Percy Marmont

Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Re: Percy Marmont

Post by kabukiman »

After some time 2 men appear. They have a tought look.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by welsh »

OC- Kabuki, Olsen would let Bruno take the lead on this as he's got the better people skills.

IC
Luke and Bruno are on the street outside the premises when Luke pauses and says to Bruno, "There's a good chance that this poor fellow is as much a victim as Miguel. Worse, if he knows something that the thugs who got Miguel were after, they could come back for him as well. Let's be careful here."

Bruno smiles. "Of course, Besides, it might be that Miguel brought this on himself."

"And there is little reason why Miguel's problems should affect our business." Says Olsen. "But we want our man back."

Olsen and Bruno approach the shop looking for anything unusual or signs of possible mischief.

When they enter the shop, Bruno takes the lead, with a smile. "Good day sir. My name is Bruno Kirby and this is my colleague, Luke Olsen. We are new to this town, in the vessel salvage and charter industry, but only passing through." Bruno's tone is calm and pleasant, reassuring. "However, we seem to have lost one of our crewmen and hope you can help us. One of the crew, Miguel, came here to sell a dagger that he won in a game of chance. We didn't think much of it, but apparently, someone else did. Now it seems that Miguel is missing and we've learned that you've been the victim of theft. We're hoping that you might help us recover our missing man, and perhaps together we can recover the stolen artifact."

As Bruno speaks, Olsen looks about the shop, trying to learn what kind of store this is, what is sold, with the hope that it might produce viable leads. Why was this dagger stolen? Why did they feel they should target Miguel?

"We understand that someone has robbed you? A trio of rather unpleasant individuals?" Asks Bruno. "Had you seen them before? Perhaps do you know where they came from?"

Bruno does his best to appraise the man he is speaking to for any signs of deceit or guile. Olsen tries to see if he can determine how the thieves broke into the shop.

"Please understand, we are only worried about our missing crewmen. We understand he has been abducted and we are concerned for his safety. Anything you can tell us that can help?"

Olsen looks over at Percy and smiles. "He is Portuguese and a stranger here. If mischief were to fall on him..." Olsen sighs, " I will have to make the arrangements with his family."
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

It's an antiquarian, you see lot's of old stuff. Who entered the shop, wasn't subtle: everything is in the floor, paintings, statues, books, furniture. A trio is inside, one man trying to make some semblance of order.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

oc-Bruno Kirby? Why not Billy Chrystal or Marlon Brando? :P
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by paradys »

percy is still at home! he hasnt gone back to the shop yet!
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

OC- Ah... Bruno. Loved that actor. Sorry I am a bit confused. You're home. Ok.

IC- Bruno knocks on the door to the house, and waits for an answer. Both Bruno and Olsen check out the premises to get a sense if anything is afoot.

"Nice house." Mutters Bruno.

"Aye. But it looks a bit like a shop to me." Says Olsen.

"You've been at sea to long." Replies Bruno. "You're not used to civilized living on land."

Olsen shrugs. "Civilized what happened to Miguel?"

Bruno nods. "Typical sailor. Comes ashore, makes a little money, spends it on whores and booze. In some places that's cause for trouble."

"Maybe, but not worth getting abducted for. I hope its nothin' more 'cause its murder." Olsen lets out a relaxed breath as he waits at the door. "I'd like to keep the bloodletting to a minimum. Bad for business."

"Don't want to be soiling our rep with corpses too soon now." Smiles Bruno.

Olsen shrugs. Business is business.

- Anonymous Cannibal
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

welsh wrote:"Nice house." Mutters Bruno.

"Aye. But it looks a bit like a shop to me." Says Olsen.

"You've been at sea to long." Replies Bruno. "You're not used to civilized living on land."
ooc: thats funny. didnt mean to be pedantic or anything, just thought i should point it out.

hearing the rap at the door Percy exchanges a quick nervous glance with the reverand. going into the hallway he once more puts the door on the chain before opening it and peering through the gap. the rough appearance of the two men waiting there is hardly reassuring.

"yes, can i help you?" he says suspicously.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: My mistake: i read that you had return to your shop, and not that you wanted to return. Anyway, the robber have made some damage in the house when they were looking for whateaver they were.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Bruno smiles, putting on his best Gallic charm, "Good day sir. My name is Bruno Kirby. This is my colleague, Luke Olsen."

Olsen nods and tries to smile a greeting. But its fairly obvious that his is a face not used to smiling.

Bruno continues. "We are new to this town, in the maritime salvage and charter business. We are sorry to disturb you. However, you have done some business with a colleague, something about a dagger. And now it seems our colleague has... disappeared. We are concerned for his safety. As one of our crew, he is our responsibility and... if anything were to happen, well.. his family."

Olsen continues to look about the shop, trying to get a feel for the place and to see if anything is amiss.

Bruno continues. "We are hoping we can share what information we have. We have heard that you have been victimized by these criminals, people who match the discription of those who took our crewman. We are sorry to hear of this. So, we are both victims of the same gang. Perhaps we can share information, to compare notes and perhaps we can better help the police."

- Anonymous Cannibal
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

The Reverand Peter Jones whisperes to Percy, " They have a bad look about them. Do not trust them!"
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

Percy is careful to keep the door on the chain. He peers out at the unsavoury pair from the hallway of his house.

"Well, all the information I have I already shared with the police. Perhaps you'd be better off talking to them?"
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Bruno sighs and looks to Olsen. Bruno might be a man used to dealing with people, someone who can read a man's motives and use language to make a sale. But Olsen is different, a man without patience for false pretenses.

Olsen looks at the antiquarian. "Our man, Miguel, won a dagger in a bet. He sold it to you to make a little money. Yet there are those here who knew of this sale and were willing to rob you for the dagger, and then they took Miguel to find out what he knew. But Miguel was just a poor mariner, a man who knew fish and engines and tides. But they took him. Why? Because they thought he knew something more."

Olsen has the hard look of a man who spends time outdoors and is used to hard living. He shakes his head. " And if they thought that he knew more, don't you think they will come back for you, a person who bought that dagger?"

Bruno mutters, "Just like they are likely to come for us, who sailed with him."

Olsen nods. "I understand your willingness to look to the police. And I have little doubt you have armed yourself. But if you trust your police, then perhaps you should ask yourself? Where are they? Is there a policeman protecting you? Is there a policeman outside your house? Have they offered you custody?"

Bruno agrees. "We are new to this town and we do not know the local policeman or the local gangs. But we know that at least one gang was brave enough to break into your shop and steal your goods. Just like it was strong enough enough to steal our man. Perhaps they are because they do not fear your police. There are gangs operating in your town, prostitutes, alcohol, and drugs. Where are the police?"

"If your police is as I expect," Continues Olsen, "They will considering it a break in. The description will be matched to locals. And if so, the criminals will be arrested, and we need not worry. But if they are from another town, than the police will do little but accept this as an unfortunate incident and hope you have insurance to cover your loss. In a few days, they will forget it."

"But those who robbed you may come back." Says Bruno. "Because they believe you have information of something they wish to keep secret. They have proven their ability to kidnap, and no one kidnaps who cannot murder."

Olsen considers this. "I own vessel, the MV Wolf Larsen , we do vessel salvage. We are new here. We are a crew of 4, divers and mariners. You have the description of the thieves and know that the description does not match us. We ask your help and can offer you protection and perhaps assist you in recovering what you have lost."

Olsen pauses, leaving his offer and his request open. If the man refuses, than Olsen has little choice but to continue the investigation.

- Anonymous Cannibal
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

Percy weighs up the mans words.

"The last thing I want is the dagger back believe me, if its going to cause so much trouble. And all this business about missing sailors...I don't know, it sounds very sinister and quite out of my depth. If they kidnapped your man..Miguel was it?..surely it was in order to find out where he obtained the dagger. I mean, i hope you find him and I'll give you whatever information I can that might help, but I'll have to refuse your offer of er.. protection. Getting involved in this ...dubious business of yours seems to me like the surest way of attracting the further attention of these villains

After all, if this gang wishes to keep secrets - and you seem to know an awful lot about them - the last thing they are going to do is kidnap a prominent townperson and launch a serious investigation. No matter what you think of our police, they still take federal matters rather seriously.."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

The phone rings.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"Oh dear, oh dear. Get that for me will you reverand?" calls Percy.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Peter picks up the phone, "Hello, How may I be of service?"
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Olsen nods. "Well, I understand your concern. But if you need our protection, we will be glad to offer it. Also, be sure, we will be discussing the matter with the police."

Bruno asks," Then what can you tell us about the dagger itself? Where you able to tell anything from the markings where it came from or why it might be valuable? Why did you purchase it? Also I understand that the three that robbed your store were rather... peculiar looking and smelled of fish. Perhaps that might be a clue of where they came from or if they are members of a particular gang or family. Do you have any thoughts of where they might have originated?"

Bruno looks to Olsen, who nods for him to go forward. "To be honest, we know little of the dagger. Miguel won it in a game of cards and his first intention was to sell it. Had he known it would cause trouble, I suspect he would have gotten rid of it sooner. But in any event, he never mentioned it to us. Did he tell you anything particular about the dagger when he sold it to you?"

- Anonymous Cannibal
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

Becoming slightly less guarded Percy replies

"No Miguel didn't say anything, he was just anxious for the transaction to be done with as quickly as possible. As for the decoration, it is highly unusual, unlike anything I've seen before, which is what convinced me to buy it. Unfortunately I was unable to get very far in my researches before the dagger was stolen. It occured to me I might be able to find out more at the local university, the Miskatonic. They have quite a unique library that specializes in such matters. And I must admit, a lingering curiosity about the matter may compel me to have a quick browse down there and see what i can unearth. Once I've cleaned up at the shop, of course.."
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Bruno listens to this adds. "It might be best if you draw what you recall from the dagger, perhaps a quick sketch that notes markings. The longer you delay, the quicker one forgets. However, a sketch might help refresh your recollections and could serve to help the university researchers."

Olson nods. "It wouldn't hurt. In any event, we had plans to go there as well, although my motives were more about business than finding a missing person. You don't recall anything peculiar about the thieves, or if thee men had tried to buy the dagger from you earlier?"

OCC- Kabuki- local folks would know "a peculiar look" like that of the thieves and might suggest that they come from a certain locality. Locals might either know or have an idea about the origins of these odd men.

- Anonymous Cannibal
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Unfortunely, Felix missed his fast talk roll. So it will take some time fo find other people who may inform them. And people from this respectable part of the city, don't know nothing of them. At least, immediatly ;) .

Return to “Arkham”