Yuralria's Report to the Elders (Yuralria)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Yuralria's Report to the Elders (Yuralria)

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Elder Elder Sikuak who has remained quietly finally speaks, asking for the Shaman's council.

How do you propose to dispose of this witch Shaman? She sounds dangerous!
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Re: Yuralria's Report to the Elders (Yuralria)

Post by trixie »

Yuralria bites her lip, wishing that Unulaq had stayed for the words she was about to speak next. And yet, she knew they would only fiercely anger him. That is a conversation I'll have to save for another time...

"Well, the witch appears to be after our guest, Thorrin. He is an important person in amongst his people, it seems. There are only three others like him, that can sing a magical chant, and it's he the witch seeks. I'm not sure why she needs him so badly, but according to Sedna, she'll stop at nothing to get him."

Yuralria sits down, feeling dismayed at the future of this once strong and virile tribe, "Perhaps we can lure her out. Convince Unulaq to take Thorrin after the chief. I'm not sure. One way or another, we have to get rid of Thorrin, or nothing we will do will keep the witch and her norsemen away. They will kill and pillage to get him. And if we protect him, it will be all the worse for us. Sedna herself grieves for us at this point. We stand at the crossroads of a very difficult time ahead."

Yuralria looks pointedly at each Elder, "Unulaq will fight next to Thorrin like a brother. The two will be near impossible to separate. And I fear he may ignore what's best for his people in this situation. Thorrin saved his life, and he feels he owes his back in return. I'm unsure of how to tell him so, and fear he won't even listen.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Elders stare at Yurlaria for a long moment before breaking the silence. Elder Sikiuk speaks calmly.

You are certain… The Norsemen come for their brother Thorrin? If we must force him to leave, Unulaq will surely follow as you have suggested Shaman. We cannot afford to lose Unulaq now… We would have him be chief in Kalituk’s stead in hopes he could lead us away from these terrible dangers. If Unulaq refuses to take the spear, it will fall to Arrluk who is neither ready nor competent enough for this sacred duty. How would you council us Shaman

Yes what would you have us do?
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Yuralria fidgets, racking her brain for an immediate answer, however nothing seems to pop into her head.

"I....I'm not sure. We can't resort to force, however tempting it may be. "
she laughs nervously, then flshes them a worrisome look as though unsure if they would take her suggestion seriously. "I suppose I will need to consult the gods for more guidance. Please, tell no one of this conversation for now. We will need Unulaq and Thorrin to know nothing about it. Especiallly be wary of your attitude towards them. They should sense no mistrust or unsurity in any of us for now."
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Elders smile approvingly. Elder Makiituk rises and bows his head.

Then you will attempt to walk in the spirit world Yuralria. Good! Our tribe has long been without a Shaman who could safely navigate those strange lands. Safe journey and beware the Shadow Bear.

Return to “Chapter 4 : Spirit and Scramasax”