IC: Oya and Felicity (CH5)

"Investigators embark upon the legendary Orient Express to enjoy what they hope will be a romantic and luxurious journey over Europe. But the trip gradually turns into a nightmare, as evil lurks hiding somewhere..."

Moderator: G-Returner

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Re: IC: Oya and Felicity (CH5)

Post by ImpInTraining »

John nodded, "And by the looks of them, they came well prepared. I suppose you have to be generally wealthy if you can afford a leisurely trip on the Orient Express." He was eyeing the other passengers, taking mental note of their luxury items.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, indeed," says Felicity. "Tickets on the Orient Express are rather expensive. Then there's other costs of going on holiday: hotels, shopping, meals...I'm grateful that my family is wealthy, or I'd never be able to afford this."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by G-Returner »

(You can decide whether you have stopped to eat something or not (in which case, nothing of note happened during dinner))

Eventually, the man with a bow tie leaves the overweight older lady and moves towards you.

"Greetings" he says in English, "My name is Ronald Lakeby, I am waiting for the Orient Express, like you I presume? It seems we have arrived early!"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

John nodded to the man and said, "How do you do? I am John Torrence ... and this is..." he swept an arm toward Felicity - then realized, "We hadn't even exchanged names. I'm sorry, so rude of me. It was almost like we had known each other for years already."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Felicity Hayward," says Felicity with a smile. She offers her hand. "A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Lakeby. Yes, we're riding on the Orient Express as well. We are a bit early, but it's better to be early than to be late."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by G-Returner »

"Certainly! And nice to meet you as well." Ronald replies, kissing Felicity's hand. He has charm and seems knowledgeable on several subjects.

"Where are you headed? I myself want to visit Trieste." he says. "By the way, that's a lovely dress you are wearing."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

John lifted an eyebrow as he got the jist of what was happening. This chap was cutting in on his dance card. He frowned and glanced over at the portly lady that he left behind. "Say Ronald, did you bring your mother, perhaps?" He looked over to Ronald. "I couldn't help but notice you were just over there speaking with the lady with the cat a moment ago."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Felicity watches with amusement as the two men compete for her attention. "Why, thank you," she says. "I'm on my way to Trieste next as well."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by G-Returner »

"Oh, no, I was just making acquaintance with Mrs Bramwell to pass time." Ronald replies. "But I have just found someone a lot more interesting, I believe." he says with a discreet wink for Felicity. "I'd avoid her cats if I were you, they do not seem to like strangers. The absence of a wedding ring indicates you are not married, correct? Forgive my bluntness, but it is not often that you can meet such a charming, unattached woman. Most unusual."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

John straightened and said, "Hey, see here... she might not have a ring, but I did just walk to the train station with her. You're getting too presumptuous for your own good, fella." He went in and grabbed the man by the lapels to show him he meant business (and to check for the man's wallet on his inside jacket pocket).
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by G-Returner »

"Ha ha! Don't you worry, I don't mean to intrude if there is something going between the two of you, I just know beauty when I see it." Ronald says charmingly, yet looking at Felicity to see whether she will approve of John's intervention or not.

(Ronald's wallet is nowhere to be seen - the man appears to be cautious)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Gentlemen, please," says Felicity in a calming tone, realizing this may have gone too far. "There's no need to fight. I am indeed unattached, as it happens. I am also not attached to either of you, as I've only just met the two of you. If something develops in future, then it does, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. In the meantime, I can be friends with both of you, so long as you can be friends with each other."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

John released Ronald and straightened his own suit. He glanced to Felicity, "Yeah... ok. Good thing we're not in Atlanta though. I believe things would be different there." He shot a daring glare to Ronald and then looked to the rest of the people waiting for the train.
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by G-Returner »

"I hope to see you again during the journey. Perhaps for a drink in the salon car, once you are no longer chaperoned?" Ronald says with a smile, before slightly bowing and excusing himself.

A smartly dressed man who appears to be in his 30s shows up at the station. He is carrying several large bags and seems to be panting, as though he came here in a big hurry. (This is Howard)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Perhaps," says Felicity as Ronald leaves, "and I have no chaperone. I didn't bring one with me on holiday, and I'm not about to have one now. A chaperone wouldn't let me have any fun," she adds, with a hint of mischief in her voice.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

John wasn't sure what to make of this Ronald fellow. He had guts. John was rather stocky and clearly could handle himself in a fight, and yet here Ronald came out of the blue and pretty much stepped in between John and Felicity. Rude, sure... he imagined all them rich type were used to getting what they wanted.

He looked to Felicity after Ronald left and said, "Sorry about that, doll. Guys like that just ruffle my feathers, always thinking they can just barge in and take whatever they want. I had to step up, any real man would. It's a man thing. Probably been going on since the caveman days. Naturally, I didn't mean to insinuate that I'm laying claim on you."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Quite all right," says Felicity. "I know the type, and I've met worse."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Howerd Phillips »

G-Returner wrote:A smartly dressed man who appears to be in his 30s shows up at the station. He is carrying several large bags and seems to be panting, as though he came here in a big hurry. (This is Howard)
Howard shows a sign of relief making it undisturbed to the train station. His exertion is multiplied by his labored breathing from several broken ribs. 'Those will take weeks to heal,' he thinks to himself. He looks for Luigi on the platform and waiting area.
Spoiler:
Does he have tickets already? Seat assignments with Luigi? When will the train start to board.
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by G-Returner »

Tickets still need to be purchased but that is a mere formality.

Seats are assigned depending on how crowded the train is - it is not always possible to choose who you're sharing your berth with.

The train is expected in a couple of hours.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Always alert on the people of his surroundings, John says, "That fellow over there looks like he's hurting. The way he's holding his side, the look of pain clearly around his eyes. I wonder if he needs any help?"

Return to “Horror On The Orient Express”