Percy Marmont

Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Re: Percy Marmont

Post by kabukiman »

Detective Harrigan and the other police accept to acompany Mr Percy to his house.
When you arrive, you can (in a small house in Curween Street W, nº 495) see that the door is hopened.
Mrs Tilly (72 years old and a very curious women...) is waiting outside (she lives next house).
-Ah! Mr Percy, I'm glad you have arrive, there are 3 strange fellows, who said that are working for you, and came looking for something you forgot. I have called the police, but they said that only Mr Percy could make the call.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That must be them!" says Alyssa excitedly, already taking out her notebook. "At least they don't appear to have damaged the place, and since she saw them, she can describe them for the police and tell us what time they were here. Once I put that information in my article and we get the paper out there, any of our readers who were in the area at the time and saw them will then know to report it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Mrs Tilly describe them gladly. They had ugly faces (must be chinese, with those big eyes), a strange colour in the skin, and they smell like fish.
Mr Percy notice that the dagger he bought is missing.
Alyssa have now all the information to get an extra still at the ending of the morning.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you very much," says Alyssa to Miss Tilly. She turns to Detective Harrigan and gives him a business card. "And thank you again as well. It was nice meeting all of you. Well, I'd better be off to the paper now. The sooner I get back, the sooner we can get these descriptions out there." She makes sure she gets a description of the dagger from Percy and shakes his hand. "I'll put that in the article too, so if anyone sees the dagger they'll recognize it. Please give me a call if you find out anything else. I hope they catch these guys. Goodbye." With that, she hurries back to the Arkham Advertiser to develop her photos and write her article.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by paradys »

exasperated, Percy goes into the house and makes a cup of tea. he tries to think of anything he can remember about the sailor who sold him the dagger. feeling slightly nervy he also retrieves his antique shotgun from its place in a locked cabinet and puts it out of sight beside his armchair.

smells like fish, he thinks. dirty buggers.
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

The man was a sailor, who is in Arkham for the first time. He was spanish or something like that. He said someone had pay it as a debt. He was surprised with your offered and accepted immediatly. Maybe his ship is still in the docks? Or you could investigate about the origin of the dagger?
OOC: Mr Handy, return to Alyssa thread.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

does Arkham have a dock? i thought it was inland.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

It has a dock in the river (the ships enter by the river to Arkham).
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

if the sailor told him the name of the ship he was on, Percy will phone the harbour authorities to see if it is still there.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

He didn't give the name of the ship.

Some timem latter you hear a boy shouting:
-Extra! Extra! Everything about the wave of robberies!
You buy a newspaper and read:

"EXTRA!
CRIMINALS STRIKE ARKHAM
LOCAL ANTIQUARIAN'S SHOP VANDALIZED, DAGGER STOLEN
by Alyssa Valentine

Unknown persons broke into and did extensive damage to the shop of local antiquarian Percy Marmont, 44 at 389 W. Armitage Street, where Detective Harrigan and Officer O'Neill of the Arkham Police were at the scene investigating. While nothing is known to have been taken from the store, the vandals are most likely the same three men who were seen entering the home of Mr. Marmont at 495 W. Curwen Street this morning, claiming that he had sent them to retrieve something he had forgotten. One of Mr. Marmont's neighbors described the men as strange, with discolored skin, ugly faces, big eyes, and the odor of fish. A curious dagger that Mr. Marmont had purchased recently from a Portuguese sailor and brought to his home was discovered to be missing. If you have any information on these men or the dagger, please contact Detective Harrigan at the Arkham Police Station promptly."
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

Well, maybe somebody out there does know something about this curious business thinks Percy, although right now he's not so sure he wants the dagger back. There was something curious about it having just been sold to him and then those fishy fellows breaking in especially to steal it. He shivers, thinking what might have happened if he'd still been at home.

He calls a locksmith to come and repair the damage to his front door and thinks about returning to the shop to clear up the mess. Still, he can't get the dagger out of his mind. He goes up to his study and looks for the notes he made last night about its appearance and possible origins.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Roll library search.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1639955

library use roll fails (but Percy must have at least written down a description of the dagger)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

You found a small description that it was an exotic dagger with aquatic decoration. To find more information, you will have to spend another hour, or go to the library of the Miscatonic university.

Someone is at your door.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

aquatic decoration, thinks Percy, that was it. certainly fits the fishy theme.

he goes downstairs and reassures himself that the shotgun is still behind the chair. then he goes to the door and makes sure the chain is on before calling out;

"yes? who is it please?"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

"It is the Rev. Peter Jones come to pray with my flock. Will you let me in?
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"oh yes, of course reverand, its a relief to see you. after the morning I've had, a bit of prayer might not go amiss!"

Percy takes the door off the chain and ushers the reverand in.

"I suppose you heard about the break in?" he says.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"yes I did and i cannot help but say i am so sorry. Can the church do anything for you? Can I help in any way?
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"Not really" says Percy. "It seems the culprits were after a specific item, which they managed to get hold of. So, the robbery won't cause me any financial hardship and I don't expect them back. Still, its irksome, sets ones nerves on edge you know?

Anyway, sit down reverend. I have a pot of tea on the boil, a rather delicate lap su chong if that tickles your fancy. How are things at the vicarage?"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Well you know we have money troubles. Roof is leaking and all. But the good Captain will help pay for that. The church is old. My father wanted to tear it down and build another one but it has been in this town since 1820 so I convinced him otherwise. Thanks for the tea and snack."

Return to “Arkham”