William Archer

Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

William Archer

Post by kabukiman »

You are in the Arkham public library. Mrs Oak is waiting for your comand: books of archaeology, art, or local history?
Wayno
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Re: William Archer

Post by Wayno »

"Good Day mrs....." The name on her badge said Oak, "Im looking for a book!"He realises what he just said, where he is, and had a little chuckle inside! "Do you by any chance know of a place named innsmouth?, im looking for anything of relavance, maybe something along the lines of local history"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Mrs Oak is an old lady with a cold look.
-Innsmouth? I will see what I can find.
After a long wait she returns. She brings you a book called the "Essex county histories” and several exemplaries from a journal called the "Innsmouth Courier Newspaper". Unfortunely, the journal is very old (early XIX century), and incomplete. Make a library roll for each hour you spend there (maximum four hours, so four rolls), and you must tell me if you want to read the book or the journal.
Wayno
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wayno »

"Thank you Mrs oak."
"I think ill take a look at the journal"
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1833781/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1833782/
"As i can only spare an hour"
William thought if anything was going to give him an insight into the town of innsmouth, it would be a local paper.
I did roll 4 times but i failed the 1st,then lost the page, and the link!
Last edited by Wayno on Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: The four rolls were for 4 hours of lecture. If you only spend one hour you just make one roll (and you failed it).
Wayno
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wayno »

OOC: So can i spend my other 3 hours? i rolled for 4 hours and passed 1, so dosnt that mean i get 1 hour of lecture?
Sorry for all the messing about!
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: No, it means you spent four hours reading, but only found useful information in one hour. Now roll 1d4.

You discover the following: A certain Obed Marsh, the captain and owner of a boat, bring jewels in gold from some mysterious Island.
Wayno
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wayno »

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Ok, this is the points you adquire in a new skill: Insmmouth lore.
Wayno
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wayno »

so these jewels and gold must be what i am looking for, william thinks to himself.
I must find this man, this Captain obed marsh.

OOC:Do i have any more time in the library?
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: The entry of the journal is from march of 1837...

No, it's closing time.
Wayno
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wayno »

As William walks home, he runs through his mind on what he could do the next day!

His next port of call would be innsmouth, in search of this Obed marsh!

After arriving home William grabbed a bag threw a flashlight into it while searching for his handgun(.30auto).
He finds it in the top drawer of his desk, slips it down the back of his trousers. "What else, what else will i need, After all, i dont know what im getting myself into."
William trys thinks back to the mysterious stranger who came to him with this assignment?
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

He said his name was Decker (about his 50's, grey hair, many wrinkles, with a face that remembers an eagle). He lived in Boston and was interested in the very peculiar objects that the city of Innsmouth had produced (some where in the museum of the university). He payed in advance- 1000 dollars just for adquire the objects (no questions made, as long as you don't get in real trouble), plus your fees.
Wayno
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wayno »

Early the next morning, William awoke, ready for another adventure!

He Had a wash, and got into his clothing, He wore a Dark t-shirt and his favorite pair of pants, these were dark green in colour and had roughtly six pockets, this been why he loved his pants so much, you never know when one might need a few pockets!

Whilst pulling on his climbing boots, He thinks about how he is going to carry his cash, after all he wasnt going to leave his money lying round his house.
So he decides to wrap a cple of hundred around each ankle,(under his socks),moving them around until he was comfortable.
William put 400 in his wallet, and the rest he just stuffed in his pocket, carfully like, he wouldnt want to lose any.

As he picks up his bag of supplies, William wonders if there is anything else he may need! Quickly remembers his handgun on the floor by his bed, "cant be forgeting you my friend"he says.

As he exits his home a cold wind brushes across his face, "Arrrgghhh, the perfect wake up remedy" It was a beautiful morning, and William thought he might stop off at the University, to check out these Artifacts that were on show.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

You arrive at the Miskatonic University. Very few students are to be seen (they are in classes). After some time, a girl tell you the direction of the museum. Only a guard is there.
You are familiar with most of the collections: native ceremonial objects, colonial artefacts. After some time, you found in the section of American Folk Art collection what you are looking for. Make a Archaeology roll.
Wayno
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wayno »

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

It doesn't seem anything you ever saw. Not native american or traditional folk. Maybe Polinesian? Anywhy, they semm to be necklaces and jewels for the arms, but the proportions are all wrong: the owners arms and neck should be of the size of a bull to use those jewels. They have carvings with sea motivs and frog-like creatures.

Roll 1d2: it's more Innsmouth lore.
Wayno
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wayno »

William thought it very strange that he has never seen anything quite like the jewellery he was looking at, Who could have worn something so large.

"I wonder if there is anyone here who could maybe tell me a little more about these artifacts"? William says to himself.

OOC: Innsmouth lore: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1839589/
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: The curator of the museum. You should try to make an entreview with him. To that, you should ask to the guard.
Wayno
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Wayno »

William looks around the large hall, looking for someone in charge, and notices a security guard.

"Hello sir", "my name is William Archer". The gaurd looks puzzled, "Can i help you sir", he says.

"Yes" "Im looking for the museum curator". "I dont suppose you could point me in the right direction", "could you"?

Return to “Arkham”