OOC talk : Horror on the Orient Express

"Investigators embark upon the legendary Orient Express to enjoy what they hope will be a romantic and luxurious journey over Europe. But the trip gradually turns into a nightmare, as evil lurks hiding somewhere..."

Moderator: G-Returner

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: OOC talk : Horror on the Orient Express

Post by kabukiman »

Still here
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Me too. Suppose I should say something in character, although it's way outside of his normal comfort zone. Wasn't sure what he might say.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm still here too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by G-Returner »

Sorry for the absence, I have been ill.

I'm ready to continue.
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by Howerd Phillips »

All OK?
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

I'm very sorry, but for the next 2 weeks, I won't be able to post, I'm absolutely full of work. I'l resume as soon as possible.
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by G-Returner »

I'm sorry, all is fine but I am up to my waist in work and always come back home exhausted at the moment... I'll resume asap.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

I may be without power for a few days after this hurricane is through beating the snot out of our area... Sunday night or Monday morning. They say to expect for 3 days without power. If that happens, please feel free to NPC me as necessary.
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple

Ditto...worst storm in 100 years? Let's hope not...
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Some of ya'll who don't know me don't realize how much of a conspiracy theorist I am. :) Let me clear things up for you.

Even if this wasn't 'the worst storm in 100 years', to bring up the hype that it is causes better news ratings, which means more revenue, and also helps stimulate the economy believe it or not. We are completely out of generators probably within a 500 mile radius of this storm. Plywood sales - up. Water, batteries, flashlights, toilet paper... the people emptied the shelves around here. It is in their best interest to scare the bejeezus out of everyone, and they had several days to do it.

Now, they are making big deals on the news about just what you'd expect from a hurricane. "Look at this dock... completely submerged by the raising waters!" "Oh my... it's eating away at the beach!" No shit... it's a hurricane. That's what they do.

They've called a state of emergency, and I can't figure out if it is because the government has simply bought the hype, or if they're part of the conspiracy. If you think about it, they claim a disaster, that means millions of tax-payer dollars refocused to 'rebuild' ... even if there's only a few hundred-thousand dollars worth of damage.

It's only a category 1 hurricane. People in Florida still go to the beach on days like today... although it's much warmer for them. But they're urging us at 10-minute intervals to 'hunker down', and don't brave the roads ... that "PEOPLE WILL DIE". Yeah... no matter what that'll be a true statement. People die every day.

It's just rediculous, if you ask me. But then again, there are a lot of stupid people on the East Coast, maybe this sense of dread is going to help keep them from being stupid? Who knows...
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple

Not sure if the East Coast has more stupid people than elsewhere..a debate for another time perhaps?

I did lose power at 2:00 p.m. this afternoon. Now on a generator. Winds are supposed to be the roughest tonight. As for conspiracies, I'm pretty sure they just turned off my power just for fun...
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Bah... so what... you lost power. Even if you lost power for a few days, it's not the end of times. Raid your fridge and eat up anything that will go bad in a day or two first. Restock after power comes back. Not like it's the middle of winter in sub-zero temperatures... or the middle of summer during a heat wave. This is probably the best time of the year to be without power.

I was out of power for a few hours last night... they restored power while the eye of the hurricane flew over my house. Want to see all the devestating damage? http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 387&type=3
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple

Power is now back. Not quite six days (a little different than your few hours). What did I miss?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Nothing has happened in over a month. We're still waiting for our Keeper (and Kabukiman) to return.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple