Page 1 of 1

IC: Oya and Felicity (CH5)

Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:35 pm
by G-Returner
Maria's house
1:00am - Sunday January 21st, 1923

Oya leaves the room with Maria. Maria is nervous and moves cautiously, but does her best to appear casual.

Understanding you are leaving, the two blackshirts who had stayed outside the room go with you to the stairway and watch you going downstairs.

They do not come with you, but you see that the blackshirt who had opened the entrance door is still in the courtyard waiting for you. He knows you do not speak Italian and does not attempt to make conversation, but instead follows you as you head for the exit.

You can still hear the sound of several men talking and laughing in a nearby room on the ground floor. Everything seems to go smoothly - if the blackshirts have noticed anything odd about Maria's disguise, they are not showing it.

However, as you near the exit, you hear the door opening, and you see Rossini appear, accompanied by an old priest! He looks surprised to see you.

"Luca? Chi è questo?" Rossini says, as the priest stands there passively.

"Una amica e la sua domestica. Stavano visitando appena, stanno andando ora." the blackshirt replies.

Rossini then attempts to speak Italian with you. You do not understand it; Maria does but, of course, since she is supposed to be Felicity, she similarly pretends not to understand.

Rossini then switches to English. "Who are you and what are you doing here at this time? This is not a time for a visit."

Maria speaks English very well, but you know she can't possibly answer - Rossini would recognize her voice immediately.

Re: IC: Oya (CH5)

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:35 am
by ImpInTraining
Oya steps forward, putting herself between Rossini and Maria. "Pleasant evening, sirs. My lady Felicity here," she motions with a wave of her had toward the veiled woman behind her, "has just had a visit with your bride, Maria. We have come to wish you well in your relationship. Isn't that right, madam?" She looked to Maria, and before Maria could utter a syllable, Oya continued with the explanation, "We don't wish to hold you up. No. May Allah - or ..." she looked at the priest and corrected with a polite nod to the priest, "... God bless your marriage with happiness and bebekler... er..." she struggles for the word... "Babies?" She looked to Maria for confirmation, and when the veiled woman nodded, she turned back to Rossini with a beaming smile, "Babies. Many babies."

She waved to the gondola that had just brought the two men to the island and says, "Please... ride?" She was very glad there was a way off the island so readily at hand.

Oya grabbed Maria's hand and urged her toward the water... "We keep you no more. Hoscakal." she flourished a slight bow to the man and then tried to make her way to where the gondola wait for them.

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:00 am
by G-Returner
Rossini does not even bother to try and seem interested.

"Prenda queste scorie dalla mia vista. Non dovreste permetterli di entrare." he tells his henchman.

"Out." he then adds, motioning for the door.

As you walk past him, you notice a strange bulge in his flab, under his shirt: it looks like a gun.
Spoiler:
Successful Fast Talk roll. Successful Spot Hidden roll.
With relief, you leave the house without being stopped by anybody, and the door slams behind you.

However, you are disappointed to see a government motor launch there, with a blackshirt driver still at the wheel; Rossini used his own means of transportation, rather than a gondola. The driver stares at you. In the meantime, Rossini's voice is fading, as he is moving further inside the house. You know it might take a long while to spot a gondola at this time in this residential area.

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:27 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Bummer... ok. So Oya looks around quickly for a gondola floating by. If she doesn't find one, can she walk around to the other side of the house? I saw two docks on the map.

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:06 pm
by G-Returner
You see no gondolas in the area right now. One is bound to pass by at some point, but when? (OOC: If you decide to try and wait it out, I would determine this at random) There is indeed a back entrance to the house, but it similarly can only be accessed by boat, there is no sidewalk between the two entrances.

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:34 pm
by ImpInTraining
Oya frowned... not spying any gondolas flowing past. She looked to the black shirt in the boat before them. "Speak English?" she questioned as she occasionally glanced out to see if any gondolas drifted into view.

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:10 am
by G-Returner
The man initially just stares at you, then eventually shakes his head.

Maria shrugs nervously.

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:11 pm
by ImpInTraining
Oya squeezes Maria's hand reassuringly and moves her away from the boat as she continues to look for gondolas. She turns her head to see if Giorgio was still where they left him.

Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:59 pm
by G-Returner
You look around and see that Giorgio is indeed still there, waiting not so discreetly. He stares intensely in your direction.

Meanwhile, the boat driver is also looking at you. He doesn't seem to be intent on moving for the time being.

Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:03 pm
by ImpInTraining
Oya continues to wait and watch for a gondola to come along. The only alternative, it would seem, would be to swim for it.

Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:17 pm
by G-Returner
You wait nervously, hoping to see a gondola sail by... The blackshirt is still observing you. Maria is shaking a little, but she does not dare say anything.

(I am keeping you in sync with Felicity, so replies may be delayed; I will tell you as soon as either a gondola sails by or if something of note happens.)

Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:10 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Oh... you poor thing," Oya says putting her arm around Maria. "My lady is chilled due to this damp air."

She looks over at the black shirt with pleading eyes and points to him, then to herself and Maria, and then to the opposite side of the water as if to charade "you take us across?" She doesn't expect him to comply, but perhaps guilt of leaving two women to bear the merciless elements will keep him from staring at them.

Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:15 pm
by G-Returner
"No. Sto aspettando qualcuno." the blackshirt replies unsympathetically.

Maria seems even more worried after this reply.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:27 pm
by G-Returner
You faintly hear a commotion from inside the house. People are shouting.

Still no gondola in sight.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:51 pm
by ImpInTraining
Oya looked back toward the house, frowning. She looked at the black shirt with a lifted eyebrow. If he got curious and went to the house to see what the deal was, she might be able to take the boat and pilot away. Of course, she didn't have the first clue about how to operate a boat.

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:03 am
by G-Returner
You now hear the sound of several people running down a stairway, while the shouting continues.

The blackshirt in the boat has shifted his attention to the mayhem from inside the house, but he is not moving.

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:17 pm
by ImpInTraining
Oya shrugged indifferently and looked for a gondola.
ooc,Was hoping she was carrying a gun or something, but apparently equipment was never selected for her. :P Think I'm screwed.

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:55 am
by G-Returner
Spoiler:
Indeed, Laine never ended up submitting an equipment list. Given Oya's background and char sheet (poverty, no knowledge of guns, she has only just escaped from her Milanese captors...) I would find it a stretch if she owned a gun right now. However I can allow you to select a plausible equipment list now if you wish; a knife or something like that would be ok. I'll wait for your input on this before continuing.

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:36 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,She's a dancer by trade. I would expect she would keep a knife on her to protect herself from men who let the spirits of drink influence their actions and attempt to take advantage of her. She wouldn't have to use it, just place it close to their genitals to get the point across (no pun intended). A purse, some toiletries, a change of clothing or two back at the hotel... I think that's reasonable. She's good at disguise and has used it in this game, so maybe a disguise kit - again... back at the hotel. I can't really think of anything else that would she would be likely to have on her. She keeps her knife hidden a small folding knife, not in her purse, but tucked in her underwear somewhere.

Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:57 am
by G-Returner
Spoiler:
That is fine. You can go on.

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:57 am
by ImpInTraining
Oya tries to ask the Black Shirt to call for a gondola but the words escaped her.

She shivered a second and rubbed her arm, warding off the chill of the damp air as she continued to look out for a gondola - looking a bit agitated. She wondered to herself why they hadn't told the gondola man to stay put for them.

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:53 pm
by G-Returner
The hubbub gets steadily closer... until the front door eventually swings open!

Rossini is there, with five of his henchmen. Further down the hallway, you catch a glimpse of Felicity, who is accompanied by the priest.

Upon seeing that you and the veiled woman are still there, Rossini shouts, caught by surprise.

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"Get onto the boat!" Felicity calls to Oya and Maria in English as she guides the priest towards the motor launch, disappointed that they hadn't had a chance to get away yet. She switches to French. "Father, the four of us will leave on the boat. You'll need to convince the blackshirt there to take us. Make him more afraid of God than he is of the captain."

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:21 pm
by ImpInTraining
Oya leads Maria toward the boat hastily. She glances over her shoulder at Giorgio and waves him over.

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:08 am
by G-Returner
The boat driver shouts angrily and pushes you away as you attempt to board his boat.

"You..." Rossini mutters angrily while eyeing Felicity and Oya, "You leave with our boat now."

He then speaks in Italian to the priest and you understand he wants the priest to come with you as well.

"But YOU..." he says, pointing at Maria, "You stay here."

Rossini then produces a gun from his pocket and points it towards your group.

The priest is outraged and argues vehemently with Rossini, but it seems his lust is bigger than his fear of God right now. The other blackshirts are still in the hallway in front of the entrance, observing the scene. Maria is still by your side, shaking with fear.

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:14 pm
by ImpInTraining
Oya didn't have anything to counter-threaten a gun pointing at her, so she oblidged, giving the blackshirt on the boat a mean sneer as she boarded.

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:31 am
by Mr. Handy

"Can you swim?" whispers Felicity to Maria in English.

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:20 am
by G-Returner
"A little bit, I guess." Maria whispers, clutching Felicity's arm.

"Hey you! Are you deaf?" Rossini asks. "You leave now... If you make problems I will be dealing with you in an entirely different manner."

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:24 am
by Mr. Handy

"Good enough," Felicity whispers back. She is a good swimmer, and she is sure she can help Maria if she has trouble. "Hold your breath." She raises her voice. "All right, I'm leaving now." Hoping that Rossini won't shoot at her if she's so close to Maria, and that the darkness will make it hard to aim even if he does, Felicity clasps her hand, takes a deep breath, and jumps into the canal with her!

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:22 am
by G-Returner
Oya boards the boat.

With a big splash, Felicity suddenly dives into the canal, taking Maria along with her.

Felicity is immediately overwhelmed by the freezing cold of the water. It is so icy it makes you want to scream, and you know you won't be able to stay there for long. You lose -1 hit point.
Spoiler:
Failed CONx5 roll
The water is also as obnoxious looking (and smelling) as ever, and you can't help but remember the tales you've heard in the city of people who have caught rare diseases after being in direct contact it. You lose -1 sanity point
Spoiler:
Failed Sanity roll
Maria is clutching to you, and you must make an extra effort to be able to swim in this terrible water while at the same time making sure she can keep up with you. Thankfully, your swimming experience pays off, and you manage to stay close to Maria at all times. Rossini curses and doesn't shoot, probably scared that he could hit Maria.
Spoiler:
Successful Swimming roll
"Qui! Qui!" you hear Giorgio's voice calling from a distance, encouraging you to join him at his hiding place. Revealing himself at this point was probably not a good idea, but you know Giorgio is unfortunately very hotheaded. Upon seeing him, Rossini loses all sense of restraint and points his gun at him from afar. You hear a loud detonation as he shoots. Thankfully, due to the distance between the two of them and the lack of proper lighting, he misses and the bullet hits a wall. Giorgio then takes cover.

On the porch of Maria's house, the blackshirts stand there watching, unsure of what to do without instructions from their leader. The priest is muttering prayers. Oya is now sitting at the back of the motor launch. The driver is passively observing the scene for now, like the other blackshirts.

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:17 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I think you misunderstood where [b]Giorgio[/b] is positioned. He's not with us at the house, but is positioned nearby outside another house. The only way to get there is via the canal, and he's some distance away. He's behind cover now, so the blackshirts can't get at him.

Felicity guides Maria towards Giorgio's hiding place, swimming as quickly as she can with broad, determined strokes. She had been planning to head there anyway, and she wishes he hadn't shown himself, but it's too late now. She endures the stench and awful feeling of the canal and focuses on getting where she's going and getting herself and Maria out of it as fast as possible, taking special care not to let any water get in her mouth or Maria's.

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:48 am
by G-Returner
Spoiler:
Imp: Indeed, Giorgio is nearby another house. I don't want you to waste your action for this turn so I'll wait for you to change it before proceeding.

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:41 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,then she does nothing. Incidentally - if she dies in the course of this adventure, I won't be too heartbroken. It's a terrible character roll-up. The only thing she's rather good at is Disguise and Fast Talk - provided she can speak the language at all. But I'm still with ya.
Oya watches the girls jump in the water and tilts her head. She considered jumping in after, but she was no swimmer. And damn, it was cold. She'd die of hypothermia before she drown to death. So she just acted disinterested in what the ladies were doing, just shaking her head at the 'disobedient and troublesome women'. She needed to distance herself from them if she didn't want to end up being a hostage.

Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:03 pm
by G-Returner
Rossini boards the motor launch at the front, oblivious to the fact (or uncaring) that Oya is sitting in the back seat. He shouts instructions to the driver and the three of them depart, going after Maria and Felicity, while the other blackshirts and the priest remain at Maria's house.

Meanwhile, Giorgio helps Maria and Felicity get out of the water. After sharing a brief kiss with Maria, he offers you to follow him. "Come! Come!" he says, taking Maria with him as he starts running along a narrow sidewalk. You don't know whether he has a plan or if he is running away because he can't think of anything else.

In the boat, Rossini shouts angrily and gets up from his seat, readying his gun again... The boat is rather fast and is probably going to quickly catch up with the escapees.
Spoiler:
Imp: Since Oya hasn't even participated in the main storyline yet, it will be really easy to replace her with another character, if you want to create another.

Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:45 pm
by Mr. Handy

Felicity hastens after Giorgio, sticking close to him and Maria, knowing that Rossini will hold his fire rather than risk shooting her. "Do you have a boat or a gondola nearby?" she asks. "We'll need one to get anywhere."

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:19 am
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Kind of figured as much. But might as well not let Oya's life be in vain.
Oya prepares herself to interrupt Rossini's attack should he feel the need to open fire. Until that point, she remains quiet and tries to keep out of his line of sight. Should Felicity and Maria manage to escape harm and capture, she will simply try to blend into the shadows and head a different direction.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:26 pm
by G-Returner
"I don't know!" Giorgio says as he keeps running. "Maybe we come across a street too narrow for the boat, si?"

And indeed, you are lucky, because you quickly reach one of those typical extra narrow Venetian streets, the kind where you barely have enough space to open an umbrella. The boat cannot go there, although of course it can go around it through other streets, but this buys you some time.
Spoiler:
Successful Luck roll
But your troubles are not over yet... At first you can only hear the sound of your wet and hurried footsteps, but soon enough you can hear a group of people nearby. There was quite a lot of suspicious noise earlier, with the gunfire and the frantic boat driving in the middle of the night, and it seems to have attracted the attention of a punitive Venetian mob. As soon as you emerge from the narrow street, you find yourself approaching a group of seven jumpy citizens, apparently clinging together for self-defense. Some of them are holding wooden clubs.

The ring leader, a man in his mid-30s, starts yelling in Italian.

"Oh no," Giorgio says, "he thinks we are the crazed murderer who kills people at night, si?"

The mob is not yet on you - you could attempt to hide, attempt to run faster than them, or attempt to have Giorgio talk to them to defuse their aggressivity.

Meanwhile, Rossini starts swearing as his boat needs to take a detour. As the blackshirt starts driving around to find an alternate route, Rossini suddenly seems to remember that he has a passenger, and he turns to glare coldly at Oya.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:59 pm
by ImpInTraining
Oya says, "Oh... just drop me off anywhere... that's fine." She remains calm and tries to seem disinterested in the whole thing.

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"I don't see how they can think women are responsible for these murders," says Felicity, indicating herself and Maria, "but if we flee, they may assume we're guilty. But I have an idea that could kill two birds with one stone. We try to convince them that we're running from the murderer - and it's Rossini! We tell them that he's able to get away with the murders because of his connections. Our fear of him is genuine for all to see, and if he happens by, we could turn the mob against him. If he acts true to form and starts threatening or shooting at people, he'll make our case for us. I don't speak Italian, but I can help if you translate a few words for me that I can shout, and I can still gesture. Maria can assist too. She's a prominent citizen."
OOC,I'm hoping I can still bring my own Fast Talk skill to bear if I point in the direction we came from and shout "Asesino!" (Italian for murderer, I believe) repeatedly.

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:08 am
by G-Returner
Spoiler:
You need to speak the language to be able to use Fast Talk or other language related skills. Giorgio or Maria can do this but I will use their own Fast Talk skill. Neither of them has struck you as being more talented than the average person in this field. Do you still want to do this?

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:53 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,What if [b]Giorgio[/b] or [b]Maria[/b] translates a single line for me into Italian? Something along the lines of "Help! The murderer is chasing us!" If I parrot the line and combine it with gestures and facial expressions, could I use Fast Talk then?

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:26 am
by G-Returner
Spoiler:
Sorry, no. Fast Talk notably demands that you are able to react to what they may respond, so you need to be able to have a conversation, even if it's a short one.

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:40 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Then let's just shout it as we keep running without waiting for a response. It's a perfectly reasonable thing for someone being chased by a killer to do. Of course, angry mobs aren't known for listening to reason.

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:05 pm
by G-Returner
Rossini angrily grabs Oya and lifts her up (with some effort: you realise he isn't particularly strong).

"If I ever see you again in Venice," he says, "the next time I do this you will have a stone tied to your feet."

He then pushes Oya into the freezing water, creating a big splash. The boat drives away, still chasing Maria's group.

Oya is immediately overwhelmed by the icy cold of the water. You lose -1 hit point.
Spoiler:
Failed CONx5 roll
The water smells and looks obnoxious, but thankfully Oya's mind is as strong as ever, and she keeps her cool.
Spoiler:
Successful Sanity roll
Even though her swimming talents are ordinary, they save her from possibly drowning here, and she manages to swim to the nearest sidewalk. Rossini's boat is far away now.
Spoiler:
Successful Swimming roll
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further ahead, Felicity and her group run away from the mob as fast as they can, while they attempt to reason with their pursuers, to no avail.

The mob is fast and aggressive, and only the faster Giorgio manages to get past them unharmed. Felicity and Maria are caught in a torrent of elbows and knees, and they receive several bruises and cuts.
Spoiler:
Failed Fast Talk roll for Giorgio/Maria
Opposed DEX rolls against the mob's DEX: failure for Felicity and Maria, success for Giorgio
Maria quickly ceases to resist and, after being roughened up for a bit, she is tossed into the nearby canal as the mob looks on for another victim.

Felicity, roughened up in a similar fashion, loses -2 hit points. Unless you wish to resist it, you will now be dismissively tossed into the canal like Maria.

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:22 pm
by ImpInTraining
Oya gets to dry land, spits, and then stands shaking her fist at the departing boat, "It is no wonder she does not want you for her husband!"

She grabs up her wet dress and storms off, muttering all the while... "Bu özür dileriz oğlu doğurgan dişiyi ortadan kaldırmak veya öldürmek. 'Nin istediği şekilde bir çakal. Umarım, tekne yaylar bir kaçak, ve üzerinden altına onu."

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:07 am
by Mr. Handy

Felicity takes a deep breath and allows the mob to throw her into the canal. She's survived it once before, and Maria may very well need her help. If she fought them, they'd only beat her worse and toss her in anyway.

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:35 pm
by G-Returner
The mob pushes Felicity into the canal. She was still feeling frozen due to the earlier dive, so the shock is not as strong this time.

However, the violence with which she was thrown in makes her struggle to swim properly to the surface. She thankfully manages to hold her breath long enough to regain her composure and swim to the nearest sidewalk.
Spoiler:
Failed Swimming roll
Successful CONx10 roll
Successful Swimming roll
As she emerges, she sees Giorgio helping Maria get out of the canal as well. The mob is moving away, having apparently decided that they are now looking for someone else.

In the background, you faintly hear the sound of a motor boat getting closer you, but you still have a few minutes before it should normally reach you.

"Oh, Maria! What to do now?" Giorgio asks, trying to warm her up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oya: You know the basic direction that the others took but they are no longer in your line of sight. Do you want to try and follow them (even though you might not find them at all), try to follow the sound of Rossini's motor launch, or go elsewhere?

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:13 am
by Mr. Handy

Felicity does her best to help Giorgio revive Maria. "We have to keep moving," she says, "but we'd better keep an eye out for any buildings we can enter at this hour or any other spot where we can hide and let the launch pass us by. A hospital would be ideal; we should all be in hospital anyway. Do either of you know your way around this neighborhood?"

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:22 pm
by ImpInTraining
Oya follows the sound of the motorboat, but tries to stick to the shadows so she isn't seen by that trigger-happy madman.

Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:17 am
by G-Returner
Oya attempts to follow the sound of the boat...

Meanwhile, Maria seems to be on the verge of breaking down after all she's had to go through tonight. "Oh, a hospital, that would be great, but there isn't any in this neighbourhood." she says. "We could try a pub but we will attract a lot of attention with our completely wet clothes."

"Maybe we try and find some of my friends." says Giorgio. "Then we wait for that pig Rossini and fight him, si? My friends very strong."

Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:58 am
by Mr. Handy

"Finding your friends sounds good," says Felicity. "I can fight too if I have to, but I'd rather avoid a fight if it's possible. We're all hurt to varying degrees, and Rossini has a gun. But we could use their help to get you two out of town and maybe find some dry clothes. I have plenty more clothes back at my lodgings, but I have no idea how to get there from here. Does Rossini know about your friends? If so, he may realize you'd head there. He knows my name, so he could find my lodgings eventually, but it may take him some time."
OOC,I was trying to use First AId on [b]Maria[/b] in my previous post.

Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:51 am
by G-Returner
Felicity successfully gives first aid to Maria, helping her regain her breathing and warming her up a little. Maria thanks you profusely.

You then run after Giorgio, who takes you through several streets. Several minutes later, as you are nearly out of breath, he finally bangs on the door of a lower class building.

A young man comes to open the door and seeing Giorgio and Maria, he immediately lets you come inside.

"This a good friend, si?" Giorgio says. "We can stay here for the night. Rossini cannot guess we are here."
Spoiler:
Successful First Aid roll
Two successful Luck rolls
Outside, the sound of the motor boat becomes more distant, giving credence to Giorgio's reassuring words.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Oya has gotten lost in the poorly lit streets. The sound of the motor boat is far away now, too far to be able to follow it on foot. She does not know where Felicity and her group went, nor where she is herself.
Spoiler:
Failed POWx5 roll

Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:30 pm
by ImpInTraining
Oya will try to find her way back to her hotel, asking directions along the way in as crudely a fashion as she can manage. She knows the name of the hotel, at least, and uses body language to do the rest.

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Felicity. "Maria and I will need to have our clothes washed and then hung up to dry overnight, since we've been in the canal. A bath wouldn't be amiss either. Then in the morning we can each put our own clothes back on, and I'll see you both safely out of Venice. After that I'll return to my hotel room and see if I can find Oya."

Re: IC: Oya and Felicity (CH5)

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:39 pm
by G-Returner
Soon you no longer hear the boat at all. It seems Rossini has given up, at least for tonight.

You are given the opportunity to take a warm bath and dry your clothes. Giorgio and Maria are all over each other and no longer really pay attention to anything else.

"Oh yes, your friend!" Maria remembers as Felicity mentions Oya. "Maybe we should have waited for her... But it is probably too late now. I hope she'll turn up at your hotel."

You spend the night there. Normally you would feel too uneasy to sleep, but you are exhausted and sleep kicks in after a while.

.......................................................................................

Giorgio's friend's place
10:00am - Monday January 22nd, 1923

When you wake up, Maria and Giorgio are hurriedly packing a few suitcases with the help of their friend.

"Oh, ciao!" Maria says upon seeing you. "We are packing up. Soon we will board a train and get away from here. Thank you again for all your help."

"You sure you want to go to your hotel?" Giorgio asks. "You said Rossini can find it. Maybe he sends his people there to wait for you, si?"

Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:57 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I had wanted to try First Aid on myself before going to sleep. I have two separate injuries, 1 point from the canal and 2 from the beating. Unless the canal damage can't be treated, they can both be treated with a separate roll.

"That is a good point," says Felicity. "All right, I'll go with you to the train station. From there I can telephone the hotel, unless there's a phone here I can use before we leave. If Oya is there, I'll find out and talk to her. Otherwise, I can leave a message for her. Either way, I can arrange for her to check out and have all of our stuff transported to the station. I can also wire money to the hotel to pay my bill from there. I just hope Rossini's men aren't watching the station."

Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:35 am
by G-Returner
Before going to sleep, Felicity treats her bruises and cuts, and does her best to warm herself up healthily after the dive in the canal.
She regains +3 hit points.
Spoiler:
Successful First Aid rolls
"No phone here, no." Giorgio says.

"Oh, Felicity", Maria says, "I think you shouldn't stay with us in any case. We are at risk, but not you. Rossini is mad at you for sure, but although he is powerful in Venice and controls the police, he is not entirely untouchable either. He will kill people if it serves his interests, but he will not take the risk of killing purely out of spite. So I think you are safe as long as you stay away from us."

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:12 am
by Mr. Handy

"Hmm..." says Felicity. "Okay, if you're sure that you can both get out of town all right without my help. So you think it'll be safe if I go back to the hotel? If not, is there a public telephone nearby I can use?"

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:42 pm
by G-Returner
Giorgio shakes his head at the mention of a public telephone.

"He's really only after us." Maria says. "We will be as discreet as possible and take the first train."

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:54 pm
by G-Returner
Spoiler:
Forgive me for moving things along a bit here, but you have successfully completed the Maria sidequest and there is little else of interest for you to do, so I'd rather move on.
"Alright. It is time for us to go." Maria says, thanking you once again and giving you a hug. "I hope to meet you again someday."

Both she and Giorgio are dressed very inconscpicuously, so they should avoid unwanted attention. As you see them safely off, a feeling of warmth, well-being and romance momentarily stirs your heart.

You gain +1 San point.

Felicity casually goes back to her hotel. She has a discreet look around her but she does not notice anybody watching the place.

Inside her hotel room, she finds that Oya's luggage is gone. Oya has left her a note expressing her displeasure at being left behind the previous day, and says she will find another companion, nonetheless wishing Felicity good luck for the rest of her trip. At least, you know she has escaped alive.

Felicity quickly packs her bags and goes back outside.

In front of your hotel
3:00pm - Monday January 22nd, 1923

A suave, smartly dressed man seems to be eyeing Felicity.
Spoiler:
Imp has decided to stop playing Oya and will now be playing John Torrence (the smartly dressed man).

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:56 pm
by ImpInTraining
John tips his hat to the lady, a very white smile and a twinkle to his eye as he does. Still, figuring her to be Italian, he doesn't try to spark up a conversation. He looks about the signs, but seems a bit perplexed, even taking his hat off to scratch his head a moment as he tries to decipher the unfamiliar language.

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:44 am
by Mr. Handy

Felicity smiles back at he man. Well, isn't he a handsome devil! she thinks, sizing him up. She strides confidently over to him with a jaunty step. "Good day to you, sir," she says with a crisp English accent.

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:09 pm
by ImpInTraining
John looks pleasantly surprised as the woman speaks to him in English. "Oh thank goodness," he said turning to face her. "Good morning to you too, my dear. I was so upset when I saw the prettiest girl in Italy and was afraid I'd never be able to tell her," he said with a wink. "All that aside though, I don't suppose you know which way it is to the train station?"

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:55 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Am I allowed to read the beginning of this thread now, the part that only involved [b]Oya[/b]?

Felicity chuckles. "You must be lost," she says. "It's mid-afternoon already, not morning. I arrived at the train station, and I'll be going back there when I leave Venice. I'm not certain of the route, but I have a map of Venice and can check. You'll probably need a gondola to take you there. If you can't find a gondolier who speaks English, I'm sure the concierge at the hotel can arrange to hire one. Are you leaving now? I don't see your luggage."

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:48 pm
by ImpInTraining
John chuckled and blushed ever so slightly, "Well..." he checked his pocket watch, "... I guess you're right. Still on East Coast time." He put his watch away and turned his attention fully to the woman before him, "I didn't pack a lot, just one suitcase, and it is sitting behind this bench," he motioned with a quick head jerk. Sure enough, one over-stuffed suitcase was resting on the ground there behind the bench. "So you're taking the train as well? Is it the Orient Express?" He seems rather excited about it... whether it is the prospect of riding with Felicity, or taking the train itself, it's hard to tell.
ooc,not sure when the train is supposed to arrive at the station.

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:39 pm
by G-Returner
Spoiler:
Yes, you can read Oya's thread.
John has a look at his schedule and sees the Orient Express arrives in Venice at 9:15pm.

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:48 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Ah, you're an American," says Felicity. "Yes, I'm riding on the Orient Express. Bit of a holiday, exploring the Continent, and having tremendous fun. I'll be heading to the train station myself this evening, but we may as well go together. I have a good deal of luggage. It's all packed, but I'll need the porters to move it for me."

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:35 pm
by ImpInTraining
John smiles, "That would be great! I'm still a little new to all of this travel stuff. I can't wait to leave Italy. I don't know a lick of Italian... Heh, not that I'll fare much better in any other country along the line."

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:34 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I'd be delighted," says Felicity. "I've travelled extensively, though I don't know Italian either. I do know French and German, but they won't be all that useful as we proceed eastward."

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:25 am
by ImpInTraining
"Well," John said lifting an eyebrow, "Here's hoping for a train full of English-speaking passengers." He looked at his paperwork again and said, "about 6 hours to kill. Any thoughts on that?"

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:24 am
by Mr. Handy

"It's a bit early for it now," says Felicity, "but I'm sure we can fit supper in there somewhere."

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:49 am
by ImpInTraining
"Sure... why not?" He reached down to pick up his suitcase and looked up and down the street. "Do you have any preferred restaurant?"

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"There are a few good ones," says Felicity, "but I'm in the mood to try something new. Guess it's my spirit of adventure."

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:57 am
by ImpInTraining
"Very good," John said approvingly. He looked left and right and suggested, "Let's head toward the train station - where ever that is - and find something along the way."

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:54 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sounds good to me," says Felicity, offering her arm. "I've already arranged for the porters to transfer my luggage to the train, so we can leave now and take one last look at Venice. I'll always remember the great times I had here."

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:30 am
by ImpInTraining
John looks to Felicity and inquires, "Do you think you could add my suitcase to your luggage? That way I won't have to carry it around with me. I mean... only if it isn't an inconvenience."

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:55 pm
by Mr. Handy

"That shouldn't be a problem," replies Felicity with a smile.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:31 pm
by G-Returner
Your stroll takes you to the train station, where the Orient Express is not expected before several hours.

A few passengers are idly spending time there, probably waiting for the train just like you. You notably notice an Eastern looking man in his mid-30s, smartly dressed, who sits there doing nothing with a patience and composure that forces admiration; a man in his 30s, wearing a suit and a bow tie, talking to an overweight and richly dressed cat lady who appears to be in her 60s; and a very English looking man in his 40s, keeping himself entertained by reading a train timetable.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:34 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc: Did we eat prior to arriving at the station,or just didn't find some place along the way?
John smiled to Felicity and said, "Isn't this exciting? People of various walks of life packed together in a marvel of technology speeding towards exotic destinations filled with mystery and intrigue..."

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"Oh, quite!" says Felicity. "That's what I love so much about travel: meeting fascinating people, exploring unusual locations. Everyone has a story to tell."

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:13 am
by ImpInTraining
John nodded, "And by the looks of them, they came well prepared. I suppose you have to be generally wealthy if you can afford a leisurely trip on the Orient Express." He was eyeing the other passengers, taking mental note of their luxury items.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, indeed," says Felicity. "Tickets on the Orient Express are rather expensive. Then there's other costs of going on holiday: hotels, shopping, meals...I'm grateful that my family is wealthy, or I'd never be able to afford this."

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:29 pm
by G-Returner
(You can decide whether you have stopped to eat something or not (in which case, nothing of note happened during dinner))

Eventually, the man with a bow tie leaves the overweight older lady and moves towards you.

"Greetings" he says in English, "My name is Ronald Lakeby, I am waiting for the Orient Express, like you I presume? It seems we have arrived early!"

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:26 pm
by ImpInTraining
John nodded to the man and said, "How do you do? I am John Torrence ... and this is..." he swept an arm toward Felicity - then realized, "We hadn't even exchanged names. I'm sorry, so rude of me. It was almost like we had known each other for years already."

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:20 am
by Mr. Handy

"Felicity Hayward," says Felicity with a smile. She offers her hand. "A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Lakeby. Yes, we're riding on the Orient Express as well. We are a bit early, but it's better to be early than to be late."

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:51 am
by G-Returner
"Certainly! And nice to meet you as well." Ronald replies, kissing Felicity's hand. He has charm and seems knowledgeable on several subjects.

"Where are you headed? I myself want to visit Trieste." he says. "By the way, that's a lovely dress you are wearing."

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:28 am
by ImpInTraining
John lifted an eyebrow as he got the jist of what was happening. This chap was cutting in on his dance card. He frowned and glanced over at the portly lady that he left behind. "Say Ronald, did you bring your mother, perhaps?" He looked over to Ronald. "I couldn't help but notice you were just over there speaking with the lady with the cat a moment ago."

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy

Felicity watches with amusement as the two men compete for her attention. "Why, thank you," she says. "I'm on my way to Trieste next as well."

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:05 pm
by G-Returner
"Oh, no, I was just making acquaintance with Mrs Bramwell to pass time." Ronald replies. "But I have just found someone a lot more interesting, I believe." he says with a discreet wink for Felicity. "I'd avoid her cats if I were you, they do not seem to like strangers. The absence of a wedding ring indicates you are not married, correct? Forgive my bluntness, but it is not often that you can meet such a charming, unattached woman. Most unusual."

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:38 pm
by ImpInTraining
John straightened and said, "Hey, see here... she might not have a ring, but I did just walk to the train station with her. You're getting too presumptuous for your own good, fella." He went in and grabbed the man by the lapels to show him he meant business (and to check for the man's wallet on his inside jacket pocket).

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:31 pm
by G-Returner
"Ha ha! Don't you worry, I don't mean to intrude if there is something going between the two of you, I just know beauty when I see it." Ronald says charmingly, yet looking at Felicity to see whether she will approve of John's intervention or not.

(Ronald's wallet is nowhere to be seen - the man appears to be cautious)

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy

"Gentlemen, please," says Felicity in a calming tone, realizing this may have gone too far. "There's no need to fight. I am indeed unattached, as it happens. I am also not attached to either of you, as I've only just met the two of you. If something develops in future, then it does, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. In the meantime, I can be friends with both of you, so long as you can be friends with each other."

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:18 pm
by ImpInTraining
John released Ronald and straightened his own suit. He glanced to Felicity, "Yeah... ok. Good thing we're not in Atlanta though. I believe things would be different there." He shot a daring glare to Ronald and then looked to the rest of the people waiting for the train.

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:30 am
by G-Returner
"I hope to see you again during the journey. Perhaps for a drink in the salon car, once you are no longer chaperoned?" Ronald says with a smile, before slightly bowing and excusing himself.

A smartly dressed man who appears to be in his 30s shows up at the station. He is carrying several large bags and seems to be panting, as though he came here in a big hurry. (This is Howard)

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:19 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Perhaps," says Felicity as Ronald leaves, "and I have no chaperone. I didn't bring one with me on holiday, and I'm not about to have one now. A chaperone wouldn't let me have any fun," she adds, with a hint of mischief in her voice.

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:56 am
by ImpInTraining
John wasn't sure what to make of this Ronald fellow. He had guts. John was rather stocky and clearly could handle himself in a fight, and yet here Ronald came out of the blue and pretty much stepped in between John and Felicity. Rude, sure... he imagined all them rich type were used to getting what they wanted.

He looked to Felicity after Ronald left and said, "Sorry about that, doll. Guys like that just ruffle my feathers, always thinking they can just barge in and take whatever they want. I had to step up, any real man would. It's a man thing. Probably been going on since the caveman days. Naturally, I didn't mean to insinuate that I'm laying claim on you."

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:46 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Quite all right," says Felicity. "I know the type, and I've met worse."

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:02 am
by Howerd Phillips
G-Returner wrote:A smartly dressed man who appears to be in his 30s shows up at the station. He is carrying several large bags and seems to be panting, as though he came here in a big hurry. (This is Howard)
Howard shows a sign of relief making it undisturbed to the train station. His exertion is multiplied by his labored breathing from several broken ribs. 'Those will take weeks to heal,' he thinks to himself. He looks for Luigi on the platform and waiting area.
Spoiler:
Does he have tickets already? Seat assignments with Luigi? When will the train start to board.

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:47 pm
by G-Returner
Tickets still need to be purchased but that is a mere formality.

Seats are assigned depending on how crowded the train is - it is not always possible to choose who you're sharing your berth with.

The train is expected in a couple of hours.

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:53 pm
by ImpInTraining
Always alert on the people of his surroundings, John says, "That fellow over there looks like he's hurting. The way he's holding his side, the look of pain clearly around his eyes. I wonder if he needs any help?"

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:54 pm
by kabukiman
Luigi joins Howard.
-How are you my friend? I had to convince the caretaker to drank and I pay him a bottle of wine.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:08 am
by Howerd Phillips
"Not so well, Luigi. I was cut by the automatons while walking through the gears, and slipped on the way down the staircase. I suffered a few broken bones and considerable internal damage. I need to administer first aid in our berth. But, I did get the leg so at least it was successful. I could use a drink myself, perhaps a cognac or brandy."

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Felicity gasps when she sees the state the injured man is in. "Yes, he certainly does look like he needs it," she says. She strides over to him and speaks in English, as she can hear him speaking the same language. "Pardon me, sir. Is there anything I can do to help you? You appear to be badly injured. Have you seen a doctor?"

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:55 am
by Howerd Phillips
Howard becomes visibly shaken at being noticed and called out publicly, his state of mind mirroring his body. He feels comfort in his pistol at ready access in his pocket. He settles down after looking at the woman, her appearance and English accent in this setting seems appropriate. With considerable effort, he manages to avoid glancing at the leg and other statue components they are lugging around.

"Yes..I..uh..well, I am a doctor. I have fallen down some stairs on my rush to the train station so have not been able to attend to my injuries. A cognac and some time alone is all I need. Luigi, shall we buy our tickets?"

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:10 pm
by kabukiman
Luigi rushes to buy the tickets. And ask a cognac.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:13 pm
by Mr. Handy

"You really shouldn't have rushed," says Felicity. "The train isn't even coming in for another couple of hours. There's plenty of time now to treat yourself. I can assist you if you need help. I'm not a nurse, but I do know somewhat about patching people up. Did a bit of volunteering in a hospital in France during the war."

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:39 am
by Howerd Phillips
"Well...perhaps so. It seemed necessary to rush at the time. Thank you, but with a little rest in my cabin, I will be fine. May I ask you your name? My name is Dr. Howard Phillips."

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"Felicity Hayward," says Felicity, extending her hand. "A pleasure to meet you, Dr. Phillips."

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:40 pm
by ImpInTraining
John stepped behind Felicity and nodded to the doctor, "Name's John Terrence. Look doc... if you're all banged up, maybe I should take your bags for you?"

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:28 am
by Howerd Phillips
Howard slips into a sense of paranoia, hearing someone interested in his luggage. He moves closer to his bags. "No. That won't be necessary," he says, a little sternly.

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:40 pm
by kabukiman
As soon as Luigi has the tickets and cognac he will return to Howard.

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:43 am
by Mr. Handy

Felicity watches the strangers curiously. What an odd fellow! she thinks. His behaviour is quite extraordinary. I wonder how he really got injured?

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:35 pm
by Howerd Phillips
Howard takes the cognac from Luigi and sips it, warming him and calming his slightly shaky hands at the same time. "Thank you, Luigi." He introduces his friend to Felicity and John, asking, "Are you also debarking soon?" He forgets their next destination, secretly only desiring to be on the train and away from Venice.

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:03 pm
by ImpInTraining

When Howard was sternly objecting to John's help, he responded, "All right... all right... don't get all uptight, doc. We're all taking the same train here."

After being introduced to Luigi, John says, "How do you do?"

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:58 am
by Mr. Handy

"Charmed," says Felicity to Luigi with a smile, offering him her hand.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:02 am
by G-Returner
Eventually, the Orient Express arrives on time in a great display of smoke.

It will not depart for another hour, but you are encouraged by the staff to start booking your luggage now as it is a very slow process.
Spoiler:
(As you know, passengers are only permitted to bring very small bags in their berths - the bulk of the luggage needs to be locked in the fourgon during the trip, so unless you can think of something, the pieces of the Simulacrum will need to be kept there)
You see an elderly gentleman in a wheelchair, heavily muffled against the inclement weather, being wheeled aboard the train. You also spot Ronald eyeing your group from time to time, Felicity in particular.

"Good evening gentlemen, can I take your luggage?" a staff member asks with a slight French accent.

You know Trieste is not too far away and the journey should only last a few hours - you ought to be sleeping in a hotel in Trieste tonight.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:22 pm
by kabukiman
Luigi kisses Felicity hand.
-My name is Luigi di Lecce. I am italian but I have been living in England for last years. I am traveling with my friend Howard, we are doing a tour in Europe.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:23 pm
by Mr. Handy

"So am I," says Felicity. "I"m Felicity Hayward, from London. If you've been living in England for any length of time, you may have heard of me already. Shall we go check our luggage aboard?"

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:51 pm
by Howerd Phillips
Howard appears nervous at releasing his bags to the porter, looking at Luigi for encouragement. He keeps his doctor bag and small bag of personal effects (including his pistol).

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:17 pm
by kabukiman
Luigi looks at the porter and understand Howard problem and says in a gentle way:
-Let the men take your things. This is safe place, not one where things are stolen.

OOC: How can I know if Luigi has ever heard of Felicity?

-Of course, it would be a pleasure!

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:45 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,That's up to the Keeper, but my guess would be a Know roll.

"Have you and Howard been friends long?" asks Felicity as she goes with Luigi to check their luggage in. She has a few large steamer trunks, which she indicates to the porter. There is no way she would be able to carry them without help. She just keeps her purse and its contents with her.

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:00 am
by ImpInTraining
John has some of his more important items in his pockets, while everything else is in his suitcase. He looked to Felicia and asked, "I thought the hotel was taking care of that part. Well, whatever the case, I'll follow your lead."

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:15 am
by G-Returner
Spoiler:
Successful Knowledge roll for Luigi. He has vaguely heard of Felicity.

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:49 pm
by kabukiman
-And I have already heard of you Miss, of course. Well, answering to your question, we didn't knew each other until some time, we had a common friend actually.
Luigi hesitates to speak more

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:36 am
by Howerd Phillips
Howard tenses at the mention of Professor Smith, London seemingly a decade ago and so far away but yet fresh in his mind. His eyes glance at the luggage being taken by the porters.
Spoiler:
(Just trying to move it along...)

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"Oh?" says Felicity, raising an eyebrow. "I'd have thought you just knew me by reputation. So who is our mutual friend?"

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:08 pm
by ImpInTraining
John says, "Excuse me... I have to find a restroom before we take off.". He winked and said, childhood habit my parents instilled in me." With that said, he heads out - presumably to find the facilities.

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:04 pm
by kabukiman
-Yes of course- says Luigi distracted to John. Then to Felicity:
-It is...was... professor Smith.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:48 am
by Howerd Phillips
Howard eyes John with suspicion. "Felicity, uh, do you know this John well?"

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"Why, no, I've only just met the man," says Felicity. "I ran into him outside our hotel as we were getting ready to leave and started talking to him, and it turned out we were both catching the same train, so we came to the station and had dinner together. I heard about Professor Smith's disappearance and the fire. So tragic! But they never found a body, so he might still be alive. Why do you use the past tense? Do you know something I don't? And how do you know the professor?"

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:33 am
by Howerd Phillips
Howard lets Luigi continue to tell the story of the professor.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:53 am
by G-Returner
As John heads for the toilet, Howard spots him discreetly opening one of his bags as they are taken to the fourgon!
Spoiler:
Failed Sneak roll
John notices that the bag contains featureless statuary pieces made of a very unusual material that he cannot identify.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:11 pm
by kabukiman
- With such a fire he could be easily been burned until nothing remained. If he was alive, why not appear? I knew the professor because we had similar tastes about history.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:09 am
by Howerd Phillips
Howard becomes visibly irritated seeing John look into the bags. He grabs Luigi midway through speaking and points. "What is he doing?! Hey, you there! What are you doing looking through my bags!" His mind wanders to sinister possibilities...

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:52 am
by Mr. Handy

Felicity gasps when she turns to see John poking through Howard's bags. She watches the events unfold with the same sort of fascination that someone might have when viewing a train wreck, a mixture of shock and curiosity.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:38 pm
by kabukiman
-Eh! That's my friend bag! What are you doing there?
Luigi runs in direction of John furious and surprised that their enemies are so bold like that. Can he get them before they steal? Was all their work in vain?

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:10 am
by ImpInTraining
John blinked... looking in the bag, "Why ... these aren't my things at all!" He looked up, "Terribly sorry. My bag is very similar." He put his hands on his hips and looked around, "Must be around here somewhere." He removed his hat with a couple fingers of his left hand and scratched his head with the others, then put his hat back on. "Sorry chap. At least you didn't have some embarrassing women's underwear in there. Why I knew this guy..."

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:21 am
by Howerd Phillips
Howard relaxes a little, getting the sense the man is more likely a common thief or distracted tourist than a mad cultist. Still, he is very upset with the potential loss, and identification, of the items in his luggage. He makes sure they are secured appropriately the train and asks again to confirm they will be properly locked up and guarded. He eyes John with suspicion.

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:28 pm
by ImpInTraining
After things settle down a little, John asks those collected, "Do you think the train will have a small store in it? I would like to pick up some razors since I can't find my bag." He rubbed his hand across his cleanly shaven chin and said, "A man has to look nice for the ladies, you know?" He winked at Felicity toyfully.

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:46 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Oh, I'm sure there's a store around the station where you can buy a razor," says Felicity. "We have some time yet before we board."

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:46 pm
by kabukiman
-Yes, it is a good idea to buy some razor, I'm sure the women will appreciate. Come, I'l go with you.
Luigi thinks it's better to keep an eye in the men.

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:56 pm
by ImpInTraining
John seems appreciative, "Good... I don't speak a lick of Italian, so I could use the help." As they start heading off, John asked Luigi "So what's your relationship with the doctor? Something's got him on the edge... that wouldn't be your doing, would it?"

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:04 pm
by kabukiman
Luigi get's suspicious again.
-I didn't have the time to speak with him, since I just arrived, YOU were talking with him when I arrived.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:58 am
by ImpInTraining
John smiled, "Sure... Whatever you say pal. Just that it's seeming there is more to you two than meets the eye. After all, you seemed quite angry when you saw me in his luggage. Most strangers don't get over-emotional over each other's tresspasses so long as it doesn't involve them personally."

He shrugged, "Look, you want to play me as a fool, go ahead. Keep your secrets. Don't matter much to me."

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:30 am
by kabukiman
-He is my friend and we are traveling together but ignore what kind of accident he suffered, since the last time I saw him today some hours ago, he was perfectly fine. So I don't like watching other people opening my friends luggage.

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:35 pm
by Howerd Phillips
Howard anxiously awaits the train departure.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy

"So, Dr. Phillips," says Felicity, "have you and Mr. di Lecce known each other long? How did you meet?"

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:50 am
by Howerd Phillips
"Not long, not long. We met through association with Professor Smith."

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:52 pm
by ImpInTraining
John smiled to Luigi, "See, that wasn't so hard." He shrugged, "I suppose if I saw a stranger opening my friend's luggage, I'd be just as curious. Sorry to get you all upright." He pointed at what seemed to be a store coming up, "I'm in luck, looks like I'll get to shave tomorrow morning after all."

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"How was your stay in Venice?" asks Felicity. "What was your favourite part?"

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:29 am
by Howerd Phillips
Howard manages a grimacing smile, holding his side, "Uh..can't say I have a favorite part right this moment.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:53 am
by Mr. Handy

"Oh, dear," says Felicity, looking at her feet in embarrassment. "I am terribly sorry. Are you sure you wouldn't like to treat your injuries while we wait to board? As I said, I can help."

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:42 am
by Howerd Phillips
"Yes, well, I don't see a private area to administer first aid. To avoid undue public attention, I can wait until my cabin is available."

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:34 pm
by kabukiman
-Some days ago I was asked by some of the local black shirt to "contribute" to their cause. And before that, I had already been robed by a person I had met. So, I'm starting to get very suspicious of anyone who look at others things- says Luigi tired.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:48 am
by ImpInTraining
John nodded, a man on his guard... duley noted. "No worries my friend. I'll help you keep track of your wallet if you want." He had grabbed a pack of blades and a razor and some lather and threw some of the funny looking Italian money on the counter. He tried his best to say thanks in Italian, but it sounded like 'Gretsnius'. But his smile and nod showed approval and gratitude to the clerk.

On their way back from the store, John says quietly as they walk "Say, Luigi... I couldn't help but notice that strange stone stuff in the doctor's bag. Leads me to believe that he's not a doctor of medicine. Is that right? Is that what has your friend so uptight - the stone thingies? Looked like a bunch of rocks really, but that's not my area of expertise... so who knows - could be priceless acheological artifacts. And judging by your reactions to my mistake, seems that might be the case. In which case, I really do have to ask ... why would you risk moving something so valuable without an armed guard?"

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"If you could see it, it wouldn't be private," Felicity says to Howard with a smile. "There must be somewhere we can use. We should ask someone who works at the station." She looks around for someone who might be able to help.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:53 pm
by kabukiman
Luigi decides it's better to tell part of the true.
-He is a doctor! Truly! But we have other kind of interest too. I'm an artist. So we collect special artifacts. We try to keep a low profile and guards would be very conspicuous.

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:40 pm
by Howerd Phillips
Howard feels more comfortable around Felicity with her geniune concern over his welfare. "Luigi and I..Professor Smith ...we need to get to Trieste and find the next piece..." In his weakened state, Howard loses his composure.

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:46 pm
by Mr. Handy

"The next piece?" says Felicity, intrigued. "Are you art collectors?"

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:23 pm
by Howerd Phillips
Howard stops the porters just prior to them securing their luggage and shows Felicity a few of the pieces, hoping the foreign material used will bolster his story as he relays the story of their quest...

"Felicity, please... We..we could use your help. I know this sounds crazy, but you know Julius."

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:09 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, I wouldn't call him crazy," says Felicity, listening to the tale with fascination. "A bit eccentric, perhaps. It's hard to believe that these statue pieces have any mystical powers, but I don't doubt that they're extremely valuable and that unscrupulous people are willing to kill for them. If you want help, you've come to the right girl. I love a good adventure. I just had quite a stirring time last night, when I saved my friend Maria from a fate worse than death." She recounts how she and Oya rescued Maria from Rossini's clutches.

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:09 pm
by ImpInTraining
John's eyes wided to Luigi, "Really? It sounds very exciting - all cloak and dagger kind of stuff." He stopped the man and looked around, making sure they weren't being overheard, then he said, "Look, I'll be frank with you. The idea of taking some trip to sight-see foreign lands... that's... well, it'd be fun, if I were 50. But I'm a man of action and adventure. I know you don't know me from Adam, but I think, just maybe, I might be of some use to you. I have what you might call a somewhat unique set of skills among our peers. And clearly, you could use the help. What do you say?"

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:12 pm
by Howerd Phillips
Howard nearly collapses from his weakened state...

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:06 am
by kabukiman
Luigi doesn't know what to do with the turn of the events.
-Look, this may look all very exciting, but this is dangerous. You don't get any fame, money or recognition. If we are lucky, we survive this. If not... -Luigi makes a grim face.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy

Felicity supports Howard to keep him from falling over.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:08 pm
by ImpInTraining
OOC,I thought we were in two separate groups?

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:27 am
by Howerd Phillips
Spoiler:
Edited...

G-Returner, you there?

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:59 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'll edit my post as well.

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:56 pm
by ImpInTraining
John laughed. "Danger is my middle name!" He glanced left and right, then spoke behind his hand to Luigi, "Well, not really. It's Francis, but don't spread that around." He turned and started walking again. "Look, if you're not comfortable with the idea, why not talk it over with the doc? If you agree I'm too much a liability then I'll leave you two alone."

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:09 pm
by G-Returner
Finally, after waiting for what seemed like an eternity, the luggage is booked and locked in, and you are invited to board the Orient Express. The cold outside is pretty mean, so you are relieved to be able to go inside.

There aren't too many passengers tonight, and you can share your berths with whomever you like. However, you will not spend the night here as you should reach Trieste in just a few hours. Several passengers choose to spend the time having a meal in the dining car, or a drink and a smoke in the salon car.

Let me know what your characters will be doing and where they will hang out for these upcoming few hours.

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:20 am
by Howerd Phillips
Howard will go to his cabin to administer first aid.

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"My offer to help still stands," Felicity says to Howard as he heads to his cabin.

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:59 am
by Howerd Phillips
Howard nods. "I can use all the help I can get right now."

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:42 pm
by ImpInTraining
John lets Luigi bring up the idea of including his services to Howard. The man seemed a bit on the edge, and the idea would be more welcomed coming from a reliable source.

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:28 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'd be delighted," says Felicity, accompanying Howard to his cabin. Once inside, she assists him in treating his injuries. "You know, anyone who saw us come in here is liable to think we're lovers," she adds with a mischievous smile.

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:01 am
by Howerd Phillips
Howard laughs, such things being far from his mind at the moment.

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:02 am
by kabukiman
Luigi will go smoke a cigar.
"Maybe it's not bad having some help. This all affair is driving me and Howard crazy".

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:04 pm
by ImpInTraining
John shrugged and said to Luigi, "Well, you're covering it well for a crazy person. Why don't you bring it up to your friend. I'll be in the bar coach awaiting your resolution."

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:47 pm
by kabukiman
-Very well, I'l speak with you latter. But just let me warn you, you may regret this. Because it's not an ordinary situation.

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:37 pm
by ImpInTraining
John smiled and nodded, "I've got nothing better to do." He turned about to orient himself, pointed toward the coach that had the bar, and started off.

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:51 pm
by G-Returner
Howard goes to his berth with Felicity, and he lays down as she starts treating his wounds... Unfortunately, the awkwardness between them and the movement of the train must have made it difficult for her to concentrate, as after the treatment Howard is still very much in pain.
Spoiler:
Two failed First Aid rolls for Felicity
John heads to the salon car and has a drink with some of the other passengers. He notices Ronald eyeing him from time to time, but the man seems to avoid getting too close. A few people are playing poker to pass time.

A few hours pass...

(to be continued in Chapter 6)