Percy Marmont

Moderator: kabukiman

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Percy Marmont

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That would be swell, thanks," says Alyssa. "The address is 240 West Main Street, not far from the docks. I certainly feel a lot better with more people there. Jack had mentioned that he'd like me to bring a bottle, and it's rather obvious he wanted alcohol in it. However, a policeman in plainclothes is going to be coming with us. I'm not sure who he is yet, so I don't know if he'd be willing to look the other way."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by paradys »

"Well, I wasn't looking for a party" says Percy, sniffily. "As long as the man is there with the information, that will be fine."
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, of course," says Alyssa. "The drink might have made him more cooperative, but I think he'll talk anyway, at least to me. Once he found out I'm a pretty woman, I got the sense that he's more interested in me as in the money, and he sounds old enough to be my grandfather! Still, I'll be all right now that I've got chaperones. He also said he'd recgnize me because none of the people at the Benjamin Hotel are pretty. The robbers were ugly, so maybe people from wherever they come from frequent the hotel. He might be from the same place."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"rather a spurious connection to make, but that seems rather a habit round these parts. I'll see you there Miss Valentine"

he puts down the phone and joins the others at the front door.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by welsh »

Luke looks at Marmount. "What news?" He asks.
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"we're meeting this character at 240 West Main St in 40 minutes. if everyones ready..?"
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Luke nods, turns to Bruno, "Get Felix to that address. We'll meet outside."

Then to the Reverend, "So Reverend? That these fellows might have an interest in this church might suggest something we've missed. Maybe the dagger has a religious significance."

OC- referring to the questions of the last page. Kabuki, should Zombie Killer roll an idea or a know?

- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: No, not for now. He doesn't know enouth to make any connection.

You all leave the house. You are a big group, with experience men; even if it is a trap against the journalist, the 3 robbers won't have a chance.
The city is very busy with an intense traffic, but in less then 20 minutes, you approach the adress, near the docks. This zone is quite decadent, with dirty houses and old warehouses in ruins.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

OOC: Sorry guys I am trying to keep up I just have very busy things going on at work and in my personal life lately. I will try to keep up in the posts.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Luke checks out the place, and looks to see if Bruno has made it. If Bruno and Felix are there, Luke tells Bruno to stay with Maramount and the Reverend. If anyone asks, Bruno is just a friend who is interested in seeing that the crime is solved and the dagger recovered. "Better to wait to see what the informant has to say before going to the police." Says Luke.

If the police are as Luke suspects, than information would through the police to any interested parties, perhaps parties that don't want a kidnapping to be known. The news will get back to Miguel, and Miguel ends up as food for sharks.

Felix is to move around the back of the joint, to cover any back entrances. Should things get bad, Felix is to block the escape out the back.

But at the same time Luke is suspicious. How many of them are there? Perhaps the informant has friends?

To be a fly on a wall...

Or a Barfly on a wall.

Luke looks at the others. Someone like the Marmount or the Reverend would stand out in such a place, but a sailor passing through would be par the course.

Luke buys a newspaper from a local vendor and returns.

He says to the others. "I am going to in and check it out. If we all go in together, we might spook the informant, especially if I am with Bruno. Might be better if you don't know me. So I'll go separate like, get a table or a chair in the joint, order coffee and read the paper. Maybe check out the head to see if the coast is clear. If it looks good, I'll stay, read my paper and drink my joe. Otherwise, I'll come out and give you all warning."

"When the journalist and the rest of you come in, I've got your back. Bruno can represent my interests. But you all don't know me. I'm just another sailor passing through. Ok?"

- Anonymous Cannibal
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

Percy casts a nervous eye around the neighbourhood. this certainly wasnt what he was expecting and he doesnt fancy hanging around outside.

"oh tosh. lets get this over with" he says, walking into the hotel.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

The reverand mutters, "This is just the place that a commie would hang out in!"
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Luke puts a hand up to restrain the Marmount and the Reverend. "No. Wait with Bruno. The journalist will come soon enough. She will be expecting to meet you. But neither she nor the informant know me."

Bruno nods. "It is prudent that one man serves as scout. A back up if needed and Luke fits the description. You yourself said, Reverend, that Luke looks like a communist. Besides, Felix will need to get into position to block the exit."

Luke then moves to the restaurant and enters, paper folded under his arm. He looks over the area as if expecting to see a friend. Then he goes to the bar or lunch counter, takes a seat and orders coffee, opening his paper as if settling down to wait for a friend or passing time.

- Anonymous Cannibal
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"But how do we know she isnt already waiting inside? I'm sorry but I find this military operation faintly ridiculous, not to mention suspicous" says Percy, following Luke into the hotel and looking for the reception.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: they had agreed to meet in an hotel, so i will presume that Luke will go to the hotel.

The Benjamin hotel was in complete decay. It had an awful smell of urine; he could also see several cockroaches walking freely in the ground and walls; the paper in the walls was all green with fungus. At the entrance, in the counter a men was reading something, and only said (still reading):
-30 cents to rent a room. No breakfast.
An old man was in the stairs speaking alone.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Rev Peter walked in with Percy and looks around with appal.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"oh dear oh dear" whispers Percy to the Reverand. "This isn't right, this isnt right at all.."
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Bruno sighs as the reverend and the store owner enter the buildings. Were they not supposed to meet the journalist outside? A priest and a proper store owner in a hotel like this? Might as well have a rich debutante in a whore house! So much for being subtle.

Bruno lights up a smoke outside the hotel. and walks a bit down the street so he's not in front of the door and obvious. He's worried about these policeman. It doesn't take much to see that Arkham has a crime problem. Alcohol is flowing, prostitution. No doubt gambling and theft. And if crime attracts the dogs of society, eventually the biggest dog will seek to dominate it. Prostitution and alcohol mean organized crime. Its quite possible that the theft of the dagger and the disappearance of Miguel were both done by an organized gang.

Against such individuals the reverend and the Mr. Marmount stand little chance. Worse, if a gang is to survive such a place and make a profit, than he has to buy a source of information in the police department, if only to know when the police stand to move against it. Who is the cop the journalist is bringing to the party?

Bruno stays outside, but close enough that he can enter at the sound of trouble. He also keeps the bottle of booze. If the journalist shows up, he can give it to her. So he keeps his eye out for a woman journalist. Surely such a woman would be distinctive from the whores that work these streets.

Inside the hotel, Luke looks at the manager and drops the coins on the counter. "Just the night." He says, "Got coffee?"

The place is a shit hole, but then, its better than what he knew in Africa. At least here the cockroaches don't fly. He lights a smoke and, after lighting it, puts the fire to the nearest cockroach and listens to it crackle and burn. Blows out the fire and then smashes it with his fist.

He takes a seat that's close enough that he can hear what the old man is saying. When the Reverend and Marmount come in, he gives a slight shake of his head as if saying, such folk don't belong in such places. Hopefully the reverend and the merchant understand that they are not to pay Luke any attention.

To the manager, Luke asks, "What's available for work around these parts?"

- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Inside the hotel:
The old man is saying:
-She will bring me money and i can drink then. Yes, drink rum. No, better whisky. And those bastards inbreeds won't know a thing! ahah!
The manager:
-Don't have coffe, have to go to another place. If you want a job, go ask outside.

Outside the hotel:
Bruno sees outside a car stopping nearby. A couple is inside. She is young and pretty, the man is a bit older (35-40).
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"I say" says Percy, nudging the reverand. "that old boy must be the one we're here to meet. rather a squalid looking like type, although he suits the ambience I must say. i think we should wait for Miss Valentine and her bottle of liquor before we try and handle him"

Return to “Arkham”