Page 1 of 1

Ogtuk-Luk - Loyal Protector

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:00 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Ogtuk-luk watches over his unconscious friends with a vigilance only the Shaman Protector could provide. Yuralria, Unulaq and the Norseman Thorrin lie motionless on the floor of the Shaman's Hut. A low lit fire crackles above the silence...

Unulaq knows something about the spirit world. His old Shaman, Aglakti, had taught him what he needed to know. He could never rouse her. This was important. It was up to the Shaman to find her way home. Through her own magics granted to her by the goddess Sedna, Yuralria must find her own way back to her people or offend the god and risk banishment from the Spirit World. Ogtuk-luk's was responsible for her physical body. To make sure that none defiled or harmed her while she journeyerd the confusing lands of the Spirit World.

Unulaq and Thorrin were less closely bound to the place. They were visitors and if necessary, they could be pulled back by force. Aglakti had taught him this trick. There was only one thing that could bring them back.... Fire!

As Ogtuk-Luk pondered the lessons he had learned, the flap to Yuralria's tent fluttered slightly.

ooc- Spot Hidden roll please.

Re: Ogtuk-Luk - Loyal Protector

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:02 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-Luk sat at the fire in quiet medetation: his senses sharp. Honed through years of training and practice; Oktug-Luk was aware of all around him.

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:07 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ogtuk-Luk spots a small white Fox poke his nose into the tent. He recognizes the fox as the pet of the Thule Boy Torngusac. The Fox freezes when Ogtuk-Luk spots him and then sniffs the ground. He takes a cautious step forward towards the fire. '

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:18 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-Luk looks to the fox, but makes not other moves. Gently he says: "Come in, friend. Warm yourself. Torngusac, you may enter too, if you are out there"

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:22 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The arctic Fox seems very receptive to the Shaman protector's invitation and slowly enters, dragging his bushy tail along the wall as he begins to circle the inside perimeter of the Hut. Torngusac does not answer.

The Fox looks around the Shaman's hut and then back to Ogtuk-Luk.

ooc - Spot Hidden again please.

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:28 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-Luk watches the fox intently and notices something.

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:41 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ogtuk-Luk spots the fox's eyes as he quickly scans the room. They are bright red.

The Fox notices this and holds Ogtuk-Luk's gaze quizically.

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:56 pm
by ryansommer
[OOC: As I recall, this means he has been possessed by evil, correct?]

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:12 pm
by DSIGFUSS
OOC, maybe we should get this straight before we continue. No worries though. It's been a little confusing. Here is what you know of the Ijiraat. Normally the Ijiraat have been a peaceful creature of myth. Just like humans there are good ones and bad ones. In the stories Ogtuk-Luk remembers from his childhood, most are good. All of the Ijiraat have the ability to shape changer into any actic animal. They are not possessed or evil. They are Inuit spirits, able to cross over to the Spirit World and back as they please.

See link

http://callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.p ... b6c#p31795

However in the past few days, The Dorset people have had actual encounters with the Ijiraat and none have been friendly. All of the Ijiraat they have encountered have had a Viking symbol carved onto their bellies. The symbol stands for Loki. The Viking trickster god. Thorrin (The Viking Unulaq and Tornuaq found washed up on the shores of Baffin island) has told you that Loki is bad.

Does that clear things up a bit. Either way its good that you play slightly confused cuz your memeory of the Ijiraat fades over time if you don't speak of the event often. This is why stories are told. :D

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:20 pm
by ryansommer
"Ijiraat, you are welcome to share my fire so long as your intentions are peaceful." Ogtuk-Luk says calmly as he motions for the animal to an open space near the fire, but away from the Shaman's body. Ogtuk-Luk moves closer to the body; taking his spear into his hands. "In recent days, your kind have been tainted by the white men's god, Loki. Many have been attacked by these tainted Ijiraat. I mean you no disrespect, spirit, but please show me that you do not bear the mark of Loki."

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:50 am
by DSIGFUSS
The Ijiraat Fox grins and lies down next to the fire, groaning like an old woman after a hard day skinning seals. It turns playfully and almost seductively over onto its back giving Ogtuk-Luk a full view of it's underbelly. The Fox looks coyly at Ogtuk-Luk and addresses the Shaman Protector in an old Inuit woman's voice.

You were certainly raised right young child of the frozen rain. So polite and understanding. Are you satisfied?

Ogtuk-luk sees no rune carved onto the little Fox

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:03 am
by ryansommer
"Yes, Wise One" Ogtuk-luk said, "I am satisfied. With all that has happened recently, I must be as dilligent a I can be in my duties. We need our Shaman more than ever. Please understand" Ogtuk-Luk bowed his head in respect and set his spear down at his side. "I am honored to share my fire with you, wise one. Do you have insight Ito this Loki spirit that corrupts your brethren?"

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:53 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The Fox hisses reflexively as Ogtuk-Luk speaks the name Loki.

Please young one. Do not speak his name. Words give power to those whose tales survive the test of time. I do not know why this old god has returned to our island. All that I know is that his people have hurt those I care for dearly in his name.

My name is Kadzit..

The Fox then looks to the Shaman and approaches her slowly.

She is not here is she Protector? I recognize her breathing. My dearest friend breathed in much the same way when she visited the spirit realm. Did she take the others with her? Even the Norseman then heh? Many will fear a whiteman returning to the Spirit World...

Kadzit brushes up against Ogtuk-Luk's leg as he moves closer to the unconscious Yuralria.

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:11 pm
by ryansommer
"My appoligies, wise Kadzit" Ogtuk-Luk said, "That name shall never be spoken again lest we empower and allow it to suvive. Your name, Kadzit and that of all Ijiraat shall be spoken at all fires for your power will surely be needed in the coming days."
Looking to the three forms on the floor of the tent: "You are correct, Kadzit. Yuralria and the others are in the spirit world. I pray for her return as I protect her body from harm. Yuralria seeks answers from the spirit world on how our people can survive the coming invasion."

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:25 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- Spot Hidden check.

The Fox nods.

Yes... The Spirit World holds answers to a great many questions if you know where to look and whom to ask.

Kadzit moves closer to Ogtuk-luk curling her furry body around the Shaman Protector's legs speaking casually in her new position of comfort.

The Norse white devils have their own magic now. Until so recently, their magic could not penetrate the barrier that separates this world from the next. It seems that The Vikings have domain over Sedna's realm once more.

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:45 pm
by ryansommer

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:44 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ogtuk-Luk notices Unulaq stir. Taking a closer look he notices the Dorset Hunter is swetting profusely. Unulaq mumbles.

Yuralria... Run!!

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:14 pm
by ryansommer
"They are in danger" Ogtuk-Luk says. "Could it be that the Ijiraat who have been tainted can pass to the spirit world? Kadzit, can you help Yuralria?"

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:04 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The spirit world is a dangerous place child... and vast in its size and complexity. I could enter, but it would be like finding a single flake of snow on a mountain side. I am no help to your Shaman. If Yuralria is in danger, she must find her way back to the beginning of her spirit quest. So is the Shaman's way.

Kadzit walks calmly over to Unulaq and sniffs him.

This one, however, can be taken from there by force if need be. By... Fire.

Yuralira and Thorrin soon begin to stir as well. Beads of swet drip from their faces.

Yuralria shouts

"No, please....I can't lose it. It means everything to me!"

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:34 pm
by ryansommer
"Yuralria is in danger." Ogtuk-Luk says with concern. "If she is to make it back to us, she'll need all the help she can get. I will leave the others to help her in her journey." Ogtuk-Luk gathers up his spear and stands over Yuralria in a protective stance. "If she is being attacked in the spirit world, they could try to attack her body here as well. Be on guard Kadzit"

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:32 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ogtuk-Luk watches helplessly as the Viking Thorrin, Unulaq and Yuralria shake and moan for whatever stresses they are experiencing in the Spirit World. Kadzit watches them carefully with what Ogtuk-Luk can only suspect was concern for Ogtuk-luk's charges.

Then Kadzit's acute senses picks up on an approaching figure and he stands to attention, staring intently on the Shaman Hut's entrance.

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:44 pm
by ryansommer
Noticing the change in Kadzit's demeanor: "What is it, Wise One? Who approaches?" Ogtuk-Luk lays his spear at his side and picks up his bow. He nocks and arrow and readies the weapon to fire should an enemy appear in the door way.

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:57 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The tent flap on the Shaman's Hut begins to slowly pull aside. Ogtuk-Luk knows that everyone in the village knows that it is forbidden for anyone Dorset to enter the Shaman's Hut without the permission of the Elders or the Shaman.

ooc - Spot Hidden Roll please.

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:16 pm
by ryansommer
Staring intently at the flap, Ogtuk-Luk says sternly: "Show yourself and identify yourself!" He draws his bow back, preparing to fire.

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:48 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ogtuk-luk spots a pair of seal skinned boots peeking their way from beneath the flap. When he shouts an older voice answers. Ogtuk-luk recognizes it right away to be the venerable Dorset hunter Qannaq.

Hold Protector!

Qannaq opens the flap and is careful not ot step in. He has always been respectful of the Shaman's rules even though he was clearly spying. His eyes flash immediately to the Ijiraat Fox.

So it is true! I tracked the ijiraat dog to this tent. Explain yourself!

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:08 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-Luk lowers his bow.
"Why were you sulking about, Qunnaq? These are dangerous times and the safety of our Shaman is of the upmost importance."Motioning towards the Kadzit, he continues: " This is Kadzit, one of the wise Ijiraat. I have checked her for the brand of the white man's corrupting god and she does not have one. She is safe. Now come in, and warm yourself. You say you tracked the fox here?"
Ogtuk-Luk sets his bow down and picks up his spear again: ever vigilant while the Shaman is in danger.

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:21 pm
by DSIGFUSS

The Elders were concerned there was an Ijiraat in the village. Normally I would disagree with their caution. Little do our people pay attention to the comings and goings of our own village. There is often one of your kind amongst us is this not true Kadzit?

Kadzit smiles and nods.

It is true hunter. We enjoy watching you children fumble around. Your courtships are particularly amusing. We mean you no harm.

Qannaq continues.

The Thule boy who can speak with the white man brought your new Ijiraat friend to us. I tracked him from the hut we were using to care for the boy.

ooc- The "Thule" are the neghboring Eskimos that live on the coast. Your tribe lives at the base of the mountains. You saw the Thule village burning off in the distance during the combing ceremony. The Vikings attacked them first.

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:37 pm
by ryansommer
"Is the boy hurt?" Ogtuk-Luk says with concern

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:52 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Qannaq shakes his head.

No the Elder's are using him to communicate with the whiteman Faroo anad Mannitok hunted. He hid the Ijiraat from us.

Kadzit smiles poking fun at Qannaq.

In plain sight no less!

Qannaq returns the smile, although begrudgingly.

Yes! In plain sight.... Heh Heh! I'm sure the boy meant no harm but these are strange times Ogtuk-luk. If the rune has bound the boy to the white men, then we have much to fear from anything he calls friend.

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:52 am
by ryansommer
"I agree that we cannot be too carefully, wise hunter. In these dangerous times we must be vigilant and band together. Please, stay and warm yourself. Together we are stronger and better able to protect our people."

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:31 am
by DSIGFUSS
Qannaq nods and sits keeping an obvious and careful eye on Kadzit. The three sit in confortable silence as Dorset men often do. Qannaq takes out a piece of ivory and begin to carve. It looks like the hunter is carving a spear head shaped like an armored man.

Then the silence is broken by Unulaq who wimpers through clenched teeth.

Nanoook! Loki is your enemy!

Then Thorrin, the friendly Viking, cries out.

Nooooo!

Followed almost immediately by the Shaman's cry...

Unulaq! Waaaaaaake up!

Qannaq stands, his carving knife in hand and looks warily at Ogtuk-luk. He clearly does not know what to make up the night terrors his friends are having.

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:06 pm
by ryansommer
Heeding the Saman's cry, Ogtuk-Luk moves to wake Unulaq. He grabs him by the shoulders and shakes him in an attempt to wake him up.

OOC: Unulaq is not the Shaman, right? If so, I do not want to wake the Shaman.

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:02 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - there are three people sleeping. Unulaq the hunter, Thorrin the Viking the Dorset tribe recently befriended, and Yuralria the Shaman. It will take a bit to get used to the names.

ooc- make an idea check.

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:25 pm
by ryansommer

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:55 pm
by ryansommer
OOC - Still waiting on the result of my idea roll.

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:16 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- Idea roll = Fire.

As Ogtuk-Luk shakes Unulaq, three black streaks suddenly carve themselves deeply over Unulaq's chest. The Dorset hunter screams in agony.

Qannaq's eyes dart nervously from the Ijiraat Fox to Ogtuk-luk. He clearly wishes that he was not here to witness this supernatural event.

What is happening brother! Is Unulaq...

Qannaq backs up a few steps towards the Shaman Hut's entrance. He has the look of a rabbit about to dart away.

The Ijiraat Fox however remains calm and shouts out words of encouragement to Ogtuk-luk.

Help him guardian. You know what you must do.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:54 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: Is there some information Ogtuk-Luk might have to wake him up as a protector? Is there somethign specific I need to ahve him do that I don't know about but he would know?

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:15 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - did you get my pm... Burn baby! Burn!

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:45 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: Was this meant for this thread?

Ogtuk-Luk remains calm. The knows, deep down, that the valiant hunter is doing battle in the spirit world and may be the only thing able to protect the Shamman in her dangerous journey.
"Fight, brother. Fight your way back to us" he says aloud.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:42 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- hahah.. I was wondering where that post went. lol

Ogtuk-luk's words echoe through the hut as the Shaman's fire burns dimly at its center. Qannaq grabs hold of the the Shaman Protector's shoulder.

Look Ogtuk-Luk!

The Black streaks on Unulaq's chest begin to twist and writhe, expanding in strange arcs like ink on hide.

The Ijiraat Fox Kadzit yelps and scampers out of the Hut into the snow as if he has seen a ghost.

Qannaq's eyes follow the fox and looks back to Ogtuk-luk.

I... I must follow the Ijiraat. I... Will they be....

Qannaq simply nods and looks grimly at his unconscious tribesmen, sweating and shaking around the fire. He turns and runs after the white fured fox with the glowing red eyes.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:50 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-Luk picks up his spear with one hand and a burning stick from the fire with the other. He takes the stick whos tip burn bright read with embers and moves it towards the black streaks on Unulaq's chest. He watches for a reaction as me moves the glowing ember at the end of the stick closer to the black streaks. Eventually, he makes brief contact with the black.

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:39 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Unulaq awakens suddenly in front of Ogtu-luk, his eyes wide with terror.

He calls out.

Thorrin!

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:51 pm
by ryansommer
"Unulaq!" Ogtuk-luk says. "What happened? Tell me what went on in the spirit world. What of our shaman?!"

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:34 am
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq sat up and his hand went to his chest, his eyes went to the burning stick in Ogtuk-Luk's hands. "What did you do?" he asked wide-eyed and nervously. "Nanook ... he was there, corrupted - the big black bear, and we were about to calm him to help him."

His hand brushed through his hair as he looked away worried. "I hope they're ok."

He looked at a distant point beyond the confines of the structure they were within as he tries to grasp what he had just beheld. "I sang with Thorrin, a powerful magic... and I saw ... Valhalla." He shook his head in disbelief.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:43 am
by ryansommer
Ooc: is there any way to allow him to reenter the spirit world?

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:21 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc: Depends, you see any other Shamans around here?

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:11 pm
by DSIGFUSS
When Unulaq looks down at the burn on his chest he sees three long black claw marks. The black shifts strangely before Unulaq's eyes like a blot of ink suspended in water. They cause him no pain at tthe moment... The only pain comes from the burn Ogtuk-luk had given the Dorset hunter to wake him from the spirit world.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:15 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-luk yells out for Kadzit: "Kadzit, come back. We must return this man to the spirit world."

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:11 am
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq rubs his hand across the claw marks and lifted an eyebrow curiously. "What manner of illness is this? Wait... this seems bad, but could be a good thing. We must find a cure for this blackness before I go back. If I can cleanse myself somehow, then we could bring back Nanook from his corruption."

He stood up and looked back to Ogtuk-Luk. "What is done is done. Perhaps it was Sedna's will to bring me back this way. Sending me back will do no good. It was a long walk to the point where we were. I would never get back in time."

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:36 pm
by ryansommer
"How can we cure you of this blackness?"

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:04 pm
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq didn't know the answer to that question. It wasn't a physical injury, but a spiritual one. "We will have to ask a Shaman, or we could ask the Elders, maybe on of them have experienced this before."

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:46 pm
by ryansommer
"This is bad news indeed." Ogtuk-luk says. "I am afraid I have failed as protector. Let us pray she can make it back to us safely."

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:19 pm
by DSIGFUSS
As Ogtuk-luk and Unulaq discuss their plains and failed endevours, Thorrin begins to stir in his sleep. The cloth shirt he wears tares suddenly and a familiar claw shaped black streak appears over Thorrin's right shoulder. The blackness imediately begins to take root in Thorrin's skin shifting and roping about like some dark sea creature.

Sleeping next to Yuralria, Thorrin winces in pain and instinctively reaches for his wounded shoulder. He mumbles something in Norse. Unulaq hears his name somewhere amongst the Norse mumbling. He hears Tornuaq's name as well.

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:14 pm
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq knelt down beside Thorin, "We should wake him before Nanook gets the better of him. Can you do to him what you did to me?" he asked looking up to Ogtuk-Luk.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:42 pm
by ryansommer
"I am not sure waking him is hte best thing for Yuralria. Just as you said, the three of you were engaged in battle with Nanook and removing you from that battle was a bad thing." Ogtuk-luk says. "While I am here to protect Yuralria's body while on the 'other' side, Tornuaq can protect her spirit while other there."

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:08 pm
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq shook his head and frowned, "You misunderstand the situation. Yuralria was not there. Thorrin an me, the blue lady, many shadow people, and Nanook. I don't know where Yuralria went to, but I suppose she is safe whereever she happened off to."

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:32 pm
by ryansommer
"What happened to Yuralria? When did you get separated?" Ogtuk-luk says. He grabs another embered stick from the fire. "I used this, to awake you" he says, holding up the stick.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:25 pm
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq nodded, understanding and grabbed for another hot-ended stick to try to stir Thorrin before it was too late as he related a brief recap of the story from the other side. "We came upon a cave, coated in black as if something massive and oozing black had squeezed in. We followed and soon found many of these spears with special red-colored stones. Yuralria feared a Shaman hunter was in the cave so I left her with Thorrin to head forward into the cave and search. When I found Nanook, the great white bear, he was covered in black oozing foulness - corrupted the shadow people said. He was not himself and smelled Yuralria I think... so he started charging out the way I came. The blue-skinned lady and myself gave chase, but were too slow. We were cut off by shadow people who thought we were evil, for we sought to care for Nanook and he was clearly acting evil. After we convinced them to hold opposition until we handled Nanook, I continued running and did not make it to Yuralria and Thorrin before she had already disappeared. She must have been there only moments before, for I heard her say something... but it was cut short. Thorrin remained behind and helped me with Nanook by singing some Norse song magic. I joined in and it seemed to be working - just before you woke me up. That left Thorrin alone with Nanook... he is no challenge for the great bear by himself."

Unalaq jabbed at Thorrin's skin with the burning stick in hopes of waking the Norse man up.

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:34 am
by DSIGFUSS
As the hot embers touch Thorrin's skin, the Viking bard wakes just as suddenly and disorientated as Unulaq had.

He reaches for Unulaq and embraces him, shouting in his native tongue. Unulaq cannot understand, but the feeling of relief and fear shines through with every foreign word.

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:57 pm
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq smiled and clapped his hand on the Norse man's shoulder, relieved as well. He held up a forefinger between them and then pointed to the black markings on his shoulder. He asks, knowing he wouldn't be understood, "Have you seen this before?" Unalaq then exposed his own chest and the black marking there. There was a sense of concern in his eyes. He wondered if this is how it began ... slowly eating you from the inside until you were as corrupted as Nanook.

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:16 pm
by ryansommer
"Let the gods be with our Shaman, for she is alone now." Ogtuk-luk says, with his head bowed. He knees by the side of the body and rests his hand on hers: "May your journey be safe." he mutters quietly.

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:03 am
by DSIGFUSS
After Thorrin recovers from the shock of awakening from the spirit world so suddenly he puts a hand on Unulaq's shoulder. He grabs one of the sticks from the fire and scribes a strange looking symbol on the floor of the Shaman's hut.

He points to the symbol and says "NOD"

He then begins to sing. Ogtuk-luk had never heard ther bard sing before and is surprised at how beautiful the Viking bard's voice is.

Et åttende som jeg vet : hvilken kunner kan synge for deres weal hvis de lærer det godt ; hvor hat skal voks
‹midtkrigerne sønnene, kan berolige jeg det snart med den sangen.

Of course, it is gibberish to Unulaq and Ogtuk-luk but the look in Thorrin's eyes says that Thorrin hopes desperately Unulaq understands.

ooc- Unulaq can see the symbol glow.

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:03 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-luk watches and listens with awe

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:39 pm
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq, still quite clueless at the Norse tongue, listened intently for clues as to what he was implying and took an instinctive step back once the mark started glowing. "It glows like of the sun." He took a step closer and held his hand out toward the mark to see if it gave off any heat.
ooc,I have no clue what he's trying to tell me. Should I roll an idea check?

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:21 am
by DSIGFUSS
OOC- He is speaking Norse so it is difficult to say. No need for the idea check. Thorrin continues.

Thorrin senses Unulaq's frustration so he slows his song down.

Et åttende som jeg vet :

Thorrin repeats the words again and gestures to Unulaq again with his hands, struggling for the translation until he remembers..

Sing?

Et åttende som jeg vet :

ooc- If you still have no ideas please make an idea check.

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:07 am
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq felt a little embarrassed to sing this strange language in front of Ogtuk-Luk, but he knew it was probably necessary else Thorin wouldn't request it. He nodded and joined in. He sang slowly, mimicing the words as best as e could. It was a bit more difficult than the other song.

"Et åttende som jeg vet : hvilken kunner kan synge for deres weal hvis de lærer det godt ; hvor hat skal voks
‹midtkrigerne sønnene, kan berolige jeg det snart med den sangen."

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:00 pm
by DSIGFUSS
As Thorrin finishes coaching Unulaq through the Viking verse, The rune flashes strange light once again. A peculiar calm washes over both Thorrin and Ogtuk-luk. Where Ogtuk-luk may have seemed anxious and aggressive towards whatever forces were threatening Yuralria in the spirit world, he now felt calm. Where Thorrin may have seemed excitable, he now felt calm.

Thorrin smiled and slowly nodded his head.

Good Unulaq! Good!

ooc – Sanity check Unulaq please.

ooc – Sanity check Ogtuk-luk please.

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:53 pm
by ryansommer
After all that has happened today; the quite of his normal life shattered, Ogtuk-luk cannot take mush more. His mind races as he witness the magic infront of him.

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:05 pm
by ImpInTraining
Sanity Check,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2316625/]Sanity (53%) (1d100=4)[/url] - that's less than 10%... is that a crit? Don't I get something for that? Maybe a spikey orange haired troll doll for my Bingo game?
Unalaq was becoming quite accepting to all the magic having been flung about these past hours. He has always held the Shamans' in high regard, and always wondered what it was like to delve in these spiritual ways. Now he got his chance, and he was beginning to like it.

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:22 pm
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq looked shaken a bit after the song. Not frightened, but as if he'd been out of place for a moment and was just regaining his bearings.

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:55 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Thorrin is delighted with Unulaq's performance or at least the wide grin on his face says so. He pats the Dorset hunter on the back.

The calming effect on Ogtuk-luk last for only a moment but the experience leaves him noticeably bewildered.

Then Yuralria stirs in her spirit world induced slumber.

Tornuaq! No! Please! Swim!

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:55 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Tornuaq?!" Unalaq repeats snapping out of his stupor for the moment as he approaches Yuralria. "How could he have found his way there? I thought he was going after the dagger." He looks toward Ogtuk-Luk and then back again. "I wish there were some way we could get back there, but I fear she has gone somewhere where we would not have access."

Absently, he looks down at his chest to see if the black marks remain. "We cannot afford to awaken her just yet if there is a chance she can safe Tornuaq from his fate."

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:38 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The Black scar on Unulaq's chest shifts ever so slightly. All around it's perimeter, tiny, black worms, nearly invisible to the naked eye, wriggle in and out of Unulaq's skin. Unulaq can barely feel the mark's presence.

ooc- Unulaq see pm.

ooc - Ogtuk-luk - roll spot hidden

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:56 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-luk is too worried about Yuralria to notice anything.

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:01 pm
by ImpInTraining
With a sudden gasp, Unalaq takes a step back from Yuralria and puts his hands up in the air. His skin has lost a shade of color as he looks at Thorrin questioningly.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:48 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Thorrin returns the concerned look. His ears suddenly perk up, however as everyone in the room hears the muffled sounds of a man shouting in Norse from somewhere in the village.

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:47 pm
by ryansommer
"Who could that be?!" Ogtuk-luk says.

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:31 pm
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq's eyes narrowed and he feared that the village had fallen under attack by the Norse. He walked over and grabbed up his spear saying "I will find out. Watch over your charge. I'll let you know if there is anything to be concerned over." He found some skin jackets and put them over Thorrin, pulling the hood up to cover the man's blonde hair. Then Unalaq waved Thorrin along, "Come," he said simply.

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:08 pm
by ryansommer
"Very well. Be safe" Ogtuk-luk said. "I shall stay here to protect our Shaman." Ogtuk-luk laid his spear next to the prone form of the Shaman, and readied his bow. He knelt next to the Shaman and trained his bow on the door of the hut.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:34 pm
by DSIGFUSS
With fires being kept to a minimum, the North air was errily still in the Dorset village.

Unulaq and Thorrin could both hear a deep Viking voice call out once more.

Thorrin looked questioningly at Unulaq, obviously frustrated he could not translate what was being said. He motioned something about a beard and then hurried through the village. The Viking voice was coming from the Elder's Hut.

ooc- Ogtuk-luk spot hidden

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:16 am
by ryansommer
Invisivble castle is down.

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:03 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: I rolled on the forum you suggested and got a 7. I am not sure how to link it, though.

Ogtuk0luk, knowing the fate of the Shaman and possibly his people, was vigilant as ever.

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:45 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ogtuk-luk spots the arctic Fox Kadzit hiding under the flap of an adjacent hut. Ogtuk-luk would never have spotted him if it weren't for the light shining from the Shaman's Hut behind him. All of the hutts in the Dorset village were dark. The Shaman Hutt's fire reflected playfully off the Ijiraat's bright red eyes.

The Ijirrat Fox slowly comes out from under the flap and begins to approach Ogtuk-luk once again.

He stops at the entrance to the Shaman's Hutt and looks up at Ogtuk-luk.

So?

ooc- Unulaq.. I assumed you followed Thorrin. Thorrin burst into the Elders hutt to investigate the Viking voice. Please post in the Hunt for Kalituk thread.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:36 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Just as Kadzit re-enters the Shaman's hut, Ogtuk-luk looks back to see Yuralria's physical form fade away into nothingness. Her spear at her side vanishes as well.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:36 pm
by ryansommer
"No! No! Yuralria!" Ogtuk Luk exclaims. " Kadzit, what happened to her? Where is she?!"

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:37 pm
by ryansommer
[OOC: Sorry, man. I must have missed that post!]

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:29 am
by DSIGFUSS
Kadzit eyes widen in surprise.

Goodness! No protector... your charge is not dead. The tether that binds her to her corporal form would have been severed, leaving her a broken shell of a woman.

Kadzit tilts his head slightly.... pondering.

Unless her soul was destroyed. I have never heard of such thing Ogtuk-luk. Of course, the Ijiraat were banished from the spirit world long ago. My people have not practiced the spirit walk in thousands of moons.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:24 pm
by ryansommer
"But you can do it, right?" Ogtuk-luk asks. "You haven't practiced the spirit walk, but can you still walk there?"

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:49 pm
by DSIGFUSS
No.. That is my point young one. My people cannot walk with the spirits any longer. Your answers willnot come from me Protector... and for that I am sorry!

Kadzit sniffs the spot where the Shaman once lay.

She is gone. There is no trace of her fresher than a few hours. What will you do?

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:27 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-Luk colapses in despair: "I have failed! Of the one task given to me, I have failed."

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:38 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Kadzit frowns and sits quietly next to Ogtuk-luk. He lowers his head and Ogtuk-luk can feel the sadness the arctic fox is feeling for the Shaman and his protector.

I lost my Shaman as well child of the forzen rain. I will see you through this... I promise you!

ooc- Nice drama man. I award skill points for such things...

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:43 am
by ryansommer
"What worth do I have, Kadzit?" Ogtuk-luk asks sorrowfully. "Protector is my duty. My name. I have failed Yularia. I have failed by people." Head down, Ogtuk-luk weeps.

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:26 am
by DSIGFUSS
Kadzit lies sullenly next to the fire as Ogtuk-Luk mourns the loss of his charge.

Stay Tuned for Chapter 5 : The Good The Bad and the Eskimo