OOC talk : Horror on the Orient Express

"Investigators embark upon the legendary Orient Express to enjoy what they hope will be a romantic and luxurious journey over Europe. But the trip gradually turns into a nightmare, as evil lurks hiding somewhere..."

Moderator: G-Returner

Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Re: OOC talk : Horror on the Orient Express

Post by Howerd Phillips »

Works for me. The floor in the warehouse looks..fragile..enough for two others to slip away into the dark forever lost...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I just realized that I left the Colleges and Degrees section blank in my character sheet by mistake, but Felicity would have at least the equivalent of a Master's Degree with her high EDU and upbringing. I'm not sure which institutions would have been coed in the late 1910s/early 1920s, however, but Oxford would be my first choice. They probably accepted female grad students even if undergrads were still only male. Her degrees would be in English literature.

Oya's character sheet still shows a Know of 30, but it should be 45 with her EDU of 9. Also, the year of her birth plus her age doesn't match with when the game takes place (January 1923).

It's possible that our characters have all seen each other on the train between Milan and Venice and perhaps even met, though I'd like to roleplay our meeting and integration into the group in the game. However, it would make sense for Felicity and Oya to have met each other on the train and become friends; they may have been assigned to share the same compartment. I can see Felicity taking Oya under her wing and showing her the sights of Venice.

I don't think we have a good reason to be at the toy factory, but I have a better idea if you don't mind running two threads in parallel for a little while. We could also have met Maria on the train and befriended her. We could have been at her father's funeral and then gone back to her place with her, which is where we'd be right now. Then we could help her with her problem with Rossini. Our groups would be separate at first, but there's a good chance we'd cross paths. Even if we didn't, we'd all be on the same train from Venice to Trieste and could meet then.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by Laine »

Actually, I don't find the racial, cultural and political differences to take away from my character at all, but rather it adds more depth to her situation. I am no stranger to navigating such situations....

Anyway, I like Mr.Handy's idea of a short introductry thread for our two characters that is seperate from the main group.
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by G-Returner »

That is also a good idea; it is settled then, I will now create the new threads and we will start playing :)

The sheets have been corrected. You will also want to decide on the equipment you are carrying.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Felicity's luggage consists of multiple steamer trunks (she's depending on porters and such to move them for her). She does not travel light to say the least. Her luggage contains:
  • A very extensive wardrobe, containing a variety of clothing, including fancy dresses, everyday but still expensive and lovely outfits (she even has trousers, which she has been known to wear - gasp!), several pairs of shoes, stylish yet functional boots, bathing suits, underwear, night clothes, multiple hats, and so on. In short, she has something for every occasion. She also has various pieces of valuable jewelry.
  • A 12-gauge double barrel shotgun (for hunting) with multiple boxes of shells, in its own carrying case
  • Numerous books, mostly literature. She's currently reading Ulysses by James Joyce, which she bought in Paris. The book is banned in the UK, but she hopes to smuggle it back in when she returns by disguising it with another book's dust jacket and keeping it mixed in with her other books. She also has travel guides for the various cities she has visited and will be visiting along the Orient Express route.
  • Toiletries and cosmetics, including a straight razor
  • Pens, ink, and plenty of writing paper
  • Bottles of expensive wine, champagne, and liquor
  • Traveller's cheques
  • Camera and lots of film
  • First aid kit
  • Sewing kit
Felicity carries on her person a purse containing cosmetics (including a compact with a mirror), an ivory cigarette holder, cigarettes, and a lighter, plenty of spending money, local maps, and her passport. She is currently wearing a black dress and a black hat with a veil, along with some of her jewelry (this is what she wore to Maria's father's funeral).

EDIT: I added a first aid kit and sewing kit to my luggage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by G-Returner »

I am having connection troubles at home (I'm posting from elsewhere right now). Thankfully it should be fixed sometime tomorrow.
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by G-Returner »

I'm going away for the weekend, I'll be back on monday evening.

Have a good day!
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Heya ...

just putting a little something in here so it starts showing up when I "View Your Posts"... ;)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

I'm very sorry for not having post this days, but I have been sick and not able to go to the computer. I'm near recovered now, and I can post again.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Heading out to California for some work - not sure how it will effect my gaming. But feel free to NPC me if necessary.
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by G-Returner »

I would like both groups to be travelling together and both be looking for the Simulacrum by the time you reach Trieste. Otherwise, there won't be much of interest to do in Trieste for the group who doesn't know about the Simulacrum, nor will there be any good reason for you to stick together. This can be done any way you wish, I am open to your ideas.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Well, Luigi can try to "conquer" Mr handy character, drink too much and tell everything by boasting. Howard can be delirious when in the presence of the other chars and tell also everything.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

That sounds like a good possibility. Felicity's sense of adventure would be enough for her to join up with the other group. We also have Maria and Giorgio in common, and that could come up in conversation.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple

Or Felicity knew the Professor, this comes up on a conversation which spurs relaying why we are here.
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by G-Returner »

That seems like a good option, it would establish a common acquaintance and a sense of trust among the characters. Professor Smith knows a lot of people, and through the newspapers Felicity is probably aware of his disappearance in the fire that destroyed his house.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

John is likely to be wanting to take a peek in those bags to find out what's so valuable in it... which might lead to something. Not sure if he'll be able to find his way to the baggage cart, but he'll try most likely.
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by G-Returner »

The fourgon is guarded 24/7 by the staff of the Orient Express and no one is permitted inside during the journey (not even to take their own bags). John presumably already knows this. If he wants to have a peek inside, his best bet is to give it a try before the bags are taken in. In that case, be aware a successful Sneak roll will be needed to avoid being noticed.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Stuck at work... Could you make the roll on my behalf please?
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

This won't be good... With our characters so paranoid I hope John has an EXCELENT excuse.
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple

(And that isn't even from losing SAN...)

Return to “Horror On The Orient Express”