Brow of Y'mer (Alrik, Weoulf, Orm and Berger)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Brow of Y'mer (Alrik, Weoulf, Orm and Berger)

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OOC- If anyone wants to say or do something before Alrik finishes identifying the Viking relics found in the tomb of Tyr, then now is the time.

Alrik examines the items taken from the tomb of Tyr.

Alrik

Huscarl, - +3 damage. Cleaving. When you take down an opponent you get an immediate extra attack.
White fur cape with gold trim – Immunity to cold effects. Magical or Natural. Hide 85% while standing still in winter environments. 45% while moving. 85% while moving during snowfall. 98% while in a Blizzard.
White fur boots - Allows the wearer to walk on snow ice or frigid water as if he were stepping on solid ground.
one pair of bone glasses with a narrow slit down the middle to see through, -heat vision up to 200 feet.
Drinking horn carved from bone and lined with hide and gold trim – healing 3 HP per glass. Sanity cost 1 per drink.
1 set of white hide gloves – climbing 85%
1 golden scepter shaped like the Fenris Wolf with a ruby the shape of a hand set in its mouth – summon wolves, 1d6 wolves, sanity cost, 1x/day. Animal friendship wolves. 1x/day.
scroll tubes - see ooc at end of this post

Sigfurd

Throwing axe – returning, hurts mythical creatures
Throwing Axe – armor piercing. Ignores Damage reduction and armor. +3 damage when thrown.
scramasax and belt – eversharp. +20% to hit +3 damage
chain boots – gives the wearer a damage reduction of 5
balck fur tunic – invisibility at night.
shield with a matching picture of an ancient family crest. – roll two parries and take the best roll.

Berger

one of the golden goblets – unlimited fill of whatever liquid was last in it.
silver skull – similar to crystal ball. Focus on an area or item or person, Sanity cost. 1d6.
Helm – Automatic dodge.
sword with three dark red stones set in its hilt. – +5 damage to mythos creatures
long brown bushy fur robe. – Hunter’s Hides - allows wearer to blend in and assume the shape of whatever animals/creatures are nearby. (sight)

Weoulf

helmet. – comprehend languages.
sword "embroidered in cloudy silver – blade can harm magical creatures. +3 damage. Become ethereal 1x/day.
rope. – unbreakable cannot be cut.

Orm

Shield – arrow biter. Enemies firing arrows must first pass a sanity check or be forced to fire at the holder of this shield. Only critical strikes make it past the wearer of this shield and those strikes count as normal hits.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- Alrik please roll a Read/ write runes check and a luck check.

Anyone else can help Alrik decipher the scrolls he took from the tomb of Tyr with a successful Read/Write Runes check.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-Mmm, drinking! With this goblett, I'l follow you to any place!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OOC- I'll send pms to MikC and Henrik. Please wait for them to chime in with ideas on how the items from Tyr's tomb could be used to retrieve Odin's spear.
mikc
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by mikc »

Weoulf looks through the scrolls, but is unable to make any sense of their content. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2327408/
ooc,I must admit, I don't have any great ideas at present, plus, I'm a bit stuck for time. I've been keeping up with the Thread but, with the excuse that [b]Weoulf[/b] is a silent follower, keeping out of the decision-making. I'm [i]in[/i], but don't expect any great initiative from [b]Weoulf[/b] for the time being, sorry.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Henrik »

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

ooc rolled on the D&M site check there to verify my results. Rolled 65 needed 55. I don't know if having two other people helping gives me a bonus, but it looks like I failed.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc, No worries MikC. This thread can slow down. I'll keep it going... I do hope everyone sticks around though; The Vikings in this thread a very important to the main plot.

Alrik finds nothing of any major significance in the scrolls that would help him retreive the Odin's spear. He does however find a note in one fo his scrolls. A scribbling on an old map that positions the Tomb of Tyr south to the walls of Asgard. If this were the case... It stands to reason that Asgard is on the island of Helluland.

ooc - Everyone make an Idea check then...
mikc
Keeper
Keeper

Post by mikc »

But surely, that means ...

"Brothers," announces Weoulf, "I have an idea!" http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2335151/
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-I have an idea too: let's leave our weapons here and ask the giants to help us. If they see us without any weapons they will see that we are nice people and will help us. Brilliant idea, right?

OOC: Sorry, with a 99% didn't occured me anything worst.
mikc
Keeper
Keeper

Post by mikc »

"A wonderful plan, you retarded son of a mangy goat," comments Weoulf, "but perhaps I have a better one; why don't we skrye for the Wolf's location in that crystal skull you're carrying about? Once we know where to go, the difficulty of our task is halved."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-I'm not a son of a goat, your fake wolf! I'l do it when I want and If I want!. And now, because I want and not because you ordered it to me, I will look at the crystal skull.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

Alrik doesn't bother to respond to Berger's incessant yammering, but moves in closer to get a good look. He claps Weoulf on the shoulder. Good idea. Turning to the giant he motions for him to join them. Relay to us what we are seeing. Any advantage we have will lessen the chance of blood shed, and will hasten your freedom.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OOC- OK Berger, tell me what you wish to see and what you say to the crystal skull as you hold it.

ooc- also Berger, roll a sanity check. you get to add 10% to your base sanity because you are shit faced drunk and find these sorts of magical doohickey's hilarious. lol
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

Orm says impatiently: "What do you see?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Oh great and powerful skull! Show me the location of the wolf we are looking so those morons stop bothering me!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2343404/
Passed sanity roll
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Sorry for my ignorance Mr skull didn't wanted to offend you. Well, actually you are practically my brother in law. So Hróðvitnir please answer my question.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As Berger speaks the ancient name of the great black wolf the crystal skull begins to glow. Swirling globs of dark red liquid begin to dart around the inside of the skull. They look like drops of blood emmersed in water. The droplets begin to form shapes and soon a clear image of the Fenris wolf can be seen. The wolf lies asleep on a massive block of ice. The Odin spear was still jutting out from deep within the wolf's belly where Orm had left it before the wolf toppled over the side of the Tyr's tomb. Blood pooled all around the wolf forming small channels in the ice as it trickled down to the snowy floor. Small, man sized barrels were set at either side of the ice block to collec the blood for whatever dark purpose.

The image breaks apart as the skull changes it's position to a more eagle eye view of the scene. Standing in front of the wolf were three massively armored frost giants carrying polearms laden with runes and symbols the likes of which none of the Viking had ever seen.

The skull then glows blue as the swirling droplets form antother picture of a mountain before turning crystaline once again.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Thank you very much for the help! I promiss I won't disturb you unless I have a good reason. And now, anyone have any idea where this place is?
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

<blue>"Hmm.... perhaps the giant knows." Orm turns to their prisoner. <blue>"This mountain, these giants. Do you know where this is?"</blue>

Return to “Chapter 4 : Spirit and Scramasax”