Percy Marmont

Moderator: kabukiman

paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Re: Percy Marmont

Post by paradys »

Percy grimaces, trying hard but failing to conceal his distaste at the state of the room. He looks around and tries to find a relativly clean spot to sit down, somewhere he won't catch some frightful infection.

lets get this done with, he thinks, then I can return to my nice, quiet existence in decent surroundings
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Allyssa notice a suspicious volume in the old man jacket; maybe a knife?
-Well, you must have noticed that this is not exactly a palace. And the people who came here? Puff! But 2 days ago, 3 strange fellows appeared. They had a very strange look, with big eyes, a strange scaly skin and a small of fish. They were Americans, no doubt even if they had a strange way of talking, like if they mouth were full of bubbles. But i recognize them immediately. Well, i don't know who they are, but i know were they from! They started to make questions, if anyone had tried to sell a dagger; of course nobody know what they were talking about. And then yesterday, a foreigner appeared, with a bunch of dollars, he boasted saying he had win it by selling some old thing in a rich fancy shop; he asked for the best wine; nobody drinks wine here! He then rented a hooker and nobody had ever seen him since then.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

The Reverand sighed and mutterd about commies and loose women and how they went hand in hand.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"Excuse me" says Percy. "You say they had scaly skin. You mean like some sort of reptile?" A mocking smile of disbelief plays across his lips. "or you mean to say they had a skin infection perhaps? Well if they stayed in this hotel I'm not suprised.."
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by welsh »

Bruno says nothing, letting the conversation proceed. He gives a slight nod with his head to the Reverend and Mr. Marmount in the direction of Alyssa as if to indicate that the journalist is doing well and they should let her proceed without interruption.

Too many questions can overwhelm the man and confused the interrogation. The man seems responsive to the woman... things are going well. Miguel had a taste for wine, as do most Portuguese, and so far the story fits what he knows. Perhaps they will be able to affect a rescue of Miguel.

Luke, meanwhile, reenters the hotel and approaches the manager. "You mentioned a bar? Where was it? Ya know who owns it?" He puts a few dollars on the table, "Its a business matter and it might be in our mutual interest."
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

The manager answers something in a low tone of voice... But the detective seems to be very attentive.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Alyssa looks Bruno in the eye and then returns her gaze to Jack, focusing on the bulge in his pocket for a second and hoping Bruno gets the message. Then she makes eye contact with Jack once more. "Thank you," she says, "I think this information will be helpful. Where did these three men come from, and do you know what room they stayed in here? Also, do you know the name of the hooker that the foreigner rented?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-If i know them? Of course i know them! I lived in that accursed land for 5 years! I could i forget them? Those bulgy eyes and those voices, full of mysteries! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS TO LIVE THERE!- he starts screaming hysterically. After some time he control himself.
-Insmmouth. It's the name of the place. It's near in the coast, a small fishing village. Anyway, they rented the place for a week, but nobody have seen them since they left the hooker, and no, i don't know the name of the whore, but it must be easy to know her name. They were in room 6, but i was there, and they didn't left anything of value.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Peter whispered to Percy, "See told you it would have to be about a hooker. Women think that if you spread your legs then men will jump all over you. My wife is different of course."
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"this fellow obviously has the raving dts" Percy murmurs back. "scaly skin...bulging eyes..probably sees toads under the bed. I doubt we can trust much of what he says..."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think we ought to hear him out," says Alyssa. "If he is suffering from the shakes, well, maybe we should give him a little elixir to cure them at this point." She glances at Bruno, then returns her attention to Jack. "You're right, I don't know what it's like to live in Innsmouth. If you want to tell me about it, I'll gladly listen."
Last edited by Mr. Handy on Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Bruno, meanwhile, says nothing. The descriptions match. As for this Innsmouth, perhaps its some kind of leper colony or similar home for the diseased. Or perhaps the diseased of the mind. Accursed place? Mysteries?

Religious fanatics?

Perhaps they belong to some odd religious community that uses some kind of scarring or deformation as part of their rituals. Perhaps that is why they wanted the dagger? Perhaps it has some kind of religious significance. He'd seen such behavior in Africa and Asia where primitive people might cling to some religious belief kept secret over generations. Its not impossible that such people might have set up a branch here in New England. Afterall, Asian artifacts had become popular goods.

He looks to the girl's gestures. I hope she starts asking questions about the dagger, he thinks. It was the target of the theft and perhaps the abduction of Miguel. Perhaps the man has the dagger.

Bruno also sees that Alyssa keeps making some suggestion to the bulge in the man's pocket. Perhaps its a gun. Or a knife. But if there is to be violence, the policeman is the one to intervene. For him to intervene early would only get him arrested.

Best to remain relaxed and create no reason for violence at all. Bruno ponders if the good Reverend's wife might be the reason for his moral rigidity. Perhaps a woman more... with a hungrier appetite and more adventurous disposition might get him to relax more. But then he remembers how rigid New Englanders could be. The Scarlet Letter.

He does not offer a drop of the Whiskey, but leaves the offer in the air. First the temptation. When the man wants it, then he'll offer a drop. Too soon would be premature. He has to want it, to hunger for it. When he does, then the leverage will be used. Drop by drop until Bruno learns what he needs to learn.

So Bruno remains quiet. Let the journalist ask her questions. There will be time later for his own.

- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

The old man continues:
- I'm getting thirsty, you don't have something to drink, haven’t you? All this talk...
The other "journalist" says with a soft voice:
-One of our colleagues is arriving with something, so you may talk until he arrives.
-Uh? Ok, then. You see, i worked in the sea all my live. My father was a fisherman, and i followed his steps. And for some time i worked in Insmmouth.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Please, go on," says Alyssa. "What can you tell me about Innsmouth? Why do people there have such awful eyes and skin, and why would they be interested in this dagger?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-I don't know anything about the dagger. They have some weird cult, all very secret. And about the deformities, they have a lot of inbreeding, even if some say it's some kind of disease. You know, the most important families only married with other like them- it's like if they were proud of it. My drink now?

OOC: Percy make a know roll; Peter make an idea roll.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1688895

fail

"cult?" says Percy. He is instantly fascinated, despite his distaste for the, err..peripheral details of the story.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

(uhh Mr. Handy...I whispered what I did to Percy so your character should not have heard unless you rolled listen that is.)
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

OC- Not sure if Bruno still has the bottle, but...

IC- Bruno removes the bottle and pours less than a shot of whiskey into the man's cup. Enough to stimulate the taste without much more. Perhaps it will calm his nerves.

"You know the names of these three?" He asks, as he pours. He stops pouring at the end of the question, suggesting that there will be more poured if the man speaks.

- Anonymous Cannibal
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

[OOC: Whoops, didn't see that! Guess Alyssa isn't nosy enough. I'll edit that post.]

"And the names of those important families would be helpful to know too," says Alyssa.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

The man drinks avidely
-Ahhhh! That's better! Where was I? Oh, yes! I don't know the name of the 3 men, but all you have to do is to check with the manager. The most important families? The Marsh and the Gilman. Another cup, please?

OOC: Zombie killer, make an idea roll.

Return to “Arkham”