Group

Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Group

Post by kabukiman »

The voyage is peaceful, without any incident. Both groups found themselves in the port (in the miskatonic river). Even this port (that lost most of his traffic to others like New York), seems full of life and an happy place. All those italians, spaniards and portuguese seem a merry folk when compared with innsmouth people.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Group

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We should stop by the Arkham Advertiser," suggests Alyssa. "I can drop off the evidence we've collected from the Innsmouth Courier. If we have time, I can even file a quick story before we go back. And they may be able to help Hanna find a safe place to stay."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Pickman37 »

Bruno Kirby lets the atmosphere of the Arkham docks wash over him, after the Innsmouth experience, and almost misses Alyssa's words...

"Sounds good. Felix can take you and Hanna over to the newspaper offices while the rest of us see if we can weed out some explosive ordinance or, at the very least, some Chinese fireworks..." Bruno pauses then continues...

"I think we need more of a distraction than some smoke and unfortunately, we never cased any other buildings besides the one next door. Either way, if we have to set something off in an alley, so be it. So, you all get a move-on. We have to be back at Innsmouth before dark so we best do what we have to do here fast. No telling what the weather or tide will bring for getting the boat back there."

Bruno begins to scope the surrounding area for someone who may be in possession or know the whereabouts of what they need...
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Oh, I'm not staying much time here. As soon as possible I will go to Los Angeles to start my career as actress. I'l be famous! And I'l never forget you and all you have done for me!-says Hanna- but whateaver your decision, don't take much more time or you may never see your friend again.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Actually, it would be best to get to Innsmouth just after it gets dark, so people are less likely to see us coming back," says Alyssa. "Hanna is right, though, we do need to move quickly before they get their hands on Manuel. Their ceremony is tomorrow night, and if they're holding him it'll be much harder to get him out." She smiles at Hanna. "I'm glad we were able to help, and I look forward to seeing your movies. You will need to make some money in order to move out there and get started, of course. Maybe the Advertiser could use a temporary employee until you're ready to leave."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-That's great! I have bring a couple of jewels from my mother and I was thinking of selling them to get the money, but this way it's better!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, they can probably use a secretary," says Alyssa. "It would be fun working together. Let's go."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Mr Handy: Got to Alyssa thread
Pikman37: go to Olsen thread.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Alyssa see the crew bringing a crate. The crew sees Alyssa with a middle aged man.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Alyssa waves to the sailors and leads her boss over to them. "Fellows, this is my editor," she says. "He'll be coming with us. Boss, this is Captain Luke Olsen and the rest of the crew of the Wolf Larsen."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

Bruno greets Alyssa but pauses to size up her companion. He looks him up and down then speaks to Alyssa...

"It's a pleasure to meet your editor but to what capacity will he be participating on this mission?"

Bruno tries to temper his tone but realizes he is probably coming off as rude...
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-With the capacity of my revolver- and he show you a caliber 45- for what I heard, you will need all help possible.
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

Bruno nods...

"Alright. I just wanted to make sure you were on the level and knew what you were getting yourself into. You're right. We do need all the help we can get."

Bruno then addresses Alyssa as well..

"We managed to get some fireworks, 2 hand grenades and ten sticks of dynamite so we should be set to cause a distraction. We have rope and a hook to climb in the back window as well. Unfortunately, we were too busy staking out the main building and the one next to it to notice another deserted building a little farther away to use. If you cannot recall one, we might have to set some explosives off in an alley or something." Bruno pauses then continues. "We'd hate to harm any of the innocent ones still remaining in that cursed town by killing them with explosives and destroying their home."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Alyssa thinks hard for a moment. At first she can't remember anything, but then it comes to her. "I don't want that to happen either," she says. "I do remember seeing a place we can use."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

"Great." Bruno smiles at Alyssa.

He eyes the approaching dusk. "We better get on the move. We will update...er...your boss on the voyage. We should be ready for this."

I hope....

Bruno boards the boat and prepares for the trip back to the cursed town.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Alyssa also boards the boat. "Who's bringing the truck?" she asks. "We're going to need that to help us get away quickly. Even if we just take it back to the boat, it'll still get us away from the Customs House faster than we can get there on foot."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

Mr. Handy,Oops! Sorry I forgot we brought the truck back!
Bruno's face turns red with embarrassment....

Lost in thought about the mission, he had completely forgotten that they had brought the truck back to Arkham....

He attempts to save face...

"Um...I just have to secure the cargo onboard then Felix and I will drive back..."

Despite the pause, Bruno feels he has managed to not look incompetent in front of Alyssa. He boards the boat, kills a few minutes below deck doing nothing then leaves with Felix to retrieve the truck and drive back....
OOC,:oops:
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Luke says "I'm not sure if fireworks and explosives are such a great idea." He looked to Bruno and said, "Let's just get a couple or three bottles of the whiskey, stuff a rag into it, catch it on fire, and whip it up against the wall of the building. Or just pour the whiskey about and set a match to it. The thing will be engulfed in no time. We're not talking a little smoke either. Flames jetting up twenty feet into the night air is sure to get some attention. That way, it won't be so suspicious as explosives or fireworks." He looked to the others to see if anyone thought it was a decent plan. "We can save those grenades and dynamite for future use, like if we have to fight our way out."

He also pointed out, "This diversion is supposed to give us the opportunity to sneak in the back of the house. So... it seems reasonable to assume that someone else will have to be making the diversion. It'll be hard for us to make the diversion, then rush around to the back of the house without getting noticed. My suggestion is we get into place... and we let Felix start the diversion. Then he can drive off before too much attention is claimed, circle around, and come to pick us up at some predefined location."
Last edited by ImpInTraining on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, I agree," says Alyssa, "only we need the truck to stay behind the Customs House with Felix behind the wheel and the engine running. It's better if someone else starts the fire and then quickly heads for either the truck or the boat."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

Bruno and Felix are departing to get the truck when Luke and Alyssa begin reviewing the plan. Bruno absorbs the information and nods in agreement...

"You make a good point, boss. We can do that." Bruno nods towards Luke but again eyes the setting sun and is anxious to get to Innsmouth by dark. It is the last night they have a chance to rescue their man and he has been on more than one mission with Olsen, knowing he can trust his long-time friend to come up with a decent plan...

"Maybe, Felix can drop us off and we can sneak off on foot to the back of the Custom's house then he can travel to the abandoned structure Alyssa remembers to create the diversion. After he sets the diversion, he can bring the truck back around. I'll leave it up to you all to decide on the boat on the trip then you can fill us in once we meet at the rendevouz. We should get going. The tides around this garbage hole can be unpredictable and we need to compensate for time, in case either the boat runs into trouble or Felix and I have trouble with the truck."

Bruno motions for Felix to get moving...

"We'll see you all soon. Safe journeys!"

Bruno carries on with Felix to the truck, knowing he can trust Luke to sort the rest of the plan out...

Return to “Arkham”