Page 1 of 1

The Skraeling ( Gaeirmund, Gudrun, Ingvar)

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:35 pm
by DSIGFUSS
After Gaeirmund had knocked the Skraeling down, Logain had quickly moved in to examine the Eskimo and ensure that Captain Gunharr’s orders were followed.

Nice work Gaeirmund! Now back away skags! This Skraeling dog’s for the captain.

Logain drags the Eskimo back down the hill and drops him roughly at the Captain’s feet.

Captain Gunharr takes his sword and begins prodding the Skraeling’s furs, searching for something until finally a wide unnatural grin crosses his face.

Ahhhh! There it is lads. The scramasax. The little Skraeling bastard found it!

Captain Gunharr removes the Eskimos fur belt and a long sheathed scramasax falls to the snow. He holds any greedy Vikings back with his gloved hand.

Don’t touch it boys! It’s chosen it’s vessel most carefully. Don’t expect it will take kindly to intruders. That there dagger’s one mean magical mother fucker! Harr!

Logain who seems to know more on the subject than the oarsmen present pulls at his beard.

I thought the Bard Thorrin held this knife Gunharr? This Skraeling must have killed him for it… savage that he is!

ooc- For those of you not familiar with Bards. Alrik (played by pianoman) was the Icebreaker’s bard. Thorrin was the bard on the first ship. There is one more bard coming on the third and final ship. Bards combine song and rune to create magical effects that aid Vikings in combat and morale.

Re: The Skraeling ( Gaeirmund, Gudrun, Ingvar)

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:54 pm
by She Devil
Gudrun stares openly at the eskimo laying in the snow, then leans down to interrogate him. "Thought you could keep it from us! Thought we wouldn't know? Did you kill him! You did didn't you!" He reaches for his sword, then thinks better of it and lets his hand relax, looking uncertainly at the Captain afterwards.

After a moment he realizes the eskimo couldn't possibly know what he was saying, and his face breaks into a toothy grin. "What now captain! Can we tie him up and take our vengeance from his flesh! I'd be happy to do your bidding, if you choose it! A little fun don't come around too often in these parts!" He straightens, and smiles at Ingvar and Logain, then the smile falls self consiously.

"What......I just thought we could have a lit'l fun is all..." He kicks at the snow and furrows his brow.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:41 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The Skraeling doesn't move as Gudrun shouts his unpleasnatries. His eyes flutter behind his lids. It appears as though the Inuit man is dreaming.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:39 pm
by She Devil
"What! You ignorin' me!" Gudrun pokes him in the ribs, and if he still doesn't respond, he starts to tap his cheeks. "'Ey! Ey you!"

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:12 am
by Basketvector
"Ah look... he's dreaming I think. Look at him. All cozy."

"Pssst. Skraeling, wake up." Ingvar nudges him with his foot. "You've got to show us back to your village!"
Ingvar cracks him on the head with the blunt end of his axe.

(6 damage) 1d10=2, 1d6=4

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:42 am
by She Devil
"Ohhhh! Yaaaa...good one!" Gudrun grins, pleased with the company in his heckling. "We should tie him up by his hands and feet. If 'e's gonna lay there dreamin, may as well 'ave some fun with it."

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:56 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Gaermund looks carefully at the man.
"Thought the knife was supposed to lead us somehow...we can tie this guy to the horses. He'll make a good slave back home - he won't die in the cold like southern slaves. We just have to remember to tie both legs to the same horse."

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:07 pm
by She Devil
"Awww...don't take all the fun outta it," Gudrun grins, and begins to tie his legs together. "C'mon Ingvar, heave ho! Gaermund, get the horse ready. This skraeling's gonna be fun to toy with. We can throw our cleaned bones at him if he chooses to be insolent. Starvation has a way of changing a man."

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:13 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Gudrun binds the skraeling’s legs as Captain Gunharr and Logain approach.
The Captain eyes the Eskimo’s Viking dagger.

That’s’ the scramasax we’re after alright! None of you touch it lads. It’s magic is old and powerful…. Unpredictable. Keep it on the Skraeling’s belt for now. He’ll be needing it if’n he’s too lead us to Asgard.

After a short time Hildegarr walks up behind the captain and stares longingly at the prisoner.

Eaaaaat! Skrling!

Then Gunharr pushes him to the side.

Back you damned abomination. The Skraeling is mine. Set camp lads. We’ll be needing to have words with this one. I’ve me own magic that’ll see to that.

Hildegarr backs away and stands close to Ingvar.

Ingvvvvrrrr! Oddddlog!

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:33 am
by Basketvector
Ingvar helps the men hoist the captive onto the horse. That'll hold 'em. If that dagger's magical, then maybe it'll lead us to the native village.

He leans over to Gaeirmund. "I don't know what these zombies eat, but I'm feeling quite peckish. We better find that village or die out here - we'll keep the skraeling alive allright, he may not lead us anywhere, but he'll make good eating if it comes to that."
Ingvvvvrrrr! Oddddlog!
Ingvar shakes his head, forlornly. He didn't actually know what happened to Oddlog, but was happy to ruin Hildegarr's day.

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:35 pm
by She Devil
Gudrun smirks at Ingvar's words as he helps lift the man on the horse, and laughs out loud.

"Ha! Eat this scrawny bugger! I think there's plenty o things we could do with 'im without resortin' to knawing on his bones, don't you! Perhaps the witch can speak to him in his tongue. We'll find the village one way or another."

He straps the man on to the horse's saddle and secures the ropes.

He looks at the scramasax and his eyes glaze over, as though entranced. He puts his hand out to hover over top of it, eyeing the captain carefully.

"Captain...please....just for a moment! I just want to touch it! Promise, I won't pick it up."

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:59 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Gaeirmund's heard this kind of thing before, usually before fights.

"Why, Gudrun? You got some kind of knive fetish?"

Then he turns to Ingvar.

"I've had worse, but he's worth more as a slave than food. It is good knowing we have another choice if the food runs out, though."

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:08 pm
by DSIGFUSS
As the Vikings argue amongst themselves on what to do with the captured Skraeling, he awakens with a frustrated sigh and looks about impatiently.

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:05 pm
by She Devil
Mi-Go Agent wrote:"Why, Gudrun? You got some kind of knive fetish?"
Gudrun shakes his head, blinks his eyes, and sighs. "Naw, it just looks so purty is all. An' why is it so special anyways. I just wanna know." He puts his hand down, regardless though.

"Aw look, the beauty's awake. This should be fun. Eh skraeling! You wanna tell us how you found that knife o yours!" Gudrun motions at the knife and points, then gestures to the man as though drawing a line between them.

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:39 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Gaeirmund looms over the skraeling, fidgetting with the massive warhammer in his hands. He grins without mirth but with teeth.

"He's a foreigner - they don't think right, sometimes."

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:28 am
by DSIGFUSS
Captain Gunharr approaches the bound Skraeling and puts a hand on his forhead.

Good work men. We need this one to guide us to Asgard lads... but We will need his tongue to cooperate first.

Gunharr pulls out a long scramasax of his own and scrawls a rune onto the Skraeling's neck. He then whispers a few words in an old Norse language practiced mainly by witches and bards.

He stands back and glares at the skraeling.

Where did you find that knife skraeling?

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:47 am
by Andrew
Tornuaq lifted his head and took a few deep breaths, "Skraeling? What's that? Are you talking about me? As for the knife, well it washed upon the shore I supose. Sedna purges her waters of all sorts of junk... why that's why you're here I guess. Sedna throwing her trash on the shores." He then braced himself for the beating he knew was coming.

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:50 pm
by Mi-Go Agent

"The Skraeling speaks Norse like a real man! Is that your magic, Gunharr?" Gaeirmund is too surprised to be insulted.

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:02 pm
by She Devil

Gudrun had never claimed to be levelheaded and can't hold his anger like Gaeirmund, so he belts the man once in the side of the head. He falls on him, pulling his tongue out of his mouth and holds his dagger to it, so that the man can feel the cold blade against him, and perhaps the warm saltiness of his own blood.

"You'll mind your tongue or lose it, skraeling! Answer the captain! Where'd you get the knife!"

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:36 am
by Andrew
"Kill me. You kill me or cut out my tongue and I won't be able to talk or lead you anywhere. Hit me again and I'll make sure to kill you personally." Tornuaq said with a sadistic smile. They wanted him for something and he knew it. "Also clean the whale blubber out of your ears, I already said where I found the knife. You don't hear to well do you?"

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:40 am
by Basketvector

Ingvar smiles a long toothy grin, amused at the insolence of their captive.

"I heard Skraelings were cowards... but this one seems to have a spine. GOOD! You don't get to Vahalla just by skewering the young and the old. RIGHT MEN? ...I just hope their women put up as much fight. " HAAARRR HAR... heh.

"How 'bout it Skraeling? Where's your village? I didn't sail through the icy wastes to chat with the likes of you... so tell me where your village is, where the WOMEN are" he says, leaning in "or the zombie king can find hemself a new pet."

"My father's axe longs for the taste of native blood"

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:15 am
by DSIGFUSS
Captain Gunharr moves forward patting Ingvar on the shoulder.

Easy lad. Let the man savage speak. He must be right scared of the lot of yah by now!

Gunharr gets in real close to Tornuaq. He whispers, but Ingvar, Gaeirmund and Gudrun can all hear what he says to the Eskimo prosoner.

So you’ve seen something in that Skraeling mind of yours have you? Tell us… where won’t you be leading us if I were to let me boys cut out your tongue.

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:05 pm
by She Devil
"Captain! I can make that skraeling talk! I just need a tent and some time alone with him. By the time I'm done with 'im, he'll be beggin' for mercy!"

Gudrun smiles a sadistic grin and stares at the stranger with cold icy eyes.

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:57 am
by Andrew
Tornuaq rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "And you call me savage." He clears his throat and says, "Well for starters there isn't a chance I'm leading you to my village. I killed a few of yours already after I saw what you did to the Thule and will gladly die any death to save my people. However if you wish to go to the mountains to visit your Asgard you had to ask. There's no reason to treat a guide with such hostilities."

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:55 am
by Basketvector
Ingvar rubs his beard, weighing what Skraeling said...
"Hmmmm..."

He finally shakes his head, "No, I think I like Gudrun's idea better."

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:50 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Captain Gunharr's eyes widen when Tornuaq says the name of the ancient Viking home of the gods. He pushes everyone aside to get closer to him.

Quiet boys… Asgard? Have you seen it then Skraeling? Can you see the mountain as the prophesies said. Can you lead us there?

As Gunharr speaks excitedly with Tornuaq, Tristan (the mountaineer) approaches Ingvar and Gaeirmund.

The mountains…. No wonder they insisted I come along on this journey. They told us this was to be a simple raid. They never intended to colonize Helluland did they? Melkorka and the other witches were leading us to the mountains all along.

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:41 pm
by Andrew
Tornuaq's eyes shift over to the new comer, he doubted the treatment from him would be any better but he was at least still in one piece if only because of this Blue Man. "Yes I can take you to the mountains and lead you to Asgard but I do ask what's this all about? The more knowledge I gain the easier it is for me to focus on where to go. Is Melkorka and the other witches like shamans? Hmm... Suppose you wouldn't know what a shaman is. Are they woman who talk to the Gods?"

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:44 pm
by She Devil
"He asks too many questions!" Gudrun bellows, "Captain! A little time to show him who's boss, it's all I ask!" He grins, "You know he's lying...he's only telling you what you want to hear for information!!"

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:04 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"Wait...he killed some Norsemen already? This skraeling? If he isn't the world's dumbest boaster then he's a slimy trickster. Gudrun, you're right about those questions; he want to know everything he can about us so he can forge some sneaky little Loki-style plan and make us all wake up with daggers in our eyes."

Gaeirmund looks harshly at the skraeling.

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:58 pm
by Andrew
Tornuaq shrugged, "If you say so but don't expect to go to Asgard easily if at all then, doesn't matter what you do to me, things work the way they work."

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:04 am
by Basketvector
Ingvar growls, and eyes the newcomer.

"Cool it boys... this one's our meal ticket."

"You remember our deal Gunharr? You dead piece of shit.. More gold than we can carry." "AND THE WOMEN GUNHARR. DONT FORGET THE WOMEN!!!"

"How much gold will i find at ASS-gard, Skraeling?" He points at him with his axe.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:08 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"Things work they way they work ? That's the one thing I can never say nae to. And if you've killed Vikings mebbe you are a real man. Anyone got an idea how to get to Asgard before Ragnarok?"

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:34 pm
by She Devil
Mi-Go Agent wrote:" Anyone got an idea how to get to Asgard before Ragnarok?"
Gudrun shrugs, and waits for any suggestions.

"Aw c'mon!" he moans to himself, kicking the snow with frustration.

"Bloody skraeling's hidin somthing!"

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:10 pm
by Andrew

"I'm pretty sure I'm not hiding anything. I mean I do have questions but I doubt I'll get answers." Tornuaq stated.

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:37 am
by DSIGFUSS
Captain Gunharr lowers his scramasax and cuts Tornuaq's hands and feet free from the ropes binding him. He lifts the skraeling off the horse with little strain to his undead bones. The captain reaks of stale sea water and he whispers in the Dorset Hunter's ear so all can hear.

Melkorka is a powerful hag much like your own Shaman. Though her skills in the god's craft pale in comparison to the witch Melkorka. The Gods laugh at your Shaman from their mountain crypt. You have seen it haven't you? through the knife? You've seen Mount Odin.

Tristan moves in closer... and nudges Gaeirmund.

Mount Odin? There is no such place. Odin dwells in the halls of Valhalla in Asgard.

Gunharr continues to speak softly to Tornuaq.

Tell me Skraeling. Have you held the scramasax long enough to feel the mountain itself? To learn it's secrets?

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:32 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Gaeirmund looks at Tristan.

"Important guy. Probably got a mountain named after him sooner or later. I want to hear what this Skraeling has to say - anyone who's seen Asgard is someone."

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:54 am
by Andrew
Tornuaq stood and rubbed his wrists, looking out onto the tundra but shook his head and looked away. Instead he glanced at the others around him and looked at the Blue Man. "I do not doubt that your... Melkorka would laugh at our shaman's powers, she is new to being a shaman and half the tribe does not trust her, the elders are always bickering about her. She loves a man in our village and it is forbidden and her head is always in the clouds, why I doubt that Kirima would know a whale song from the song of the Gods." Tornuaq grit his teeth and held back the anger but he added in more of a shout. "My people need guidance from a real shaman, not some silly girl! Even before you Northmen came my tribe needed guidance from the Gods!"

Tornuaq spat in the snow and paced in a small circle, he was angry but was not stupid enough to think of running and did not want his captures to think that either. "I have felt power course through my veins since I have held the scramasax, I have seen things that before I would never know about. Passages through the mountain, a giant tree, a powerful white bear, a huge axe that shines as does your weapons, a bridge, a long building... I have heard whispers of great power but I admit I do not know what these things mean. The scramasax does not tell me the meaning, only just shows me visions."

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:17 pm
by She Devil
"Looks like you found your women, Ingvar." Gudrun mutters as he listens to the skraeling's words.

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:58 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Gaeirmund is impressed by the force of the skraeling's anger and his description of visions.

"Looks like we've caught us a man after all," he says softly, "and now we can go catch some other types."

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:45 am
by DSIGFUSS
Captain Gunharr grins wide from ear to ear. Miniscule crustaceans dance about the spaces in his teeth.

You let me worry about the meaning of your vision Skraeling. Now hold the knife in your hands and tell me what you see. Focus on the mountain and the scramasax will show you the path.

The remaining Vikings crowd around, all eyes on Tornuaq the Dorset Hunter.

Tristan, the mountaineer, seems very apprehensive and calls out to any who would listen.

Do you trust this man? He will lead us to our deaths if he is to be our guide into the mountains. You must see this.

None of the other Vikings seem to pay Tristan any mind and stare intently at the interaction between their undead Captain and Tornuaq.

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:59 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"You fear death too much, Tristan," Gaeirmund mutters, his eyes not leaving Tornuaq.

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:22 pm
by She Devil
"Ay, he has too much power with no threat to his life! Cap'n! Once more I beg you! The skraeling, a dark tent and a weapon of torture! I beg you!"

Gudrun feels at this point that he's pushing the envelope but grins all the same at the notion of it.

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:26 am
by DSIGFUSS
Captain Gunharr holds out his arms between Tornuaq and his Viking soldiers, giving Tornuaq some breathing room.

Silence boys. Let the Skraeling speak. Hold the knife.... Captain Ingvar closes his eyes for a moment. Tor-nu-aq!
The gods speak often of you Tornuaq. Now hold your knife before I let my.. man Gudrun have his pleasantries with you.

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:18 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"It is never a good idea to torture one who sees visions of the gods. You'll get us all turned into hogs or something, Gudrun." Gaeirmund rasps, making a superstitious gesture with one hand.

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:47 pm
by Andrew
Tornuaq swallowed hard, he didn't like the idea of being tortured, wasn't even sure what tortured meant but it was obvious the one called Gudrun was blood thirsty and sadistic. Pulling the scramasax from his belt, Tornuaq closed his eyes and began to concentrate on the mountains, particularly the mountain and the path the scramasax had shown him before.

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:05 am
by Basketvector
Ingvar glances back and forth nervously, at Tristan, at Tornuaq.
A captain corpse, a Skaeling who speaks in Nordic tongue, and visions from the gods. When will this devilry cease?

Growing impatient, he prods the native with the butt of his axe, "THE GOLD SKRAELING... WHERE IS THE GOLD? ASK THE KNIFE!!!"

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:40 am
by Andrew
Tornuaq rubbed his stomach, grateful it was the blunt end of the weapon he got prodded with and said, "The gold, the destination in general has been shown to me. A river my people know, now flows in the opposite direction that it once did. We must follow this river, it is this path we must take if we are to successfully navigate the treacherous Mount Odin."

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:56 am
by Mi-Go Agent
"And how is the mount treacherous, seer?"

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:58 pm
by She Devil
"A river? Flowing in the opposite direction! Horseshit! If you take us on a wild goose chase....I swear...." Gudrun snarls at the skraeling, shaking his fist.

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:47 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Tristan looks at Gaeirmund and winces...

We need no seer to know that these mountains will be treacherous Gaeirmund. In the heart of winter, a simple hill could prove deadly. As for this skraeling river... I will have to see it for myself.

Captain Gunharr smiles wide, pleased with Tornuaq's cooperation and rthen turns to adress the host of Vikings.

A thank yah Skraeling! Ready your trinkets lads... We make for the cursed river!

Captain Gunharr then points to Gudrun.

Watch the Skraeling Gudrun. If he escapes... It's on your head, Do you understand?

Tristan walks with Gaeirmund and puts an arm around his shoulder.

ooc- Mi-go see pm.

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:53 pm
by Andrew
Tornuaq shrugged, "I'm not quite stupid enough to try to escape so you have an easy job on your hands."

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:46 pm
by She Devil
"Aw, now don't take all my fun away. Just go ahead and try, skraeling. It'd be a pleasure to hunt you down." He grins at him, then nudges him in the back with his fist. "Get moving!"

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:13 pm
by Andrew
Tornuaq looked at the one who just shoved him with a look of disdain and said, "You do know that when I have a chance, I'm killing you first right? So far you Vikings are alright but you are walrus blubber."

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:17 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The Vikings quickly settle themselves into a slow march across the snowy plains of Helluland.

Tornuaq takes the lead followed closely by his jailor Gudrun. Ingvar and Gaeirmund find themselves in the center of the group of Vikings with Tristan and a few other oarsmen. Captain Gunharr, Logain and the zombified Hildegarr take up the rear. To the right, the venerable Broddi scans the horizon atop his Viking steed. They are only a few miles off when the sounds of wolves holwling off in the distance causes Broddi to stop and raise his hand in alert.

ooc- Gudrun and Tornuaq please roll spot hidden checks.

ooc- Ingvar and Gaeirmund please roll luck checks.

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:54 pm
by She Devil
Gudrun stops and looks, but he can't seem to tell what Broddi is looking at. "What? What is it!" He cranes his neck, "Skraeling is this your little trick!"

OC Failed that spot hidden http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1964406/

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:57 pm
by Mi-Go Agent

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:58 pm
by Andrew
OOC: Rolled 34, passed.

Tornuaq looked around and spotted what was to be seen.

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:57 am
by Andrew
Seeing the Qallupilluk, Tornuaq shouted a warning to the viking. He hoped with that small gesture he would gain some small respect from these people but he doubted that it would.

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:13 am
by Basketvector
Ingvar's eyes are sharp, like a hawk.

"Well well, what do we have here?"

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:58 am
by DSIGFUSS
Everyone spots the shadow as it moves under the ice. A creature covered in thick dark scales with a long protruding nose and dark claws crashes through snow and ice and grips onto the warhorse Broddi was riding. It begins to pull the Viking and the horse into the water as both struggle to stop it.

Then, due to the Skraeling's call, Gaeirmund senses movement beneath his own feet and the ice begin to crack above a large shadow in the ice.

Ingvar spots a similar Shadow dart past him towards Tristan and Logain.

ooc- Gaeirmund roll dodge. Everyone else, please roll initiative and state your actions.

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:48 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Gaeirmund tries to move, but has great difficulty

(By the way, I passed my spot hidden roll, so why the special treatment?)

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:38 pm
by Andrew
Tornuaq stays put, weaponless and being a prisoner he decides it's up to his captures to protect him... unless told otherwise.

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:32 pm
by She Devil
Gudrun grabs Tornuaq from behind and begins to back away. "What is that! What kind of devil land is this anyways!"

OC What kind of rules do you play with for init. rolled a d20 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1987768/

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:50 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - no special treatment. :) Two of the creatures were getting a surprise attack. You got a dodge and were not caught flat footed. My writing may have been confusing but it all worked out accordingly.

ooc- Gudrun, Initiative is determined by rolling 1d10 and adding it to your DEX score.

On the invisible castle site, your roll should look like this.

1d10, 1d100, 1d100, 1d8, 1d4

Initiative, Strike, parry, damage, damage bonus.

The numbers may vary depending on your weapon and Strength bonus. By making all of the possible rolls, it speeds things up considerably. You may not need all of the rolls but at least they are all there in case you hit.

Now that we are in combat mode I would ask that everyone posts at least every other day. If two days pass between posts I will make the rolls for those of you that have not posted. It's not a big deal either. If you miss a combat round, you miss a combat round.

Starting now.... :)

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:55 pm
by DSIGFUSS

The creature leaps out of the ice and swings wildly at Gaeirmund. His clawed hand passes harmlessly over Gaeirmund's head as he fumbles and falls to the ground, his hammer out and to the ready.

ooc- OK Inits and strike, parry, damage rolls for everyone.

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:36 pm
by She Devil

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:42 pm
by Mi-Go Agent

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:48 pm
by Andrew
Tornuaq replies, "Those guys are Qallupilluk or Child-Snatchers, legends say they are marine creatures of the cold arctic waters. The Qallupilluk is a child-snatcher. No one knows why they love to take children. They hide in the ocean, waiting for children to play alone on the beach or near the breaking ice. Usually the Qallupilluk jump out of the water and grab children without any warning. Sometimes, however, you can hear them knocking under the ice."

He scratched his head and thought for a bit and added, "However they are acting a bit strange from what the stories say. I mean it is obvious that you people are not children so why they are attacking you is very odd indeed. Perhaps they see you as competitors or a danger to their way of life. Honestly and no offense meant but I can't really complain that they're attacking. Even if they kill me as well I do hope they slaughter the lot of you." Tornuaq shrugged, it was true after all.

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:34 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Gudron is first to act, hacking at one of the three"Qallupilluk" that had positioned itself so close to Ingvar. The creature hardly notices the blow as Gudrun's sword is mainly deflected by the thick black scales of the creature's armoured hide. Still, his sword finds flesh and small splatterings of greenish blue blood dot the snow around him.

Then Gaeirmund brings his hammer down onto the back of the Qallupilluk that had just clumsily missed him. His hammer seems twice as edffective as Gudrun's sword, stunning the creature for a short moment.

Tristan and two of the others draw their bows, but pick no targets as every one of the creatures seems to be engaged in close combat with their comrades.

Captain Gunharr calls to Logain..

Logain.. Protect the Skraeling!

Logain charges across the ice and stops at Tornuaq's side. He hands the Skraeling his sword.

Don't try anything stupid Skraeling. We'll find you.

Then the Qallupilluk's swing wildly at their attackers. Gaeirmund raises his hammer in defense and with a savagery, kindred to his race, knocks the black clawed hand aside. The creature hisses...

Gudrun, however is not so lucky as a clawed hand rakes across his mid section, chipping at his chain mail as if the armour were made of bark. The claws find their mark and the Qallipulluk removes a large chunk from belly. Gudrun you take 7 damage.

Broddi dives off his horse as the Qallupilluk drags the beast into the frigid waters of the Arctic sea. Half immersed in the hole the Qallupilluk had made, Broddi scrambles at the edge of the ice in a frenzied panic. The venerable Viking cries for help.

I'm sinking Ingvar! Help me!

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:26 am
by Andrew
Tornuaq stabs the sword into the snow and ice and looks at the viking by his side. "You're friend there is going to die if you don't help him. Getting trapped under the ice is a death sentence and no way for a man to die if you ask me. I'll stay here and you go help him, I'm not going anywhere." That said Tornuaq crossed his legs and sat down, he began to pile snow in front of himself and started rolling it into a ball.

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:01 pm
by She Devil
"Auuuuuugh!" Gudrun bellows, leaning over his belly protectively. He winces in pain, snarling at the Qallipuk. "Die vermin!"

OC Init http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1996361/ = 18
Strike http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1996362/ = 45
Parry http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1996364/ = 68 OH NOOOOO
Damage http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1996365/ = 2
Damage bonus http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1996366/ = 4

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:11 pm
by Mi-Go Agent

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:18 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - Sorry guys. We're gonna wait one more day for Basketvector. He's been away in Tasmania.

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:21 am
by Basketvector
"BY THE GODS!!!"

Ingvar snaps out of a daze.
"BRODDI !!!" He lunges forward, sliding across the ice on his stomach.
"I'VE GOT YOU BROTHER!!!" He reaches out a hand and tries to pull Broddi out of the water.

"SKRAELING~!!! GET OVER HERE AND HELP ME OR I'LL CHEW YOUR FACE OFF!"

oc. I guess I need a strength roll here? I'll give you a d100 and d20 just in case.
1d100=34, 1d20=10

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:30 pm
by Andrew
Tornuaq looked around at all the shouting and shrugged, he thought he heard skraeling but wasn't quite sure who said it or why. Either their faces were to the enemy or maybe in the snow or ice. Tornuaq finished making the snowball and hurled it at one of the vikings, he wasn't sure which, in all that metal skin and stuff they did tend to all look alike.

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:05 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Gaeirmund crashes his hammer down onto the Quallipuk's shoulder and the beast crumples to the ice. His thick black scales cushions the monster from the deadly strike, but he still appears dazed and confused.( 5 damage) Still moving and spitting bile at his enemies, the Quallipuk slashes wildly at Gaeirmund but the Viking bat its claws away with his hammer.

Gudrun stabs at the Quallipuk giving him a hard time. His blade finds its mark but Gudrun just can't get the leverage he needs to pierce the creature's scaley hide. (1 damage) A smile crosses the creatures lips as Gudrun overswings and is unable to raise his sword back up to parry the Quallipuk's clawed attack. The Quallipuk rakes his claws over Gudrun's chest and throat. (rolled a 3) (8 damage) Gudrun's shriek carries across the battlefield as he spins and falls unconscius (or perhaps dead) to the snow. The Quallipuk turns to face Tristan and two other Viking archers as they raise their bows and let their arrows fly. The arrows bounce harmlessly off the Quallipuk's scales.

Ingvar grabs hold of Broddi's hand and begins to pull him out of the icey water. The horse the Viking was riding quickly disappears beneath into the sea. Ingvar pulls Brodi more than half way out when the Quallipuk returns for its prey.
The Quallipuk grabs onto Broddi's legs and begins to overpower Ingvar. The Viking Oarsman is quickly losing ground until Logain rushes to Ingvar's side and grabs hold of his other arm. The combined strength of the two Vikings seems to equal that of the Quallipuk and a stalemate quickly evolves.

ooc- Ingvar STR resistance check 1d100

ooc- Tornuaq makes the keeper laugh out loud.

ooc- Gaeirmund actions please.

ooc- Gudrun... You are in big trouble. No actions for you! Sorry!

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:10 am
by Basketvector
Ingvar wracks his brain for the appropriate Nordic curse.

"OUTTA THE WATER YOU FAT OLD MAN!!! LOGAIN HEAVE!!!"
strength 1d100=72

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:51 pm
by Mi-Go Agent

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:41 pm
by She Devil
"AUUUUUUUUUUGH! AVENGE ME!!!" Gudrun bellows from the flat of his back.

OC That sucks! :evil:

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:37 am
by DSIGFUSS
Ingvar and Logain both pull with all their might and finally free Broddi from the black scaley creature's grasp. It's claws rake deep through Broddi's thighs before letting go and the blood from the wounds sinks deep into the snow all around him. The creature, furious from being denied his kill, leaps out of the water and lands snarling at Ingvar and Logain. It raises it's claws and beckons the Vikings with a long black nailed finger.

Meanwhile Gaeirimund swings wildly with his hammer and loses his footing on the ice. The creature takes advantage of the Viking's fumble and leaps on top of Gaeirmund. Gaeirmund holds his hammer out in front of him and presses the shaft of the weapon to the monster's neck. It spits and hisses at Gaeirmund as it desperately tries to sink it's fangs into the fallen Viking.

Tristan sees Gaeirmund in trouble and moves away from the other archers for a clearer shot. Tristan won't risk the shot on the creature with Gaeirmund so closely entwined. He slings his bow and draws his sword covering the distance in just a few strides. The other Vikings fire a volley at the scaley beast approaching Ingvar and Logain.

Captain Gunharr and his undead manservant Hildegarr, however, seem much more interested in the fallen Gudron than anything else. The blue skinned Viking Captain slowly approached Gudrun while Hildegarr pounded savagely on the foul creature that felled Gudrun. He removed his helmet and smiled....From a distance, Gunharr seemed to be scrawling something on Gudron's face.

ooc - Gaeirmund and Ingvar... Please give me your combat rolls plus a spot hidden roll.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:18 pm
by Mi-Go Agent

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:32 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Gaeirmund does notice somethingduring the combat.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:22 am
by Basketvector
1d10,1d100,1d100,1d10,1d6=[7], [80], [60], [10], [5]

Ingvar will swipe at the son of a bitch crawling out the ice, and swear in Norse.

oc. you can enter the dice rolls in invisible castle all in one line separated by commas (1d10,1d100,1d100... etc)

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:14 am
by DSIGFUSS
Gaeirmund quickly gets his footing back and with one devestating swing of his heavy war hammer, he downs the black scaled monstrosity. The creature slides across the ice and as a trail of green slime follows behind.

Ingvar and Logain charge in to meet the challenge, leaving Broddi to struggle as he crawls away from the brutal melee. Ingvar is first in and swings wild with the full length of his Viking Huscarl. The creature ducks the attack and slashes at Ingvar who keeps the beast at bay with the shaft of his axe. Logain uses the distraction to strike and cuts a gaping wound along it's scaley backside. (7 damage)

Tristan and fires into the crowd of thrashing combatants. One arrow hits the beast square in the chest (6 damage) but his second arrow flies past and sticks [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2066892/]firmly into Ingvar's shoulder(3 damage) Tristan grunts his disappointment before notching another arrow.

Then suddenly one of the archers calls out.

The Skraeling is escaping!

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:33 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Is the creature that was fighting Gaeirmund dead? Or is it the one now fighting Ingvar and Logain? I suppose either way Gaeirmund would try to run after Tornuaq and stop him from escaping, but if he killed his creature he would first give the corpse a heave to make sure it is resting on solid ice (and doesn't slip back into the water) so that he can examine it and maybe take a trophy later.

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:07 am
by Basketvector
Invar bellows in pain, and yanks the arrow out of his shoulder.
TRISTAN YOU SON OF A WHORE, I'M GOING TO BEND YOU OVER FOR THAT!!

Ingvar goes into a berserk rage, charging in close to the beast and slashing madly at it's throat.
1d10,1d100,1d100,1d10,1d6=[9], [79], [64], [9], [4]

Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:06 pm
by DSIGFUSS
With one heave, the thick muscled Viking oarsman pulls the creature onto the ice. The stink is unbearable. It smells like dead flesh soaked in old sea water.

Then Gaeirmund and the remaining Viking archer begin pursuit of their Skraeling prisoner.

oc- Please wait Migo Agent for Andrew to post. I have to find out what he's going to do. Thanks.

Frustrated with his aim and fearful for his life, Tristan draws his long Viking Scramasax. and moves in to help his comrades. Both Logain and Ingvar slash furious at the creature but it's thick black scales stop the Viking steel before it can find flesh. The Creature swings its claws in a terrible arc but Ingvar raises his Huscarl and stops the blow from finding purchase.

Meanwhile... Hildegarr, in all his zombie glory, comes up from behind Ingvar and raises his sword high in the air.

Innnnnghhvr! Ennnngh!

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:23 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Tornuaq has 100 feet on Gaeirmund before the Viking oarsman takes off in pursuit of the Skraeling. The stench of the dead black scaled creature Gaeirmund just heaved across the ice still lingers on the Viking’s armor.

Gaeirmund passes Captain Gunharr leaning over his fallen comrade Gudrun as he begins the chase. The Blue skinned captain has removed a section of Gudrun’s chain armor and had begun to scrawl something in the Viking archers chest.

ooc- Spot Hidden roll for Gaeirmund please.

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:49 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Gaeirmund istoo intent on the escapee to notice anything.

"Get back here! Those idiots weren't going to actually torture you!" he shouts after the fleeing native.

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:56 am
by Basketvector
"GNeEEEAHHHH!!" As corpsey Hildegarr comes at him Ingvar squeals in horror like he just found a centipede wrapped around his cack.

He pivots, turning his back on the devil seal and sinks his axe into Hildegarr's chest.
"DIE YOU FESTERING PECKER!!!"

1d10,1d100,1d100,1d10,1d6=[1], [29], [80], [5], [3]

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:39 pm
by Andrew
Hearing the viking shout something towards him, Tornuaq has no intent of stopping and runs for all he's worth away from the vikings, his only wish is that Sedna would help him in his hour of desperation, if not Sedna then Malina or Anningan. Hell at this point he'd settle for Nanook!

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:15 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ingvar slashes Hildegar across the chest with his long axe. Green bile and black blood spray across the Viking's face as the zombie's inards spill onto the snow. The smell is like a thousand shits festering in the sun. Hidlegar's eyes widen and Ingvar spots the slightest glint of emotion wash over Hildegar's face as the zombie winces from the blow. Hildegar's raised sword begins to drop on Ingvar in retaliation, but the undead Viking continues with his forward momentum and engages the Black Skinned Devil. His sword cuts into the creatures leg but does little damage to the scaley arctic beast.

Logain takes a step back from the fray and watches Gaeirmund and the archer chase after Tornuaq. He looks to Captain Gunharr who is still chanting and carving symbols on the chest of the fallen Gudrun.

He calls out to the Vikings in pursuit of the Skraeling.

Get him lads!

ooc - Tristan.. I need your action and combat rolls. Tristan was charging up with his Scramasax. His last bow shot plugged Ingvar in the shoulder by accident so he charged into close combat with his scramasax. You can do whatever you like though...

ooc - Tornuaq and Gaeirmund...

I need oposing Speed Checks. Add your DEX + CON and divide by 2. Then x5 for your skill chance.

So

Gaeirmund = 10 +16 /2 = 13 x5 = 65%

Tornuaq = 14 +12/2 x5 = 65%

Archer = 12 + 13 /2 x5 = 60%

Right now Tornuaq is 50 meters ahead of the Vikings. Each failure loses 25 meters to your distance. In the winter weather. Visibility is 100 m. Sound fair? Log rolls in whatever dice site you choose to use please.

So, Tornuaq and Gaeirmund, please give me your first 2 1d100 rolls.

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:11 pm
by Voodoo
"Damn you to Hel!", Tristan screams as he lunges at the strange beast, stabbing out with his scramsax.

Iniative=10
Strike=47
Parry=42
Damage=4

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:11 pm
by Andrew
Spoiler:
OOC: 79 50

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:33 am
by Basketvector
Ingvar backs away as Hildegarr goes for the beast instead.

"Ah."

"Oh well, I stand by it."
He resumes fighting the scaley bastard.
1d10,1d100,1d100,1d10,1d6=[4], [87], [45], [2], [4]

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:57 pm
by Mi-Go Agent

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:31 am
by DSIGFUSS
Tristan plunges his scramasax into the creatures side, it screaches in pain before swiping aimlessly at Tristan. Tristan easily ducks the clawed disfigured hand and side steps himslelf to safety. Ingvar and Logain both hammer on the creature with their Viking blades but the thick scales repel the attacks.

ooc - attack rolls and actions please for Tristan and Ingvar

Meanwhile,

Gaeirumund, the Viking archer and Tornuaq race across the plains. On the first leg of the chase, Gaeirmund and the Viking archer begin to make ground on the Skraeling but as the snow deepens, Tornuaq retakes his lead.

ooc - Tornuaq is still 50 m ahead of the Vikings. Both parties failed one roll and passed the other. So, three 1d100 rolls for Gaeirmund and Tornuaq please. Let's see who wins. ;)

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:43 am
by Voodoo
Tristan draws his bow and puts an arrow into the skraelings leg.
Turning back towards the beast Tristan yells to Ingvar, "Stab the damned beast."
OOC,I already regret doing this but i'll stand by it. Also really sorry Andrew.

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:22 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Gaeirmund runs faster.
OOC,For what it's worth I posted Gaeirmund's rolls; he would have probably caught up anyway.

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:41 pm
by Voodoo
OOC,I really just want to say I thought he was an NPC when I posted this I swear.

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:29 pm
by Basketvector
Ingvar chops away like a woodsman trying to split the reptilian sea monster in half.
1d10,1d100,1d100,1d10,1d6=[2], [56], [7], [8], [2]

Tristain! Logain! Get around! YARRR!! Pull the lead out of your asses. Hit the bastard.
<<THWACK!!! THWACK!!!>>

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:48 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Tristan lets his arrow fly.

As Tornuaq and Gaeirmund race across the plains, Tornuaq hears a familiar whistle coming his way.

ooc - Tornuaq please roll dodge and then your next three chase rolls. If you fail your dodge roll you get hit and take some damage. Then I'll need your next 3 chase rolls. If you get hit your chase percentage drops 10% to 50%.

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:46 pm
by Andrew
OOC: Rolled a 100 for the Dodge but I rolled a 1, 64 and 9 for the Chase rolls.

As Tornuaq raced with all his worth across the plains, he felt the bite of the arrow but instead of slowing his down, it seemed to spur on the Inuit, his desperation even greater now.

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:40 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ingvar drops his Huscarl down on the beast's shoulder with a bone crunching thud. It scratches helplessly at Ingvar's face as it falls to its knees but the Viking oarsman brushes the creature's claws aside with little effort. Logain lunges forward and drives his own blade though its heart. It falls lifeless to the ground and an eerie silence covers the battlefield. All that can be heard is the low chanting of Captain Gunharr as he scratches symbols into the lifeless Gudrun lying on the snow.

ooc- Ingvar and Tristan. Spot Hidden Rolls please.

Broddi calls out in pain to Ingvar. The old Viking's legs were cut deeply when he took the brunt of the black scaled creature's initial attack.

Hildegarr looks to Broddi and then back to Ingvar before dropping to his knees to feast on the black skinnned monstrosity's corpse.

Meanwhile, The two Vikings soon disappear from sight as the light flurries on the snowy plains conceal them.

Tornuaq cries out as the arrow punctures his left shoulder. (3 damage) The arrow simply served to remind the Dorset Hunter of the seriousness of his situation. He burst forward through the snow with a speed he had never known before. Gaeirmund magages to find his reserve and matches the Skraeling's speed and Endurance leaving the archer following them both in the dust.

ooc - Gaeirmund is still 50 m behind Tornuaq. Tornuaq's critical success of 1 made up for his one failure. Nice chase scene! 3 more rolls please. Gaeirmund and Tornuaq are now far away from the group.

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:25 am
by Andrew
OOC: Chase rolls 19 83 24.

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:25 am
by Basketvector
Ingvar yanks his axe out of the beast's with a satisfied grunt.
He turns to Broddi. "Hope you can still walk old man, or it's off to the ice floes for you. Lets have a look."

Spot hidden: 1d100=58

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:55 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Gaeirmundplunges ahead across the snow.

OOC - hope I catch him before the failure matters!

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:56 am
by Voodoo

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:23 pm
by Andrew
Mi-Go Agent wrote:OOC - hope I catch him before the failure matters!
OOC: Hope you can't! :P

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:17 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Gaeirmund gains ground on Tornuaq leaving the other Viking well behind and out of sight. The terrain becomes slightly more hilly as drifts of snow come into view. Tornuaq uses this to his advantage and stays just out of reach of the massive Viking oarsman hot on heels. (25 m ahead) The drifts then suddenly disappear and it is quite clear that the chase has moved over another small body of water as a patch of clear thinning ice stretches out for as far as the eye can see.

Then Gaeirmund's foot slips from beneath him as he first makes unexpected contact with the ice. (roll of 100)

ooc - Gaeirmund please make a DEX x5 check or trip, ending the pursuit.

ooc- Tornuaq please make a spot hidden check.

ooc - Also, both Gaeirmund and Tornuaq, please make a Luck check.

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:44 pm
by Mi-Go Agent

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:55 pm
by Voodoo
Slinging his bow over his shoulder Tristan takes off after the skraeling as well.

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:13 pm
by Andrew
OOC: Spot Hidden 5 & Luck 31. Passed both.

Tornuaq seeing the viking slipping smiles slightly to himself. 'Oh please Malina and Anningan, let me escape to my people! I swear I will do whatever you wish of me.' Tornuaq thought to himself.

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:09 am
by Basketvector
"TRISTAN YOU LITTLE GIRL!!! YOU'LL NEVER CATCH THEM. YOU LISTENING?!?"
"na -- he's not listening."

"Hold still old man, this is going to hurt a lot."
Ingvar cinches a tourniquet around Broddi's leg with the gentleness of an epileptic rapist.

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:07 am
by Voodoo
OOC-I can't believe you just called me a little girl lol

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:42 am
by DSIGFUSS
Tornuaq and Gaeirmund both run headstrong over the ice. Thin cracks sound out with each footstep. The runners realize too late the ice is thin, but the ground seems to be holding beneath them.

Tornuaq shouts in perfect Norse over his shoulder as he points down to the ice "See! Even the land is on my side!"

ooc - Gaeirmund roll a spot hidden.

ooc - Both Gaeirmund and Tornuaq roll two chase rolls and another luck roll.

Tristan races after his comrades through the thick gusts of snow blowing off the drifts all around him. His eyes suddenly pass a small trail of blood and kicked up snow leading away from the foot prints that continue forward.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:51 am
by Voodoo
Assuming the blood to be from the Skraeling, Tristan follows the trail of blood.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:53 am
by DSIGFUSS
Meanwhile, Broddi screams as Ingvar tightens the cloth around the old veterans wound.

Ingvar yah motherless whore!

The undead Hildegar stands over Ingvar and stares blankly at the Vikings. His entrails still dangle slightlybelow his belt. He pushes his intestines back into his stomach and holds hsi hand over the wound, imitating Ingvar. He forces words from his zombified mouth.

Huuuurt lot.

Then suddenly Captain Gunharr releases Gudrun backing away with a wry smile on his thick blue lips. Gudrun convulses before waking with a horrifying..

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:00 am
by DSIGFUSS
Tristan follows the blood and kicked up snow over a low drift. As he reaches the crest of the drift he spots one ofthe Black scaled creatures dragging a unconscious Viking no more than 50 feet from where the mountaineer stands. The black scaled beast turns his head to lock eyes with Tristan, before dropping him to the snow. Tristan can see the creature holding his left shoulder with his clawed hand.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:18 am
by Voodoo
Seeing the Beast, Tristan draws his bow and fires off two arrows in quick succession, Both arrows find their mark in the beast. While one arrow wasn't much more then a graze the other looked slightly more severe.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:53 pm
by Andrew
OOC: Two Chase Rolls: 10, 31. Luck 54.

Tornuaq rolled his eyes as he saw the cracks in the ice. He would kill him but breaking through the ice and diving into the arctic waters might be his only way. Better to die that way and take the dagger with him than to die at the hands of these vikings. That thought in his head, Tornuaq began looking for a hole already in the ice.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:38 am
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC: Two chase rolls, first one failure and the second pretty good, and a succesful luck roll.

"Turn, you fool! Drown fleeing and it's Helheim!" Gaeirmund shouts after the Inuit.

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:38 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The beast squeals and quickly closes the distance bewteen Tristan and his scaley clawed fingers. The first arrow the Viking mountaineer fired had bounced harmless off the creatures thick black plates covering its chest and shoulders. The second arrow found purchase. (2 DAMAGE) It lodges itself into the monsters side in between two great black plates. The creature groans put quickly presses his attack.

The black scaled creature enters a full scaled run, using its hands and feet to gain speed in an awkward but efficient looking gallop.

ooc- The creature will be on you next turn. You can take one more arrow attack (2 attacks) and take a penalty to your initiative as the creature leaps for you. Or you can draw a melee weapon and and gain a plus 10% as you ready your attack. you will ignore the damage reduction (-2 damage) if you ready your attack and look for weaknesses in your opponent.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:46 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC - Or you can run!

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:02 pm
by Voodoo
Tristen draws his sword and prepares for the rushing monster.

[Spoiler-Button]Attack roll was 3 and damage roll was 7[/Spoiler-Button]

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:14 am
by DSIGFUSS
Tornuaq finds no hole in the ice... yet.

The two warriors continue across the ice. Both now spot the black figure following closely behind Tornuaq. As Gaeirmund shouts out to his quarry, he stumbles slightly, his feet losing purchase. The ice beneath him cracks slightly, but does not give way. Tornuaq now has a lead on the Viking oarsman and the two are nearly half way across the lake. On the other side both men spot series of rolling drifts. Flurries blur all vision behind it.

ooc - two more luck rolls please Gaeirmund and Tornuaq. and two chase rolls.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:10 am
by DSIGFUSS
Meanwhile,

The scaley black creature moves on all fours towards Tristan, snarling with his comrades blood fresh on his lips.

Tristan is first to strike the creature and his blade finds flesh amongst the armored scales. He slices the creatures arm arm in two, it's long clawed hand and forearm falling to the snow. The monster howls and rakes its remaing clawed hand across Tristans chest.

ooc- roll parry and your action. (strike, etc...)

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:29 am
by Voodoo
"WOULD YOU JUST DIE ALREADY!" Tristan bellows as he knocks aside the beasts swipe before Taking another swing at the unnatural creature.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:45 am
by DSIGFUSS
As Tristan knocks the creature's remaining limb aside, he spins and drives his Viking sword into the chest of the black scaled abomination. The creature chokes a brown noxtious bile before falling limp to the snow.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:55 pm
by Andrew
OOC: Crap. Chase: 84 & 50. Luck (Which just ran out): 100 & 80.

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:38 am
by Voodoo
Tristan decides not to take any chances and stabs the beast through the neck to make sure its finished off. Once done with dispatching the beast he rushes to the downed viking to see what he can do.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:55 pm
by Mi-Go Agent

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:15 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The ice cracks beneath Tornuaq's feet as he races across the lake, arcing spiderwebs of failing footing with each step.

The drifts of snow, signaling the lakes shoreline, is now just 75 feet away when Tornuaq finally falls through the ice. Gaeirmund's luck holds as his Viking boot's find purchase on the slippery surface. The Viking comes to a stop in front of the hole the Skraeling made in the ice when he fell through. The ice moans all around Gaeirmund but holds. Then Tornuaq emerges in a panic as the cold hits him like a bolt of lightning. The Skraeling grasps desperately for the breaking sheets of ice.

Gaeirmund spots the familiar black shape move slowly beneath him. It had been following the both combatants since they both stepped foot on the ice. It pauses for a moment and Gaeirmund can see the creatures yellow eyes stare up at him through the ice. Then the black shape begins to move towards Tornuaq.

ooc- actions guys.

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:53 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,I didn't input it right, but you can still see what the two luck dice rolls were. One was a sucess, and the first one was a critical success! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2310439/
Gaeirmund turns his hammer in his hands, gripping both sides of the head more firmly than he could ever hold the handle. He extends the handle to the skraeling in the water.

"Grab it or be shredded! I'll pull you out!"

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:21 pm
by Andrew
Seeing the viking before him and the creature in the water coming towards him, Tornuaq hesitates. He knows that the vikings will kill him, especially after they have what they're here for, especially after this... failed escape. Tornuaq took in as much air as his lungs would hold and let himself sink. He prayed that the Gods and Goddesses granted him a quick death.

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:00 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"We weren't going to kill you!" Gaeirmund roars. Then he stops. It isn't worth risking death in the water for this cowardly, worthless Skraeling, even if he did see something in a knife.

He turns and begins retracing his steps back to the other Vikings, keeping an eye on the black creature. He's ready to defend himself, but he already has one corpse to his name and if the creatures are as numerous as ordinary animals there's no point in getting tired hunting.

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:36 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The Skraeling sinks into the blackness of the frigid waters. The black creature ignores Gaeirmund and dives under the ice out of the Viking's vision.

Gaeirmund slowly makes his way back over the ice. He has a few close calls as the ice settles and cracks under his feet. The Viking has time to ponder the significance of his surroundings. Now Gaeirmund can see clearly across the entire length of the frozen lake. He notices that there are two tributaries feeding and running out of the lake. This makes sense... One feeds the lake from the mountains and the other feeds the ocean from the lake. The only difference is... The rivers are thawed and they are flowing in the wrong direction. Sea water is flooding the lake and melting its ice and that same sea water is flowing up and into the mountains far off in the distance. Very peculiar indeed.

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:11 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Like us, the sea is invading this island!, thinks Gaeirmund, as he continues.

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:57 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Gaeirmund finally makes it back to the group. The Viking oarsman takes a quick survey and head count as he reenter the camp.

Three dead black scaled creatures lie dead on the snow piled like refuse. Ingvar is tending to Broddi's wounded leg. The old man winces in pain at every touch and tightening of his dressings.

Captain Gunharr was watching Gudrun pack up the campsite along with two Viking archers Gaeirmund recently came to know as Snorri and Knuttwig.

Tristan and the other Viking that had joined Gaeirmund in chasing down the Skraeling could not be seen.

Captain Gunharr frowns when Gaeirmund walks into the camp.

Gaeirmund! Where be the Skraeling then oarsman?

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:51 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"I caught up to him, but he dived through a hole in the ice. He preferred to drown then fight. His carcass wasn't worth the swim. Another creature got it, but didn't come out from the ice."

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:41 pm
by She Devil
Gudrun stops packing for a moment, "What! You let him get away! But the knife!" he sputtered incredulously.

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:35 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Captain Gunharr smiles as Gudrun accuses Gaeirumund of failure.

Yes Gaeirmund! What of the knife?

ooc- Ingvar see pm.

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:35 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"He didn't just dive into the water, he went under the ice, and tried as hard as he could to drown himself! If he had the knife, it's now in the gut of one of those black creatures. I could go back and try to track the thing. The knife might have slowed it down."

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:28 pm
by She Devil
Gudrun spluttered a string of obscenities and stared at Gaeirumund incredulously. "He had the knife and you let him get away, you ingrate! What have you done!!"

Gudrun stomped over to the shore angrily, "Witch! Cast a spell on me so that I can withstand this cold! That skraeling is ours and the knife he holds is rightfully ours as well!"

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:37 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"You can talk to prisoners that way, Gudrun, but not to me! You didn't even try to catch the the Skraeling the first time, but I can send you after him right now," Gaeirmund threatens.

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:47 am
by Basketvector
Ingvar waddles over to the group carrying Brodi with an arm over his shoulder. Brodi's leg has been freshly bandaged. His work done, Ingvar heaves him into the snow. "So, the Skraeling's dead huh?" SNUUUCK... HORK!!! He gobs a disgusting blob and curses. Ingvar doesn't give two shits about the knife

"I DON'T GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT THE KNIFE!"
"THE FOOD, GAERIMUND, WHERE'S THE FOOD? AND THE WOMEN!!! HOW ARE WE GOING TO FIND THE ESKIMO VILLAGE WITHOUT A SKRAELING TO BEAT!?!?"

"It's ok, it's ok.." he talks himself down, "we just need to find another skraeling to beat thats all, just got to find another"

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:46 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"What now?" Gaeirmund asks, waiting for orders from his captain.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:53 pm
by She Devil
Gudrun looks on at Ingvar in disgust as he hawks a loogie in the snow. He grimaces and turns to face Gaeirmund, "Don't blame me for your own iniquities! It's you who let him get away! Afraid of the water, pussycat?"

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:52 pm
by DSIGFUSS

The captain casts an eye towards Gaeirmund then smirks at Gudrun.

So soon from death's door Gudrun, you still find the strength to mock your fellows?

The zombified Hildegar moves closer to Ingvar and groans.

Beeeeeaaaat Woooommmmen Enhhhhhhh!

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:50 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Gaeirmund speaks slowly, without shouting.

"Your threats made him run. You took too long to kill what he said was a children's fright, which left me to follow him. I'm not afraid of the water, but he was in the land of the dead, and I don't feel like going there yet. Now, I know you might be waiting to send me there with a dagger while I sleep, so I'll repay your mocking by giving a scum like you a chance to die, here, like a man, by my hammer. Or slink away like a dog."

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:05 pm
by She Devil
Gudrun snears, then turns and walks away. He snakes up the coast, keeping a watchful eye on the water.

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:11 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Gaeirmund watches Gudrun carefully.

"Wouldn't be surprised if that coward knifes me while I sleep."

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:04 am
by Basketvector
Ingvar trots after Gudrun.

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:35 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ingvar soon catches up with Gudrun. Gudrun hears the lumbering Viking oarsman ploughing through the snow and Ingvar hears the twisted moans of the zombie Hildegarr trailing behind him as he follows for whatever purpose.

ooc - Gudrun and Ingvar, please send me whatever you say or do in a pm.

Meanwhile, Captain Gunharr walks calmly over to Gaeirmund.

You did well Gaerimund. All you could do, I have no doubt. Now you must bring me back to this place where you lost the Skraeling. There are magics at play here that I would not expect any of you to understand. We must find the dagger or follow it.

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:46 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"I can lead you back. The ice where he dove and drowned was breaking up, so perhaps we should be fast about it."

Gaeirmund leads Captain Gunharr back to where the skraeling threw himself into the water.

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:57 pm
by DSIGFUSS
INGVAR AND GUNDRUN GO TO CHAPTER 5 : THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE ESKIMO : The Viking Exchange

GAEIRMUND GO TO CHAPTER 5 : THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE ESKIMO : ONWARD!