IC-SWORD-Planet Terror(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-SWORD-Planet Terror(Everyone)

Post by ryansommer »

Sally nearly threw up at the sight of the woman, but she held it together.
"Jesus" Sally said quietly. Sally spotted something as she took in the sceen. Then an idea came to her.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the pickup truck-
Sally recognized the woman as Cathy Latham, who had been staying at the motel with her family and had driven off to see the meteorite. The car was theirs too, but there was no sign of her husband or their two sons. Clutched in what was left of her hand was a small pill bottle. Sally recalled Michael telling her about the family's demise when the meteorite had burst open and the mosquitos had swarmed out. The others had died from the stings, but Cathy hadn't. Instead they had torn her to pieces.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Cathy..." Sally says quietly, to herself as she stares at the carnage. "We should keep moving. This woman and her family were at the motel and came out here to see the meteorite. Giant mosquitos attacked them and killed them all. The mosquitos may still be around, somewhere."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the pickup truck-
Doc recoiled when he saw the dead woman and put his arm around Sally protectively. Her presence next to him also comforted him a little and kept him from losing it.

"Those are probably the same ones that attacked the compound this morning," said Mutt, "but, yeah, we gotta get out of here. Hey, Deadeye! Move that hunk of junk that's blocking the road!"

Deadeye got out of the van and ran past the pickup, numbed to the shock of seeing the woman's remains. He got into the Lathams' car and drove it off the road, where it got stuck in the muddy ground. He got out as the pickup truck drove past, then climbed back into the van as it slowly pulled up. Once he was back in the shotgun seat, it picked up speed and continued following the truck.

A short distance further down the road, a Porsche was visible off the edge of the road, wrapped around a tree. The driver's side door was open, but there was nobody in the car and no bodies were around. Sally recognized this vehicle too - it had belonged to Felice Piccone, the beautiful Italian woman who had also been staying at the motel.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll Spot Hidden again.
In the van-
The women remained silent for a minute in the darkness. They heard Mutt's shout, and then one of the van's front doors opening. Shortly afterwards, the van began to move forward again, slowly at first but then picking up speed as the door closed again. The terrible ride into the unknown continued.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally took in the scene in fornt of her. She thought to her self as she surveyed the scene: 'I tihnk Felice was a detective of some sort and may have had a gun...'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the pickup truck-
If there was a gun lying around, Sally couldn't see it from here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

To the girls in the van, "I'll try something..."

Zoe calls out, "Hey, you guys, I need a pee!"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally walked up to the wreckage, with her pistol out, and scanned the wreckage.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the pickup truck-
When Sally indicated that she wanted to stop, Mutt stepped on the brakes and brought the pickup to a halt next to the Porsche. "Okay, but make it fast," he said. "I don't want to stick around this area any longer than I have to."

Sally got out and approached the wrecked car. The driver's door was twisted and partly open, and lying on the seat was a Sig Sauer P-226 9mm automatic, apparently Felice's gun. There was no sign of any extra ammo, but it had a nearly full magazine. Only one shot had been fired, which corresponded to a bullet hole in the passenger side window.

In the van-
"Zoe, no!" hissed Lara. "If they get you alone out there, they'll...you know..."

The van came to a halt again, and Zoe had finally fully recovered from the effects of the tear gas. She found herself able to move freely once more - or at least as freely as someone who had her arms handcuffed behind her back and was locked in a van with no way of unlocking the door from the inside could. Unfortunately, there was no way she could reach the lock on her handcuffs to try to pick it.

"We ain't got time for that, honey!" called Deadeye. "Just hold it in till we stop for the night. It won't be long."
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], roll Idea. Also, roll either Persuade or Fast Talk to try to convince them to let you out to relieve yourself. [b]Katarina[/b] may try this too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

As Sally bends into the car, she suddenly looks up and says: "What was that?! I heard something over there?!" Indicating the direction opposite where she was.
OOC: Sally is trying to get Mutt to look away from her. When he does, she is going to try and pocket the Sig.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Are the current weapons for Sally correct? She has grenades?)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2167458/]Idea 70% (1d100=70)[/url] Ooooh! Mr. Handy, what is the % for Persuade or Fast Talk?
Zoe says, "Pathetic! Anyway, I'm handcuffed."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, [b]Sally[/b] does have 3 hand grenades and her weapons list is correct. She got the grenades from that crate full of them in the warehouse under the T-Bone, back in Chapter 1 or 2. [b]Sally[/b], roll Conceal. The base skill is 15%. Even if you fail, it's possible that nobody will see it. The base skill level for Fast Talk is only 5%, but it's 15% for Persuade.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Persuade roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2169126/]Persuade 15% (1d100=8)[/url]
Zoe is persuasive, but what the hell is she gonna do?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the pickup truck-
"What is it?" asked Mutt, peering off through the trees to the west, toward the sinking sun. When he looked away, Sally slipped the pistol into a large pocket in her khaki shorts. "I can't see anything out there, except the compound in the distance." He turned back. "Still, we'd better get out of here soon. We haven't gone all that far yet. Get back in the truck and let's hit the road."

Ghost and Deadeye got out of the van, which had stopped behind the truck, and started moving around to the side. "What are you two doing?" asked Mutt.

"One of the girls needs to make a pit stop," said Ghost. "I could use one myself."

"We ain't got time for this!"

"Come on, Mutt," said Deadeye. "We've got needs."

"Now is not the time. You'll get a chance when we find a place to stop. We've wasted enough time already. Now get back in the van, you two."

Ghost and Deadeye complied.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], I still need that Conceal roll.
In the van-
"Well, I don't suppose it will do any harm," said Ghost. "I could stand to drain the snake, now that you mention it."

The women heard the doors open and two men get out, followed by their conversation with Mutt. Then they got back into the van and closed the doors.

"Sorry, babe," said Ghost. "The boss man says there's no time now. We're wasting daylight, and we need to get far enough away. First chance we get, though."
Zoe Gallagher,In a way, it was a good thing that [b]Mutt[/b] hadn't allowed them to stop here. [b]Lara[/b] was right . There was nothing she could have done on her own out there. Trying to run away, especially with her arms cuffed behind her back, would be extremely dangerous. Being separated from the other women was not a good thing. If they were to stand any chance, they would need to work together. While it was impossible for [b]Zoe[/b] to pick the lock on her own handcuffs, [b]Raquel[/b] was also handcuffed. [b]Zoe[/b] might be able to free her by using the hook from a bra as an improvised lockpick. [b]Zoe[/b], roll Locksmith if you want to attempt this.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2171551/]Locksmith 41% (1d100=40)[/url]
Zoe says, "I'm clutching at straws, I must think! Hey Lara, give me a hook from your bra, I'll try unlocking Raquel's handcuffs."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally did her best to slip the gun into her pocket. 'Smooth move' Sally said to herself.
Sally drew her own gun as she moved back to the truck and kept her eyes on the area she had pointed out earlier. "My eyes must be playing tricks on me after being underground for so long" she said as she got into the truck.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the pickup truck-
Mutt shrugged as he pulled out and drove north along the dirt road, the van following behind. "I'm just glad there wasn't anything out there," he said.

"Well, we've got half an hour of sunlight left, maybe a little less," said Doc. "Let's get as far as we can."

The vehicles continued northwards. Soon the road came to an end when it formed a T-junction with a paved road heading east and west. Sally recalled that Michael had turned right at this point, which eventually had led him to Brownson when he had turned back to the south.

In the van-
The van started moving forward again.

Lara unhooked her bra and let Zoe use its hook as a makeshift lockpick. It took quite a bit of fiddling, but eventually Zoe managed to pick the lock on Raquel's handcuffs.

"Muchas gracias," said Raquel, removing her cuffs and rubbing her sore wrists. "I wish I could return favor."

Lara put her bra back on now that Zoe was done with it. "What's going to happen to us now?" she wondered aloud.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"I wish I knew, Lara. Keep the handcuffs on your wrists. Maybe we'll get a chance to escape," says Zoe without conviction.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally looked up and down the road, keeping an eye out for trouble.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”