OOC

Technology no longer serves man, it’s man who serves technology with a zombified mass of passive consumers. With earth ravaged by pollution and war, corporations fighting each other using puppet states, nobody seems to remember silly old tales of arcane horror.

Moderator: kabukiman

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: OOC

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OK, as noted in the other thread you were looking for an extra player. You still are?
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Btw. did I send you the files on Pandora´s box I found for my almostlostwebs ?
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Pandora's Box draws heavily on concepts from Delta Green, Delta Green COUNTDOWN, Delta Green Eyes Only Vol. III: Project Rainbow. Although it also draws on a wide variety of other sources from conspiracy theory, science fiction and history, the author recommends that Keepers intending to use Pandora's Box in their games have some familiarity with the Delta Green products listed above.

The field of Parapsychology has many challenges to overcome before it is accepted by the scientific community. Incredulous claims backed up by spurious research, biased statistical manipulation, and a subject matter hostile to repeatable experimentation all push the study of psychic powers to the fringes of science. Although there is not a single generally accepted overall theory to explain psychic phenomena, the Koestler Parapsychology Unit at the University of Edinburgh lists the major avenues of exploration threading their way through modern Paraphysics.

These theoretical models touch upon the origin of consciousness and hint at an underlying interaction between all things. For example, the Teleological Model of Psi postulates that Psi results from the manipulation of probabilities as the mind swims through infinite parallel universes, and the Quantum Mechanical Theory of Psi describes the human brain as a "complex superposition of waves." They all point towards a hidden order to the universe.

Electromagnetic theories about PSI state that there is a form of radiation involved in the phenomenon, and that it may involve the Earth's magnetic field to a large extent. In paraphysics, everything is inter-related and subjectivity becomes meaningless when the thoughts and emotions of supposedly impartial observers affect experimentation in a dramatic and significant fashion.

Psychic abilities have been a part of the world of Delta Green since the publication of COUNTDOWN. It can also be argued that many of the hypergeometrical formulae (magic spells) contained in the many tomes of the Mythos awaken powers hidden in the depths of the human mind. The Mythos has many suggestions of astonishing mental powers: the surreal abilities of the Kn'Yan, the strange perceptions unlocked by the Tillinghast Resonator, and the mild scratching at the surface of reality by mediums and psychics who are half-charlatan and half-oracle.

Furthermore, there are many organizations devoted to PSI in the conspiracy-laden literature of Delta Green. PISCES has had a long history with the "occulted secret service". The british scour the world for more talents, despite the risk of exposure such individuals present to the Insects from Shaggai. The Greys direct OUTLOOK in bizarre mental experimentation, possibly to force psychic powers to manifest under conditions of incredible psychological stress. New-Age Mi-Go influenced organizations such as the Enolsis Foundation, the Church of Scientology, and other pseudo-religious UFO cults undoubtedly explore hidden powers of the mind. Finally, it is a safe assumption that at some of the many and varied front organizations of the Cult of Transcendence delve into psychic abilities.

So far, the very real psychic research programs carried out by the Soviet Union and the United States have not been examined with an eye towards the Mythos. Other sources, such as Conspiracy-X and Dark Matter have made attempts to focus on the subject from a gaming perpsective. However, as far as Delta Green is concerned, the secrets of the American STARGATE remote viewing program, and the massive scale of the Soviet-era psychic warfare establishment have been well kept.

This is about to change.

In the decade following the official disbanding of Delta Green by the Joint Chiefs of Staff in 1970, the newly forged outlaw conspiracy faced a tremendous danger to the world. The Soviet Union appeared to be able to produce operatives with startling and revolutionary psychic powers, seemingly at will. Delta Green became convinced that the manufacture of these paranormal "human weapons", whose powers were as dangerous to themselves as they were to their targets, was related to the Mythos they had been fighting for decades.

The cowboy renegades of Delta Green were correct. During the 1950's and 1960's the Soviet Union had been engaged in an aggressive program of psychic research. The Soviet Academy of Sciences' Institute of Medical and Biological Research pursued many minor psychic talents, and found ways to drastically increase their meager abilities. The KGB applied psychic discoveries such as remote viewing to penetrate western secret projects like Majestic-12 and PISCES.For a few brief years during the Cold War, the Soviet Union maintained supremacy in the Astral Theatre of Conflict.

However, the enormous threat the Soviet Academy of Sciences unleashed with their psychic research has never been revealed, even to the current rank and file agents of Delta Green. What the Soviet Union produced was of vast scope, it revealed infinite dimensions of corruption and inflicted a permanent pollution upon reality itself. They had opened a Pandora's Box of suffering, pouring a stream of agony into the world. This industrial-age iteration of otherworldly terror originated within Nazi Germany, in the secret researches of an amoral scientist named Dr. Williem Eisenbien.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd like to continue this game. It was put on hold when I was the only player remaining (the others had disappeared). Kabukiman said he would try to recruit more players for Escape from Innsmouth, which I'd like to resume playing even more, once he finishes Servants of Chaos (we're almost done). He might not want to run two games at once, and I'm not sure which one he'd prefer to continue first if he only wants to run one at a time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Noted. Cheers!
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Hi! Sorry for not having posted before. I'm been very busy, and as Mr Handy said, I will resume the game as soon as I finish servants of chaos. I have been very busy, so I can only be the keeper of one game at the time- I prefer to have regular sessions, than many games and not be able to keep the pace. Insmouth is a longer game, Pandora box is smaller, so probably it's best that we start by this if you both agreed.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Sure, what parts of the previous chapters do I need to read up on, or do I enter blind?
I´m all for starting/finishing this box of horrific events.
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

That depends. Do you prefer to take one of the PC that were abandoned, or create a new fresh? If you take one of the abandoned you will have to read the story, but it will e easier to enter the story.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hook me up with Charles Vance. I´ll read up on the story over the day and will PM you tonight on where to take this.
These are the goggles Charles just crafted to appear more out-of-flux with reality.
Attachments
tumblr_lanlfrxi5C1qbd4z0o1_500.png
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi guys!

First some comments on the game so far.
The first chapter felt dystopic and had a flair of Car Wars - which I hadn´t anticipated :D
The second chapter made a 180 turn and was an entity of its own. Like a dream. I guess Vance is anticipating that he´s hooked up to a tech-berth anytime soon...

Arctic adventures in RL!

How much did they drink the other day? And is this the effects of the E*G*G* S*H*E*L*L drug?!

I´m ready to lock and load!

/Dave
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Continuing with this adventure once Servants of Chaos is finished sounds good to me. Once this is done, I do hope to continue Escape from Innsmouth.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OK, I´ll hold and will be working on my Blade Runner adaptation for CoC and a Vietnam scenario.
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Ok, it's agreed then. As soon as Servants of chaos finish, we continue with this one.
I'm glad you liked. The 3 and 4º chapter will be completly different too.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Servant of chaos is officially finished, so we can restart this game by friday, if you all agreed.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Well done on finishing SOC, Fabs!
Looking forward to Friday.
/Dave
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Friday sounds good to me too!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Guys, I won't be able to post for the next few days, so I wish you a Merry Christmas to both of you and your families!
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The same to you, Fabiano. Jonathan, to you to. Enjoy Christmas and the snow - hopefully.

/Dave
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Merry Christmas to you both as well! Doesn't look like I'll be getting any snow, though.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

I hope you had a good christmas. It didn't snow in my city, but we we had cold and a nice sun.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm not sure if you saw on the other boards, but Syrinx is dropping out of all of the games he's playing, which would include this one. This means I'm the only player at the moment.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Pandora's Box”