OOC

Technology no longer serves man, it’s man who serves technology with a zombified mass of passive consumers. With earth ravaged by pollution and war, corporations fighting each other using puppet states, nobody seems to remember silly old tales of arcane horror.

Moderator: kabukiman

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: OOC

Post by Mr. Handy »

Happy New Year! Of course, it's still 2008 here for almost four more hours.

For my skill chips I'll take a level 1 in the programming language Bio-Basic and the other level 1 in Martial Arts (Tai Chi Chuan).

By the way, Tangerine, I wasn't sure if you were aware that Zombie Apocalypse Chapter 4 is starting soon. The character sheets went up on Saturday, so you might want to choose your characters. There are still a lot left to pick from.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Tangerine »

I'm back! Sorry for no-postings - there was an internet Cafe at Woodford, but I just couldn't drag myself away from the music and the food (oh gawd, the FOOD)! Plus it cost money, and that would mean I'd miss out on another orgasmic chocolate-filled doughnut or the best damn Thai noodles in the world... Incidentally, Mr Handy, there were three morning workshops on Tai Ch'i Chuan at Woodford- awesome!

Anyway, I'd prefer to grab me a Level 1 Chip in Language (NewJava) (30%) and another for Drive Auto (50%), assuming I can add to the basic 20% for that skill.
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back! You made the right call spending your money on the food! :)

Kabukiman said that you can't add to the base skill. The chip would give you 30% instead of whatever the base skill is, so that would only give you Drive Auto at 30% instead of 20%. You should probably pick a different one in that case. You can get 50% in a single skill if you get the level 1 and 2 chips for it.

I've never learned Tai Chi Chuan myself. I first heard about it in an interactive gamebook in the 1980's, the first one in the Sniper! series published by TSR. The character you play uses it to good effect, and not just in combat. He also engages in a sort of verbal form of it to manipulate other people.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Tangerine »

Ah whoops - I read that as it wouldn't accumulate on points added (only). Coolio - if that's the case, I'll swap Auto for Good old Bargain.
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

"Secondly, Patrick has a sort of all-phone (and a net link, which strikes me as slightly redundant). I assumed everyone would have something like that, or else the game wouldn't really be Cyberpunk. So what I'm really saying is...shouldn't I have one?"
Actually, no. The all-phone is a small device that can be used as Tv/radio, etc (you can have on of those if you want); the net link is incorporated in his own body, so he may emerge in the Net in a faster way, in any place he wants (and not forced to seek a lace with a modem). Not everyone accepts to have lot's of wired and plugs in it's body. When a person who doesn't have those devices, want's to enter in the net (and not just seeying like we do in our time from a screen), it uses a kind of helmet, that is very slow (speed -4), but since all they want is see legal information, the speed is not vital; for a true runner, it would be suicide.
About the different visions, well, I think it's very realistic of having characters who have such different perspectives.
Mr Handy is correct about the skills.
And my first day of the year was spent in bed with stomach problems (I eated Indian food and then payed the price...).
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Tangerine »

Is that helmet a tin-foil one, by any chance?

"Ug access 'net now." - puts on foil helmet.

Waits.

"Aaaany moment now..."
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Tangerine »

Is Channel 54 just an info-related topic, or a place to start? I'm guessing a living-room type scene if it's the beginning.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

It's just a info-related topic. It will give you a feeling of the universe, and ocasionally some useful information (to understand that there is a real universe outside and not a void).
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Tangerine »

Wait - what? :P
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by zielonobrody »

hey kabukiman! I can see your English has greatly improved in the last few months since we finished LA Skinner. Good job on that! Sorry to barge in on your game :) good luck guys'n'gals :)
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"Wait - what? :P"
Well, in real world you heard news about what happens in politics, sports, so I have decide to imitate that.

Thanks! Nothing that a good dictionary doesn't help. And feel free to lurk, it's good to have audience.
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Tangerine »

I'm not sure what equipment I've got - or what genre-specific gear a techie would have. I should probably organise that with you, Kabukiman, before I find I forgot to bring a gun (or my pants!)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

I have already included the material in you sheet. 1 Pistol, night googles, and the cyber-equipement
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by welsh »

I always thought pandora's box was a sexual reference.

I mean I know the mythological story, but... really... its about sex right?
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

You can see with different perspectives. There are lot's of books about the subject (loss of paradise like with the story of the fruit in Genesis, the guilty of women, a mysogenist story from homossexuals/machos, etc, etc), but the ancient greeks were probably thinking in something more simple. Well, if you get a girlfriend/wife/any serious relationship, you lose a lot of good things in life. But you earn safe and regular sex. Thats the problems of alegoria, you can use to whateaver you want.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Pandora's Box has always had nuclear connotations to me, not to mention the obvious Mythos relevance (Don't open the box of horrors! But the horrors also hold hope...)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

See? That's the beauty of greek mythology, it can be use to anything.
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Tangerine »

Including a functional sandwich maker!
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

This weekend I'm in a small trip with my family and should only return monday.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

What do you think of the campaign for now? To slow/fast, thrilling/boring?

Return to “Pandora's Box”