Epilogue

Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Epilogue

Post by kabukiman »

-I’m pretty sure we managed to destroy the submarine city -said the admiral.
-But some of the creatures did escape- said an army officer
-It was never our purpose to catch them all. We didn’t have the resources, and didn’t expect to face so much of them. And besides, the marines did a good job in the port, killing a lot of them.
-Yes, but it near ended in disaster, if we…
-Gentlemen, it’s a useless discussion, let’s focus. Wade, how many of those mongrels we have?
-About 200, counting women and children. We have about half that number of pure human. We are preparing to release them- some people seemed uncomfortable hearing this - We investigated to be quite sure we didn’t commit any mistakes. I doubt they will say anything. For what I saw, they were even happier than us with the operation.
-And about the journalist?
-You won’t have to worry about that- says a men entering. He put a journal in the table: “The Arkham Advertiser”

"Shooting in Innsmouth
By Alyssa Valentine
In the past Friday, a joint operation between the Treasure Department and the Department of the Navy have been made in the town of Innsmouth. A huge number of liquor and guns was apprehended. Several contrabandists resisted and were shot. The government suspects alien influence and continues investigating. "

-This means Mr. Hoover that she will cooperate?
-Of course. She and the sailors have already helped us. She understood that the public isn’t quite ready to hear stories about frogmen. Usually I don’t like using women, their proper place is in the kitchen, but in this case I’ll make an exception. I’m thinking of making a couple of calls to see if go to a bigger journal; she may be helpful in case we conduct another similar operation. And the sailors were more than happy to get several boxes with liquor and leave the place, courtesy of our good friends of the treasure. They will keep shut, and beside nobody would believe them anyway.
Several heads nodded.
-The soldiers?
Most of them will be recruited to future operations like this. But besides the casualties, we suffered tremendous loss because many of the soldiers panicked or simply got insane. I still have difficulty in believing what the guys in church found; one of them is completely wrecked.
-A final question: the prisoners?
-They will be kept for a long time in a camp. Like forever. Far away from the sea. The President agreed with this. This can never be public. This operation never happened. Or any other deemed necessary.

Return to “Innsmouth”