IC-SWORD-Planet Terror(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-SWORD-Planet Terror(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 6:17 PM Mountain Time - Prairie Militia Society Compound
In the movie studio-
"It's okay, Mutt, we've got her!" called a man's voice from the guard room. "We have to evacuate this place now! Grab the girls and let's go!"

"Good job, Doc!" shouted Mutt. "Are you sure we can't hold the compound?"

"Positive! You didn't see the size of that thing, and we've already lost Jeff. Maybe we'll kill it, but they'll keep coming!"

"Damn, you're right. Okay, you and Sally take Lara to the surface. Careful with her, she's the one who killed Jeff. Katarina and I will bring Zoe, and Raquel too if we can find the keys to the cuffs." He went over to the chair where Jeff's clothes lay, but he couldn't find the keys. "Crap, where the hell are they?! Katarina, help me look!"

A loud smash came from the same direction as the breaking rock, followed by a massive explosion and then automatic rifle fire.
OOC,[b]Katarina[/b], if you want to search through the clothes for the handcuff keys, roll Spot Hidden.
Zoe Gallagher,You're stunned for 14 more minutes, including this one.
In the guard room-
"Come on, Sally, there's no time to waste!" shouted Doc after the explosion and the gunfire. "I'll hold onto Lara. You need your hands on your crutches. Let's go!" He took Lara by the arm.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-SWORD-Planet Terror(Everyone)

Post by ryansommer »

Sally breathed a sigh of relief but now she had to travel with Mutt. 'Out of the frying pan and into the fire' she thought to herself.
"Mutt, we will need more weapons. Can you get into the armory to get us some gear? I can take Katrina and Laura upstairs while Doc gets the other girls. You can get us some weapons and ammo to survive. Sound like a plan?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the movie studio-
"I've got the armory keys, but I don't know if we'll have time to stop and grab anything!" called Mutt. "I'll have to move the girls. Doc may be smarter than me, but I've got him beat in the muscles department. If I get a chance, I'll gear up at the armory myself on my way out. There's no time to discuss this, just go!"

In the guard room-
"This way, hurry!" said Doc. He ushered Lara into the short hall on the opposite side of the guard room from the cell block. A metal door was on the left, and a wooden door was on the right. Beyond them were two open doorways without doors. The end of the hall opened up into a reception area. "Just keep going straight ahead."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Good luck!" Sally said, before huslting off after Doc and Laura. Sally moved as quickly as she could.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina looks for the keys desperately. "We shoot links?" But then she finds the keys.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the movie studio-
"Good girl!" said Mutt, giving Katarina a quick kiss and taking the keys from her. He unlocked both sets of handcuffs that were chaining Raquel to the bed, pocketed the keys, rolled her onto her belly, and cuffed her arms tight behind her back. He went over to Zoe and did the same to her. Then he knelt and easily scooped Zoe up, slinging her over his shoulder in a fireman's carry. "I don't think you can manage to carry Raquel. She's a big girl. We'll go back for her later if we have time. Otherwise, if she has any sense she'll follow us when she collects herself. Unless...of course!" He hurried over to a wheeled room service cart that was backstage and laid Zoe down on top of it. "Go on and push her out the door, then turn left and go straight ahead. The stairs may prove a problem later, but at least we can get her that far. I'll grab Raquel."

The automatic gunfire continued for a few seconds from the direction of the elevator, and then it stopped. There was another noise of crunching and breaking rock.
Zoe Gallagher,You're stunned for another 13 minutes, including this one.
In the short hall-
Doc pulled Lara along, waiting for Sally so that he did not end up leaving her behind. "Keep going!" he urged, hurrying for the reception area ahead. A staircase could be seen at the far end, leading up.

Lara looked at him, bewildered and frightened. "What is happening?!" she asked, her ears ringing with the gunfire.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina did as she was told.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Zoe is still confused and helpless from the effects of the gas.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"All hell is breakign lose, is what is happening." Sally said. "We'll explain later, but there is some seriously bad shit going on back there." Sally started breathing heavily due to all the running. "Are you aware that the dead are rising up and attacking the living?" Sally said between breaths.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the movie studio-
Mutt snatched up Raquel, grunting a little with the effort. "You been putting on weight?" he said as he ran out the exit to the guard room, carrying her over his shoulder with one arm. All she could do was weep.

In the guard room-
Katarina wheeled the cart with Zoe on it out of the door to the movie studio and turned left, heading for the hall leading out. Mutt emerged from the studio with Raquel. From the cell block, they could see Ghost, Nitro, and Deadeye running their way and reloading their rifles. "Did you kill it?" asked Mutt.

"No, but we hurt it real bad!" called Ghost. "We sprayed a lot of lead, but only a few rounds hit it. Then it broke through the floor before we could finish it off."

"I'll unlock the armory on our way out so we can grab some more stuff."

"That thing's under the floor and heading this way!" shouted Deadeye. "What, you want us to be in there grabbing guns and bombs while it bursts up below us? The hell with that, let's just split!"
Zoe Gallagher,You're stunned for 12 more minutes, including this one.
In the reception area-
Doc, Lara, and Sally hurried through the hall and into the reception area, reaching the base of the stairs. "What?!" said Lara. "But that's impossible, like some cheesy horror movie! That's crazy!" She looked imploringly at Doc. "Please tell me she's crazy."

"I'm sorry, Lara, but Sally's saner than any of us," said Doc. "I didn't want to believe it myself, but it's happening. You can depend on Sally. If it weren't for her, we'd all be dead already." He gave Sally a look of admiration. "Come on, let's hurry upstairs."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally laughed as she ran: "Well, sane being a relative term, that is. " Sally hurried along as quickly as she could.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the guard room-
Mutt ran alongside Katarina as she pushed the cart with Zoe down the hall to the left to the reception area. Ghost, Nitro, and Deadeye ran into the guard room a short distance behind them. Mutt unlocked the metal door as he went by, but he kept running.

In the reception area-
Doc, Lara, and Sally hurried up the stairs. Mutt lugged Raquel into the room while Katarina pushed the cart to the base of the stairs, but at this point it would need to be abandoned.

"Leave her here for now, Katarina" said Mutt. "The guys will grab her on their way out. Let's keep going." He spoke into his radio. "Spike, we're all on our way up. We have to evacuate. Make sure the way is clear for us to the vehicles."
OOC,[b]Katarina[/b], if you want to try to carry [b]Zoe[/b] upstairs anyway, make a Resistance Table roll of your STR of 7 against her SIZ of 12. This gives you only a 25% chance. If you fail, neither one of you goes anywhere this turn. You may instead go up the stairs without rolling.
Zoe Gallagher,You're stunned for 11 more minutes, including this one.
In the warehouse-
Doc, Lara, and Sally entered a large underground warehouse with many crates stacked throughout. At the far end of the warehouse was another stairway leading upwards.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally looked around as she ran: "What is all of this?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Since Laraqua hasn't returned yet, I'll NPC [b]Katarina[/b] until she does and assume she continues to do as she's told for now.
In the reception area-
Mutt, still carrying Raquel, ran up the stairs with Katarina right behind him. Zoe still lay helpless on the cart when Ghost, Nitro, and Deadeye ran in from the hall.
Zoe Gallagher,You're stunned for 10 more minutes, including this one. I had miscalculated the amount of time in the posts above, but I've fixed it.
In the warehouse-
"All sorts of goods," said Doc, running with Sally for the stairs leading to the surface. "No weapons or explosives - those are all kept in the armories - but just about everything else. Electronics, clothes, you name it. Most of it's probably stolen. Hammond and Earl used their trucking business to transport these goods. Some of it would be useful for surviving the current crisis, but we don't have time to stop and root through these crates. Keep moving!" He, Lara, and Sally started up the stairs as Mutt, Raquel, and Katarina arrived from below.

On the stairs-
When Doc, Lara, and Sally reached a landing halfway up the stairs, they heard a shotgun blast ring out from somewhere above.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Gnnnr." Zoe drools down her cheek.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally hustled along as quickly as she could. As she ran, Sally strained to hear the sounds of the worm coming after them, but her footfalls and the sound of her heart beating furiously was all she could hear.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the reception area-
"Don't fret, Zoe," said Ghost, scooping her up with no problem. "I would never leave behind my favorite girl." He carried her upstairs, with Nitro and Deadeye following him.

In the warehouse-
Mutt lugged Raquel up the stairs leading further up, and Katarina followed along. When the other skinheads entered from below with Zoe, the ground shook again and the sound of breaking rock came from far behind. "It's comin'!" shouted Deadeye. "Hurry, let's beat feet!"
Zoe Gallagher,[b]Zoe[/b] is stunned for 9 more minutes, including this one.
On the stairs-
Doc, Lara, and Sally reached the top of the stairs, which were blocked off by a trapdoor in the ceiling. Doc pushed it open, and the three of them emerged into a room on the surface.

Further down, Mutt, Raquel, and Katarina reached the landing at around the time the gronud trembled. All of them could hear another shotgun blast from somewhere above. Raquel began to recover from the effects of the gas.

In the back room-
Doc, Lara, and Sally found themselves in a small room. Sunlight streamed in through a window in one wall next to an open door leading outside. Both women blinked, relieved to be back on ground level. Sally had only been trapped down there for hours, but this was the first time in months that Lara had seen the sun. The only other exit was a hallway leading further into the building.

"The vehicles are out there," said Doc, pointing to the open door. Then the ground shook again, and another shotgun blast echoed from outside. Spike's agonized, terrified scream came from somewhere outside, though he was not visible through either the door or the window.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Shit! Don't tell me that big worm is smart enough to have known we were heading for the surface and it got here first?" Sally groanded as she moved to the windows to look outside.
Then another realization hit her " ......or.....there is more than one of them.."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the warehouse-
Ghost began to carry Zoe up the stairs leading to the surface, Nitro and Deadeye hot on their heels.
Zoe Gallagher,[b]Zoe[/b] is stunned for 8 more minutes, including this one.
On the stairs-
"I can walk now," muttered Raquel in broken English.

"Okay, but you better behave yourself," said Mutt, setting her down on her feet and unslinging his M-16. "Let's get upstairs fast!" He ushered Katarina and Raquel upwards while the others followed further below.

In the back room-
Doc and Lara followed Sally to the window. All of them peered outside, and they quickly saw that the threat was not another worm. A teenage girl, no older than sixteen and completely naked, faced off against Spike near a white van and a white pickup truck parked behind the building. Her eyes were bright red, and blood and chunks of flesh dribbled down her chin. They had been torn from Spike's left arm, which hung uselessly at his side. He gaped, holding his shotgun limply in his right hand, while she attacked him again, only to stumble and fall. But she was not the only walking corpse out there. More buildings were visible in the distance, and a handful of other zombies were making their way steadily closer from amongst them, perhaps drawn by the gunfire.

Lara shrieked in terror, but still retained enough of her faculties not to give in to panic. Doc shrank back in revulsion, but steeled himself against the shocking sight.

Mutt, Katarina, and Raquel emerged from below.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll Sanity for seeing the zombies. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. As long as you don't go temporarily insane, you may act freely.
Sally,Don't forget your +10 bonus. This means your roll only fails on a 97 or higher.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle