An Important Gathering (Yuralria and Unulaq)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Re: An Important Gathering (Yuralria and Unulaq)

Post by trixie »

Yuralria yelps in fright, jumps to her feet and stares, horrified, at the black smut on her hand. "Oh no! No no no! We have to get out! I have to get out! I can't stay here, not with them!" She turns to grab Unulaq by the furs, staring at him with desperate maddened eyes, "The shaman killers! They'll hunt me and kill me! Unulaq, it's me they're after and I need to go now!"
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq nodded, not too hasty though to leave the spears behind. He made sure he grabbed a few, handing some off to Thorrin. "All right, calm down... we're leaving." He understood the woman's anxiety, but hoped she could contain her volume lest the echoes throughout the cave carry her voice to the very thing she was trying to avoid... whatever that was.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Thorrin picks up one of the spears and examines the ruby tip. He slides his fingers along the gem's point and holds them up to Unulaq who hasn't yet lost his nerve as the Shaman surely has.

Whoever held these spears seemed to feel the same way as you Yuralria. The Shaman Hunter's blood is all over this one. As is the black un-natural slime we found near the cave's entrance.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"So the blue blood is that of the shaman hunters? Maybe the creature of black took them all out," Unalaq stated trying to keep positive. "It might be worth scouting ahead and checking before we run away." He looked at Yuralria and said, "Can you wait here with Thorrin for a short while as I go on ahead and scout it out?"
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Yuralria looked at the ruby quizzically, then looks calmer. "They travel alone. I didn't realize.....yes of course. But also, blood is no indication that it's dead...just wounded. Yes, yes I'll wait here."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Thorrin," Unalaq said looking at the Norseman, "Could you stay with her ... just incase. And if something should happen to me, do not trouble yourself over it, just get the both of you far away from here as quickly as you can."He left the spears with Thorrin... "They obvoiously weren't any good against whatever may still be back there."

Unalaq proceeds down the cavern with his stone spear and bone club handy, trying to walk stealthily to see if he can find out what manner of creature this black bear is.
ooc,If you need them... [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2005431/]Sneak (65%) (1d100=41)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2005432/]Hide (50%) (1d100=86)[/url]
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Thorrin grabs Unulaq's shoulder with one hand and his massive bone club with the other.

Let me help you brother...

Thorrin then begins to sing. The song fills the ice tunnel and all hearts who hear it.

Those songs I know, which nor sons of men
nor queen in a king's court knows.

FA

The first is Help which will bring thee help
in all woes and in sorrow and strife.

fehu fehu fehu
f f f f f f f f f
fu fa fi fe fo
of ef if af uf
f f f f f f f f f

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....

The gentle voice of Thorrin fades away and the Viking smiles at Unulaq.

Use this weapon of bone without fear...Their defenses will mean nothing now.. Go! I will guard Yuralria with my life.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq lifted the bone club curiously, twisting it to the left and right to see if anything looked different about it. He brought his eyes back to Thorrin and smiled, "Thank you. I will not be long." He turned and headed further into the cave, careful about where he put his feet that he might make the least ammount of noise.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Yuralria sat in the snow, mesmerized by Thorrin's beautiful singing, and once they were alone she couldn't help but blurt, "Can the witch hear you when you sing, Thorrin?" She bit her lip and watched him imploringly. His response determined their fate.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Not in this place, I am certain of it.

Thorrin thinks...

Melkorka could no doubt hear the song if she were on the island. Gelga is an new initiate and having just received her gifts from the gods; she would most likely not recognize the suttle undertones using rune magic has on the world around us. Brunnehilde on the other hand; our most powerful rune caster, could hear my song no matter where I was. She is on her way to your island and she brings my king with her.

Even still...
No Norseman has ever set foot in your spirit world Yuralria. I do not think even Brunhilde could hear me in this place.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

"But Thorrin, if you were singing, wouldn't you also be singing back in the hut where our bodies lay?" Yuralria looks confused. "You have a beautiful gift. But unfortunately it is one that will soon get us all killed if you use it. Many a time I have been chased in the spirit world and been in very grave danger. That is why Ogtuk-luk is left behind to protect us."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,I hope ya'll aren't waiting on me. I'm just doing the sneaking away thing until I see something.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Of course Yuralria... I will be more careful....

Thorrin thinks to himself before speaking again.

Tell me Shaman... When you dove down to parlay with your godess... What was she like? I have worshipped a pantheon of gods all my life, not so dis-similar to your own gods in a sense... yet I have never met one. I was raised to beleive that if one finds glory in death, they will earn a seat at Odin's table in Valhalla.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

She was.....warm. Despite the freezing water. And crippled, in a way because she can't comb her own hair. I dove down to comb her hair, as she can't herself. She's no fingers left. We also believe that meeting the Goddess is a certain rite of passage to becoming the true Shaman. See I am.....the replacement....after Aglakti was sent away." Yuralria peers down the tunnel that Unulaq disappeared down, then turns back, "Who is Odin?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Odin is the king of the gods. The ruler of Asgard. There are those amongst my people that believe our history is tied to this place. We seek a rune that Odin has forbidden mankind to learn. Of the eighteen runes of power... the last rune is special and secret.

Thorrin thinks to himself before reciting a page from his own Holy Book.

This is from the Eddas.. The Havamal...

An eighteenth I know: which I ne'er shall tell
to maiden or wife of man
save alone to my sister, or haply to her
who folds me fast in her arms;
most safe are secrets known to but one-
the songs are sung to an end.

It tells of a rune that Odin kept to himself and told none but his sister... though there are no stories of Odin ever having a sister.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Yuralria sits, thoughtful, then asks, "These runes, what kind of powers do they hold? And is it Gelga that seeks it? Is she the one that is looking for it? It is you she is after, Sedna told me. She needs you to sing a song for her, and she won't let up until she finds you. That's why you mustn't sing."

Yuralria pauses, looks down the tunnel Unulaq disappeared in, then continues. "Thorrin, do you know the one eyed man? He chased me out while I was with Sedna. Chased me out of a dream sequence. He spoke your language and pointed his sword at me. He was quite unfriendly.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Yes... Gelga is searching for the Rune. She wishes to keep it for herself and the other witches... That is why I left. Someone must tell the King what they are up to. The rune holds unimaginable power; enough that Odin kept it for himself, not even sharing it with the other gods.

Thorrin thinks thoughtfully on Yuralria's last statement.

Odin appreared to you in a vision while you were with your godess Sedna? That is most strange... Is there a connection bertween our two peoples... Why was Odin upset with you? What had you done to give him cause to raise his sword in anger?
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Yuralria blushes fiercely, thinking back on the tumultuous experience of being in bed with Sedna....changed into a man....how could she ever admit it to Thorrin!

"Uh....er....many things are not as they appear in the spirit world Thorrin. Sedna and I were......intimately tangled. It happened very much.....by accident. You see Sedna is a lonely goddess, banished to the sea by her father. I'm not sure why Odin was so angry, or why they are connected. Perhaps Sedna holds the missing rune. Perhaps.."
Yuralria's sentence trails off, and she spends a minute turning the spear Sedna had given her over and over. She rubbed her fingers up and down the intricate details, trying to make it out. What secrets did Sedna hide from her people? Is it possible.....

Yuralria's head snapped up in shock and she stared at Thorrin with mouth agape for a moment. "Thorrin!" She shouted excitedly, hardly able to blurt the words out fast enough. "Is Odin married? Or was he ever married at some point? Because Sedna, in the long lost days when she still had her fingers. She was given to a man who disguised himself, to have as his wife. The man pulled of his hood once he had her at his nest, and he was a raven man. Does Odin ever appear as the raven? Perhaps Sedna is his long lost wife that left him, and he was angered that we were together." Yuralria suddenly stops, staring at Thorrin wide eyed at the grave details of her new conclusion. "Oh, Thorrin. Is it true?I have angered Odin. What do you think will happen to me now?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Thorrin is surprised to hear the words come out of Yuralria’s mouth.

That could be true. Odin has had many lovers… I doubt your goddess would still be alive if she had crossed him. Odin is a vengeful god.

Odin rarely changes his shape. That sort of mysticism is for the trickster god Loki.

Thorrin thinks again…

Odin’s pets are Ravens…. They serve as his eyes and his ears in the real world. However, I do not believe you have angered Odin, Yuralria. What you experienced is similar to what our people call a god walk. To learn the history of gods, certain religious figures have been gifted with visions… They experience events through the eyes of the gods as they themselves lived them. We have used these experiences to write most of our own literature.. Our Eddas were a collection of such visions.

I believe you were experiencing what Sedna had experienced or the Raven for a different perception of the event…

These are powers of the Aesir.. My gods. Descendants of Bor… No mere concubine of Odin would have such power…
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Yuralria blinks for a moment, thinking on taking the shape of Sedna's horrible husband....the half man half raven. No wonder she'd appeared like a raven in the mirror. It was exactly as Thorrin was describing it....experiencing an event that had been written as well.

"They have to be tied somehow. I wonder....if Odin had a long lost sister...one that didn'texist in your culture, or there was no mention of her anywhere, perhaps it could be Sedna? It seems strange....but it is possible, don't you think? Which would mean the rune lies with Sedna as well. Thorrin! How can we find Gelga? We must find her...do you have any way of finding out where she is?"

Return to “Chapter 4 : Spirit and Scramasax”