Brow of Y'mer (Alrik, Weoulf, Orm and Berger)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

mikc
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: Brow of Y'mer (Alrik, Weoulf and Orm)

Post by mikc »

Weoulf recognises the Rune

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1964662/

ooc - still can't get any of the links (BBCode etc) to work - any tips?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - no worries... If it helps.. I edited your last post to make a link work. Check it out to see what it looks like.

-Weoulf recognizes the rune as the symbol for the Viking god Loki.

Loki plays a central role in many of the stories of the Æsir. And, he is unique among the gods in having a character which changes through the stories. At first, he was a prankster, not to be trusted, but helpful on many occasions, such as in the story of rebuilding the walls of Ásgarð. With his lies, and his habit of revealing secrets, Loki constantly stirred the gods against each other, such as in the story of Freyja's necklace. Later, he became spiteful and malevolent, such as when he cut Sif's hair. The gods' merriment over the agonies of his punishment probably turned Loki's maliciousness into a vindictive desire to destroy them.
mikc
Keeper
Keeper

Post by mikc »

Weoulf sidles over to Alrik and mutters, low enough that the odd little creature cannot hear him, "Is this not the Rune of the Trickster God, Bard? I like it not!"
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

Alrik leans back over and speaks candidly with Weoulf. Loki may be the trickster god, but he is still a god and I do not wish to offend any of them. For now we treat this creature kindly, but keep an eye on him and weigh what he tells us carefully. If he tries to lead us astray we'll deal with him then.

He turns back to the Giant. Take us to where the Fenis fell. We must retrieve a weapon that was driven in a little too deeply. He gestures to Orm. Some of us don't know our own strength.

Once the group is moving Alrik addresses the rodent. You say that you weren't one of the ones that attacked us on our ship. From this I figure that you are the same manner of creature as them. So tell me then what kind of creature are you that you can appear as anything you want. Do not think that you have lulled me into thinking you harmless by appearing as a rodent. If you are truly the same type of creature then your power is greater than it appears.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Giant answers quickly when asked a question and often eyes Orm suspiciously.

The Fenris Wolf has returned to Hel. He will return soon to extract his vengeance on you puny humans.... The empty wolf carcass with the spear was taken by the Jotun. My people will give Fenrir the respect he deserves.

Griggrigg scurries about the others as they walk.

I am an Ijiraat. We possess the powers of Sedna's children, changing from one animal form to the next as we please. And you are correct to beleive that I am not without my defenses Norseman...

Grigrigg fluffs up his fur aggressively in an almost comical fashion.

The ijiraat that attacked your vessel serve the godess Sedna... I serve the true gods of the North. Those gods that dwelled here long before Sedna was even a gleam in Bor's eye. Before she was licked free of the Frost Giant Y'mer. My people are now divided. Those that follow Loki have been promised a home in Asgard when this island burns into the sea. Those that do not join us will burn with the rest.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

An edge of irritation creeps into Alrik's voice. Don't test me giant my patience is wearing thin. We need to return the spear to the temple, as it belongs to the gods. As part of our bargain for your life you will help us retrieve it.

He turns back to the Ijiraat. What is your name, and can your people aid us on our journey. We are here on the God's behalf, and our only wish is to bring honor to them, and secure our places in Valhalla.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Henrik »

Orm lets's the others talk for now. He is disappointed that the spear seems to have been taken away and by the giants. "Odin will not be pleased if we can not retrieve the spear from the giants. Such a weapons in the hands of the enemies of the Aesir. It is not right and proper."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

If you are here on the gods behalf? The Ijiraat lemming squeeks... Then...

The Frost Giant Jarl interrupts, talking well over the furry rodent shapeshifter.

I will do as you say Bard... I will take you to my mountain where the others will have carried the Fenris wolf.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik nods and offers the Giant a smile. Thank you Jarl. I'm sure you are a man of honor, and will live up to your word.

Turning to the Ijiraat he twirls his hand motioning for the creature to continue to speaking. Then what my little friend.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

Orm listens a bit impatiently. He would have hoped that finding the spear again would be a relatively simple matter, but this does not seem so.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The lemming nods rapidly...

If you are here on the gods behalf then you are here on Loki's behalf as well... are you not? It was he who saved you when your ship was sinking amidst a sea of blood lusty Ijiraat loyal to the godess.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

"So we are indebted to Loki? I do not know if I like that..." Orm says. The old man did not like trickery and deceit although a prank amongst friends could liven up a dull day at the oars.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik nods to the rodent, but addresses eveyone. If Loki deemed us worthy to save then we are in his debt. He signals Jarl to lead the way to his people as he continues talking to the Ijiraat. We are going to be moving quickly so if you can change shapes like your brethren that attacked us I would suggest something bigger. Perhaps a horse so that I may ride. After a few moments Alrik speaks to the rodent again. What should we call you little friend.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

You may call me Gregrigg... friend....

The Ijraat tilts his his slightly when Alrik mentions a horse. He ponders the notion for a short time and then shakes his head.

Yes Yes! I mean No No! I cannot change into a herdling with no horns... No No No! No Horse! Only beasts from my own lands.. my home.

The tiny lemming then starts to shake as his skin begins to slowly fold in on itself. A festering mass of boils speckle the ijiraat's hide as if the white rodent were suddenly placed over an open fire. His tail splits and coils around his torso as a small tuft of striped fur creeps out his anus and rests itself on the cavern floor. His legs break and mend a hundred times in a matter of seconds as the lemmining's body is thrusted high up into the air atop the bubbling and boiling sticks it now calls legs. Four oversized hooves strain to balance the shifting mound of flesh. His ears drop and giant horns break through the ijiraat's skull splitting the flesh like peels from a fruit. The horns continue to branch off in several direction and only then do the Vikings get a sense of Greggrigg's intentions.

Standing before the Vikings is a White Cariboo.

Will this do... friend. I hope I won't be carrying the fat one. He smells like old goose berries.

Berger laughs outloud.. More out of nervousness than anything.

Bwa Ha Ha!

OOC - Sanity check everyone.

Jarrl holds his nose and grumbles.

I hate it when you change Gregrigg! It smells like dung and vomit...

While the party readies itself Sigfurd seems to be taking things most difficultly. He approaches Weoulf and Orm in private.

Do you think this is wise brothers... Weoulf... Orm..... Must we raid a Giant's keep to prove ourselves worthy of Valhalla... Surely there is another way.

Sigfurd seems to be shaking and he quickly sheathes his sword to hide this fact from the others.

ooc- If you failed your Sanity check, (Alrik excluded) you may feel similarly to Sigfurd. (frightened and confused)
mikc
Keeper
Keeper

Post by mikc »

Weoulf regards the nervous Viking for a moment, then says softly, "I like it not greatly either; but it seems we are being guided in this direction by the Fates.
Have heart, brother - do not falter now!"

ooc - Weoulf made his SAN roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2006548/
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

SAN check 1d100=68

A success for Orm.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik mounts up on the creature, and signals to the Giant to lead on. How long shall it take for us to get there. This is not the reason we came to this land, and I'd just as soon be done.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

"I agree" Orm says although in the depths of his heart he knows that nothing is of more interest to him than to secure his place with his loved one in the afterlife.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Gregrigg snorts..

A days ride to the Frost Giant caves. We must pass through the ice and into the heart of the Niffelheim.

Jarl snarls at Gregrigg.

Torrin-Dor will not let us pass. Not with you puny humans...
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik looks up at the giant as he calls him and his men puny. If there is another way you know that won't take to long then lead on. If this way is substantially shorter then we will....persuade this Torrin-Dor. Alrik looks to Orm's sword, and back to Jarl. Orm, Berger, Weoulf, and I can be very persuasive if we need to be.

He glares at the giant questioningly. Wouldn't you say.

Return to “Chapter 4 : Spirit and Scramasax”