposed his own chest and the black marking there. There was a sense of concern in his eyes. He wondered if this is how it began ... slowly eating you from the inside until you were as corrupted as Nanook.

Return to “Chapter 4 : Spirit and Scramasax”