Brow of Y'mer (Alrik, Weoulf, Orm and Berger)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Brow of Y'mer (Alrik, Weoulf, Orm and Berger)

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The giants eyes widen as the crystal skull glows. He speaks quickly and with great fear in his voice as Orm asks his question.

Yes! This place is sacred to my people. Mount Odin. I will take you there if I must but I will not shed my own kin's blood on this site, such an act would assure a place for me in Hel. My brothers have begun the blóð holræsi... A powerfrul and ancient ritual. The blood from the Fenris wolf will be fed to our young to make them powerful. When all the blood is drained, the wolf will rise... A godly abomination.... An insult to the gods!
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-Nice!So we need to stop that weird ritual. Well, I doubt we will go to a hell worst than this place...
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Henrik »

<blue>"Mount Odin? Why is the mountain named after the leaders of the Aesir?"</blue> Orm queries.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The frost giant grins wide.

Your gods left these lands long ago giant slayer! Left them to the giants and the skraelings... Odin's tomb lies deep in the heart of mount Odin. It is a powerful place, rich with magics and runes long lost.... even to the gods. I found you in the final resting place of Tyr deep below the peak of Mount Tyr itself. Though the Aesir have left this place, their titles stand. Even the Jotun would not disrespect the king of the Aesir by renaming such powerful places.

ooc-If you check out Baffin island Henrik. There are mountains named after all of the Norse Gods and legends. You're the first to notice! hahah! Nice one!
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

OOC: Didn't know that. Interesting. Not even sure where Baffin Island lies :) Not that well versed in the geography of the northwestern America.

"Odin's tomb? What are you saying giant? Won't Odin await me and my friends in the halls of Valhalla? Is he buried? Is the king of the Aesir dead?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The giant grinned wide.

No Odin is not dead... nor was Tyr buried in his tomb! There fate is still sealed in the Ragnarok. These places were built in their honor long before they left. Perhaps when they finally do die, there will be a place for them here on Helluland. For when the halls of Valhalla fall and Asgard burns... These mountains born from Y'mer himself will remain and we, the forgotten... will fill its tombs with the blood of kings.

ooc- Baffin island is right below Greenland.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-How far is that place? Does it have skraelings or anything there?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

No... the native inhabitants on the island. Those who follow the exiled mistress... The skraelings as you call them. They do not enter the mountains. Only the frost giants and a few of Sedna's creations dare cross the gate into our realm.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-So, how long it will take us to there?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

No more than a day provided we avoid any patrols.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

"Hmmm..."Olof inspects the giant. "Would you be able to carry us? I'm certain that if we travelled with giant strides it would be faster. And your service would be ended faster."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

I could carry three of you on my back. The bard and the drunkard will have to ride the Ijiraat scum. And my debt to you will be paid in full once we reach Mount Odin?

ooc- So Sigfurd, Weoulf and Orm will be carried by the Frost Giant. Berger and Alrik will ride the Ijirrat in cariboo form.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

Alrik listens to the exchange as he thinks about what he wants to do. When he hears the Giant's claim to his debt Alrik perks up. Does your honor slip so quickly Jarl. Our agreement was your debt ended when we were safe from your lands with the spear. As to fighting your clan you need not worry about that. I do not think you would be enough if it came to battle. I do not plan on starting any battles. We did not best you because we are stupid, and we know our limits. Don't think us weak though. I have not doubt that with our new weapons we could at least deal your clan a devastating blow, but I have no wish to find out. For now get us as close to the spot where the spear is without being seen. We'll finalize our plans then. Alrik fixes the giant with a glare before continuing. Do not try to betray us Giant. I will not kill you, but I will make sure that everyone of your clan knows of your treachery before I die.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Just see by this point of view, giant: if we finish our quest, we will leave this place and you will never see us again.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Jarl sighs deeply knowing his debt must be paid in full.

Then you will leave!

He looks hard at Alrik and then flashes Orm a brief, but fearful glance before turningback to the Viking bard away.

Very well.. we will move quickly for a few a miles. Then I will carry you in a sac. I will have to pass through a sentry of my brothers. I will not be searched, but your presence in our lands will not be tolerated.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

"Sounds fair, Jarl". Although Olof doesn't find the thought of being put in a sack like a hunk of meat appealing, it might be a very smart way of getting passed any sentries without arousing suspiscion.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

I'm afraid I disagree Olof. It would be all too convenient to get us all in a sack. Then bashing us on some rocks a few times, and no one would ever know he broke his word. I will not take this chance. There has to be another way in. I just need to get close enough to sneak into the camp. The rest of you will wait and watch. The quest is more important, and if I die then I want you to all to continue on without me and forget about the spear. I will sing all of your praises in Valhalla, and none of you will be denied entry. It is for our gods that we must do this, and for our people. He looks to each of the men in the circle, and meets each of their their eyes before moving on. They all know by now that this was an order, and not open for discussion. Now giant lead us on another path and save us the wasted words by arguing about it.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

see pm guys and let me know what you think

I already got one repalcement but I don't want to invite them unless you guys are committed as well.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Hum, he have a point you know. We could be easily killed without any witness.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OK GUYS! GAME ON!

GO TO CHAPTER 5: NEVER CRY WOLF

Return to “Chapter 4 : Spirit and Scramasax”