Brow of Y'mer (Alrik, Weoulf, Orm and Berger)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Brow of Y'mer (Alrik, Weoulf, Orm and Berger)

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The five Vikings begin their down the long winding staircase. On the way down, Sigfurd sings an Ode to Osvauld, the words and rhymes coming to him as if he too were a bard of Odin. Sigfurd may have been slightly tone def when compared to the beautiful magesty of Alrik’s voice but Melkorka’s bard could not help but be impressed with the structure of the tune. The novelty of Sigfurd’s song wore off soon though as the walk that they had done earlier this same day grew long and tiresome. Berger hefted a “Shadup Sigfucker” at Sigfurd after the fourth encore. Few could blame him but none of the others had the heart to spoil Osvauld’s memory. They could all hear the flapping of wings as they stepped ever downwards. Hundin was following them. The group had held Odin’s interest beyong their encounter with the Fenris wolf.

Finally, when they reached the bottom of the staircase, they stopped to rest. The hall continues on into the darkness. The Norsemen’s very breathe seemed to echo into the black. The eery silence is suddenly broken by one of Berger’s belches.

He sits down on the stair and breathes deeply.

I swear to all that is fucked and buggered in this world that I will not be made to climb those stairs again boys.

He takes a swig from his wineskin, which he had filled several. He then passes it to Weoulf.

Berger’s eyes glaze over as he rests. He holds his hand out in front of him, moving it slowly up and down as if he were touching something.

Pretty!
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Re: Brow of Y'mer (Alrik, Weoulf and Orm)

Post by Piano man »

Alrik pats Sigfurd on the back when he finishes singing. You have the heart of a Bard my friend. My old teacher would have had many things to say about the song you just sung.

As Berger passes the skin to Weolf Alrik snags it. I'll hang on to this Berger, and any other skins you may have filled. You'll get them back a little at a time, but I will not have a louse slowing us down. If you don't carry your wieght then you can turn back to the temple and drink yourself to death. Alrik offers the skin to Weoulf. Take a swig if you wish, but don't give it back to Berger.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Henrik »

"Songs might not save us in the end, but it makes the life a little easier to live. Have you found something Berger or have the spirits finally unhinged your mind?" Orm asks.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Berger protests to Alrik’s order but hands over three of the wineskins he had filled with the potent spirits with a sigh. He glares absentmindedly at Alrik never taking his eyes of the skins.

I will fight for you Bard. The pretty one thinks you will lead me to where I must go. She thinks Orm is just a whiney mule... Har! Har! Har!
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik snatches the wine skins from Berger with a glare. Even though Berger was being cooperative the sound of his voice angered Alrik. Dam rights you'll fight Berger. Now fall into line and pull your weight. Alrik turns to leave and then thinks of something else. He turns back quickly with a fresh blaze of anger in his eyes. Oh, and Berger, If another of my brothers die while you drink I promise you'll be the next to fall. There is no room in Valhalla for those who turn their backs on their brothers. Alrik pauses momentarily, but continues before the big man can interject. If you pull you live up to your oath, and serve faithfully I will see that you drink.

Alirk walks a few paces before turning back all anger gone. Now tell me about the pretty one.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Berger sighs.

The pretty one? She shaved me from drowning. She shed she loves me Bard. If we help her she shed I can here live with her… She’s so pretty.

The runes on Orm sword begins to shift again creating a dull glow, outlining the script in a soft eerie light.

They read.

One approaches.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

As Alrik continues walking asking Berger about this lady. Tell me Berger. Did she ever tell you her name, and if not can you describe her.

ooc through the description would Alrik know who saved Berger.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

"One approaches? What does that mean? Do we got company?" Orm stops and listens. Can footsteps or other sounds be heard?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Berger looks away from watever had held his attention and answers Alrik.

She won't tell me her name Alrik... She's dark skinned like a Skraeling but more b.. beautiful than SIf herself. Hic! I won't lie to you bard. She's naked as an English whore and certainly not shy about it.

Berger looks lustily back up the stairway.

Sigfurd moves to Orm's side.

What is it Orm?

In the distance Orm can hear a dull pounding against the tunnel floor. As the noise grows louder the others hear it as well.

DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

"It must be a giant!" Orm says. "If there will be a fight today, may Thor grant us strength!" Orm prepares for combat.
mikc
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by mikc »

Weoulf strings his bow and peers off into the darkness, breath bated.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik draws his own bow, and knocks an arrow. Berger, and Orm move forward and stay out of sight. Weoulf move to the other side of the path and take cover. If whatever is coming our way is hostile then we'll fill it full of arrows. He turns back to Berger and Orm. We'll draw whatever this is to us, and when it passes you, take it from behind. If it's a wild beast then kill it. If it's intellegent then let's try to take it alive. It'd be nice to have some questions answered.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

A small furry creature darts out of the shadows and into the torchlight.

It looks like a large puffy rat covered in thick white fur. It stops dead in it's tracks and to everyone's surprise speaks quickly in a terrified high pitched voice.

Sons of Odin... huff huff huff... You must help me... They know what you have done....

Behind the rodent, the sound of large thumping feet approaches.
mikc
Keeper
Keeper

Post by mikc »

Weoulf looks to Alrik for guidance.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik makes a judgment call and decides to trust the talking rodent. We defeated the Fenris wolf surely we can defeat these foes. He signals Berger, and Orm to hide again. I say we stick with our plan. Weoulf and I will draw them in with arrows, and when they charge past you you take them from behind. (That's not what I meant so get your mind out of the gutter.)

ooc If there are spots to climb on safely and quickly Alrik will try to climb out of range and signal Weoulf to do the same. If not we'll retreat as far as the door and keep shooting. please feel free to roll for me if needed just to keep things going.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OOC - Never for combat rolls :D

The "rodent" darts through the Viking's legs and scurries up the first flight of the winding staircase and turns his eyes towards the party. They can see the red in the creatures eyes glowing in the dark like hot coals. It reminds them of the terrible beasts that boarded and sunk the Icebreaker. The Bears and Walrus and Narwhales all with terrible red glowing eyes.

It's coming! From Jotunheim, they come for you all. Flee for your lives you fools...

Berger rushes forward as instructed and crouches against the wall as SIgfurd douses his torch and huddles beside him. Orm does the same on the opposite wall.

Alrik and Weoulf stand a few feet from the stair well as the blue skinned giant show's itself through the light of Alriks's fiery torch. It fixies its gaze on the Viking archers as planned and bellows in an angry familiar tongue.

There you are Grigrigg! Taken up lot with the wolf hunters now? Heh! Heh! Heh!

The Frost Giant has to crouch to fit through the 15ft ceiling. Fury burns in its eyes as it passes right over top of the trio of Vikings hiding against the walls of the tunnel.

ooc - Alrik and Weolf roll to hit the Frost Giant. I'll roll damage. I don't want you to know how cool your weapons are yet. (if they even are cool...) Orm roll Hide and Luck.
mikc
Keeper
Keeper

Post by mikc »

Weoulf lets fly with an arrow, which goes wildly off course. Instinctively, he curses the new bow.

ooc - rolled 93 (skill 75%), can't seem to get Invisible castle to work just now.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik pulls his bow back as far as he can and releases two quick arrows.

ooc hit both times http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1926264/

ooc are we far enough back that we can get more than one volley into him before he kills us.
mikc
Keeper
Keeper

Post by mikc »

Piano man wrote:ooc are we far enough back that we can get more than one volley into him before he kills us.
ooc - my thought exactly! Valhalla, here we come!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Alrik's arrows penetrate the Frost Giants thick blue skin. (6 damage) Each time the Bard releases an arrow, he feels strange and open to the gargantuan creature. Weolf has less luck with his own bow he plundered from the treasure room of Tyr. He finds that on his first shot, the bow jerks suddenly,throwing his aim and his arrow into the side of the corridor. His second shot has the opposite effect. As Weoulf's aim centers the bow on the giants chest, the bow jerks upwards and to Weoulf's surprise, the arrow flies into one of the giant's eyes. (14 damage)

The Frost Giant surges forward, determined to reach the Viking bowman, not noticing the Vikings at his feet as he passes them by.

ooc- OK you each get two more shots if you can beat a 17 for initiative.. Please roll initiative. 1d10 plus Dex. If you roll above 14 then you get two more shots. The Frost Giant didn't notice the Vikings hidden on the side as Alrik planned. Orm please roll 1d10 for initiative and 1d100 to strike.

Return to “Chapter 4 : Spirit and Scramasax”