Ogtuk-Luk - Loyal Protector

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Ogtuk-Luk - Loyal Protector

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ogtuk-Luk watches helplessly as the Viking Thorrin, Unulaq and Yuralria shake and moan for whatever stresses they are experiencing in the Spirit World. Kadzit watches them carefully with what Ogtuk-Luk can only suspect was concern for Ogtuk-luk's charges.

Then Kadzit's acute senses picks up on an approaching figure and he stands to attention, staring intently on the Shaman Hut's entrance.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

Noticing the change in Kadzit's demeanor: "What is it, Wise One? Who approaches?" Ogtuk-Luk lays his spear at his side and picks up his bow. He nocks and arrow and readies the weapon to fire should an enemy appear in the door way.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The tent flap on the Shaman's Hut begins to slowly pull aside. Ogtuk-Luk knows that everyone in the village knows that it is forbidden for anyone Dorset to enter the Shaman's Hut without the permission of the Elders or the Shaman.

ooc - Spot Hidden Roll please.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Staring intently at the flap, Ogtuk-Luk says sternly: "Show yourself and identify yourself!" He draws his bow back, preparing to fire.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ogtuk-luk spots a pair of seal skinned boots peeking their way from beneath the flap. When he shouts an older voice answers. Ogtuk-luk recognizes it right away to be the venerable Dorset hunter Qannaq.

Hold Protector!

Qannaq opens the flap and is careful not ot step in. He has always been respectful of the Shaman's rules even though he was clearly spying. His eyes flash immediately to the Ijiraat Fox.

So it is true! I tracked the ijiraat dog to this tent. Explain yourself!
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ogtuk-Luk lowers his bow.
"Why were you sulking about, Qunnaq? These are dangerous times and the safety of our Shaman is of the upmost importance."Motioning towards the Kadzit, he continues: " This is Kadzit, one of the wise Ijiraat. I have checked her for the brand of the white man's corrupting god and she does not have one. She is safe. Now come in, and warm yourself. You say you tracked the fox here?"
Ogtuk-Luk sets his bow down and picks up his spear again: ever vigilant while the Shaman is in danger.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Elders were concerned there was an Ijiraat in the village. Normally I would disagree with their caution. Little do our people pay attention to the comings and goings of our own village. There is often one of your kind amongst us is this not true Kadzit?

Kadzit smiles and nods.

It is true hunter. We enjoy watching you children fumble around. Your courtships are particularly amusing. We mean you no harm.

Qannaq continues.

The Thule boy who can speak with the white man brought your new Ijiraat friend to us. I tracked him from the hut we were using to care for the boy.

ooc- The "Thule" are the neghboring Eskimos that live on the coast. Your tribe lives at the base of the mountains. You saw the Thule village burning off in the distance during the combing ceremony. The Vikings attacked them first.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Is the boy hurt?" Ogtuk-Luk says with concern
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Qannaq shakes his head.

No the Elder's are using him to communicate with the whiteman Faroo anad Mannitok hunted. He hid the Ijiraat from us.

Kadzit smiles poking fun at Qannaq.

In plain sight no less!

Qannaq returns the smile, although begrudgingly.

Yes! In plain sight.... Heh Heh! I'm sure the boy meant no harm but these are strange times Ogtuk-luk. If the rune has bound the boy to the white men, then we have much to fear from anything he calls friend.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"I agree that we cannot be too carefully, wise hunter. In these dangerous times we must be vigilant and band together. Please, stay and warm yourself. Together we are stronger and better able to protect our people."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Qannaq nods and sits keeping an obvious and careful eye on Kadzit. The three sit in confortable silence as Dorset men often do. Qannaq takes out a piece of ivory and begin to carve. It looks like the hunter is carving a spear head shaped like an armored man.

Then the silence is broken by Unulaq who wimpers through clenched teeth.

Nanoook! Loki is your enemy!

Then Thorrin, the friendly Viking, cries out.

Nooooo!

Followed almost immediately by the Shaman's cry...

Unulaq! Waaaaaaake up!

Qannaq stands, his carving knife in hand and looks warily at Ogtuk-luk. He clearly does not know what to make up the night terrors his friends are having.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Heeding the Saman's cry, Ogtuk-Luk moves to wake Unulaq. He grabs him by the shoulders and shakes him in an attempt to wake him up.

OOC: Unulaq is not the Shaman, right? If so, I do not want to wake the Shaman.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - there are three people sleeping. Unulaq the hunter, Thorrin the Viking the Dorset tribe recently befriended, and Yuralria the Shaman. It will take a bit to get used to the names.

ooc- make an idea check.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC - Still waiting on the result of my idea roll.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- Idea roll = Fire.

As Ogtuk-Luk shakes Unulaq, three black streaks suddenly carve themselves deeply over Unulaq's chest. The Dorset hunter screams in agony.

Qannaq's eyes dart nervously from the Ijiraat Fox to Ogtuk-luk. He clearly wishes that he was not here to witness this supernatural event.

What is happening brother! Is Unulaq...

Qannaq backs up a few steps towards the Shaman Hut's entrance. He has the look of a rabbit about to dart away.

The Ijiraat Fox however remains calm and shouts out words of encouragement to Ogtuk-luk.

Help him guardian. You know what you must do.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Is there some information Ogtuk-Luk might have to wake him up as a protector? Is there somethign specific I need to ahve him do that I don't know about but he would know?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - did you get my pm... Burn baby! Burn!
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Was this meant for this thread?

Ogtuk-Luk remains calm. The knows, deep down, that the valiant hunter is doing battle in the spirit world and may be the only thing able to protect the Shamman in her dangerous journey.
"Fight, brother. Fight your way back to us" he says aloud.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- hahah.. I was wondering where that post went. lol

Ogtuk-luk's words echoe through the hut as the Shaman's fire burns dimly at its center. Qannaq grabs hold of the the Shaman Protector's shoulder.

Look Ogtuk-Luk!

The Black streaks on Unulaq's chest begin to twist and writhe, expanding in strange arcs like ink on hide.

The Ijiraat Fox Kadzit yelps and scampers out of the Hut into the snow as if he has seen a ghost.

Qannaq's eyes follow the fox and looks back to Ogtuk-luk.

I... I must follow the Ijiraat. I... Will they be....

Qannaq simply nods and looks grimly at his unconscious tribesmen, sweating and shaking around the fire. He turns and runs after the white fured fox with the glowing red eyes.

Return to “Chapter 4 : Spirit and Scramasax”