Olsen

Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Re: Olsen

Post by kabukiman »

-No, it wasn'ts us, and i doubt it was the italians too. You see, people here have orders to steal and cheat sailors- no offense- but not kill them. It would be bad for business. The police would be force to act, and that would be very bad.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by welsh »

"So you think they killed the Portuguese, eh? What makes you think that?" Ask Olson. "And it is weren't the Irish nor the Italians, then maybe some local gang moving in? From the description in the papers, who do you boys think did it? These boys have grabbed one of mine without good reason. Its bad business. But as I see it, a rival gang that is willing to rough up of kill local sailors is bad business for your Dad too. Perhaps we have a mutual interest here."
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: The papers haven't yet make mention of Miguel kidnap; Allyssa was the first journalist to know, and didn't have time to write an article about it yet. She only wrote about the burglars on the shop. All the boy may know is that a sailor have disappear, but he doesn't need to know all the details.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

OC- Ok, but he might have heard that they have nabbed a Portuguese sailor, especially if the local prostitutes also work for his father. News might have traveled- one prostitute tells another, someone is looking for someone...and its a fairly
small world. Mostly, I'm asking if they know a rival gang is operating in town. If the local gangs are organized, than these new guys could be a new threat. But as gangs are usually clandestine operations that utilize methods and info outside the law, they might know something that others don't. Its also likely that the local crooks know more about local crimes than the press or the police.

- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Yes, but remember this is only the son of the real chief, and he doesn't have to tell you everything.
You heard a big noise and see the boys who were with your "new friend" and 4 older man. All armed. They stop when they see you, and one of them says to one of the boys:
-I thought you told that the man had kill my son!
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

OC- Is the man the fellow he's referring to me? ME? I didn't do anything!!!
How are these people armed and who are they pissed off with?

IC- Olsen keeps his cool and brings his hands close to where he keeps his .45. Seven bullets against this mob? It could get messy. Olson considers the door to the hotel, which is still close. No one coming out of there in awhile. He calculates how quickly he could get inside after firing off a clip, reload and fire some more. If he fires first, he might surprise them, but that won't last. Chances are they be on him before he gets 4 bullets off. Maybe this is where diplomacy fits.

"What's the deal, Mac? The kid and I were just having a polite conversation about this town and virtues of importing some of Canada's best over the border. He showed me his edge, I showed him my metal. We got that straightened out and figured out who was who. All that without a drop of blood or sweat. I don't see a problem here but maybe a bit of business, so what gives?"

- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-IT'S MY SON YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!- He says.
-Relax father, we are doing business. You see, this Mr. have a boat and he is interested in importing orange juice. And thanks for running so quickly to bring help-he says ironicaly to his ex-companion.
-Sorry...
-You see, we though that it was best to...
-SILENCE! I will deal with you latter!-says "Daddy"- Now go away!
He then turns to the older ones and make a sign with the head and they leave too... but stay still in the street. Nobody else is in the street.
-So you are interested in making business, eh? Your name is?
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Luke looks at the man. "My name is Luke. I and my partners own a boat and I travel the coast from New Foundland to New York. Most of the regular work is fishing and salvage. If you need something pulled from the bottom, I'm your man. But on occasion we haul cargo from port to port. My boat isn't big, but its ocean going and safe. We can haul cargo. We're not interested in distribution or retail or local complications. If you are a buyer for what we haul, that's fine. We can perhaps even make an exclusive arrangement. That said, if we do business I'd be looking for some sign of good faith. I'd need to be able to trust the people I do business with, as I am sure you'd ask the same. And you are?"

- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Michael O'Bannon is the name. I import orange juice. You said you had other associates? They won't mind using the boat to... import juice? And do't mind with the autorities. As long as we don't make any fuss, they leave us alone.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

"Orange juice it is then. We can probably arrange the purchase from our wholesalers up North and ship down. As for the authorities, they won't be a bother. Besides, we usually move through international waters. I can bring product from South as well. Other associates? My crew. They're with me and dependable. That said, one of mine has recently gone missing. Seems like a rival gang, the same gang that robbed that antique store for a dagger, snatched one of mine while he was making business with a local working girl. Maybe you know about them. Ugly fish-faced, fish-smelling fucks? I'd like my guy back. Might be worth a couple of cases of OJ. Know anything about this? From the way it sounds, it seems a rival gang is working over local business. You're boy tells me it weren't your associates or the Italians, maybe out-of-towners making trouble?"

- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

- About the businees, just appear in my place latter, the street ain't a place to make business. About you man, I gonna see what my man know. Just appear in 2 hours, ok?
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

"Two hours is good. See ya then." Says Olsen, who nods his farewell and returns his attention to the newspaper.

- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

After your talk with O'Bannon, several prostitutes come to ask if you whant to join them to some fun.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Olsen smiles at the girls. "Tempting ladies, but I am actually trying to find a friend of mine. Seems like one of my crew, a fellow named Miguel, got picked up by these ugly looking fellows. Same ones who knocked over that store, ya know, the story is in the papers. Seems like my guy having a good time with a girl named Glen or Glenda. Supposedly they were staying in this hotel or something. Anyway, they took my guy and knocked up the girl a bit. Not very nice of them.

"Do ya know anything about this? I understand time and information is money and I'm willing to pay, and maybe we can make sure these types don't rough one of you girls again, if you know what I mean. Ain't very gentleman like? So if you know something and want to pass it on, it might save a guys life and might save another girl from being knocked about. "

- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Yes, I heard the story. They were a bit rough with her. If you want to talk to Glen, go to the hotel "runaway horses", at the end of this street, she is usually there.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Luke nods, "I appreciate the tip. Maybe I'll do that. Incidently, you haven't seen them around town, have ya?"

- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-No, they must have move to some other part of the town, or simply leaved. But there is a guy who may know it. He is quite nosy, always smeling others affair. Probably an informer of the cops.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

"A police informer?" Olsen offers the prostitutes a few dollars, "Ok, so does this rat have a name, and where can he be found?"

- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Paulie. A short, thin guy, with big glasses. He lives there- she points to the Benjamin Hotel.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

"Thanks girl, I appreciate the tip. Out of curiousity, either of you seen anyone that fit the description of these bad boys? Sound like out-of-towners with a bad skin condition. Maybe some kind of leper colony around here or some local village where there's some weird family trait?"

- Anonymous Cannibal

Return to “Arkham”