Page 1 of 1

Alyssa and Bruno

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:15 pm
by kabukiman
Jack is still waiting for his bootle.

Re: Alyssa and Bruno

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:55 pm
by welsh
Bruno pauses. He's not happy with the amount of info that the old drunk has offered. Besides a place and a few names.. But he also feels he's wasting time. If these fellows are as bad as the drunk says, than there is little time to waste in saving Miguel.

He looks at the journalist, hoping she has more questions. "You haven't told me much about my missing friend. More the point- where do you think they took him in Innsmouth?"

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:22 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Maybe they took him to the cult's center of worship?" suggests Alyssa. "You said they were replacing all the churches in Innsmouth. Is there one big central church that's the most important to them, and if there is, where exactly is it located? Please, Jack, this man's life is in danger and every minute counts. Try to think of anything that might lead to finding Miguel, no matter how small or unimportant it might seem."

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:30 am
by kabukiman
-Don't know. They have the jail and the church of Dagon, but i doubt, they are too public to serve to hide someone. Probably some old warehouse. Only someone there could know.

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:08 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I'd guess the warehouses would be near the docks," says Alyssa. "Am I right? Does Zack ever hang out around the warehouses? If he does, maybe he saw something. Even if he didn't he might know something. Is there any way you know of to get in touch with him?"

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:22 am
by kabukiman
-Yeah, he was pretty much near the warehouse. All you have to do is to travel in the city until you find him... but, wait! You are thinking in actually going there?

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:36 pm
by welsh
Bruno tries to get a rid on the drunk, trying to figure out if he's holding back something important. "That's right, friend," Says Bruno. "They've taken a good fella, one of our crew who is guilty of nothing but being in the wrong place at the wrong time. And chances are, no one is going to save him unless we do it. So anything you can add that might help, well, we'd appreciate it."

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:40 pm
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa nods too as she observes Jack, also getting a read on him to try to determine if he's withholding information. "I agree," says Alyssa. "I know Innsmouth is a frightening place from everything you've told us, but if that's where they've taken Miguel, then we've got to rescue him - and the others who have disappeared, if it's not too late. Besides, I go wherever the story takes me. I know you're concerned about our safety, but the best way to ensure that is to make sure you've told us every last detail that could be of use."

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:50 am
by kabukiman
-I'm thinking, i'm thinking! Wait! There is another person who may help you! Rebecca. She was the daugther of a Reverend who came to live there. He vanished some time latter and she was raised by her mother. I know that the other folks don't trust her, she always refused to marry the locals, but since she didn't interfere, they leaved her alone. She lives in the house next to the ancient Congretional church, it's near the center.

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:30 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Alyssa. "Do you know Rebecca's last name, or the names of the Reverend and her mother?"

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:59 am
by kabukiman
-Jones or something, i don't remember well. Never talk much to her, she didn't seemed to like me, I don't know why.

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:24 pm
by welsh
Bruno looks over the man. "You know, these three fellows that took Miguel, all had a funny look and way about them. But I don't see that in you. Do all the members of this cult look like them? I assume they mostly live in town, but what about the outskirts?"

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:30 pm
by kabukiman
-I don't know why. You see, a long time ago, several sailors brought women from some exotic place and started to have that disease. Those who didn't married with the girls or their descendents, don't have whateaver is the problem. The people of the outskirts never came to Innsmouth- they avoid the city like if it had the plague.

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"It sounds like those girls brought back an exotic disease with them," says Alyssa. "Maybe I'll have better luck talking to Rebecca; she might open up to another woman. If our local Reverend comes with us, she might be inclined to speak to him as well."

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:58 pm
by kabukiman
-It may be a good idea. And by the way, about my reward...

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:20 am
by kabukiman
Suddenly you all heard the voice of Mr Percy:
-Mr Bruno! Mr Bruno! We may have found one of your villains!

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:35 pm
by welsh
Bruno gets up, passes the bottle to Alyssa and whispers in her ear, "Just a little at a time. A taste is enough. Too much and he'll spoil."

Then more loudly, "I'll be back."

He looks to the local policeman, nods, and steps out of the room.

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:12 am
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa nods and pours a little liquor into Jack's shotglass. "Once Bruno and Mr. Marmont get back, they'll work out the terms of your reward. In the meantime, here's a little something to whet your whistle. When did Rebecca's father disappear?"

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:29 am
by kabukiman
-About 5 years ago. His flock was very thin, and I don't know why they tolerate him. Maybe they were all members of the cult pretending they were christians, I don't know. And one day-pff- he simply vanished.

OOC: Bruno go to Percy and Peter thread.

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:40 am
by Mr. Handy

"Who were the other members of his flock?" asks Alyssa. "Do any of them still attend that church or keep in touch with Rebecca or her mother?"

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:35 am
by kabukiman
-Ey, do I look like someone who goes to the church? I heard he was always talking against drinking, gambling and women, what's the point of living if you can't have those things? So, no, I don't know anyone.

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:31 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, I suppose it would be best to ask Rebecca that question," says Alyssa. "Are Rebecca and Zack acquainted? Might she be able to arrange a meeting with him?"

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:44 am
by kabukiman
-I don't know, but I doubt. You see, Zack was a merry guy, who liked to drink, and Miss Rebecca, well she was a daughter of a reverend, so she had some funny ideas about anyone who drinks.

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:20 am
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa nods. "How far does this cult reach?" she asks. "Are they only in Innsmouth, or do they have members here in Arkham and other towns?"

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:27 am
by kabukiman
-In other places?-He asks surprised- Never thought about that! But I never heard of them in other places, or saw their hugly faces, well, until when I saw those 3 some days ago, so I don't think they are in other places.

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:49 am
by Mr. Handy

"That's good to know," says Alyssa. "If they did have connections in Arkham, they wouldn't have been so blatant about stealing the dagger. Since they're only in Innsmouth, why don't more people just leave? Obviously you did, but why do Zack and Rebecca stay there?"

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:03 am
by kabukiman
-I don't know. Well, I never liked anyone giving me orders. Jacks is always happy as as long as he have a bottle of whiskey. About Rebecca, who knows what she may think?

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:52 am
by Mr. Handy

"Do you know how long ago the sailors brought in those women and the disease came to Innsmouth?" asks Alyssa. "Did the cult start at around the same time?"

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:57 am
by kabukiman
-I don't know, it was before I was born. But yes, I head that the cult and the disease were from the same time. Zack should know those things, since he was a witness from those times, he is already very old.

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:58 am
by Mr. Handy

"Did any outsiders ever come to Innsmouth before when you lived there to investigate what was going on?" asks Alyssa. "If so, did they disappear as well, or were there any who left with no problem?"

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:19 am
by kabukiman
-Nobody stays much time. The place is unfriendly to foreigners, so they usually leave the place. If they stay, they must learn quickly to not make many questions.

Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"How long ago did those men from Innsmouth come here?" asks Alyssa. "Do you know how they got here? Did they come in a car, or by boat? Is there a train that goes to Innsmouth, or a bus?"

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:26 am
by kabukiman
-I din't know how they came. There is a bus, but i'm not sure they used. The railroad was abandoned years ago. Now, I want my drink...

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:13 pm
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa pours some more liquor into Jack's shotglass. "You never said if you knew when those men from Innsmouth first showed up here," she says. "Have you ever seen them or anyone else from Innsmouth in Arkham before? Do you know anyone else who used to live in Innsmouth and left like you did?"

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:59 am
by kabukiman
-No, I didn't knew them, but as I said before, with those faces, they could only come from Innsmouth. And yes, there is a lot of people who have leaved the place, but those are the normal ones like me. I don't know anyone who lives in Arkham, and I don't care.

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:52 am
by Mr. Handy

"You still haven't fully answered one of my questions," says Alyssa. "Do you know how long ago those three men from Innsmouth arrived here? Did you see them for the first time today, or have they been here for a while already? I suppose the manager will know when they checked in if you don't."

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:44 am
by kabukiman
-They appeared some days before in the hottel, I'm not sure when, and the minute I saw them, I recognize them as innsmouth folk. But they never had been here, or at least in this part of the town, they didn't knew anyone, and nobody recognize them.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa glances at her silent companion as she continues jotting notes down in her notepad. "Can you think of any other questions you'd like to ask that I haven't covered?" she asks the detective.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:52 pm
by kabukiman
-What are the goals of that church? Why do they need so much secrets? I have never heard of them!-Says the detective
-Ey! Did you heard anything I told? They are completly nuts! They have some weird god, and they make people disapear! What do you think?
-Yes, but why do they need all that things? Couldn't just have the cult? They need to have an entire city?

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:06 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I guess it would be an advantage for the cult to control the police and government in Innsmouth," says Alyssa, "simply because that would allow them to operate freely and silence anyone they think is dangerous to them. They are insane, yes, but my colleague raises some good points. What does the cult want? What is it trying to accomplish? They must have some goals in mind, however irrational. Clearly they wanted that dagger, but that's only one piece of a larger puzzle. If we can figure out what else they're after, we may be able to get a step ahead of them."

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:39 pm
by kabukiman
-I don't know, and I don't care. I live here, so I don't have to be with them. If you want, go ask them- he says with a sarcasm.

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"Can you think of anything else you'd like to ask?" Alyssa asks the detective.

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:55 am
by kabukiman
-No, I think it's all said.

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:09 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Let's wait for the others to get back, then," says Alyssa. "They may have more questions, and they also have the money."

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:17 pm
by kabukiman
-Can I have my drink now?- He says with an angry voice.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:25 pm
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa fills Jack's shotglass. "Once the others have asked all of the questions they want, you can have the rest of the bottle," she says. "If you have too much to drink before that, it might make you forget the answers. Once they're done, and it shouldn't be much longer, you can have as much as you please."

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:29 pm
by kabukiman
-I don't remember them, it was several years ago and didn't like to put my feets in the church. And her mother had died when she was still a child.

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:27 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Do you know how Rebecca's mother died?" asks Alyssa. "Was the cult responsible?"

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:32 pm
by kabukiman
-I don't know. As I said, I was never a friend of the family...

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:24 am
by Mr. Handy

A thought occurs to Alyssa. "Did you see these men from Innsmouth talking to anyone else while they were in Arkham?" she asks.

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:21 am
by kabukiman
-Yes, a lot of people, they were asking about the knife I told you before.

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:55 pm
by welsh
Bruno knocks on the door, and then steps in. "Well... Looks like one of your neighbors also saw these three fellows. Except he saw them leaving with a large bag and it looked like there was a large animal, or maybe a man, inside."

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:09 pm
by kabukiman
-Really? It must had been early in the morning, I was still recovering from an... indisposition. Now, about my bootle and my money...

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa smiles at Bruno. "I'm glad you're back now," she says. "I've just about run out of questions." She fills him in on what she has learned. "If you've got any more questions of your own you should ask them, and then we can give the man his reward before going to speak to the manager."

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:16 pm
by welsh
"Actually I have a question. These gents are distinctive looking. Are they like that when they are children too? In otherwords, do they get ugly as adults? Also what about the women? Are there women who have this.... look? And from what you remember- do they usually leave Innsmouth or do they stay there?"

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:01 pm
by kabukiman
-IN kids they are normal, it's only when they are adults that they get hugly. And the women are equal, yeah.

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:21 pm
by welsh
"Wait a minute" Says Bruno, "You are saying the women also have this condition? Not just the men? Jeezus, Mary and Joseph, who would sleep with such hideous creatures!" Then catching himself speaking outloud with the lovely Alyssa, Bruno asks another question. "When does the condition normally appear?"

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:38 pm
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa blushes at Bruno's statement, but she realizes that he has a point and can't help but be curious herself. They must marry each other, she thinks. Otherwise they would never have children. And that would explain how the disease keeps getting passed on to the next generation. She silently awaits Jack's answer with interest.

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:56 am
by kabukiman
-Depends. Usually when they 20 years, some earlier, others latter. But I'm enouth of all those questions, I have answered all I could! Give me my money!

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:33 pm
by welsh
Bruno pauses, "You'll be paid. But do these.... people.. these Innsmouth folks, the one's with this particular Innsmouth look... do they also mate with other women, women not afflected by this... illness?"

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:30 am
by kabukiman
-I don't know, I guess so. Let me remember...yes, there was people who married with others who didn'ty have the sickness and had kids.

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:23 pm
by welsh
Bruno considers Alyssa. "So.... any women we might meet in town might be in...ah... a delicate circumstances with one of them? And when do these people normally begin showing this... Innsmouth trait?"

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa cringes in disgust. "I can't imagine why any woman would want to marry one of those...men," she says, "no matter how rich he might be. Still, we'll be wary of the women of Innsmouth as well as the men. The only one we know of that we can trust is Rebecca. Do the children of these...mixed marriages develop the disease too?"

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:52 am
by kabukiman
-Look, I never started to make a list of everyone ancesters, but I guess so. Some of the people who are born from the sick whateaver it is one or both parents never develop the sickness, most develop it and die before getting to the 40's. There is no rules about that. You may look perfectly normal, and suddenly, puf! In a couple of months you get sick and die. Others live with an horrible look all their lives until they die of old age. And you know the most weird? Some don't seem to have the disease, they have a normal look, die old, but are sad becausae they didn't have the sickness. So you can see how mad they are...

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:59 pm
by welsh
Bruno looks at Alyssa- "Rebecca? Who is this Rebecca?"

At the drunk's words, Bruno looks at him, "So if someone looks normal, or even acts normal, they might be one of them?"

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:37 pm
by kabukiman
-They? I suppose so. You see, even if those who don't have the sickness, they believe in all that crap of religion, so you can't trust them. NOW MY MONEY! I HAVE ANSWERED ALL I COULD!

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:41 pm
by Mr. Handy

"That is crazy," says Alyssa, shaking her head in wonder that anyone would actually want such a horrible disease. She turns to Bruno. "Rebecca Jones is the reverend's daughter that Jack told us about, right before you left the room." She then refills Jack's shotglass, hoping a drink will calm him down.

[OOC: When I said Alyssa filled Bruno in, she told him all of the things that were discussed in his absence. I didn't want to have to summarize all of it in character.]

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:14 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Ok, so Bruno know now everything.

Jack drinks the glass immediatly, and seems to getting calmer... but just a little.

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:27 pm
by welsh
Bruno shrugs, "A reverend's daughter is still a creature of flesh and blood, and such creatures can be corrupted. I have seen it in men of the cloth before, and would expect no less from their progeny. I think you are safe to trust no one from that damn village, until at least they prove themselves to you."

Bruno looks at Jack, "Why do you feel its safe for you to speak to us now?"

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:47 pm
by kabukiman
His eyes and voice are a bit more... relaxed
-Safe? Of course I'm safe! But I don't know nothing, so give me my money!

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:23 pm
by welsh
Bruno shrugs and looks to Alyssa and the cop, "Do you have anything more to add?"

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:47 pm
by Mr. Handy

"No, I think we've covered everything," says Alyssa. She glances over to the detective. "If you don't have any more questions, let's pay the fellow."

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:56 am
by kabukiman
-It's ok for me- says the police.

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:07 pm
by welsh
Bruno puts the money on the table. "You'll be here if we have more questions?"

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:00 am
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa puts the bottle down on the table, along with the money she had gotten from petty cash back at the newspaper office before she left. "The Arkham Advertiser has agreed to match the reward," she says to Jack. "Thank you very much for your help, sir."

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:19 am
by kabukiman
-Yeah, good luck with whateaver your doing.
He grabs the money, starts drinking from the bottle and ignores you after that.

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:57 pm
by welsh
Bruno helps Alyssa up and then departs the room. He waits for the others outside the room and when they are joined goes downstairs to the lobby of the hotel.

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:36 pm
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa follows Bruno out of the room. "The next thing we should do is to go downstairs and speak to the manager," she says. "We can get the key to Room 6 so we can look through it and see if any clues have been left behind, and we can check the register to see what names those men used. It doesn't look like they clean the rooms here, so with any luck any evidence in the room will be intact. The manager would also know when they arrived and left, and he might also know what mode of transportation they used."

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:24 am
by kabukiman
The manager is still reading.

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:38 pm
by welsh
Bruno nods, "Good idea. The manager might be more cordial to you, so feel free to ask." After looking over the lobby area, Bruno goes out the front door to consult with Olson about what was learned.

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:13 pm
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa nods and approaches the manager. "Pardon me," she says to him. "We'd like to ask you some questions about the three men who were recently staying in Room 6."

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:34 pm
by kabukiman
-Don't know anything- he says still reading.

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:56 pm
by welsh
Outside the hotel, Olson and Bruno consult about what they have learned. When Bruno mentions he wants to check out the apartment, Olson nods.

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:08 am
by Mr. Handy

"They were guests here, so surely you remember them," says Alyssa. "The way they looked and smelled, I don't think you could possibly forget them. They've signed the register, so you know the names they gave and which nights they spent here, and you'd also know if they had any visitors or if they made or received any telephone calls."

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:40 am
by kabukiman
-Hum, ok. They registered as Jim, Jack and Brad from Boston. I don't have a phone, and they came in a car. They didn't make any noise neitheir they were drunk. But I had to hopen the windoes when they leaved because the smell. Nobody came to visist them, they just make some questions about a knife. They have leave today early, about 9h in a hurry. They paid in cash. They were here 2 nights.

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:28 am
by Mr. Handy

"What last names did they sign the register with?" asks Alyssa. "You have to give a last name when you sign the register. Did you see them carrying anything unusual when they left? And what kind of car did they have?"

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:47 am
by kabukiman
-Let me see. Hum, Gilliam. They were probably brothers, having the same name and face. They used an old ford-T and they leaved with a huge bag. Didn't asked anything, not my business.

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"An old Model T," says Alyssa. "Any color as long as it's black, as Henry Ford would say, I suppose. Did the Gilliams leave anything behind?"

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:17 am
by kabukiman
-Yes, some can of beer, cigars, and stuff like that. The cleaning women have already put all that in the garbage.

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:51 am
by Mr. Handy

"Did they leave any papers or notes?" asks Alyssa.

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:25 am
by kabukiman
-That I remember no.

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:36 am
by Mr. Handy

"Where could we find the women who cleaned the room?" asks Alyssa. "Maybe they'll remember if they found something. Also, could we please look through Room 6 to see if the Gilliams left anything that the cleaning women didn't find? I'm guessing you haven't been able to rent it to anyone else yet due to the odor."

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:44 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: I have edit the answer.

-The cleaning lady is now cooking in the kitchen. And about the room, yes, you can see it.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:11 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Alyssa, collecting the key to Room 6. "I'll bring it back when we're done. We'll talk to the maid first. Which way is the kitchen, please?" Once the manager tells her where to go, she leads the detective to the kitchen to find the cleaning woman.

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:42 am
by kabukiman
The kitchen stinks. An old women about 70 years old, short and fat is washing some potatoes in a bucket full of dark water.

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:45 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Pardon me," says Alyssa to the cleaning woman. "I understand that you were the one who cleaned Room 6, where those three men who reeked of fish had been staying. Did you by any chance find anything they left behind other than the usual garbage? Did they leave any papers or notes?"

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:16 pm
by kabukiman
-Papers? I don't seem to remember- she says looking with a peculiar look at you...

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:24 pm
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa regards the old woman and tries to understand her motivations. Does she want money to "jog her memory"? she thinks. Or will she be offended if I offer it to her? "Please, try to remember," says Alyssa. "These three men are implicated in some serious crimes, and someone's life is at stake. There was an article about it in the extra edition of the Arkham Advertiser. Is there anything I can do to help you recall if you found anything?"

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:15 am
by kabukiman
-Well, I really need to buy a meal if you undestand me...

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:20 am
by welsh
OCC- Going to jump through this

Bruno reenters the Lobby and goes to the desk manager to ask what happened to the girl. Then overhearing the conversation, follows the voices to where Alyssa questions the old woman.

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"Of course," says Alyssa. She digs out some change from her purse and hands it to the old woman.

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:20 am
by kabukiman
She receives the money and then says.
-Well, they didn't left much. But I found this, and thought it was curious: it's a painting of a knife.

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:15 pm
by welsh
Bruno looks at the painting. (Does he recognize it). "Interesting. There is something else. My colleague on the street tells me that these fellows were here waiting for us and for the knife... as if they knew it would be coming here. We also have reason to believe that Miguel was in a large bag when they left this place. It also seems that the local gangs weren't involved in the abduction."

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"We should show this to Percy," says Alyssa. She turns to the cleaning woman. "Thank you. May we take it with us?"

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:04 am
by kabukiman
She asks you some money and give you the painting.

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:34 pm
by welsh
Bruno opens a wad of cash and hands the women some bills. He turns to Alyssa. "I am worried about Manuel. If they have taken him out of here in a bag, then the bag might be at the bottom of the river by now. The longer we wait, well... the more danger. We should plan to visit this Innsmouth soon. But to move without preparation can be dangerous. Perhaps you can dig up some past stories about Innsmouth from your paper or the local library. And... do you have a gun?"

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy

"A gun?" says Alyssa, handing the painting to Bruno. "No, I don't have one and I've had no practice with guns. I do carry a knife for protection, and I know how to use it. Let's collect the others and check the room first. I've got the key, which I'll return to the manager when we're finished here. After that I'll see what I can dig up about Innsmouth while you complete whatever other preparations are necessary."

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:23 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Mr Zombie has left the campaign, so I will NPC his character.
Mr Percy and Reverand Peter are waiting near the desk with the bouncer.

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:24 am
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: Paradys is also MIA since October 3. You might want to recruit additional players in Existing Games Looking for Players. There are also often new people looking for games to join in Players Looking for Games.]

"Ah, there you are, gentlemen," says Alyssa. She fills them in on what she's learned. "Did you find anything else out? We just spoke to the woman who cleaned Room 6, and she found a painting of a knife that they had left there." She motions for Bruno to show it to the others. "Mr. Marmont, is that the same knife? I've also borrowed the room key, so we can go up and take a look around ourselves."

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:03 pm
by welsh
Bruno shows them the painting. "There is more information. Apparently, the thieves knew we were coming and were waiting for our arrival. We also believe that they took Manuel out of this room in a bag, and drove off in a car. Apparently, they were waiting. We've also learned that the local criminals were not around. I suggest that we plan a move soon. Yes?"

OCC- What time is it?

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:03 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: About 4 pm

Mr Percy exclaim:
-Oh! It is indeed a paint of the dagger I bought! I can recognize those carvings, and the colours. See all the sea details of strange animals? A bit like the zoomorphic style from the ancient Irish, but in a completely strange way. It is an exquisite craftwork. But it reminds me something- he says scratching his head- I just don't remember what exactly...
-More pagan vanities!-says Reverend Peter- those things only serves to tempt souls and made them forget the true God!
Mr Percy seems a bit frighten with reverend Peter speech and then says:
-I-I guess it is better that we go to the other room.

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"Okay, let's go check the room," says Alyssa. She takes out the key and leads the way to Room 6. "Keep thinking about it, Mr. Marmont. I'm sure it will come to you eventually."

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:44 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Sorry welsh, I only read now about your character trying to see if he recognized the dagger. Yes, it seems vaguely familiar, but he only saw Miguel dagger once. By the way, the original name of the character was Manuel (a popular name with farmers and fisherman ), Miguel was an aristocratic name in Portugal that was illed seen by political reasons, only in the last 20 years it begun a popular name (by a big change of mentality) . But I'm digressing and it would be a long story, so going to the point, somehow Manuel transformed himself in Manuel and I didn't notice.

You go again upstairs and arrive at the room.

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:45 pm
by welsh
Bruno looks to Olsen. "Perhaps we should get a shotgun for the lady. If this is the kind of business we can expect. She's not experienced with pistols, but we can give simple instructions on shotguns if we go there. Besides, as long as she shoots in the right direction, she has a better chance to hit something with a 12 gauge than a pistol."

Olsen nods. "Sounds like a plan. We can keep the shotguns in canvas bags. They won't draw so much notice that way. In the dark, the sound of the shotgun might intimidate any adversary, buy us time if things get bad. At least keep some heads down."

"Felix?" Asks Bruno.

"Back to the boat to prepare for our trip tonight. Given what we know, I don't think Miguel..." Starts Luke,

"I thought his name was Manuel." replies Bruno.

"Right. Well Manuel probably can't wait the night. No offence to Mr Percy, but I don't like the idea of one of my crewmen being held by thieves and robbers. And from what you've told me, I doubt the law in Innsmouth will be very helpful."

Bruno nods. "I doubt they will welcome us."

"Its their business to protect their own. As is ours." Says Olsen.

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:20 am
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa nods. "I guess it would be easier for me to use a shotgun than anything else," she says, "but I hope I never need to. Still, I know these are some very bad eggs we're dealing with here, and I wouldn't expect them to treat a lady decently. Hopefully merely displaying it would give them pause. I don't know if we can wait until morning either, but the fact that Manuel is still alive means they want him that way for a reason, so it's not too late. Once we're done here I can go back to the office and let my boss know we're heading to Innsmouth, as well as see what I can dig up on the place, but we can't spend too long." She unlocks the door to Room 6 with the key and peers inside curiously.

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:01 pm
by kabukiman
Make a spot hidden roll.

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:37 pm
by welsh
OCC- I am quite sure either Luke or Bruno pass their rolls- http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1823945/

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:58 pm
by kabukiman
Make two lucky rolls. Mr Handy make a spott hidden roll and if you pass, make a lucky roll too.

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:09 am
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa doesn't notice anything unusual in the room.

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:31 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Welsh, do you want that I roll the dices?

-Oh my! This is getting awful late! To still discover anything about the dagger, I need to go now to the library-says Mr Percy

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:46 pm
by welsh
OCC- no, that's ok. Just busy with real life- Here are the rolls. I think they are two passes. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1825620/

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:59 am
by Mr. Handy

"We're almost done here," Alyssa tells Percy. "That painting of the knife needs to get to Detective Harrigan, as it's evidence. Those men's fingerprints are probably on it, so we should refrain from touching it further with bare hands. I do want to take a picture of it first."

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:41 am
by kabukiman
Bruno and Olsen discover some burned fragments of a paper. But some parts are still intect and you can read two of them:

"Go to the docks zone near the river and ask for it, as soon as you find him, offer him until 250$, it is a reasonable offer. Only use force if everything else failed to get the..."

"...any problem with the locals; the order won’t be so forgiving this time.

R.M."

Mr Percy agrees.
Detective Harrigan than says:
-I will send someone here. But I doubt that we will be able to do much. Those man are probably very far and out of our jurisdiction. And if what we heard is true, it's better not to ask Innsmouth police help. Take a picture and then we will leave this stinking place.

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:47 pm
by welsh
Luke looks at the pages. "I might be able to ask someone about this. A local contact."

Bruno nods. "But from the look of it, seems as if they knew Manuel was coming, and wanted to offer him $250 for the dagger. Manuel refused and they grabbed him. Perhaps just to cover their tracks. Maybe they couldn't afford it from the shop."

Luke turns to Percy, "How much did you offer Manuel for the dagger? And what were you planning to sell it for?"

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:35 am
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa takes a picture of the painting with her camera, and then photographs the burnt pieces of paper. "It's also possible that Manuel had already sold the dagger by the time the three men accosted him. When exactly did he sell it?" She studies the writing on the paper. "This order must be the cult that we were told about...and I bet M is for Marsh! The R could stand for anything, though. Okay, I think we're done here. I'll head back to the paper and fill in my boss and see what information I can find in the archives. Where and when shall we meet to head for Innsmouth?"

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:04 am
by kabukiman
-I paid 100$ and it just because it was a very exotic object, I wouldn't pay 250 for it. For the price to sell, well it's dificult to say, those things take time, maybe 700$ a bit more or less. I have buy it yesterday. But never 3 man like those have come to my shop ask anything.

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:04 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Then they probably didn't find Manuel until after he sold you the dagger," says Alyssa. "Otherwise they would have bought it from him for a similar amount. They must have made him tell them where he had sold it, and they didn't try to buy it from the shop because they knew you'd have some inkling of its true worth. They never would have been able to afford it for $250."

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:52 am
by kabukiman
OOC: So what are you doing now?

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:31 am
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: Alyssa is heading back to the Advertiser once the others arrange a time and place to meet again. There she'll fill her boss in about what she's discovered and the planned trip to Innsmouth and look through old articles for information about Innsmouth, the cult, and people disappearing.]

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:40 am
by welsh
Bruno and Luke suggest that Alyssa meet them at their boat, currently docked on the river, but that they too have business to attend to.

Then both men leave to visit "the gangster".

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:48 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'll meet you there, then," says Alyssa to Luke and Bruno as they leave. She turns to Percy, the detective, and the reverend. "I'll head back to the Advertiser now. Would one or more of you gentlemen care to accompany me? This is a rather rough neighborhood, and it's not good for a lady to go unescorted."

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:39 am
by kabukiman
They both go with you (Mr Percy and the detective) to the Advertiser, and will leave you after that. Allyssa returns to Allyssa thread. Luke and Bruno go to Olsen thread.

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:48 pm
by welsh
Whoops- before leaving, Bruno and Luke asks that Alyssa see if she can obtain a local map of Innsmouth and, if possible, a navigation chart of the local harbor. A map would be very helpful, especially one that contains the locations of our major suspects and residents that live on the fringe of town.

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa nods. "There should be something like that at the library," she says. "They'll probably have a street map, and maybe nautical charts too. I'll check there when I'm done at the paper. See you fellows later."

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:58 am
by kabukiman
The crew is waiting in the boat with a bored look.

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:14 am
by Mr. Handy

Alyssa pays the cabbie and gives him a tip, then takes her valise when he hands it to her. It's small and lightweight, and she is easily able to carry it by herself. She would even be able to carry a larger and heavier suitcase, as she is much stronger than her small frame would suggest. Inside of her valise she has a few changes of clothes, some nightclothes, and a bathing suit in case swimming becomes necessary. She doesn't know how long they're planning to stay in Innsmouth or what to expect when they get there, but she knows it is better to come prepared. She strolls up to the boat and waves to the crew. "Good evening, gentlemen," she says. "I'm all packed and ready to go. My boss also gave me a little something to protect myself." She pats her skirt where the pistol is concealed; its weight is reassuring against her thigh. "I'm not very good with one, so it would be best if I also had a shotgun. I found some old maps and charts in the library, took some photos, and developed and enlarged the film. I've got them with me. Considering Innsmouth's history, I guess it's not surprising that I couldn't find anything recent. I also found out some more information at the library about Innsmouth that I'll fill you in on along the way. How are we getting there?"

[OOC: What kind of gun did my boss give me? Is it a revolver or an automatic, and what caliber is it? From the description I know it's a small one.]

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:27 am
by kabukiman
Olsen nod to the others and say:
-We will go both by truck. The rest of the crew will follow by boat and they will pretend that they are trying to get a deal, no need to know the details. We will investigate and what we can, and as soons we found Manuel we will get out of there.

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:20 am
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: You never answered my question about what kind of gun my boss gave me.]

Alyssa nods. "That sounds like a good plan," she says. "I found a collection of back issues of the Innsmouth Courier from the 1830's and 40's, edited by a John Lawrence. They stopped in 1846, and the last issue detailed the arrest of Obed Marsh and his followers. I don't know what happened after that, but something had to have gone horribly wrong for Innsmouth to have ended up the way it has. The library closed before I had time to find out what it was, but maybe old Zeke will know. These people were doing all sorts of dreadful things back then - including human sacrifices." She shivers. "If that's why they took Manuel there, we'd better hurry and find him fast." She gives the nautical charts to the boat's crew so they can navigate the Innsmouth harbor, and she holds onto the street maps for the group going by land.

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:27 am
by kabukiman
OOC: I have only my spanish edition here, the american edition is in my parents house. Does "Derringer .25" makes any sense? Sorry about :? It says its damage is 1d6.

-Sh**! Those bastards are even worst that I thought. We must hurry. Here is the shotgun. Now let's go now.
There rest of the crew nods, and they prepare to leave with the boat.

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:10 am
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: Thanks, and yes, that makes sense. It's a single shot weapon and is only useful at very close range. Its advantage is that it's very concealable.]

Alyssa slings the canvas bag containing the Winchester pump shotgun and shells over her shoulder, picks up her suitcase, and follows Luke Olsen to the truck.

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:33 pm
by kabukiman
-Ready to go? Let's get on the road.

OOC: If you don't have anything else to do, I can create a thread in Innsmouth.

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:13 am
by Mr. Handy

"Ready as I'll ever be," says Alyssa. She tries to mask the dread she feels deep inside about the fate that might await her in Innsmouth, but she finds the inner courage to continue. By uncovering and printing the truth about what's going on there for all to see, she hopes to save not only Manuel but many others from similar fates.

[OOC: Yes, I'm ready for a thread in Innsmouth. Alyssa is carrying her small knife strapped to her other thigh, and the shotgun and shells inside the canvas bag. She will make sure the shotgun is fully loaded during the ride. It can hold a maximum of five shells.]

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:33 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Ok, go to Alyssa and Olsen thread in Innsmouth subforum.