Everyone

Moderator: kabukiman

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Everyone

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Laboratory?" says Patrick. "We didn't see anything like that, or any borgs. It was just three guys selling it in the fenced-in neighborhood controlled by the local gang. The gang itself had over a dozen guys that we saw, and the sellers must have been there as guests. Whatever facility they use to produce it, it certainly wasn't visible."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-Oh? Strange. Well, at least, was there trucks or any warehouse where they stockpile it? What routine did they make to sell it? Identification? Money transfer?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I didn't see any warehouses or trucks," says Patrick. "Their base of operations is probably somewhere else, and they just sell it there. They also don't deal in large quantities, and I saw no sign of any stockpiles. We were only allowed to buy it after winning a race, and they would only sell us four doses - two for the driver, and two for the shotgun rider. They also said to wait 24 hours after taking one dose before taking another. They said if we want to buy more doses, we'd have to race and win again, and again we'd only be able to buy four." He describes how he made the purchase. "We just paid them the money and they gave us the product."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-That's the weirdest thing I heard. Very amateurish. Probably, they don't have a large production. Well, goodby then.

He leave the place.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Patrick shrugs and turns to his friends. "That was strange," he says. "Well, let's go home now."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Vance gets an interesting look on his face.

"Strange? No. Yes. Not as much as we are. One of two things just happened. Either our friend the executive just purchased something of incredible value obtained at far too little expense, and is planning a raid or investigation, or he wants us to think that. Why would he pay us to buy something worthless? I'm sure he could think of a reason. But if not...we could be near something...that just walked out of the room."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah, with all those questions about their defenses, its sounds like they must have been planning something," says Patrick. "Maybe we could race again and get some more samples for ourselves, so we can have it analyzed independently and find out what's the big deal about it - or maybe even how it's made. I could also start poking around on the Net and see what I can learn."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Of course, if we race again, we might find the place crawling with a corporate borg attack force."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's possible," says Patrick. "Not very subtle, though. I doubt we'd have to race against a corporate driver. If they wanted more of it that way, they'd just hire guys like us. Better to get more info on the Net before deciding what to do next. Before that I'd like to go shopping for better programs with what we just got paid, maybe even upgrade my deck."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Your going online?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Not just yet. First I want to go shopping for new programs or maybe even a better deck. I'll need to know how much money I got paid for the job we just did, and I also don't know the prices of better decks (and how much I'd get for a trade-in of my standard deck).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

You have earn 500 dollar each. A new deck is too expensive (1200 minimum for a deck better than yours). About programmes, I think I have already give you a list, rigth?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, I've got the list. I'm currently using 6 out of 10 Memory Units. I was thinking of buying Force Shield for $160 and Replicator for $320. Each of these takes up 2 Memory Units, which would fill up my deck's memory. Is it only programs that take up space in memory, or do I need to leave room for data I want to download?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

You need space to download in the memory unit. But your basic processor has 1 MU, so as long it is small files you don't need to use the deck.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I can't be sure the files will be that small, so I'll just buy the Force Shield for now and save some space.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC,Ok
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Perhaps Rubix would like to make some of those modification to the car now? At the very least, before we do any more autoracing we should get the tires filled so they are puncture-proof. I can't think of anything Vance would like to buy at the moment, except for replenishing his ammo.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

The improvement need to be made by Rubix. Since he didn't login since 29 of march, I will roleplay him until he returns. So just tell me what kindo of modifications you want in the car, and I will make the rolls (if the are possible of course)...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I got a PM from [b]Rubix[/b]'s player Tangerine on March 29, notifying me of the player's absence from Zombie Apocalypse and asking me to NPC the characters due to various factors. I'm not sure when Tangerine will return.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

[spoiler-button],I had been counting on Rubix to actually think of the modifications. The one I suggested - and the one that I think Rubix would be able to do easily and cheaply, and would be highly motivated to do after the car race in which everyone aimed for each other's tires - was making the tires puncture proof. This is not an unusual modification in the modern world (I think it leads to a rougher ride, which is why is is normally only done to vehicles expected to run into trouble), since it simply involves filling the tire with foam. As a result, even when a hole is opened for air to escape, the tire is full of solid foam and does not lose any performance. However, I would think that he would want to do other modifications as well, of a more mechanical and more difficult nature.[/spoiler-button]

Return to “Chapter 1”