Page 1 of 1

Everyone

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:20 am
by kabukiman
What a job!
You could all be in a bar this moment, drinking with some chicks, talking about your last exploit. The problem is, without money, nobody would let you enter in the bar. Or drink anything. And the Happy House family, the corp who owns the apartment where you all live, wouldn’t be very pleased if the rent wasn’t paid. Of course, calling apartment to a room from an ancient high school who was transformed in a Low cost apartment full of Brazilians, Vietnamese and God knows what else, is almost a jock, but it’s better than living in a combat zone, with gangs throwing grenades by the windows, and the neighbours trying to steal your boots in your sleep; everybody here is (relatively) pacific.
Well, a men got to do, what a men got to do. Even so, entering in a zone that is protected with a fence because it is full of chemical waste (“eventually dangerous to the human health” as it is written in a sign) just to buy some new drug, so new that it isn’t be forbidden yet; the guy who contracted you seemed corporate, but was he buying it for himself? Just hope the gang (“The cannibal’s locust”) behave properly when selling the drug (egg shell).

OOC: Each player can make a question as a prior investigation to the mission.

Re: Everyone

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:46 pm
by Tangerine
Trifford Delaney a.k.a.: Rubix:

OOC: I take it we've been hired by a Johnson to buy Egg Shell from the Cannibal's Locust - my question is dependent more on the condition of employment -regarding with whom (lackey or face-to-face to our third-man buyer), where, when... Plus, where are we?

I suppose my question would be regarding techie things! What chemical is the drug - storage/safety/transport, the hazardous waste - can I rig something protective for us? Weapons needed? Who's the CbL?

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:16 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Some of those questions I can answer for free. It was a fixer who talked to the corporate man about you 3. You will receive 300$, and the money to buy the drug; you can use normal weapons (this is a buy/sell mission, not a commando mission). You are coming in a car, so as long you don't swimm and stay too long in the more dangerous areas, you don't take too much risks.
The question that count's: Nobody know much about the new drug. It leaves the person in a state of euphoria and very happy (with some bonus in sex), without physical addiction or brain damage. The person can take the pill, have a fantastic night and the next day work as normally (it will only feel tired if didn't sleeped well). It doesn't give any extra energy. Lot's of yuppies are taking it, as some scientists. Four deads were reported, but it was impossible to related it directly with the drug. The name was given, by a user that said he feeled like he was protected against all the evil of the outside world.

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:40 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Patrick[/b] would like to know any information available about Cannibal's Locust and how they got their hands on the drug.

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:20 am
by kabukiman
To Mr Handy:
OOC,The Cannibal's Locust is a gang of north Koreans. They were a small and unimportant gang,who were kicked from the main city by another gang, so they had to go to the only place that novbody wanted: a zone full of toxic waste and use it as a turf. They started to organize car races to rich and spoiled kids and suddenly they had that new drug that nobody else seems to have. Another gang tried to expelled them, but they were well armed now and they winn. Since they don't seem lo leave the place or ruin others business, the others gangs and the mafia don't bother them

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:06 am
by Tangerine
Trifford Delaney a.k.a.: Rubix:

(After the propostion is accepted, and all are at their slightly dingy bachelor pad); "I'm thinking that we probably shouldn't just turn up uninvited. Once we've done our initial research - looking at you Mr Lee!", Delaney rolls his head comically across his shoulder to look askance at Patrick, the 'runner, "I'm thinking we should see if we can scope out some info on the place, plan some routes, and set up a netural meet. I don't have much knowledge into medicine, but when we make the buy, I'd like to analyse it. Whip me up a portable chem analyser... or 'salvage' one."

"I'm desperate for some spare cred to start one of my pet projects, so I'm cool with it - even if it is slightly fishy. Maybe our Johnson's a little antsy about gangs."

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:39 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Vance can still make his question. And you can discuss what you plan to do exactly.

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:08 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Vance has spent some time at investigating the area where the deal is supposed to occur. (His question would be: What is the history of the area, with emphasis on the nature of that toxic waste? )

"Antsy? He wants to buy this stuff and he's antsy about them? Who does he think he would get it from? Of course, that doesn't mean anything - reasonable expectations are often too much to expect - maybe he does fear them. What do we have that he doesn't? Expendability in his eyes. Maybe we should be a bit antsy."

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:43 pm
by kabukiman
Vance,The area was until the late XX century used to farming; the farmers got ruined as the rest of American small landowners and it was abandoned. With the construction of Night city,Petrochem decide to buy the place and announced the installation of a factory (who never saw the light of the day), but some environmental groups discovered it was used to dump chemical wastes. They were force to stop the operations and promised to clean the mess... to this day.Now, some Mexicans and a gang live there

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:23 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Is the pay $300 for each of us, or $300 divided between the three of us?
"It's a good idea to be wary," says Patrick. "Still, the pay is good. I could sure use a better deck. That Orion would be a sweet upgrade, and this will help me start saving for it, or maybe I'll buy a new program. In the meantime, I'll have to make do with the one I've got. I'll go online and dig up whatever info I can find. I can also pull up some satellite maps of the area."

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:49 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
[Spoiler-Button]Text?[/Spoiler-Button]

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:26 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Mr Handy go to new thread: netrunning, it will be in the matrix. The others can continue the normal play. Mi-Go agent, are you having trouble using the spoiler botton?

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:54 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Evidently.
Spoiler:
What I was trying to say was that I didn't find that answer very helpful, since it doesn't really give me any more information about the toxic chemicals, but I suppose if that is all that can be found I don't have a choice (I might think such information would be available to researchers who tried an unconventional approach like going to one of the world's last libraries).

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:18 pm
by kabukiman
To Mi-Go Agent,You find petroleum hydrocarbon sulfur metals asphaltics detergents

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:00 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
(Thanks, kabukiman.)

"Well, then, Patrick, if your heading off to the wonderful world of waking dream also, I'll just let you two zombies travel from the armchair and poke my head outside. Information can't hurt our chances, except in special circumstances. Hey, tea's on," mumbles Vance.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:53 am
by kabukiman
OOC: So will just wait outside(you know there is somewhere near a hole in the fence)?

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:11 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
(I didn't know there was a fence.)

At the same time that the kettle whistles, Vance's clock goes off. By the time the sound dies down, he's halfway through a cup of hot but tealess water.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:43 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: It's writen in the first post, line 5.

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:52 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
(First post, line 5 is "from an ancient high school who was transformed in a Low cost apartment full of Brazilians, Vietnamese and God knows", I think. Since everyone has come back from netrunning, I'll wait to see what they say.)

"Well, did you find anything by looking through everything?" Vance asks the returning netrunners.

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:16 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: I need to buy new glasses: line 8.

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:36 am
by Mr. Handy
Patrick disconnects himself from the net and brings up the data he had found. "I got what we're looking for," he says. "It was a piece of cake. Here's the history of the zone where the meet is set, along with satellite maps that will help us plan entry and exit routes, as well as background information on the gang we'll be meeting and its prominent members."

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:01 am
by kabukiman
Info,the meeting place is about a mile south in a open area the gang have 11 members the chief is called Chao his second man Sun

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:46 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"Sounds helpful. Could hurt if driven through the skull at high velocity, but I'd like to take the risk of knowing."

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:29 am
by Mr. Handy
Patrick shows Vance and Rubix the information. "Actually, accessing information on the net is painless," he says. "Unless, of course, you run into certain security programs. Fortunately all of this was freely available at the public database. But I can understand you prefering to read it on a screen, so here it is."

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:07 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: You all see the info in the cellphone/minicomputer that Patrick has.

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:21 am
by kabukiman
So what do you do now?

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:53 pm
by Tangerine
Rubix:

"Well, seems like we've got enough information so far. Should we all go in at once to the meet, thus presenting a large and less-tasty looking target, or split up allowing for some contingency-style action?"

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:07 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"Good to have an ace in the hole, good not to need it," Vance thinks aloud.
"Rubix, if you're on wheels you can move faster than either of us. Maybe I should go in with Patrick, and you should stay in contact with us but follow from a short distance."

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:49 am
by Mr. Handy
"If you need a wheelman, I think it should be me," says Patrick. "I may not have my own car, but all that virtual practice playing racing games has really paid off, and I'm a great driver. Plus I can jack directly into the vehicle, giving me lightning-fast reaction times."

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:15 pm
by Tangerine
Rubix:

"Hey, I could tinker with the ol' Betsy a little, maybe scrounge up some make-shift neural-timers... I'm not that crash-hot with programs, but we could import your racing game's control programming..." Taking out his rubix cube and twisting it about randomly, Rubix started grinning; "Hmm... How long have we left before the meet, Patrick? Maybe we could delay by... hmm.. a couple of strip-downs?"

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:56 pm
by Mr. Handy
Patrick tells the others the time of the meeting. "If we've got enough time, then some modifications would be great," he says. "We don't want to run the risk of being late, though. The gang wouldn't be too happy about that. In fact, it might pay to get there a little early and scope the place out."

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:41 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"The early mouse gets the trap, the second one eats the peanut butter from the mouth of the corpse. But if we can get there early enough to set the trap, I'm in. How much time do we have, anyway? If we can be on site first, have a sniper in the window at the same time as a man on the streetcorner, we would be prepared, unless suspected - in which case we might be thought to be setting a trap, and the wrong impression could kill us.

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:29 am
by kabukiman
OOC: There isn't a time settled to meet the gang. But if you get too late, they may sell all the drug. So what will be the preparations?

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:48 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"Of course, if they are already there and vending - we might as well go find the lowest price."

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:14 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yeah, let's not delay any longer than we have to," says Patrick. "We'd better not try to set any kind of trap, or the gang might get the wrong idea. If you think you can make these modifications quickly, Rubix, go ahead, but we can't wait too long."

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:19 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: What are the modifications you want to make Rubix?

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:10 pm
by Tangerine
Rubix
OOC,Rubix was in the mood for Tinkerin' Betsy to suit [b]Patrick's[/b] idea of a jack-in method of driving better - to suit his reactions and experience with playing his racing games. Not sure if he'd have enough time - presuming that we got the job on the day and kinda need to get our butts into gear before the next day, maybe an hour or two of tinkering that won't splurge into something needing days to just put back together :D
"Yeah, I agree - even though it would be nice to have some cover and whatnot, if they catch us setting up a sniper on their turf, we'll be finding out the hard way what the toxic crap consists of."

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:29 pm
by kabukiman
Rubix,that will take at least a day and several rolls it's not a thing to improvise

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:42 am
by kabukiman
-The trio enters by the huge hole in the fence. It's big enough to let 2 cars enter; it was probably made by a truck. You follow the coordinates. At the middle of the trip, you see several cabins (made of plastic, brick, and metal), a cornfield, some animals resting (cows and pigs) and people (man, women and children) eating in tables outside with some electric system as illumination.

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:26 am
by Mr. Handy
"Let's find a good spot to park near the meeting place," says Patrick as he drives through the neighborhood, keeping an eye out and remembering the route back to the exit. "I'll stay behind the wheel with the engine running in case we need to leave quickly."

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:19 am
by kabukiman
You see a open space near the cornfield.

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:12 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"Where exactly is the meeting space?" ponders Vance, looking around for possible sellers.

"Patrick, if things turn bad, you might be better off running hostiles over than running away - they'll probably just run after us."

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:15 am
by kabukiman
All,The meeting place is half a mile to north

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:38 am
by Mr. Handy
"If anyone tries to chase us on foot, we can outrun them in the car," says Patrick, "but driving right for them would convince them to get out of our way. If they've got their own vehicles, running them over is no longer an option and I'd have to lose them - or we could shoot their tires out. I've got my piece too if it gets hairy, but let's hope we're worried about nothing." He finds a good spot to park in the open space that gives him a view of the meeting spot as well as the route back to the exit, pointing the front of the car at the exit in case they need to depart in a hurry.

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:45 pm
by kabukiman
You leave the car in a nice place. The locals looks at you with some curiosity, but don't make any questions.

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:47 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Good luck, guys," says Patrick. "Call if you need me. I'll be right here."

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:45 pm
by Tangerine
Rubix

As they pull up, Rubix checks his Glock is ready in its holster, and starts to fiddle with his Rubix cube.

Seeing the lighting system, Rubix tries to imagine a likely wiring system behind it, including gadgetry, but isn't able to come up with anything interesting this far away.

He also slowly gazes over the shed, field, etc, in attempt to spot anything interesting. Or any baddies.
OOC,Rubix's spot hidden check - http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1920774/ - is successful if there's anything to spot!

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:20 pm
by Mr. Handy
From his vantage point in the parked car, Patrick watched the meeting spot, but he couldn't see much from this distance.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:26 pm
by kabukiman
The npeople near you are probably ollegal mexican farmers who are cultivating the land full of toxic wastes. About half a mile north, you see some lights.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:57 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Vance hurries towards the lights.

"Time to start the music, Rubix, we might as well get buying."

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:12 am
by kabukiman
After some time walking, you heard a voice:
-Stop! Who are you and what are you doing in our turf?

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:02 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"We are men. Here to see about a sale, something we can buy, something a bit expensive? I'm hoping you're the salesman, perhaps it is the Cannibal's Locust? What mattters is the deal."

Vance calmly rambles.

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:20 pm
by kabukiman
-This ain't a shopping. What business do you want?

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:34 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"Egg Shell," Vance says, using a great deal of self-control to prevent himself from elaborating.

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:52 pm
by kabukiman
They stop talking.
-Why didn't you say so? Come with us.

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:33 pm
by Tangerine
Rubix

Waiting for someone a little more muscle-bound to take the lead, Rubix calmly observes the gang members - trying to take note of their weaponry, faces, etc. In particular, he tried to assess any information regarding the gang members' fighting ability through their stances, etc.
OOC,For Rubix's attempt to spot who would be the worst to get into a scrap with, I rolled a [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1926734/]Kung Fu check[/url] but it looks like that failed. My dice rolls aren't good at all lately :S

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:50 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Vance follows, one hand on his revolver.
I just realized that there are no stats for any of my weapons. I don't think there will be a fight soon,but stil...

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:12 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Mr Handy stop reading from here.

They are asians, with some accent. They bring you to a place with lot's of lights, cars (sportif models) and young people (with the aspect of rich) who are drinking, smoking and kissing themselves. The girls must have done some cirurgy, since they look all like Amanda Rift, a famous singer; the boys must have injected artificial muscles. The members of the gang are vigilant.

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:05 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Vance is unimpressed with the show of wealth, even though he realizes that he looks extremely out of place as he slowly ticks along. He continues to follow his guide, keeping his eyes open for details.

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:44 pm
by kabukiman
They bring you to a small tent, where several persons are making bets, and two persons are collecting the money. One of them ask:
-Who are you?

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:29 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"I'm here to buy Egg Shell. Why do you care what my name is?" Vance asks.

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:10 am
by Tangerine
Rubix

Rubix remains alert and calm - ready to react instantly if necessary against a threat. He grins nervously a little - Nice intro, Vance...

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:56 pm
by kabukiman
-Point taken. But you see, we have a rule: to buy egg shell you must earn the right to buy it. So you have to to make a race, and only then you can buy it.

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:58 pm
by kabukiman
Mr Handy,go to Patrick thread

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:41 pm
by Tangerine
Rubix

Rubix rolls his eyes.

"A race?! To buy drugs?! The two most likely people to buy Egg Shell are either not in the least bit interested in sports - rather hard partying all the time - and thus have no aptitude, or people so doped up on less effective drugs they could barely jog for a minute, looking for the next better fix!

Hardly a good marketing plan - only fit, athletic people would qualify to buy Egg Shell, but they'd already be getting their wanted buzz through their exercise and thus only looking for drugs that boost their performance."

Thinking to himself - Maybe this is why our Johnson wants us to do the couriering for him - too fat and lazy to get it himself!

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:54 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"I never expected that," says Vance, "but I know better than to ask why. Or do you want me to?"

He looks momentarily at Rubix, wondering why he would say something likely to cause a cross-examination.

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:24 pm
by kabukiman
-Relax man. It's a car race. You must have two guys.

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:46 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"Our normal designated driver is in the car where we left him."

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:16 am
by kabukiman
-Your problem. No race, no drug shell. You may stay, and make some bets if you want and buy a drink.

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:10 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"This "race" - what is it like?" Vance asks, pondering why Rubix, who seems to know so much about automobiles, has never shown much aptitude for driving them.

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:57 pm
by kabukiman
-You must do a race in a circuit. Some mud, and a good control of the car to avoid smashing against the others, some seem never had a driving lessons.

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:15 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"Why two people? And what happens if you lose?"

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:19 am
by kabukiman
-Well, sometime times other racers get excited and try to shoot the other cars, so it is necessary a coo-pilot with a gun so they understand it's better to stay calm. Everyone who enters in the race need to pay a fee; if you lose, you lose the fee, it's just 50 dollars, if you winn, you receive five times that money. Were honest businees man

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:11 pm
by Tangerine
OOC,Rubix can't drive a car but knows lots about them because.. because.. er, he never drove them more than necessary. You know, lots of technical, slightly less-than-average practical. Or, something in his shady past... More than likely because I'm a greedy skill buyer and can't stand piddly skill levels :'(
Rubix

Rubix looks back at Vance and shrugs. To the apparent race manager - "So, it's like this: After laying down an ante sum, We compete in a virtually no holds-barred race, complete with whizzing bullets and glass shards; whence the winner wins 250 creds and gets to buy Egg Shell?"

Rubix relaxes slightly - They're crazy and seem rather reluctant to sell Egg Shell (she sells Sea Shells?), but at least we can have some fun!

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:38 pm
by kabukiman
-Yes, something like that. Even if you don't want to go to compete, you can always have some fun. We also sell drinks and have some gambling.

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:22 am
by Mi-Go Agent
"I'd ride shotgun if you were game for the race, but I do wish Patrick was here," Vance says to Rubix.

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:22 am
by Mi-Go Agent
"I'd ride shotgun if you were game for the race, but I do wish Patrick was here," Vance says to Rubix.

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:01 am
by kabukiman
-So, your in?

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:14 am
by Tangerine
Rubix

"How many other people are competing? What are their vehicles?" Rubix looks at his fingernails, feigning bored, disinterested acquiescence. "I'll have to talk to the Boss, but once we get his O.K..."

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:49 pm
by kabukiman
-5 Cars at the same time. Everybody bring whateaver they have. Just don't bring a ferrari, it may suffer some scratches- he start laughing.

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:56 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"I'll bow to your expertise in all things automotive," Vance says to Rubix.

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:15 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Patrick isn't with you. You will have to contact him with the phone.

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:59 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC: Sorry, that was actually a typo - I meant Rubix, who does know a bit more about cars.

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:43 am
by kabukiman
OOC: To that you need a car. The car is with Patrick.

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:02 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC: Yes, I figured that one out. But I'm trying to be polite when leaving the gang's place. Just waiting for Tangering.

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:30 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Ok!

Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 am
by Tangerine
OOC,Sorry people - had quite a bit on my plate the last few days and I got indigestion (metaphorically speaking). Sorted now!
Rubix

Grinning, Rubix says happily "Awesome! Sounds fun! Do you mind if I call my car over. Well, not my car per se, but the guy in it?" He taps his comm device on his belt questioningly.
OOC,I'm sure that Rubix would have tinkered a bit with 'ol Betsy a bit, but not enough to make it the best souped-up racer of all time - more like interesting gadgetry and smooth-ridin'. What sort of chances is Rubix thinking they have here? Any auto tricks he can recall from his days of tinkering?

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:40 am
by kabukiman
Option 1: extra speed for 10 seconds
or
Option 2: extra stability

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:38 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Vance checks his revolver and his crossbow, waiting for Patrick to arrive.

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:22 am
by Tangerine
Rubix
OOC,As if there'd be any choice for a hot-blooded angsty male! I feel the need for... Chicken Tonight? Yum! After that, Speed!
After a slight pause, with a questioningly-raised eyebrow, Rubix takes the silence as assent and unclips his comm device. Hitting Talk, he brings the receiver to his mouth, "Yo, Pat! You havin' fun staring at the pretty crops? We have been, er, 'invited' to a little race to win the chance for the privilege of buying some non-racing related drugs. Vee and I are up for it - but we kinda need you and the car.. Ya there?"

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:06 am
by kabukiman
"Yeah, I'm there,"" replies Patrick. "Just tell me where to go."

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:25 pm
by Tangerine
Rubix

Rubix looks at Vance - "We cool with this? I'd hate to see ol' Betsy scratched, smashed, blown, decimated, obliterated, shot... erm, dented over nothing." Rubix felt just a bit suspicious about the whole thing, but hey. A car race was a car race. All's fair in love, war and making the best damn Pad Thai in the world.
OOC,I mightn't be able to post Saturday night - my girlfriend is hosting a back-at-uni/school party here so I mightn't be able to get to the computer without a cattle prod.

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:34 pm
by kabukiman
Tangerine,no problem enjoy the party
After some minutes Patrick arrives.

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:33 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Can I read the parts of the Everyone thread that I wasn't present for?
Patrick pulls up near Rubix and Vance and rolls down the window. "Hey, guys," he says. "You need a race car driver? Just tell me where the starting line is and what the rules are. Oh, and there's a bottle of tequila in the glove box you're welcome to help yourselves to. You can use it to celebrate when we win. I bought it from a Mexican dude who told me a bit about these races. I'm going up against amateurs in fancy cars, but that just means their repairs will cost more. He got pissed off at first when I wouldn't buy anything, and I thought it would be best to keep the locals happy. The race will be dangerous - this is the real world, so no saves and no continues - but my skills are sharp."

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:47 pm
by kabukiman
OOC,if the others agree to tell you everything yes

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:48 pm
by kabukiman
So, are you entering the race?

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, I'm entering. I just wanted to get the rules explained and find out where to go to start, but I'm sure someone will tell me.

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:05 am
by kabukiman
The leader of the gang adresses to you.
-Ok, in a couple of minutes the race will start. Just put your car in the line with the rest.
So see 4 other cars. They are all good sport cars. The drivers have an average age of 18. A crowd is outside cheering.

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:27 am
by Mr. Handy
Patrick drives into position at the starting line, checking out the other cars and drivers and the part of the race course he can see. He's twice the age of the other drivers, but with that age comes vital experience. I've been driving since before these punks were born, he thinks. I can win this one. "What are the rules of the race, and what can you tell me about the route I'll be racing on?" he asks the leader.

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:26 am
by kabukiman
-There are marks in road, so you will know where to go. You can't shoot directly at others drivers, only the cars. You can't use bombs, grenades or missiles. You can't use outside help. That's it.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:45 am
by Mr. Handy
"Okay, thanks," says Patrick. He hadn't even thought of using his gun, but now he knows that it's legal provided he only shoots at the cars. "I'm ready."

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:51 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Now the rules. The race will be made in 5 turns. The car with more speed will be in first place, the the second car with second speed will be in second place, etc. But each car will have to make a roll of driving, and if failed, the car with more speed and who pass the roll will be in the first place. Each car who fail the drive roll, will have to make a lucky roll (to avoid an accident). The standart secure speed will be 100 mile. For each +10 mile of speed for hour, you suffer a malus of 10% in the driving skill (driving fast at nigth in a bad road can be dangerous); for each -10 mile per hour of speed, you receive a bonus of 10% in the skill driving (driving at night slowly is safer). A vehicle link gives a bonus of 10% in driving. Shooting (and hitting) others cars can give some bonus in the race. After all the rolls are made, I will give each one position, and then I will start a new turn. Any doubts?

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:05 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Vance rides shotgun, his revolver in hand and his crossbow on his lap. He sizes up the other cars, trying to judge weak spots.

"Which one do you think will be our biggest competition, Patrick? " he asks, "I'll put it in my sights, so to speak."

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Patrick looks over the other cars and drivers, keeping his Glock ready. "I'm not sure," he says. "All of these cars are powerful sports cars that can go pretty fast, but they can get smashed up just as easily. I'm thinking we should go a little slower than usual out of the gate. Let them underestimate us as a potential threat and concentrate on each other for a couple of laps. If they go too fast, they're more likely to wreck their cars. Then we can catch up and overtake them partway through the race." He links himself into the vehicle and awaits the dropping of the flag.
OOC,I intend to go 90 MPH to start with, which will give me +10 bonus and another +10 thanks to my link. Let me know when the race starts and I can make my first roll. Can I also fire my Glock at one of the other cars while driving?

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:27 am
by kabukiman
OOC,No, you can only drive the car thanks to the link but if the car had any weapon attached you could controll it also. Your skill drive will be of 80% (thanks to the lesser speed and the link). The first turn will be saturday. Your coopilot can try to shoot one of the others cars (yours is number 5 at the extreme left, so he can only start to shoot number 4; the advantage of number 1-who cannot shoot number 2- is that the first curve will be to the right side). I mus know what weapon Vance will use.

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:56 am
by Tangerine
Rubix
OOC,Not sure if Rubix should actually sit in the car - extra weight, no gun, no use :D He could try and point out weakness to shoot at with cars, maybe

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:44 am
by kabukiman
Rubix,As soon as the race start you will have your own thread

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:09 am
by Mi-Go Agent
What weapons I use depends on what their stats are,how much ammo I have for each, and how inexpensive/available each type of ammo is (but mostly the stats) - none of which I know...

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:31 pm
by kabukiman
Vance,the shotgun makes 2d6+2 of damage and costs 15 dollars to a box of 12 ammo; a crossbow does 2d6 of damage and cost 30 dollars for 12 bolts; the modified revolver makes 1d8+1 of damage and costs 60 dollars for a box of 50 bullets. You have one box of each. You don't have any penalization to shoot (it should be of 20% since the other car is moving and yours too, but you are very close tho him-point blank- and it's a large target). You must make the roll first to hit (and damage) so I may make the others rolls

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:56 am
by kabukiman
The race started. Every car started shooting to the others, but only car number three hit number 2, making some damage and slowing him. But none of the cars seemed to get in right way in the first mile.
Mr Handy,please make the roll

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:35 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Vance takes a revolver shot at the car besides him, still trying to gauge any vulnerable areas - he isn't sure why everyone doesn't just shoot out each other's tires. The shot hits, and Vance is pleased to see some damage.
OOC,I have a shotgun? I certainly don't have any skill with one.

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:47 pm
by Mr. Handy
Patrick is also slow getting started, but he is extremely lucky in avoiding any mishaps.
OOC,The base skill in Shotgun is 30% even if you don't have the skill. If you do have one, you'd still be better off using the reovlver or crossbow, though, considering your high skill with them.

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:33 am
by kabukiman
OOC,with that lucky roll at least you aren't lost. Tomorow it's turn number two, so please make the new rolls
Your car seemed to miss the road, but you saw that the others weren't better.

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:44 am
by Tangerine
OOC,Huzzah! Go guys! Blow out the tires!:D

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:48 am
by Mr. Handy
Patrick maintained his speed as he continued onwards. "Slow and steady wins the race," he says. "We'll keep going at this speed for a little while longer before we pick things up. Even at this rate, we're not doing so bad. Those other guys aren't very good drivers, especially when they're going insanely fast. At least we're able to corner better." He finds his stride and maintains excellent control over the vehicle.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:05 pm
by kabukiman
In the second mile, the other cars were more cautious. Only car number two hit number one making some damage and slowing it down. But the cars number 3 and 4 and 5 were showing such a drive skill, that it turned very dificult to number 1 and 2 to caught them. Car number 4 was in first, number 3 in second and number 5 in third.
OOC,with a natural 1 even with a full blast you can't expect to stop number 4 but with the structural damage he is suffering, nothing is lost. Since you had all critical results, now you are practically 2 turns in advanced with the last 2 unstead of only one turn. With a critical hit, you shoot the tires, but since he had the reuslt of 1, he doesn't lose his position for this turn, but will suffer a penalty next turn

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:32 am
by Mr. Handy
"Time to pick up the pace a little," says Patrick, pressing gently on the accelerator and speeding up to 100 miles per hour. "Concentrate on shooting at the ones in front of us. I think we've left those other two in the dust." He drives on skillfully in an effort to catch up to the leaders.

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:06 am
by kabukiman
Turn 3
The cars number 3 and number 4 start shooting themselves, but number 4 managed to hit the wheel of number 3. Number 3 made some damage to number 4, but number 4 almost destroyed number 3.
In the race itself, number 1 and number 2 were getting more and more behind. Number 3, was probably distracted and lost himself and with the impact of the shooting lost control of the car and suffered an accident, destroying it, and injuring the passengers, in a terrible way.
OOC,the race is now only between you and number 4. But I still need the roll of Vance to turn number 3; if he hit the wheel (with a critical) you may actually go in the first place, or at least improve the damage

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:26 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Vance's shot in mile three damaged car 4 but didn't hit the wheel.

He takes another shot during mile 4, missing completely.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:11 pm
by Mr. Handy
Patrick maintains his current speed and his steady control of the car, trying to pass the only remaining competitor. "Now it's just the two of us," he says. "I'm a much better driver than he is, and you're a much better shot. If he's still in the race for the last leg, I can accelerate at that point."

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:06 pm
by kabukiman
Vance,I need to know how much damage you have done in turn 2

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:34 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
As Vance prepares for the last mile, he regrets his miss on mile 2.

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:39 am
by kabukiman
The cars continued the race. Number one couldn't advance, car number two got completly lost and a party had to been sen to look for them. The car number 5 got in first place; number four failed to hit number 5.
OOC,Congratulations! Just one other turn and you winn (you are with one turn of advantage). I still need that Vance shoot and if he hit, to make the damage roll.

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:34 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Do I still need to make a Drive Auto roll this round?

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:14 am
by kabukiman
Mr Handy,No, I'm waiting for Vance rolls

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:40 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Vance fires the fifth chamber of his revolver, missing again.

"Better use the speed, Patrick," he says softly.

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:05 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Last turn. Please make the speed roll Mr Handy, and another shoot from Vance

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:39 am
by Mr. Handy
Patrick presses down on the accelerator as he enters the home stretch, speeding up to 110 miles per hour and driving with expert precision in an effort to increase his lead and make it impossible for the other car to catch up.

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:03 am
by kabukiman
Car 4 number four was desperated and maked a last try to to winn the race, showing greatskill... They hit number five, but damage was too little to influence the race.
OOC,with a critical, they recovered and should be able to get a draw (that's good for you, since you are both considered winners). But if you get a critical hit, or at least a great level of damage, he may still lose the race, since the car have already suffer a lot.

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:57 pm
by Mi-Go Agent

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:21 pm
by kabukiman
The crowd was hysterical! It had been the best race of the day. Everyone cheered the winners. Number 3 the favourite, suffered an ignoble defeat, and the two starters (number 4 and number 5) had make a fantastic race. Even the members of the gang were impressed.

-Well, congratulations-said the leader- the people here is happy, lot's of money has been bet and I'm impressed. Say,are you interested in appearing here to make other races? We could make a lot of money...

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:49 am
by Mr. Handy
"Thank you," says Patrick, getting out of the car. "That was a great race! I'll have to think about doing it again sometime. I'm sure the crowd would love a rematch." He shakes hands with the driver of car number 4. "Good race."

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:06 pm
by kabukiman
The driver of car is a late teen.
-Not bad for an oldie! And we finnaly beat that bastard of Kun! Come, let's take a beer with the girls and then we will get the trip with the egg...

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:30 pm
by Mr. Handy
Patrick chuckles and grins at the teenager. "I'm not that old," he says, "but I have been driving since before you were born. All right, let's go to the winners' circle." He takes the bottle of tequila from the glove compartment of his car. "I'm glad I bought this. It's just the thing for a victory celebration."

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:51 am
by kabukiman
You both join (Patrick and Vance) a bunch of other kids who are drinking, taking some drugs and kissing girls.

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:26 am
by Mr. Handy
"Can our friend Rubix join us?" asks Patrick.

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:25 pm
by kabukiman
-Yeah, sure.
One girls starts telling to Vance:
-I looove man with big guns!

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:03 am
by kabukiman
Make a spot hiden roll to find Rubix

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:18 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Vance is surprised at the girl's reaction, given the freakish appearance of his steampunk modifications.

"This thing?" he says, reloading his revolver, "this is just a toy." He then flicks his thumb to give the ammunition a spin, physically emphasizing his point.

"When I'm serious, I don't play around with guns," he shows his crossbow while putting away the revolver.

Then he spots Vance.

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:30 pm
by kabukiman
-Wow! What is that?-aks the girl.
Vance is talking with a blonde; she doesn't quite fite in the place, dressed with casual cloths, without any (aparent) sign of cirurgy, and few makeup.

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Patrick immediately spots Rubix. "Rubix, over here, buddy!" he calls, waving. "Come join the party! Bring your friend!"

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:10 pm
by kabukiman
-So, you wanna show me your other weapons... in a private place, yes?-says the girl to Vance
The driver of car number 4 says to Patrick:
-I'm Matt. My buddy is Hank- he points to his shooter, who is drinking a beer- to tell the true, I didn't expect to winn, but the other guys were driving like mad dogs, and that really helped.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy
"Nice to meet you," says Patrick. "I did expect to win, actually. Part of that's just confidence, but part of it is experience - and the fact that I knew that the other guys were reckless amateurs. I've not only been driving for a long time, I've had a lot of practice playing virtual racing games. I started when I was just a kid, playing them on my personal computer and my Playstation, and later I began playing them on the Net. This is the first time I've ever raced for real, though. It's quite a rush!"

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:09 pm
by kabukiman
-Well, I used to drive with my dad when I was younger, so I had some practice. Let's drink that tequila.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:47 pm
by Mr. Handy
Patrick opens the bottle of tequila and pours it for the others. "I'm going to be driving home afterwards," he says, "so I'll just have a soda, but that only means more for the rest of you. I'm Patrick, by the way."

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:34 pm
by kabukiman
After drinking a bit he give you teh bootle and says:
-Let's go collect our reward and pay for the thing. It's for my girlfriend.
He follows in the direction of the trio who sells the drug. The gang leader is near watching; he waves to you and returns to his duty.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:46 pm
by Mr. Handy
"All right, let's go," says Patrick. He waves Vance and Rubix over. "Come on, guys." He follows the other driver to meet with the sellers.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:24 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Vance is mildly intrigued by her lack of circuitry, but he hadn't intended to come here looking for girls.

"I'm actually involved in some illicit business right now," he explains.

"I have no clue where it will take me, but I have the feeling it might get dangerous sooner or later. Do you want to come along?"

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:59 am
by kabukiman
-Danger? Ilicit things? Cool! That's better than a movie! Just wait until I tell my friends in school! I'm dating a true gangster!

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:02 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Vance approaches the sellers with Patrick and Rubix. He's amused by the youth's enthusiasm, and, while he doesn't say anything, he realizes that it might be convienent to have some so inexperienced...and expendable.

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:20 pm
by kabukiman
The trio who is selling the drug look at you, nod and ask:
-4 doses, 2 for the driver, 2 for the shooter it's the maximum you can get. Now, the money please.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:10 am
by Mr. Handy
"Sounds good to me," says Patrick. He takes out the money they were given to buy the drug.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:16 am
by kabukiman
The transaction is done.
-Have fun. Just an advice: if both pills are for you, have a delayed of 24 hours before taking the second. For the rest, it's safes t thing in the market.
He starts atending other customers.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:24 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Okay, thanks," says Patrick, collecting his doses and pocketing them.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:35 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Vance collects his doses as well.

"I suppose now we go drop them off and collect our fee?"

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:08 pm
by Mr. Handy
Patrick gives Vance a meaningful look and puts a finger to his lips, but makes it appear as though he is just scratching his upper lip. Our hosts may get offended if they find out we're not buying the drug for ourselves, he thinks, hoping Vance gets the message.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:12 pm
by kabukiman
Use a Fast talk roll to see if you can convince them that you are not trying to sell the drug to others.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:21 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,None of us actually have points in Fast Talk. Can [b]Vance[/b] use Persuade?

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:30 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Yes, he can.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:15 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
[spoiler-button],
Just an advice: if both pills are for you,have a delayed of 24 hours before taking the second.
He starts atending other customers.
I thought those implied they were alright with us giving them to someone else...and that they weren't paying attention. Now we're in for for it.[/spoiler-button]

Vancefails to persuade any one.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:41 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Usually the customers use themselves or to another person, since they are all rich.

-So your a retailer? You didn't look one of our usual customers, but didn't thought you were dealers too. How much you gonna sell our stuff?

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:47 am
by Mr. Handy
"We haven't set a price yet," says Patrick. "We'll need to get a good look at the drug and what it can do before we decide, and we'll need to do some market studies before we know how much we'll sell."

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:00 am
by kabukiman
-Well, to have more you have to participate in the contest and still just have the 4 doses, so you won't get rich with that.

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:07 am
by Mr. Handy
"Maybe we could market it as an rare, exotic luxury," says Patrick. "Then we could charge a higher markup and have a few dedicated customers who can't get it on their own because they don't know where or they're not as good at racing." He shrugs. "And if we can't make money selling it, at least we'll have it for ourselves."

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:23 am
by kabukiman
-Well, that's your problem. To get more you still need to winn the race.
He attends other customers meaning the conversation is over.

OOC: What do you do now? The meeting with the client is just next day in the morning. Do you want to go to a bar, or return to home?

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:14 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC: What is everyone else for? I suppose meeting the client is the next step, but I'm fine if someone else wants to go somewhere else first...Vance is pretty apathetic about drinking.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:39 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Patrick[/b] doesn't care for drinking either. I'm for heading back home.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:07 pm
by kabukiman
You agree to return home. Rubix and his new friend change contacts. Vance, You can take the blonde to you home to a night of sex if you want (or not), just tell me.

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:01 am
by kabukiman
You awake next day. You prepaire yourselves early to the meeting. The place will be the "runaway horses", a cheap restaurant downtown that works as a bar at night. The place is dirty and bad iluminated
It's 1 pm. There is just a couple of mexicans eating there some burritos. And a corporate in a table who is looking with disgust to the place.

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:02 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC: Vance really isn't interested in having any involvement with a high-school girl. I'm hoping there was a polite way to avoid it.

IC:
Vance regards the corporate man, wondering if he might be the customer.

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:37 pm
by Mr. Handy
Patrick has the same thought, but he can't be entirely certain if this is the man they're here to meet, or if he's here on other business.
OOC,What were we told about the meeting? Do we know what our contact looks like? Does our contact know what we look like?

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:47 am
by kabukiman
OOC: It was all made with fixer as intermediare. The corporate knows probably your faces by now.

The corporate sees you and nod.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:34 am
by Mr. Handy
Patrick nods back, leads the way to the suit's table, and sits down.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:45 pm
by kabukiman
-Our mutual friend was right, you were the persons needed. Do you have the product as agreed?

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:27 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Yes, we do," says Patrick. "Do you have the payment?"

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:21 pm
by kabukiman
-I transfer the money as soon as I see the product.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:02 pm
by Mr. Handy
Patrick takes out the drug and shows it to the corporate man. "Here it is," he says.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:08 pm
by kabukiman
He immediatly puts a scanner in the drug, smiles and then digits something in a pocket computer.
-Money transfered, with a bonus. Now I have some questions to make if you don't mind.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:15 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Sure, ask away," says Patrick.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:35 pm
by kabukiman
-How much man do they have? Do they have any heavy weapons? How much borgs? The defensive system how does it works? Did you see any laboratory?

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:50 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Laboratory?" says Patrick. "We didn't see anything like that, or any borgs. It was just three guys selling it in the fenced-in neighborhood controlled by the local gang. The gang itself had over a dozen guys that we saw, and the sellers must have been there as guests. Whatever facility they use to produce it, it certainly wasn't visible."

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:55 pm
by kabukiman
-Oh? Strange. Well, at least, was there trucks or any warehouse where they stockpile it? What routine did they make to sell it? Identification? Money transfer?

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:35 am
by Mr. Handy
"I didn't see any warehouses or trucks," says Patrick. "Their base of operations is probably somewhere else, and they just sell it there. They also don't deal in large quantities, and I saw no sign of any stockpiles. We were only allowed to buy it after winning a race, and they would only sell us four doses - two for the driver, and two for the shotgun rider. They also said to wait 24 hours after taking one dose before taking another. They said if we want to buy more doses, we'd have to race and win again, and again we'd only be able to buy four." He describes how he made the purchase. "We just paid them the money and they gave us the product."

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:36 pm
by kabukiman
-That's the weirdest thing I heard. Very amateurish. Probably, they don't have a large production. Well, goodby then.

He leave the place.

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:35 pm
by Mr. Handy
Patrick shrugs and turns to his friends. "That was strange," he says. "Well, let's go home now."

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:20 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Vance gets an interesting look on his face.

"Strange? No. Yes. Not as much as we are. One of two things just happened. Either our friend the executive just purchased something of incredible value obtained at far too little expense, and is planning a raid or investigation, or he wants us to think that. Why would he pay us to buy something worthless? I'm sure he could think of a reason. But if not...we could be near something...that just walked out of the room."

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:59 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Yeah, with all those questions about their defenses, its sounds like they must have been planning something," says Patrick. "Maybe we could race again and get some more samples for ourselves, so we can have it analyzed independently and find out what's the big deal about it - or maybe even how it's made. I could also start poking around on the Net and see what I can learn."

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:57 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"Of course, if we race again, we might find the place crawling with a corporate borg attack force."

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:21 am
by Mr. Handy
"That's possible," says Patrick. "Not very subtle, though. I doubt we'd have to race against a corporate driver. If they wanted more of it that way, they'd just hire guys like us. Better to get more info on the Net before deciding what to do next. Before that I'd like to go shopping for better programs with what we just got paid, maybe even upgrade my deck."

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:43 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Your going online?

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:09 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Not just yet. First I want to go shopping for new programs or maybe even a better deck. I'll need to know how much money I got paid for the job we just did, and I also don't know the prices of better decks (and how much I'd get for a trade-in of my standard deck).

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:15 am
by kabukiman
You have earn 500 dollar each. A new deck is too expensive (1200 minimum for a deck better than yours). About programmes, I think I have already give you a list, rigth?

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:54 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes, I've got the list. I'm currently using 6 out of 10 Memory Units. I was thinking of buying Force Shield for $160 and Replicator for $320. Each of these takes up 2 Memory Units, which would fill up my deck's memory. Is it only programs that take up space in memory, or do I need to leave room for data I want to download?

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:33 am
by kabukiman
You need space to download in the memory unit. But your basic processor has 1 MU, so as long it is small files you don't need to use the deck.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:23 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I can't be sure the files will be that small, so I'll just buy the Force Shield for now and save some space.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:41 pm
by kabukiman
OOC,Ok

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:28 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Perhaps Rubix would like to make some of those modification to the car now? At the very least, before we do any more autoracing we should get the tires filled so they are puncture-proof. I can't think of anything Vance would like to buy at the moment, except for replenishing his ammo.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:26 pm
by kabukiman
The improvement need to be made by Rubix. Since he didn't login since 29 of march, I will roleplay him until he returns. So just tell me what kindo of modifications you want in the car, and I will make the rolls (if the are possible of course)...

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:43 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I got a PM from [b]Rubix[/b]'s player Tangerine on March 29, notifying me of the player's absence from Zombie Apocalypse and asking me to NPC the characters due to various factors. I'm not sure when Tangerine will return.

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:59 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
[spoiler-button],I had been counting on Rubix to actually think of the modifications. The one I suggested - and the one that I think Rubix would be able to do easily and cheaply, and would be highly motivated to do after the car race in which everyone aimed for each other's tires - was making the tires puncture proof. This is not an unusual modification in the modern world (I think it leads to a rougher ride, which is why is is normally only done to vehicles expected to run into trouble), since it simply involves filling the tire with foam. As a result, even when a hole is opened for air to escape, the tire is full of solid foam and does not lose any performance. However, I would think that he would want to do other modifications as well, of a more mechanical and more difficult nature.[/spoiler-button]

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:26 pm
by kabukiman
OOC,Well, unless you have any ideas, I will try to invent some modifications. And I will make the rolls.

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:42 am
by kabukiman
Rubix after some time talked to you.
-Guys I have try to make some changes in the car. Ifailedwith the tires. And I didn't get a way to improve the stability. But on the other hand, I have found a way to increase the protection, without weight increase. And it didn't cost a thing!
OOC,the first 2 rolls were very bad, but the third was excelent. Your car gets an extra 10 armour

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:59 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"Sounds good. Now what? Something about that transaction has me curious. I like your idea about going on the Net, Patrick. I wonder what information I could dig up - there are ways to research things without the Net, you know."

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:54 am
by Mr. Handy
"Nice job, Rubix," says Patrick. "That'll help out if we have to race again." He nods to Vance. "That's very true. You can look for information in the real world while I'm in the virtual one."

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:01 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Mi-go go to Vance thread, Mr Handy to Netrunning thread.