Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Everyone

Post by kabukiman »

What a job!
You could all be in a bar this moment, drinking with some chicks, talking about your last exploit. The problem is, without money, nobody would let you enter in the bar. Or drink anything. And the Happy House family, the corp who owns the apartment where you all live, wouldn’t be very pleased if the rent wasn’t paid. Of course, calling apartment to a room from an ancient high school who was transformed in a Low cost apartment full of Brazilians, Vietnamese and God knows what else, is almost a jock, but it’s better than living in a combat zone, with gangs throwing grenades by the windows, and the neighbours trying to steal your boots in your sleep; everybody here is (relatively) pacific.
Well, a men got to do, what a men got to do. Even so, entering in a zone that is protected with a fence because it is full of chemical waste (“eventually dangerous to the human health” as it is written in a sign) just to buy some new drug, so new that it isn’t be forbidden yet; the guy who contracted you seemed corporate, but was he buying it for himself? Just hope the gang (“The cannibal’s locust”) behave properly when selling the drug (egg shell).

OOC: Each player can make a question as a prior investigation to the mission.
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Re: Everyone

Post by Tangerine »

Trifford Delaney a.k.a.: Rubix:

OOC: I take it we've been hired by a Johnson to buy Egg Shell from the Cannibal's Locust - my question is dependent more on the condition of employment -regarding with whom (lackey or face-to-face to our third-man buyer), where, when... Plus, where are we?

I suppose my question would be regarding techie things! What chemical is the drug - storage/safety/transport, the hazardous waste - can I rig something protective for us? Weapons needed? Who's the CbL?
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Some of those questions I can answer for free. It was a fixer who talked to the corporate man about you 3. You will receive 300$, and the money to buy the drug; you can use normal weapons (this is a buy/sell mission, not a commando mission). You are coming in a car, so as long you don't swimm and stay too long in the more dangerous areas, you don't take too much risks.
The question that count's: Nobody know much about the new drug. It leaves the person in a state of euphoria and very happy (with some bonus in sex), without physical addiction or brain damage. The person can take the pill, have a fantastic night and the next day work as normally (it will only feel tired if didn't sleeped well). It doesn't give any extra energy. Lot's of yuppies are taking it, as some scientists. Four deads were reported, but it was impossible to related it directly with the drug. The name was given, by a user that said he feeled like he was protected against all the evil of the outside world.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Patrick[/b] would like to know any information available about Cannibal's Locust and how they got their hands on the drug.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

To Mr Handy:
OOC,The Cannibal's Locust is a gang of north Koreans. They were a small and unimportant gang,who were kicked from the main city by another gang, so they had to go to the only place that novbody wanted: a zone full of toxic waste and use it as a turf. They started to organize car races to rich and spoiled kids and suddenly they had that new drug that nobody else seems to have. Another gang tried to expelled them, but they were well armed now and they winn. Since they don't seem lo leave the place or ruin others business, the others gangs and the mafia don't bother them
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Tangerine »

Trifford Delaney a.k.a.: Rubix:

(After the propostion is accepted, and all are at their slightly dingy bachelor pad); "I'm thinking that we probably shouldn't just turn up uninvited. Once we've done our initial research - looking at you Mr Lee!", Delaney rolls his head comically across his shoulder to look askance at Patrick, the 'runner, "I'm thinking we should see if we can scope out some info on the place, plan some routes, and set up a netural meet. I don't have much knowledge into medicine, but when we make the buy, I'd like to analyse it. Whip me up a portable chem analyser... or 'salvage' one."

"I'm desperate for some spare cred to start one of my pet projects, so I'm cool with it - even if it is slightly fishy. Maybe our Johnson's a little antsy about gangs."
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Vance can still make his question. And you can discuss what you plan to do exactly.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Vance has spent some time at investigating the area where the deal is supposed to occur. (His question would be: What is the history of the area, with emphasis on the nature of that toxic waste? )

"Antsy? He wants to buy this stuff and he's antsy about them? Who does he think he would get it from? Of course, that doesn't mean anything - reasonable expectations are often too much to expect - maybe he does fear them. What do we have that he doesn't? Expendability in his eyes. Maybe we should be a bit antsy."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Vance,The area was until the late XX century used to farming; the farmers got ruined as the rest of American small landowners and it was abandoned. With the construction of Night city,Petrochem decide to buy the place and announced the installation of a factory (who never saw the light of the day), but some environmental groups discovered it was used to dump chemical wastes. They were force to stop the operations and promised to clean the mess... to this day.Now, some Mexicans and a gang live there
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Is the pay $300 for each of us, or $300 divided between the three of us?
"It's a good idea to be wary," says Patrick. "Still, the pay is good. I could sure use a better deck. That Orion would be a sweet upgrade, and this will help me start saving for it, or maybe I'll buy a new program. In the meantime, I'll have to make do with the one I've got. I'll go online and dig up whatever info I can find. I can also pull up some satellite maps of the area."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

[Spoiler-Button]Text?[/Spoiler-Button]
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Mr Handy go to new thread: netrunning, it will be in the matrix. The others can continue the normal play. Mi-Go agent, are you having trouble using the spoiler botton?
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Evidently.
Spoiler:
What I was trying to say was that I didn't find that answer very helpful, since it doesn't really give me any more information about the toxic chemicals, but I suppose if that is all that can be found I don't have a choice (I might think such information would be available to researchers who tried an unconventional approach like going to one of the world's last libraries).
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

To Mi-Go Agent,You find petroleum hydrocarbon sulfur metals asphaltics detergents
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

(Thanks, kabukiman.)

"Well, then, Patrick, if your heading off to the wonderful world of waking dream also, I'll just let you two zombies travel from the armchair and poke my head outside. Information can't hurt our chances, except in special circumstances. Hey, tea's on," mumbles Vance.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: So will just wait outside(you know there is somewhere near a hole in the fence)?
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

(I didn't know there was a fence.)

At the same time that the kettle whistles, Vance's clock goes off. By the time the sound dies down, he's halfway through a cup of hot but tealess water.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: It's writen in the first post, line 5.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

(First post, line 5 is "from an ancient high school who was transformed in a Low cost apartment full of Brazilians, Vietnamese and God knows", I think. Since everyone has come back from netrunning, I'll wait to see what they say.)

"Well, did you find anything by looking through everything?" Vance asks the returning netrunners.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: I need to buy new glasses: line 8.

Return to “Chapter 1”