The Hunt for Kalituk (Faroo, Kirima, Kinaktok)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

Kirima
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Re: The Hunt for Kalituk (Faroo, Kirima, Kinaktok)

Post by Kirima »

Kirima is unmarried and quite innocent - she does not really understand what Oddlog means by "ravished"; however she is woman enough to feel uncomfortable.
"Faroo, the expedition party: shall we take the Viking and Torngusac? Oddlog can be our guide and help us find Odin's Rune - surely this magic will be of use against the invaders."
Ash
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Ash »

Yes, this is a sound idea.
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Kirima »

Kirima smiles.
OOC,I'll be offline for a week.
Midnightlight
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Midnightlight »

Kinaktok contemplates joining the expedition, but waits for an invitation to come along.
Ash
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Ash »

Kinaktok will you join us? You can ride good sled I hear
Midnightlight
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Midnightlight »

Kinaktok steps to Faroo's side, nodding.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Elder Pamiruq claps his hands.

My son has made a brave decision to join this hunt. If he were to kill a white bear, would there be any doubt to his claim for chief.

A few of the Dorset men present at this important gathering groan at Pamiruq's boast, but some do not. Some of the Elders nod there heads in approval of Pamiruq's hastey nomination of his son for chief of the Dorset tribe. Kinaktok himself had never cmade any sort of claim or run for chief. But with the current chief Kalituk having abandoned his position to follow after the love of his life, there was a void that needed to be filled.

Makkituk holds up his hands as the obvious succession arguement was about to erupt.

It is decided.

Faroo, Mannitok, Kinaktok and Karima with her charge Oddlog and the boy Torngusac will travel north to discover what they can about these terrible invaders...
Ash
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Ash »

Hooray, and three cheers for the six hunters. Let's do this. Come we leave at once, travel light.
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Kirima »

"Whoop! Whoop!"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

The norseman Thorrin and the Dorset hunter Unalaq rushed into the hut wide-eyed as they looked around for the origin of the Viking voice - apparently their spirit journey was over. Unalaq had his spear in hand and was ready or anything as his muscles rippled in preparation.

Thorrin was wearing a fur that mostly covered his Viking heritage as he wore the hood up over his head.

"Is there trouble here?" Unalaq inquires anxiously.
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Kirima »

"No!" Kirima laughs, "we are celebrating. We six will hunt the invaders and drive them back into the sea - oh, I'm happy to be a part of the excitement."
"Will you two join us?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq looked at Kirima doubtfully and said, "I mean no disrespect, but I have fought these Norse men first hand. Their skins are hard as stone. Their weapons stronger and sharper than anything we have. They outnumber us. They have evil shammans assisting them every step of the way. Six or seven of us do not have a chance against all of them."
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Kirima »

She pauses, then says carefully, "I inderstand, Unalaq, it is no mean task. We will be a guerilla band - good and true folk fighting the barbarian." Kirima sadly adds, "There is no-one else but us six. We need all the help we can get."
Pointing to Oddlog the Viking: "This creature will lead us to 'Odin's Rune', an important artifact to the invader," with confidence: "Magic!"

Remembering her status as messenger and cook she says, "Faroo and Kinaktok are in command."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Torngusac, can you tell Thorrin what is going on for me. He will be most interested in knowing about Odin's Rune." Unalaq frowned and said, "If that refers to the dagger that I took from Tornuaq, I hid it on a beach. I suppose Tornuaq went after it and found it once he realized it wasn't in the water. Yuralria saw Tornuaq in her spirit walk, I heard her talking to him. I guess that means the knife is in the wrong hands now."

He looked once to Thorrin, then back to the Elders, "If the elders do not have something else of me, I would like to join in this."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As Thorrin and Oddlog enter the Elder's Hutt, the place if filled with excited confusion as the hunter's discuss what they have learned in the past few hours. Torngusac tries his best to translate Unulaq's request but Oddlog and Thorrin immediately get in each other's faces as soon as the boy begins. Still, Torngusac, keeps up with the shouting Vikings.

Thorrin, you dog. Where is your crew? How did the Skraelings capture you?

Oddlog, you twisted barbarian. I have befriended these men! They have honor and do not deserve what is coming! The Odin's rune was not meant for man... Gelga would burn this island to the ground for it.

Oddlog clenches his fists.

Where's the scramasax Thorrin!

The knife is in better hands now... Gelga or any other witch will never find the rune.

What? You would give the last rune to these Skraelings? Melkorka will flail you alive....

Melkorka is an old hag and lost her way, long ago. Alrik will not let her lay hands on the rune.

Alrik is dead! Melkorka is headed to the mountains. She will find it herself, your dagger be damned!

Any who know Thorrin are surprised to see the Viking bard lunge at Oddlog, swinging wildly. Thorrin however is no match for the sheer size and ferocity of Oddlog. Oddlog quickly hefts Thorrin over his shoulder and nearly onto the Edler's fire. Oddlog grabs hold of Thorrin's shirt and punches him square in the face. He raises his hand again, a crazed beserker rage in his eyes.
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Kirima »

She flinches at the blows, almost cowering: "Oddlog, Oddlog," she cries beseechingly, "stop it!"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Oddlog shivers for a second before looking back at Karima. The Viking beserker's eyes quickly take on a more glassy look and he drops Thorrin.

Oddlog grins fondly at Karima.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq's spear was hefted and poised to strike. It was a good thing Kirima was so influential over the barbarian beserker. With the fight so quickly over, Unalaq lowered his weapon and straightened out of his fighting stance. "I withdrawl my offer," the hunter said to the Elders. "It is clear to me that the knife is far more important than any slim hope of defeating all of the Vikings. Thorrin and I should go try to retrieve it if we can still find it."
Midnightlight
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Midnightlight »

Kinaktok's face twists in confusion for a moment.

"We should all go together in a group. This would be best, I think." he states, though not directing it at anything specific.
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Kirima »

She looks between Kinaktok and Unalaq, a little bewildered - tactics to fight the Vikings have not occurred to her - innocent Kirima only saw the fun of it: "I suppose the more of us the stronger we are, but also more of us means it will be easier to catch us?"

Return to “Chapter 4 : Spirit and Scramasax”