The Skraeling ( Gaeirmund, Gudrun, Ingvar)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Re: The Skraeling ( Gaeirmund, Gudrun, Ingvar)

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Gaeirmund does notice somethingduring the combat.
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Basketvector »

1d10,1d100,1d100,1d10,1d6=[7], [80], [60], [10], [5]

Ingvar will swipe at the son of a bitch crawling out the ice, and swear in Norse.

oc. you can enter the dice rolls in invisible castle all in one line separated by commas (1d10,1d100,1d100... etc)
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Gaeirmund quickly gets his footing back and with one devestating swing of his heavy war hammer, he downs the black scaled monstrosity. The creature slides across the ice and as a trail of green slime follows behind.

Ingvar and Logain charge in to meet the challenge, leaving Broddi to struggle as he crawls away from the brutal melee. Ingvar is first in and swings wild with the full length of his Viking Huscarl. The creature ducks the attack and slashes at Ingvar who keeps the beast at bay with the shaft of his axe. Logain uses the distraction to strike and cuts a gaping wound along it's scaley backside. (7 damage)

Tristan and fires into the crowd of thrashing combatants. One arrow hits the beast square in the chest (6 damage) but his second arrow flies past and sticks [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2066892/]firmly into Ingvar's shoulder(3 damage) Tristan grunts his disappointment before notching another arrow.

Then suddenly one of the archers calls out.

The Skraeling is escaping!
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Is the creature that was fighting Gaeirmund dead? Or is it the one now fighting Ingvar and Logain? I suppose either way Gaeirmund would try to run after Tornuaq and stop him from escaping, but if he killed his creature he would first give the corpse a heave to make sure it is resting on solid ice (and doesn't slip back into the water) so that he can examine it and maybe take a trophy later.
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Invar bellows in pain, and yanks the arrow out of his shoulder.
TRISTAN YOU SON OF A WHORE, I'M GOING TO BEND YOU OVER FOR THAT!!

Ingvar goes into a berserk rage, charging in close to the beast and slashing madly at it's throat.
1d10,1d100,1d100,1d10,1d6=[9], [79], [64], [9], [4]
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

With one heave, the thick muscled Viking oarsman pulls the creature onto the ice. The stink is unbearable. It smells like dead flesh soaked in old sea water.

Then Gaeirmund and the remaining Viking archer begin pursuit of their Skraeling prisoner.

oc- Please wait Migo Agent for Andrew to post. I have to find out what he's going to do. Thanks.

Frustrated with his aim and fearful for his life, Tristan draws his long Viking Scramasax. and moves in to help his comrades. Both Logain and Ingvar slash furious at the creature but it's thick black scales stop the Viking steel before it can find flesh. The Creature swings its claws in a terrible arc but Ingvar raises his Huscarl and stops the blow from finding purchase.

Meanwhile... Hildegarr, in all his zombie glory, comes up from behind Ingvar and raises his sword high in the air.

Innnnnghhvr! Ennnngh!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tornuaq has 100 feet on Gaeirmund before the Viking oarsman takes off in pursuit of the Skraeling. The stench of the dead black scaled creature Gaeirmund just heaved across the ice still lingers on the Viking’s armor.

Gaeirmund passes Captain Gunharr leaning over his fallen comrade Gudrun as he begins the chase. The Blue skinned captain has removed a section of Gudrun’s chain armor and had begun to scrawl something in the Viking archers chest.

ooc- Spot Hidden roll for Gaeirmund please.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Gaeirmund istoo intent on the escapee to notice anything.

"Get back here! Those idiots weren't going to actually torture you!" he shouts after the fleeing native.
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

"GNeEEEAHHHH!!" As corpsey Hildegarr comes at him Ingvar squeals in horror like he just found a centipede wrapped around his cack.

He pivots, turning his back on the devil seal and sinks his axe into Hildegarr's chest.
"DIE YOU FESTERING PECKER!!!"

1d10,1d100,1d100,1d10,1d6=[1], [29], [80], [5], [3]
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

Hearing the viking shout something towards him, Tornuaq has no intent of stopping and runs for all he's worth away from the vikings, his only wish is that Sedna would help him in his hour of desperation, if not Sedna then Malina or Anningan. Hell at this point he'd settle for Nanook!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ingvar slashes Hildegar across the chest with his long axe. Green bile and black blood spray across the Viking's face as the zombie's inards spill onto the snow. The smell is like a thousand shits festering in the sun. Hidlegar's eyes widen and Ingvar spots the slightest glint of emotion wash over Hildegar's face as the zombie winces from the blow. Hildegar's raised sword begins to drop on Ingvar in retaliation, but the undead Viking continues with his forward momentum and engages the Black Skinned Devil. His sword cuts into the creatures leg but does little damage to the scaley arctic beast.

Logain takes a step back from the fray and watches Gaeirmund and the archer chase after Tornuaq. He looks to Captain Gunharr who is still chanting and carving symbols on the chest of the fallen Gudrun.

He calls out to the Vikings in pursuit of the Skraeling.

Get him lads!

ooc - Tristan.. I need your action and combat rolls. Tristan was charging up with his Scramasax. His last bow shot plugged Ingvar in the shoulder by accident so he charged into close combat with his scramasax. You can do whatever you like though...

ooc - Tornuaq and Gaeirmund...

I need oposing Speed Checks. Add your DEX + CON and divide by 2. Then x5 for your skill chance.

So

Gaeirmund = 10 +16 /2 = 13 x5 = 65%

Tornuaq = 14 +12/2 x5 = 65%

Archer = 12 + 13 /2 x5 = 60%

Right now Tornuaq is 50 meters ahead of the Vikings. Each failure loses 25 meters to your distance. In the winter weather. Visibility is 100 m. Sound fair? Log rolls in whatever dice site you choose to use please.

So, Tornuaq and Gaeirmund, please give me your first 2 1d100 rolls.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Voodoo »

"Damn you to Hel!", Tristan screams as he lunges at the strange beast, stabbing out with his scramsax.

Iniative=10
Strike=47
Parry=42
Damage=4
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

Spoiler:
OOC: 79 50
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Ingvar backs away as Hildegarr goes for the beast instead.

"Ah."

"Oh well, I stand by it."
He resumes fighting the scaley bastard.
1d10,1d100,1d100,1d10,1d6=[4], [87], [45], [2], [4]
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tristan plunges his scramasax into the creatures side, it screaches in pain before swiping aimlessly at Tristan. Tristan easily ducks the clawed disfigured hand and side steps himslelf to safety. Ingvar and Logain both hammer on the creature with their Viking blades but the thick scales repel the attacks.

ooc - attack rolls and actions please for Tristan and Ingvar

Meanwhile,

Gaeirumund, the Viking archer and Tornuaq race across the plains. On the first leg of the chase, Gaeirmund and the Viking archer begin to make ground on the Skraeling but as the snow deepens, Tornuaq retakes his lead.

ooc - Tornuaq is still 50 m ahead of the Vikings. Both parties failed one roll and passed the other. So, three 1d100 rolls for Gaeirmund and Tornuaq please. Let's see who wins. ;)
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Tristan draws his bow and puts an arrow into the skraelings leg.
Turning back towards the beast Tristan yells to Ingvar, "Stab the damned beast."
OOC,I already regret doing this but i'll stand by it. Also really sorry Andrew.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Gaeirmund runs faster.
OOC,For what it's worth I posted Gaeirmund's rolls; he would have probably caught up anyway.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

OOC,I really just want to say I thought he was an NPC when I posted this I swear.

Return to “Chapter 4 : Spirit and Scramasax”