Page 1 of 1

Luke and Felix

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:53 am
by kabukiman
There is a building called the "The Garden" that seems to be bar.

Re: Luke and Felix

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:59 pm
by welsh
Luke tries to figure out how far the bar is from the church and what are the other buildings nearby. He also wants to keep track of the truck and what the people seem to be doing. But he glances around rather quickly, trying to see how much notice they are attracting.

Then he enters.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:10 am
by kabukiman
Everybody notices Luke. For two reasons: most of the people have the freakest aspect he ever saw in his life, and those who don't walk in a furtive manner, like if they were afraid of something. And Luke is full of self-confidence.
The bar is near (less than 5 minutes) the church.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:10 pm
by welsh
Luke sighs, "So much for being inconspicuous." He proceeds to the Bar.

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:42 am
by kabukiman
The place smells bad, but it's the normal smells of not being washed. They are only 2 men costumers (with the strange look) and a normal person who is serving drinks.

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:48 pm
by welsh
Luke goes to the bar and calls the bartender over, "What do you got to drink?"

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:49 am
by kabukiman
The man has a heavy german accent.
-Beer and whisky, ya? Darrmit proibition, don't leave any otherr drrink.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:35 pm
by welsh
Felix perks up, "Sorry, you have beer and whiskey? Really, but aren't both illegal under prohibition?"

Luke cuts it, "What my friend meant to ask was whether you would be needing someone to supply you with one or both?"

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:29 pm
by kabukiman
-Supply? I have my own supplierr. Of courrse, if the prrice is nice, ve can always talk, yahwol?

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:49 pm
by welsh
kabukiman wrote:-Supply? I have my own supplierr. Of courrse, if the prrice is nice, ve can always talk, yahwol?
Luke nods. "Good, I might be able to move in some supply. But I have to ask, who is running this show? You the owner? What about the police? Are they going to be a problem?"

Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:13 pm
by kabukiman
-Acht nein! The polizei is me best costumerrs. Once a months das boat came herre vith drinks and I buy them. They sell also to otherrs herre.

OOC,I hope I'm not exagerating with the german accent; if you don't like/undestand, please tell me

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:35 am
by welsh
Luke says, "A boat comes and the cops buy the local liquor. You know where they get their booze?"

By the way, does the bartender have the Innsmouth look?

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:16 am
by kabukiman
-Nein, not good to make to many questions. The polizei don't buy thye drrinks to contrraband, just receive some bootles, they help the trransaction to be without prroblems.

OOC: No, he is a normal person.

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:31 pm
by welsh
"So you are the owner of this bar? " Asks Luke.

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:35 pm
by kabukiman
-Ya! Heinrich Schiller at your service.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:53 pm
by welsh
"Glad to meet you Heinrich. Luke is my name, this is Felix." Says Luke. "Its a good thing that you can carry your business on with the locals. Say, Heinrich, what's with the funny look? You know, everyone around here seems to look like fish."

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:22 am
by kabukiman
-Acht! Don't tell me that! Have vou everr seen the frau? They say it was some women who were bring from some island, but I was in the colonies and the women of colour arre prretty in their own inferior way. Nein, it must had been inbreeding, you know, marring cousins and the like.

Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:18 pm
by welsh
"Island? What island. You know, I spent some time in Africa after the war, and there are some pretty strange cults there too. But I haven't seen anything like this. In-breeders. Damn. They didn't bring their religion with them too, did they?"

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:15 am
by kabukiman
-I don't know the details, but prrobably the locals frrom the island have been already converrted to chrristianity by missionairres, because no women frrom there have ever come in the last yearrs.

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:56 pm
by welsh
"No women?" Asks Luke, "SO they are mating with the local girls? I bet the local boys aren't too happy with that!"

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:28 am
by kabukiman
-Acht! The boys haven't a betterr look either. Not that I aprreciate boys.

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:41 pm
by welsh
Luke laughs at this. He notes Bruno and Alyssa in the bar and smiles slyly to the bartender. "Well in that case, I think we need to keep an eye on this one least the fish boys get her, eh?"

He turns back to the bartender, "You know, I am amazed that they didn't bring any girls over from, where ever the hell they come from. Girls for the islands are supposed to be... ah.... more morally liberal? I'm a sailor myself, and I can tell you many stories about the girls for the islands. Let's just say that there are many round eyed sailors who married some tropical girl!"

"So.. what's with this town then? I mean, you've got a decent bar but the town... whew. It looks worse than a ripe dog that's been plowed under by a truck. I mean this place seems virtually dead and buried or at least on its last legs. What keeps you here, Mac? I mean, you got to be able to do better business in a more popular town than this?"

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:17 am
by kabukiman
-Oh-Oh! New clients! And a prretty girrl! This is my lucky day. About yourr question: I like the quiet city. There weher too many prroblems with bootlegangerrs shooting themselves and everyone making threats to the bar owners if they didn't buy the stuff they wanted. So I told me myself: enouth! I'm going to a quiet place. And now I'mtaking carre of those 2.

He leaves and then goes to Allyssa and Bruno:
-Those the preety couple wants anything?

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy

"Why, thank you," says Alyssa with a smile. "I could do with a bite to eat. Do you have anything on the menu besides seafood?" Just the thought of fish makes her a little nauseous. "And to drink I'd like some coffee, please. It's too early in the day for anything harder." She doesn't expect much from this establishment's coffee, other than to help awaken and refresh her after having not slept much the night before.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:37 am
by kabukiman
-We have brread fraulein. And I have some jelly I use forr me. I neverr serve it for anyone, but I will make an exception forr you. And herr wants?

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:35 pm
by welsh
Luke watches them discuss mattes, pays his bill and gestures to Felix that they are leaving. With the bartender occupied, Luke gives Bruno a nod that indicates he's going to walk around and check out the docks. Once outside, they begin to walk towards the docks.

Inside the establishment, Bruno watches as Luke and Felix depart and smiles at the man, "Coffee please."

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:15 am
by kabukiman
-Yes sir! I'l bring it now.

Alyssa and Olsen may return to their thread.

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:42 pm
by kabukiman
Still in the town, some time before you get to the boat, you see a police agent looking at you (a local by his hugly look), but he doesn't follow you.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:46 am
by welsh
Felix and Luke take their time and drive to the nearby town, watching to see if they are followed and careful to identify any outskirt buildings that they might use as a a base before the proposed raid.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:25 am
by kabukiman
The outskirts of Innsmouth are full of ruined houses. Then, it's only a swampy landscape, until you see more houses. Those are poor houses, but not ruined; the persons who live there keep their houses properly.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:24 pm
by welsh
Luke will pull over if he sees anyone outside and ask about the town of Innsmouth, perhaps gain some local information.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm
by kabukiman
You see a house with a kid playing with a chicken (the bird, not a girl).

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:33 pm
by welsh
Luke pulls up close to the boy's yard. Assuming the kid doesn't look like he's got the taint. "Hey kid. I'm kind of lost. Can I get some directions from ya?"

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:45 pm
by kabukiman
The kind is afraid looking at you (and he have a normal look).
-Y-yes, sir, what do you want to know?

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:39 pm
by welsh
Luke nods, "Well kid, we're kind of lost. I guess we could go through Innsmouth, but that place gives me the creeps. Things look kind of fishy in their, if you get my meaning. We're kind of trying to figure the roads around here, or maybe if there is a place we might here that might rent us a room for the night."

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:46 pm
by kabukiman
-Don't go to Innsmouth! It's a bad place! Come, I'l take you to dady.
He walks ans calls:
-Dad, there are some strangers here.
A man appears. He must be about 35, stronguely built, and look suspicious to you.
-How can I help you stranger?

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:41 pm
by welsh
Luke nods. "My name's Luke and this is one of my crew, Felix. We're driving nearby and were just asking your son about the neighborhood. We're trying to go around Innsmouth, as I don't like the look of the place or the people, if you get my meaning. Something fishy about the whole set up. So any advice you can offer, I'd appreciate."

Luke offers the man a hand shake.

"My crew and I usually don't work in these parts. We're currently anchored in Arkham, but usually work out of Boston and New York. We do salvage mostly, some charter work. That said, I'm a little worried about Innsmouth." Luke tries to get a sense of the man, if he can be trusted with more info.

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:21 am
by kabukiman
He seems a bit relieved.
-Salvage, hem? Well, I don't doubt that Innsmouth has lot's of ships waiting for you in the bottom of the ocean, but nobody in its sane mind would go there. They are strange and evil. Lot's of people who go there vanish. And they don't worship the god God, but some strange pagan thing. Avoid the place! I'l tell you the road to avoid it
He gives you the info to go around Innsmouth.

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:52 am
by welsh
Luke nods, taking in the information, then he sighs. "To be honest, I would avoid it if I could, but I got more than business in the neighborhood. One of my crew has gone missing and it seems that those fish head freaks have abducted him. Something to do with a knife he had. You know sailors, they pick up these odd trinckets from all over the world and sometimes they have a special meaning. They are holding him town, but we're not sure where. And the more we look, the more we draw attention to ourselves. I have a bad feeling they plan to use him as some kind of sacrifice. Can you help in anyway? Even if its only to allow us to use your barn for the night?"

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:20 pm
by kabukiman
-They have taken one of you crew? Then he will be surely sacrified tomorrow. We hear some chants in nights like tomorow-don't ask me how it is possible at this distance, it must be the wind- and then somes screams. You can stay this night, but there isn't anything else I can do for you.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:35 am
by welsh
Luke nods, "I appreciate your willingness to help, but I think we need to move quickly if we're to get our man back. Thanks for your advice. If there is anything you'd like to add that might help us out, I'd appreciate hearing it."

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:59 pm
by kabukiman
-I don't know much, I'm sorry, just kill some of those bastards!
You can see he really hate the Insmmouth folk.

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:56 pm
by welsh
Luke ponders this for a moment. "Say, you wouldn't want to help out, would you? We might be able to use a helping hand. I am not asking much, only that you light a fire at a certain time at one of those buildings that is about to collapse anyway. This might distract the fishheads and allow us to get our man out."

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:15 pm
by kabukiman
-No way I'm going there. There is always people watching, and as soon I put my feet there, they would know somehow. Since I'm living here, it wouldn't take some time until they would appear here, and I have a family to care.

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:52 pm
by welsh
Luke nods. "Well, I appreciate your honesty. We'll be moving along. But we may be heading back this way tomorrow night. IF you can keep a light out for us, we might need to duck in here quickly, but we won't if we got trouble on us. Good nght then."

With that Luke and Felix continue on their way.

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:31 pm
by kabukiman
He nods.
-A light I shall have then, and God help you against them!

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:14 pm
by welsh
Luke nods and continues.

OCC- I assume we have enough time to get to the boat, make arrangements and return- perhaps time to sleep as well?

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:38 pm
by kabukiman
OOC, It depends at what time you want to leave. It's about 6 pm now.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:16 pm
by welsh
OCC- ok, so we think the sacrifice will happen tomorrow. How long does it take to get from the boat to the Innsmouth?

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:46 am
by kabukiman
OOC: It would take less than 20 minutes.

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:30 pm
by welsh
Before reaching the harbor, Luke and Felix check to see if they are being followed. If not, they proceed to the harbor.

Luke and Felix will begin to gather supplies. Ropes, chains, tools, if they need to pull down a door. Explosives and ammunition if they need to blow up something. Luke takes a wireless radio set, but they agree to maintain radio silence so as to keep the location of the boat secret. They discuss their plans with Karl, informing the man to have the boat ready to leave at a moments notice. Luke takes a flare gun with yellow flares. "I'll shoot one of these up when we are coming back here if I can, just to give you notice. IF we fire red, it means that everything is fucked and you need to get out. We'll catch up in Boston. Otherwise, wait for us about 72 hours. If you don't hear from us by then, we're dead."

Felix and Luke consider their weapons- shotguns and thompsons would probably be best. Felix will favor a scoped Enfield and a pistol. An extra shotgun, a tommygun and a few hundred rounds of ammunition, in case things get nasty. Karl keeps a shotgun handy on the boat. Luke asks Karl to prepare molotov cocktails from gasoline and various jellies with fuses. Given their experience as mercenaries, this shouldn't be difficult. Once they are ready, the three men rest, with one man watching as the others sleep. By midnight, they should be ready to return to Innsmouth.

Felix, Luke and Karl consider this plan. "We can't trust the local Innsmouth cops, so we're on our own. We might be breaking up a big religious event, so we can expect lots of hostility. If there is to be bloodshed, we'll head south, to New York and from there, go overland back to Canada as I think the local coast guard will be watching for us. That said, lets keep this low key. We're there to get our person and leave. If we can get Miguel out quietly, great. If not, we'll burn the damn town to hell."

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:37 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Sorry, no cocktail molotov, they weren't invented yet. But I will let you have a couple of handgrenades.

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:37 pm
by welsh
OCC- damn! But I know that they did use a primative form of Napalm in World War 1 in flamethrowers. I am trying to bring some kind of an incendiary device to potentially light a building afire in Innsmouth. Wouldn't one of these guys, given their backgrounds, know how to make such a device? It might just be as simple as throw a keroscene lantern into a building. Also, do we have enough time for Karl to do a quick inspection of the truck (and thus avoid potential breakdown).

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:15 am
by kabukiman
OOC: I had agreed with the cocktail molotov, but I think that using a keroscene lantern is actually more realistic.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:37 am
by welsh
OCC. Ok, we'll go that way then. We can get Karl to do maintenance on the truck before we leave- thus assure no breakdowns on the road.

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:20 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: mechanical roll please then.

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:07 pm
by welsh

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:12 am
by kabukiman
In a couple of minutes Karl fixes some minor issues, nothing of serious.

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:08 am
by welsh
OCC- sorry for being a poor player of late.

IC - When ready, Luke and Felix get back in the truck with their supplies to return to Innsmouth.

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:58 am
by kabukiman
After some time, you back at Innsmouth.

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:35 pm
by welsh
OCC- Did we make a plan as to where we are supposed to meet up?

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:02 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Alissa and Bruno are supposed to use Dr Bloom someway, get the info, and then you all meet on the abandoned house, you grab Manuel and leave to the boat back to Arkham. At least it's what I understood.

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:26 am
by welsh
Luke looks to Felix. "We need to get to that Dr. Bloom, but lets not pull the truck too close. We don't need to draw attention to it."

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:01 pm
by welsh
OCC- Are we at Bloom's yet?

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:50 am
by kabukiman
OOC: You got there... now.

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:09 pm
by welsh
IC- the two men pull the truck a block or two away from Dr. Bloom's and then Luke instructs Felix to keep an eye on the truck while he proceeds to Dr. Bloom. Felix is to come and get them if there is any sound of violence. Both men are careful. They try to remain discrete and quiet, not drawing attention to themselves.

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:31 am
by kabukiman
OOC: There are some voices talking, but you don't know who. You knock the door... and go to Allyssa thread.